Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2009 :  7:00:01 PM  Show Profile
Hi Jenny:
I'd rather be outside working/gardening/mowing than inside cleaning house. I get to the point where I wait for the rain just to clean the house. But, it hadn't been raining much. Oh, well... it all gets done sooner or later.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

acairnsmom
True Blue Farmgirl

1319 Posts

audrey
cheyenne wy
1319 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2009 :  8:44:51 PM  Show Profile
So, it's nice to know it's not just me. I'm having the same problem but I looked at the house this weekend and was horrified! Decided the weeds are the ones that will need to wait this week. Just hope the bindweed doesn't take over the whole garden! And I think I want a bigger garden, HA! Maybe I should try for a smaller house, yeah, that's it!

Audrey

Toto, we're not in Kansas any more!
Go to Top of Page

Annab
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Anna
Seagrove NC
USA
2900 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2009 :  03:34:15 AM  Show Profile
The house here is in dire need of attention.

We go out of town next week, and for some reason, I clean big time.

The gardens were looking really good, but weeds as usual looking bigger and lush.

Raspberries are in their second mode of production, and they needed attention too.

For both weed and berry, the weed eater did an excellent job!

I can see the peppers again and the berries can breath!

Funny how it all happans at the same time
Go to Top of Page

KayB
True Blue Farmgirl

540 Posts

Kay
Del City Oklahoma
USA
540 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2009 :  12:53:08 PM  Show Profile
Right now the front flower garden has gone to pot. I got all of the perennials planted, but the nut grass or whatever seems to be taking over. Since the granddaughter is here and it is so darned hot, we can't spend much time outside. However, the house is looking a little better every day and the ironing is almost caught up. I also know if I water the garden, the weeds will get bigger, too, but everything is frying in the sun. I almost want to give up. Watering every day is getting expensive around here.

KayB

Life's a dance you learn as you go
Go to Top of Page

junkjunkie
True Blue Farmgirl

1306 Posts

Judy
Lawrenceville NJ
USA
1306 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2009 :  7:34:18 PM  Show Profile
I don't like housework, so my garden has been getting most of my attention. Because of a rainy May and June, (not to brag....but I will..;D)my garden is looking its best out of all the years I started it. I try to keep the inside tidy and keep the kitchen and bathrooms presentable, but I hate dusting and vacuuming and the rest of it. I have a couple of ladies come once a month to give it a good cleaning, so it's not too bad. My home is lived in, that's for sure!

"To have life in focus, we must have death in our field of vision." Benedictine monk John Main
Go to Top of Page

peapicker
True Blue Farmgirl

716 Posts

texas
USA
716 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2009 :  7:48:39 PM  Show Profile
I am feeling a bit overwhelmed myself. The days zoom by and I keep getting further and further behind. My house needs a good deep cleaning and organizing. I don't wnat to do either. I love the outside , but the heat is getting to me a little. Over all I am so blessed though. Just watching everything bloom and grow and the summer morning sunrises are worth it all.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Can't have it all I guess... Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page