Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 If you..........., you must be a Farmgirl.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic If you..........., you must be a Farmgirl. Next Topic
Page: of 7

Faransgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

895 Posts

Beth
Houston Texas
USA
895 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2009 :  6:37:48 PM  Show Profile
YMBAFGI - Your daughter calls your crying because her Great Dane was just attacked and bitten by the Donkey.
YMBAFGI - your fingerprints are gone because of sewing callouses.
YMBAFGI - When it is time to give the horses and cows their vaccinations you do it yourself instead of calling the vet.
YMBAFGI - You have held up the leg of a stud colt while the Vet does the castration.
YMBAFGI - You put the horses in the yard to mow the grass because the brush hog is broken.

Farmgirl Sister 572

May the force of the horse be with you.
Go to Top of Page

1badmamawolf
True Blue Farmgirl

2199 Posts

Teresa
"Bent Fence Farms" Ca
USA
2199 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2009 :  6:43:16 PM  Show Profile
Beth, that dane should not have been in the pasture, donkey was doing his/her job, lol, poor pup.

"Treat the earth well, it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children"
Go to Top of Page

MeadowCrone
True Blue Farmgirl

220 Posts

Bernadine
Island Park and Salem ID
USA
220 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2009 :  8:22:50 PM  Show Profile
You ladies are hilarious!

Gratefully living on the "fat of the land".
Go to Top of Page

LisaTwo
True Blue Farmgirl

127 Posts

Lisa
Hampden Maine
USA
127 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2009 :  08:12:30 AM  Show Profile

If on this day on last year's calendar you reminded yourself of a conference call and the same date this year reminds you to trim goat hooves, worm and give CAC vaccinations, not only are you a farmgirl, you're doing something right.

Smiles

http://pinkporches.blogspot.com/

*And you know when the truth is told-- you can get what you want--or you can just get old.* (Billy Joel)
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2009 :  12:20:52 PM  Show Profile
How about, it is 90 out and you burn trees and brush!!! Twas a wee bit warm I tell ya ladies!!!!
Rae

Farm Girl #647

...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles:...
Isaiah 40:31

Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2009 :  6:44:21 PM  Show Profile
Bernadine, I just had to laugh when I saw your post about the steak knives in the hay bales!! That's where most of mine are right now! That is too funny. I thought I was the only one who did that. And all the wire hanging on the fences. Me, too. I had a duck in the house that my dog got too rough with once. Brought him in to keep the flies off the poor thing til his skin grew back on.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

MeadowCrone
True Blue Farmgirl

220 Posts

Bernadine
Island Park and Salem ID
USA
220 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2009 :  8:06:28 PM  Show Profile
We be Farmgirls! Maybe we are twin Farmgirls...lol

You know you are a Farmgirl when you tweak your back canoeing up the river and have to take the time to hang the herbs you picked, before you lie down, for a minute.

Gratefully living on the "fat of the land".
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2009 :  04:58:38 AM  Show Profile
Lay down for a minute?! I was going to take a Sunday afternoon nap yesterday but ended up having to get 2 truckloads of hay picked up out of the field and loaded in the barn before it was supposed to rain but never did. Rest? HA! And I don't have the best back, either.

I hope your back is good today, Bernadine.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

farmmommy
True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Kelley
Texas
USA
500 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2009 :  10:03:00 AM  Show Profile
I have another picture / YMBAFI saying on my blog...ya'll HAVE to check it out!!! ROFL!
It's titled Marrige Proposal!!

ROFL!!!

http://cockadoodledewberries.blogspot.com

Edited by - farmmommy on Aug 17 2009 10:13:22 AM
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13631 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13631 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2009 :  11:09:22 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Yup . . . "you must be a farmgirl if" . .

. . . a large can of BAG BALM is a standard commodity sitting on the your bathroom vanity.

. . . you have to soak and scrub your feet on Saturday night to get all the garden dirt off (and out from under your toenails, etc) so they are "presentable" for Sunday.

. . . one of your favorite smells is that of a freshly plowed field

Three cheers for FARMGIRLS!!!

