chaddsgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

843 Posts

Sarah
Farmgirl Sisterhood #639 MO
USA
843 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2009 :  09:35:07 AM  Show Profile
Ohhh, I want one of these SOOOO BADLY!!! Can't wait to hear what everyone else has to say about them. I'm sick to death of scrubbing my kitchen floor with a scrub brush. But mops don't clean well enough, so scrub I must.

A person is a success if they get up in the morning and get to bed at night and in between does what they want to do. Bob Dylan
Go to Top of Page

Diane B Carter
True Blue Farmgirl

1270 Posts

Diane
Blasdell N.Y.
USA
1270 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2009 :  11:18:41 AM  Show Profile
I have the shark one I got it at Linens & things for about $80. I do love it because when I have the baby (soon to be babies) over I can clean it without chemicals, but best it doesn't leave my floor wet. It dries in no time so I don't worry about slipping and falling. The thing I dislike about it is when you clean with it it seems to push the dirt to the front I line it up the just take a wet cloth and wipe up the line of dirt. The pads are washable which is also nice. I would recommend them I actually gave my mom one for her birthday (she wanted it) and she loves it to.

Hope all your days are Sunnydays.
dianebcarterhotmailcom.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Autumn Leaves
True Blue Farmgirl

463 Posts

Jennifer
Northern California
USA
463 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2009 :  3:54:29 PM  Show Profile
I also have the Shark. Just got it about a month ago, so I've only used it a few times. I agree with Diane, everything she mentioned has also been my experience. I would recommend as well. Happy Cleaning!!!

Warm Wishes
Jennifer

Never let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers
http://jenscountrylife.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

countrymum
True Blue Farmgirl

97 Posts

Lorie
PA
USA
97 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2009 :  6:05:10 PM  Show Profile
I love it!
It is very good for the enviroment, washable pads,no cleaners just pure steam, and the best part it dries almost instantly which is good with kids & pets.
I recomend watching when it is on sale and also buying extra pads.

"Life is brief & very fragile. Do that which makes you happy."- Flavia
Go to Top of Page

geminidream62
True Blue Farmgirl

74 Posts

Molly
Spokane Washington
USA
74 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2009 :  6:20:41 PM  Show Profile
I have the Bissell steam mop and LOOOOOOVE it. Highly recommend it! This is about the third 'gimmicky' floor cleaning product I've owned and finally found a product that fits my lifestyle and lack of cleaning enthusiasm. <G> The Bissell uses microfiber cloths, comes with 2 of them and I bought a package of 2 more but have some already cut out to make on my own too. (bought a stack of microfiber cloths for $5 at Ross) My house isn't that large but with hardwood and some vinyl floors there is a lot to clean and it is nice to have a pad for each room so I'm not just swabbing around steamy dirt. Before I bought the 2nd set of pads I'd even used an old cloth diaper safety pinned to the steam head and worked fine too.

And it is so quiet! You only hear a hum a the water is pushed into the steam chamber and then the puffs of steam as you hit the trigger. Very much more zen cleaning than lugging around a bucket and mop or worrying about adding to landfills with disposable wet pads.

Mine isn't made for it but I've even used it on the bathroom walls. Uh, 15 yr. old boy in residence. 'Nuff said.

Molly
http://geminisdream.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Steam mops; pinkroses Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page