Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 If you..........., you must be a Farmgirl.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic If you..........., you must be a Farmgirl. Next Topic
Page: of 7

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2009 :  4:38:16 PM  Show Profile
...you get chicken poop on you and think nothing of it.
...when trying to start the lawn mower you get a big black and blue mark on your boob cause the rope kicked back and hit you there :-)
Rae

...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles:...
Isaiah 40:31
Go to Top of Page

farmmommy
True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Kelley
Texas
USA
500 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2009 :  07:26:00 AM  Show Profile
hey....check out my blog....there is a picture on there JUST for this thread!!!!....lol....and yes....it's really our morning routine....classic YMBAF pic!!!

http://cockadoodledewberries.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

peapicker
True Blue Farmgirl

716 Posts

texas
USA
716 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2009 :  08:54:39 AM  Show Profile
Very cute blog. I haven't even attempted to make my own blog yet. I am assuming it is very time comsuming, especially in the beginning.
One rainy day I just might try it. It looks like you have a very happy family. Cute kids too.
Go to Top of Page

farmmommy
True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Kelley
Texas
USA
500 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2009 :  06:48:58 AM  Show Profile
Sharlet~I thought it was going to be time consuming, too..that is why i put it off for so long..that and because i really am a computer dummy...lol....but...to my surprise, it's actually very simple!!

We are a very happy family, and yes, i agree that the kids are cute...LOL!!!! Thanks for the compliments! I have another picture that has "Farmgirl" written all over it...but haven't added it yet, because I look so bad in the picture....lol!!! Maybe I'll go ahead and put it on there...we all have our bad hair and make up days I gues....lol....nothing to be ashamed of, right?....lol

http://cockadoodledewberries.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2009 :  07:23:30 AM  Show Profile
Kelley you can always say it is someone else in the family
hopefully I will get a blog going in near future, need to get a few more pictures though and all that fun stuff.
Rae

...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles:...
Go to Top of Page

Claude09647
True Blue Farmgirl

761 Posts

Claudia
Our Dairy Farm Pennsylvania
USA
761 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2009 :  10:50:17 AM  Show Profile  Send Claude09647 an AOL message
OH wow,i just love this thread... I have another one to add...

You must be a farmgirl if your husbands preferred choice of cologne is called "barn" scent. ha ha

"If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door."
Go to Top of Page

1badmamawolf
True Blue Farmgirl

2199 Posts

Teresa
"Bent Fence Farms" Ca
USA
2199 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2009 :  11:49:36 AM  Show Profile
You must be a farmgirl if you get all excited when you see someone has added another post to this thread, LOL!!!

"Treat the earth well, it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children"
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2009 :  11:51:43 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
LOL Teresa, you are right! I got excited to see that someone has said something new on here!!
makes me a farmgirl!!

Linda in Scranton, PA

Wear the apron of humility.
1 Peter 5:5
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2009 :  11:56:19 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Claudia....does your husband smell like a barn or does he prefer that YOU do??...just wondering...

Linda in Scranton, PA

Wear the apron of humility.
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2009 :  12:12:09 PM  Show Profile
Where have I been not to see this? I just spent an hour reading every single one of ya'lls great posta. And the funniest part is I have done most of these!

Here's some more I have thought of:

YMBAFG if the sight of nice rich dark soil makes you drool;

if you have birthed more critters than a midwife has birthed babies;

and the sight of blood and afterbirth doesn't bother you;

you can sit down to dinner and not get sick after a birth;

if you can chop off a chickens head, pull off all the feathers, pull out the insides and cook it up for dinner that night;

if one of your kids eats something poisonous and you wait to see what happens first before calling poison control, but a goat or cow gets sick you're on the phone with the vet to get them here asap;

if you have pictures of your goats giving birth or their big huge udders on your camera and only one or two of your kids or grands;

you whoop and holler and jump up and down sreaming for joy over that first ripe juicy tomato or that first squash;

if you fall into bed exhausted from a hard days work on the farm onto your freshly washed and hung out sheets and let out a big ole sigh of pure joy.