CJ

from the barefoot farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

1badmamawolf
True Blue Farmgirl

2199 Posts

Teresa
"Bent Fence Farms" Ca
USA
2199 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2009 :  12:23:50 PM  Show Profile
CJ, I have one of those bag balm tins sitting on my bathroom vanity, as well as in every barn and in the truck, plus a little container in my purse, lol.

"Treat the earth well, it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children"
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13631 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13631 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2009 :  5:26:39 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Hey Teresa,
Great stuff isn't it . . .that Bag Balm!!! We ALWAYS had it around as I was growing up on our farm!!
Farmgirls we are!!!
CJ

from the barefoot farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

ZenGoddess
True Blue Farmgirl

613 Posts

Cindy
MO
USA
613 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2009 :  8:02:30 PM  Show Profile
If ya'll belong to Mary Janes Farm Girl Connection =YMBAFG!!!

and if you can walk down the walkway in the barn, barefooted, BEFORE its scraped you MBAFG.

If Critters are your reason for gettin out of bed in the morning YMBAFG!

This is so much FUN !!!

Hugs,
Zens Goddess

My life goal is to Simply - Simplify my life.
http://herbalcottage.blogspot.com
http://herbalcottage.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2009 :  06:37:13 AM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
YMBAFG if you get up at 4:30 AM to help your husband load hogs so they can go to butcher, but it annoys you that you don't have a setup to just do the butchering at home.

YMBAFG if you actually prefer painting the chicken coop in the evening as opposed to watching tv.

YMBAFG if you look at weeds as chicken feed and hog treats. Or wine and jelly, lol(dandylion, that one's for you Huckleberrywine and Graciegreeneyes.)

YMBAFG if it disturbs you when someone paints their barn non-tradional barn colors, lol.

YMBAFG if you realize if you won the lottery you would just spend it all on fencing.

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Planting Zone 4

"Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly." The Dalai Lama
Go to Top of Page

AngieB
Farmgirl in Training

19 Posts

Angie
Elizabethtown PA
USA
19 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2009 :  10:12:50 AM  Show Profile
Oh my goodness, around here I know of 2 barns painted pink,,, EEWW!!
Go to Top of Page

Faransgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

895 Posts

Beth
Houston Texas
USA
895 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2009 :  10:38:02 AM  Show Profile
Ok so the Dane wasn't in the pasture the donkey was in the yard because the horses and donkey's were mowing the lawn because the brush hog is broken. Dog accidentally got out when the A/C man finished with the air conditioner. Cause I know Donkey's think their mission in life is to protect the herd from coyotes and they don't differentiate between coyotes, wolves, big cats and regular dogs. It actually came up to the porch reached between the slats and grabbed the dog by the back leg. Oh. well.

Farmgirl Sister 572

Go to Top of Page

1badmamawolf
True Blue Farmgirl

2199 Posts

Teresa
"Bent Fence Farms" Ca
USA
2199 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2009 :  1:14:28 PM  Show Profile
Oh Beth, poor , poor dog. I had a donkey a few years ago, she was as sweet as sugar, except with dogs, she would climb a fence to get to a dog, and kill it if she could, finally had to find a new home for her, cause I wasn't giving up the dogs.

Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2009 :  2:06:02 PM  Show Profile
I am always looking at people's yards saying they need to fence it in and put a cow or horse and some goats out there. Why waste money on mowers? Or yard people? I am even stopping on the side of the roads to load my Trooper with branches of good leaves for my goats. I did that a few weeks ago and I'm driving home with big ole ants crawling all over the car. And me, too.

I would spend my inheritance on fencing, for sure! That's what we're doing today, putting up fence around the garden to put goats IN there so they can eat the veggie palnts and the weeds. I'm done with it so why waste good animal food? This way the bucks will get fattened up a bit faster for butcher day!! And we will do that here, too. Yee haw! I already have 6 roosters in a stall fattening up right now. I sure wish we could do the steer here.

This is all so fun! Ya'll keep 'em coming!

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2009 :  2:09:48 PM  Show Profile
I just thought of another one.

YMBAFG if you bring buckets to the church dinner so you can get all the leftovers and scrape people's plates for the pigs and chickens! We don't throw anything in the trash around here. Some 4 legged creature will eat it!

