Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 If you..........., you must be a Farmgirl.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic If you..........., you must be a Farmgirl. Next Topic
Page: of 7

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2009 :  1:29:11 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
yes, that makes perfect sense to me!

Linda in Scranton, PA

"I dare you to scare yourself with how beautiful you are."

Rob Brezsny from http://freewillastrology.com/home.shtml
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2009 :  1:33:33 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
We used to make jokes when I was in high school (the 60s) about putting kleenex in your bra for padding and then he only found out on your wedding night. (that's the generation when girls stayed virgins..lol)

ummm what does that have to do with being a farmgirl? Maybe it's just about growing up in the 60s. LOL

Linda in Scranton, PA

"I dare you to scare yourself with how beautiful you are."

Rob Brezsny from http://freewillastrology.com/home.shtml
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2009 :  1:53:49 PM  Show Profile
Linda, my mom did that. I always thought she was huge til one day I saw kleenex in there. That was really weird.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

1badmamawolf
True Blue Farmgirl

2199 Posts

Teresa
"Bent Fence Farms" Ca
USA
2199 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2009 :  4:23:48 PM  Show Profile
Heather , "horny goat" & "septic tank", that is a great comparison to the city, I'll have to remember that one, LMAO !!!!!

"Treat the earth well, it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children"
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2009 :  5:35:04 PM  Show Profile
ymbafg if your tshirt is full of beet stains from canning and your pants full of mud from going through it to the chickens and clearing in the sheep area!!!
Rae

Farm Girl #647

...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles:...
Isaiah 40:31

Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2009 :  6:31:50 PM  Show Profile
Rae, did the chickens like the beet peels? Look out for the pink poop now!

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2009 :  04:42:17 AM  Show Profile
Kris it will certainly add color to my ensemble, pink shoes
Rae

Farm Girl #647

...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles:...

Go to Top of Page

magnoliakathy
True Blue Farmgirl

453 Posts

Kathryn
Magnolia Texas
USA
453 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2009 :  05:53:33 AM  Show Profile
Your grown son asks what you for for Christmas, and you say 3" long bolt cutters -
Your incubator sits on the spare bathroom counter, so you can keep an eye on the progress -
You keep ducklings and goslings in spare bathroom tub for the first week, to be sure they are getting a good start -
You goat doe has twins and you send all of your friends an email of you and hubby holding the boys, while you both still have gunk on you from taking care of all three -
Your drive 4 hours to attend and come home from your grandson's high school graduation, hubby stays home and you call every hour to see if that second doe has delivered yet -
You are up at 5am, milk 2 does, feed the dog, spend 10 minutes with her, make sure the house cats have food and water, fix and have breakfast, take something out of the freezer for supper, get ready for work, be there by 6:30 and wouldn't change the morning routine for any thing-

When you free your mind your heart can fly.
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2009 :  09:56:23 AM  Show Profile
You feed your chickens with pajamas on before you change for church
Rae

Farm Girl #647

Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

2474 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
2474 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2009 :  11:39:47 AM  Show Profile
You are a farmgirl if you lived on a farm as a child but now you can't. Farmgirl is always in your heart, your blood and your caring for others, animals, families and each other.
Thank you Mary Jane for bringing us together again.

Bonnie Ellis

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

wyldwoman6
Farmgirl at Heart

6 Posts

Ruth T
Vancouver WA
USA
6 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2009 :  9:10:14 PM  Show Profile
i just discovered this thread and absolutely love it!
YMBAFG if you are already planning next years garden and prepping the raised bed gardens for use next year!
and i must be a farm girl cuz i would rather go barefoot than wear shoes and will not use my dryer unless it is going to rain for the next couple of days!
thank you all for the laughs!!

eternal love and light
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2009 :  10:02:08 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Hi Ruth, nice to meet ya. Hope to hear more from you!
I don't use my dryer most of the time. When my clothes got rained on (unusual rainfall this summer), then sometimes I gave it another day to dry again....and sometimes I brought them in to wash again.
I even took the time to iron many clothes to keep from using the dryer. It took more time and work but I started to enjoy it and knowing I was keeping my house cooler and saving lots of "energy". Especially the electric to cool the house back down in the summer! The exercise helped me anyway. LOL
I must be a farmgirl!

Linda in Scranton, PA

I'll remind you that the whole sowing-seeds-cause-and-effect concept was just a myth, because you were born deserving.

Thoughts become things... choose the good ones!
www.tut.com
Go to Top of Page

sherone_13
True Blue Farmgirl

2460 Posts

Sherone
Evanston WY
USA
2460 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2009 :  08:20:32 AM  Show Profile
If you have done your laundry on the back porch with a ringer washer, you might be a farmgirl!