Grace, I laughed so hard at most of yours. You are so funny. I sure hope this gets printed into a book one day.

I love the one about naming all the critters but can't think of your own kids names. Too funny but of so true!

Oh, and when you are so happy you got a brand new wheelbarrow or hay fork or hoe for Christmas YMBAFG, too.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2009 :  12:13:28 PM  Show Profile
One more. YMBAFG when your hubby comes home and does not ask you what you have done all day because you're wearing it!

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Mikki
True Blue Farmgirl

1510 Posts

Mikki
Austin Indiana
USA
1510 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2009 :  12:17:30 PM  Show Profile
YMBAFG if..... You love the feel of warm sunshine on your face.
YMBAFG if..... You love the smell of haybreath
YMBAFG if..... You try to sweep around the miraculous spiderweb built on your front porch
YMBAFG if..... You leave the birds nest in your mailbox til the eggs hatch and the babys have all left home.
YMBAFG if..... You carry a flower print hanky in your stained bibbed overalls.
YMBAFG if..... You like to feel the fresh warm dirt in your hands.
YMBAFG if..... You drive a cub cadet and act like its a JOHN DEERE
YMBAFG if..... You wear a lacy skirt with a pair of muddy gum boots.
YMBAFG if..... You take the smallest fattest cut of meat after cooking it yourself, and pass the plate to dear husband.
YMBAFG if..... You feel guilty when your hands are idle.
YMBAFG if..... You'd rather go to tractor supply and orscheln than dillards, pennies, or wmart.
YMBAFG if..... Giving makes you feel better than Recieving.

~~Blessings, Mikki Jo

"Courage is being scared to death... but saddling up anyway" ***John Wayne

http://main.acsevents.org/goto/iloveyoumom

http://burningmeadowsprings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Faransgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

895 Posts

Beth
Houston Texas
USA
895 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2009 :  3:45:33 PM  Show Profile
YMBAFG if.....you show up for work in the morning with mud on your pants, hay in you bra and horse snot in your hair.
you wash the fly masks, lead ropes and halters before the family laundry
you drive around with a horse shoe attached to the underside of your truck for good luck
you get really excited when the farm equipment and horse products cataloges come in the mail

Farmgirl Sister 572

May the force of the horse be with you.
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2009 :  5:19:35 PM  Show Profile
How about your must be a farmgirl when instead of the mall your favorite place to go is Fleet Supply!!!
Rae

Farm Girl #647

Go to Top of Page

mtngirljon
True Blue Farmgirl

539 Posts

Jonnie
Webster Texas
USA
539 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2009 :  8:44:06 PM  Show Profile
K, so I love this thread :-). YMBAFG if you don't mind standing downwind of the flyspray ... and horse and cat hugs at the end of the day are the highlights of the day.

I'm new at this Farmgirl stuff, but can identify with so much. I especially love the callouses on your fingers from quilting, Jeannie.

Farm Girl #648 and Proud to be here!

Jonnie
Farmgirl 648

"Always dream and shoot higher than you know you can do." William Faulkner

Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2009 :  07:44:27 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
I'm trying to relate...and I finally did! I have needlepoint and embroidery callouses...and happy to have them!

Does refusing to wear makeup and going for the natural look sorta farmgirlish??

I am a farmgirl because I have flowers and plants on my BACK porch so I can enjoy them...not to make the FRONT porch look "pretty". My front porch is rarely used and plain...but the back is homey and well used.

I may be a farmgirl because I notice a neighbor on the other block with veggies and sunflowers growing on her city apartment porch...I want to do that too!!!

I am a farmgirl because I have the only homemade clothsline in the neighborhood and I use it all the time wearing my handmade apron! I love to dry clothes naturally and rarely use the dryer.