YMBAFG if you save every conceivable container that could be used to feed animals in. Or to use for scoops. Or storage.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

1badmamawolf
True Blue Farmgirl

2199 Posts

Teresa
"Bent Fence Farms" Ca
USA
2199 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2009 :  2:11:09 PM  Show Profile
Kristen, picking up animal food on the side of the road is great, just make sure it has not been sprayed with any kind of chemicals that could harm your goats.

Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2009 :  2:23:08 PM  Show Profile
I thought about that, too. It's mostly maple tree branches or from friends yards that I know don't spray.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2009 :  4:33:46 PM  Show Profile
You might be a farmgirl if you have to ask this question: No serious I am a rookie, can chickens eat the peels from beets??
Rae

Farm Girl #647

...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles:...
Isaiah 40:31

Go to Top of Page

Faransgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

895 Posts

Beth
Houston Texas
USA
895 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2009 :  7:46:16 PM  Show Profile
YMBAFI your shorts have horse treat crumbs in the pockets.
YMBAFI the technical support guy you can to help with your computer asks "Is that a horses eye on your desktop"
YMBAFI your kitchen curtains are actually half aprons with curtain rods through the waistband.

Farmgirl Sister 572

Go to Top of Page

HeatherAnn
True Blue Farmgirl

187 Posts

Heather
Rancho Cucamonga CA
USA
187 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2009 :  1:02:27 PM  Show Profile
this one was my mother:
...if you wake up to your herd making all together too much noise, run outside in your slippers and nighty, and walk the stray horse you find out there around the block and into your yard while the neighborhood dogs wake up all the neighbors who glare at you wondering why you are taking your horse for a walk. and then, around 3am, wake up your ten year old little girl to tell you you got her a present.

you might be a farmgirl if you missed your first day of your senior year because your horse died

you might be a farmgirl if you have a duck that thinks your his mother and follows you EVERYWHERE

you might be a farmgirl if you remember the day hauling hay bales got a lot easier because you finally weighed more than the 110 pounds that they weighed.

you might be a farmgirl if you have to use more than all your fingers to count out the many uses of hay bailing twine

you might be a farmgirl if your yard has a fondly remembered spot dedicated to 'pet cemetary' and you've never once been afraid of it

you might be a farmgirl if you've ever fished a floating rat out of a water tub

you might be a farmgirl if you'd rather sit outside and watch your animals and all their peyton place type drama than sit inside and watch tv

you might be a farmgirl if you are starting to completely run out of names for your animals

you might be a farmgirl if you step in something wet, hop on one foot over to the kitchen sink, put your foot in there and wash it off, only to remember that you dropped an ice cube on the floor a bit ago and no, this time, no one had an accident on your floor.

you might be a farmgirl if you get a hankering for new clothes, make yourself a shirt in the few hours the kids are taking their naps, and your DH comes home and gets all excited about how good your new shirt looks with that apron

you might be a farmgirl if your feet have never been able to fit nicely in womens shoes because you've spent so much of your life barefoot

you might be a farmgirl if you compare smells in the city to "horny goat" and "septic tank"

you might be a farmgirl if you can mimic the sounds of goats, cats, chickens, and donkeys and they will answer you and that this makes you so proud that you'll demonstrate at parties

ok. i gotta stop. seriously. so much fun!

Heather Ann
Apartment Farmgirl

"You got to look at all the good on one side and all the bad on the other and say 'Well, alright then.'" - Aunt Eller, Oklahoma

www.plumblossomknits.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

HeatherAnn
True Blue Farmgirl

187 Posts

Heather
Rancho Cucamonga CA
USA
187 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2009 :  1:22:38 PM  Show Profile
ok, just one more:

you might be a farmgirl if you wore make up for the first time to impress the boys at your 4-H meeting

Heather Ann
Apartment Farmgirl

"You got to look at all the good on one side and all the bad on the other and say 'Well, alright then.'" - Aunt Eller, Oklahoma

www.plumblossomknits.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 Across the Fence: Previous Topic If you..........., you must be a Farmgirl. Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page