Sherone

http://tinytaylorranch.etsy.com
http://taylorscountrystore.blogspot.com/
http://www.youravon.com/sheronetaylor
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2009 :  08:41:58 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
If you go out to eat and wonder why there is no chicken fried steak on the menu... LOL

You wardrobe consists of plaid button down shirts and jeans and you have "good" sets for church...

You get excited when the county fair comes to town because you love the smell of animal poo and hay... LOL

You quietly snicker at those who wake up at 9 in the morning and complain they are up early when you have been up for 4 hours already...

You wear a "Farmgirls Rule" T-shirt underneath your business suit for work..yes I have done this...

You find peacefulness in the eyes of the local farmer who sells his produce at a roadside stand...

You get excited when Tractor Supply has a sale on clothing... : )

You go to the city and can't figure out why everyone is in such a hurry...

Heather

http://somewheredownintexas-heather.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Faransgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

895 Posts

Beth
Houston Texas
USA
895 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2009 :  10:49:05 AM  Show Profile
YMBAFGI you can't find the fecal sample bags for your horses and reach into the pocket of you fluffy pink bath robe and there they are.
YMBAFGI you use hay string to make the hair for the witch decoration you make for your front yard at Halloween
YMBAFGI you know how to use a horse halter as a dog harness.

Farmgirl Sister 572

May the force of the horse be with you.
Go to Top of Page

lilwing
True Blue Farmgirl

1403 Posts

Brooke
Fulshear Texas
USA
1403 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2009 :  11:06:03 AM  Show Profile  Send lilwing a Yahoo! Message
Horse halter as a dog harness! PRICELESS!!

~~~~
http://nightbirdtrading.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

mtngirljon
True Blue Farmgirl

539 Posts

Jonnie
Webster Texas
USA
539 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2009 :  11:34:53 AM  Show Profile
Heather,

Where did you find the Farmgirls Rule t-shirt?

Jonnie
Farmgirl #648

"Turn your face to the sun, and the shadows will fall behind you" - Maori Proverb

Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2009 :  4:09:57 PM  Show Profile
You get dressed up to "go to town" and put on a flannel, jeans and a squirt of perfume
Rae

Farm Girl #647

Go to Top of Page

mtngirljon
True Blue Farmgirl

539 Posts

Jonnie
Webster Texas
USA
539 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2009 :  7:55:51 PM  Show Profile
What?!?!? That's not dressed up???? LOL!

I think you might be a farmgirl if you stay up until 11:30 working on an apron for a swap or reading threads on MaryJane's when you have to get up at 5:30 and go to your real job . . .

I love this place :-)

Jonnie
Farmgirl #648

"Turn your face to the sun, and the shadows will fall behind you" - Maori Proverb

Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2009 :  07:58:31 AM  Show Profile
I forgot I did also have little diamond studs in my ears
Rae

Farm Girl #647

Go to Top of Page

walkinwalkoutcattle
True Blue Farmgirl

1675 Posts

Megan
Paint Lick KY
USA
1675 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2009 :  09:06:30 AM  Show Profile
You must be a farmgirl if...
You can split and haul wood without ruining your nails.
You can drive a tractor.
You got three chickens as a wedding present and were so excited you squealed.

Starbucks and sushi to green fried tomatoes and corn pudding-I wouldn't change it for the world.
www.cattleandcupcakes.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

grace gerber
True Blue Farmgirl

2804 Posts

grace
larkspur colorado
USA
2804 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2009 :  6:13:23 PM  Show Profile
Hey Ladies Im Back

You Know Your a Farmgirl when:

You collect the flies that died on the carpet in the house and carry it out to your favorite hens..

You come home from town and realize that you forgot to take the hay bale twine out of your hair (great for making ponytails) and switch to something a bit less country. Heck my hair was clean - what more could I ask for??

You are willing to turn on the heat lamps for the hens but will not turn on the heat in the house for company - again I ask do those city folks lay me an egg every day??

You think nothing of using your bra to act as a halter when you find your neighbor's horse running down your driveway again and you don't have time to get to your truck.

When you go into town for a girl's day out and find that when you reach the resturant and take off your jacket that there are two eggs in the pocket - Maybe that is more of a senior moment??

You spend a day putting up Autumn decorations on your front deck (Looked really festive) and in the morning your orphan doe has decided it was her evening snack. What made it even more wonderful is she brought her new boyfriend (a four point buck with sweet eyes)
and they are where just finishing the Indian Corn has I finished my coffee..

When your new winter PJ's are Long Johns that have flowers on them - I am styling now!

When all the Christmas gifts are done because you do not want to be interrupted during Kidding Season..

Grace Gerber
Larkspur Funny Farm and Fiber Art Studio

Where the spirits are high and the fiber is deep
http://www.larkspurfunnyfarm.etsy.com
http://larkspurfunnyfarm.blogspot.com
http://larkspurfunnyfarm.artfire.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 Across the Fence: Previous Topic If you..........., you must be a Farmgirl. Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page