Perhaps we could start a sort of "related" topic that is "Being a Farmgirl on MaryJane's site has taught me______________or changed me in this way____________"

(It sure has changed me!!!)

Linda in Scranton, PA

Put on the apron of humility.
Go to Top of Page

gspringman
True Blue Farmgirl

387 Posts

Gail
Bonanza Oregon
USA
387 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2009 :  12:01:53 PM  Show Profile  Send gspringman a Yahoo! Message
If the first thing you find when you wake up in the morning is a skunk you've trapped in a cage meant for the stray cat someone dropped off. Then you gotta find a cover to put over the cage (and hope you don't get sprayed) and look for a rope to attach to the cage, so you can haul it onto a trailer which is hooked up to your quad, so you can then haul it on down the road. Now mind you all, I just woke up, so I'm still in my pj's, it's 45 outside, and I have'nt even had my cup of tea!

Gail
Farmgirl #486
Planting Zone 5
http://grammasladybug.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

Laila
True Blue Farmgirl

273 Posts

Laila
Kutztown PA
USA
273 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2009 :  12:16:18 PM  Show Profile
YMBAFG if you butchered chickens and find a chicken head on the living room floor the next day that the dog brought in. You pick it up and throw it out again without missing a beat!

Laila
Go to Top of Page

1badmamawolf
True Blue Farmgirl

2199 Posts

Teresa
"Bent Fence Farms" Ca
USA
2199 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2009 :  12:42:37 PM  Show Profile
Laila, I have found heads and feet after chicken butchering in the house, but the time I had a rabbit head on the kitchen floor when am new neighbor came by for coffee, well, that wasn't a good thing when the women went running out screaming, needless to say, she never came over again, and the whole family moved back to the city before the end of the year, LOL. I guess she wasn't a farm girl. hehehe

"Treat the earth well, it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children"
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2009 :  1:04:20 PM  Show Profile
Teresa now girl you know how to clear a room Might have to remember that one
Rae

Farm Girl #647

Go to Top of Page

1badmamawolf
True Blue Farmgirl

2199 Posts

Teresa
"Bent Fence Farms" Ca
USA
2199 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2009 :  1:16:56 PM  Show Profile
Rae, I just can't stand prissy, uppity, city girls who think their #%&*%$#@ don't stink, and that they are better than us! So yes, maybe I did do it on purpose?

Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2009 :  1:51:38 PM  Show Profile
I know, that shock thing is kind of fun, oops did I just say that!!! Some just really don't know the good life and I am being sincere now, being here and starting this farm has been the best thing. I love the mentality of we don't need the small farms, we just go to the store to buy our food!!! I had that said to me really.
Rae

Farm Girl #647

Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2009 :  1:51:43 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
What awesome stories/memories! Tell us more...I love them!!

Linda in Scranton, PA

Put on the apron of humility.
Go to Top of Page

MeadowCrone
True Blue Farmgirl

220 Posts

Bernadine
Island Park and Salem ID
USA
220 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2009 :  4:51:45 PM  Show Profile
You know you are a Farm girl when...
You have clothespins clipped along the side of your apron/bottom of your skirt.
A duck with a broken leg, is playing with your Yorkie on the kitten floor.
You have little rolls of "found" wire hanging on fence posts all over the place.
All your steak knives are stuck in the hay pile.

This is a great thread.

Gratefully living on the "fat of the land".
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2009 :  5:15:09 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
I have clothespins stuck all over my house...:-D
they are so handy....stuck on kitchen curtain...on calendar...on hangers where I hang wet cloths to dry. I hang wet clothes on the kitchen curtain rods when it's going to rain...is that farmgirlish?

Linda in Scranton, PA

"I dare you to scare yourself with how beautiful you are."

Rob Brezsny from http://freewillastrology.com/home.shtml
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 Across the Fence: Previous Topic If you..........., you must be a Farmgirl. Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page