Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Chapters
 Farmgirl Chapter Chatter
 Southern Fried Farmgirls
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic Southern Fried Farmgirls Next Topic
Page: of 6

hammondfarm
True Blue Farmgirl

77 Posts

Julie
New Caney Texas
77 Posts

Posted - May 18 2006 :  6:42:21 PM  Show Profile
I am so sorry that I missed the meeting.
The market was great. If any of you have fresh veggies to sell they are still taking vendor applications for these products.

Best Regards,
Julie

Hammond Farm
www.hammondfarm.com
People Tested Goat Approved, tm
Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2349 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2349 Posts

Posted - May 23 2006 :  04:30:11 AM  Show Profile
Julie....so glad you had a good time at market. You were missed. Your wonderful soap was given to a couple of new ladies that joined up.

I look forward to seeing you at the next meeting!!

Blessings
Catherine

One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt."
Go to Top of Page

hammondfarm
True Blue Farmgirl

77 Posts

Julie
New Caney Texas
77 Posts

Posted - May 28 2006 :  8:41:41 PM  Show Profile
Hey gals!

Glad to know I was missed. Working like a bee keeping up with market.

There are some great vegatables at the market, fresh eggs, goat cheese, fresh sausage,
handmade soap, fresh flower arranger, doggie gormet treats, Nothing but Roses, etc.

We still need to get the word out as many still do not know this market is going on.
The coordinator is working hard to make this this best market in the area.

Directions from Porter / New Caney

Take 242 to I 45.
Go North on I45 to Woodlands Parkway
Turn Right on Woodlands Parkway to Sixth Pines.
Turn Left to Lake Robinson or Robinson Road.
I believe it's the first light.
Turn right on Robinson.

The parking garage is on the right,.

The website:
marketstreet-thewoodlands.com

Best Regards,
Julie

Hammond Farm
www.hammondfarm.com
Go to Top of Page

hammondfarm
True Blue Farmgirl

77 Posts

Julie
New Caney Texas
77 Posts

Posted - May 28 2006 :  8:44:09 PM  Show Profile
Catherine,

Many thanks for the comments on the soap. I am glad that some new members were able to get some soap.

We just picked up another store for our soap in North Carolina. So I am busy trying to get soap ready. I am hoping someday that I can make this my full time job.

Best Regards,
Julie

Hammond Farm
www.hammondfarm.com
Go to Top of Page

Cindy Texas
True Blue Farmgirl

52 Posts

Cynthia
Mena Arkansas
USA
52 Posts

Posted - May 30 2006 :  5:23:16 PM  Show Profile  Send Cindy Texas an AOL message
When is the next meeting? I am dying to come and meet everyone.

Cindy
Go to Top of Page

hammondfarm
True Blue Farmgirl

77 Posts

Julie
New Caney Texas
77 Posts

Posted - May 30 2006 :  5:25:42 PM  Show Profile
Catherine,

Sorry to hear about Jason's Grandmother.

My prayers are with you. I understand as my dad is on hospice at this time and is not expected to live long.

Best Regards,
Julie

Hammond Farm
www.hammondfarm.com
Go to Top of Page

Shaklee Lady
Farmgirl in Training

47 Posts

Angel
Porter,Tx. (N.Houston area)
USA
47 Posts

Posted - May 30 2006 :  7:23:15 PM  Show Profile
Hi Cindy, the meetings are set for always the second saturday of the month, with options of sometimes something else going on in between. Hey ladies the blueberries sign is up for picking at Mooreheads, just off 1314 so it's close to us from our meetings area the feed store. I'll call this week & ask about the crop for this year. We'll have time cause usually for the most part it's season is thru June & sometimes into July. Julie thanks for the updating on the market we'll have to go sometime, open only on Sat. mornings, was that right? Well take care folks till later, best always...Angel

Sharing & Choosing Healthier Alternatives
Checkout www.shaklee.net/allen
Go to Top of Page

pamelasue
Farmgirl in Training

38 Posts

Pam
Porter Texas
USA
38 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2006 :  06:09:17 AM  Show Profile
Just a reminder....our meeting is this Saturday @ 9:00a.
Looking forward to seeing you all there!
Pam
Go to Top of Page

hammondfarm
True Blue Farmgirl

77 Posts

Julie
New Caney Texas
77 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2006 :  08:16:16 AM  Show Profile
Wanted to post that my dad passed away on Monday June 5th, 2006.

Hospice has been extremely wonderful, they are truely wonderful people.

Best Regards,
Julie

Hammond Farm
www.hammondfarm.com
Go to Top of Page

hammondfarm
True Blue Farmgirl

77 Posts

Julie
New Caney Texas
77 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2006 :  08:17:36 AM  Show Profile
Angel,

yes, the market is only open from 08:00am to 11:00am. They close promptly at 11:00am.

Best Regards,
Julie

Hammond Farm
www.hammondfarm.com
Go to Top of Page

pamelasue
Farmgirl in Training

38 Posts

Pam
Porter Texas
USA
38 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2006 :  1:16:44 PM  Show Profile
Julie, I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. We understand if you can't make the meeting. Our prayers are with you and Dennis.
Take care!
Pam
Go to Top of Page

Shaklee Lady
Farmgirl in Training

47 Posts

Angel
USA
47 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2006 :  07:52:58 AM  Show Profile
Hi there Ladies, I've been so busy lately, working hard & playing a bit in between...but sounds like everyone else has been pretty busy too! Julie "ditto" sorry to hear about your dad, glad for you on your soap business though. Hope you can make it tomorrow. Pam, I bet you & Chuck have really gotten into high speed mode for the grand opening of the store*, if that is possible right, since you probably feel like you have been since deciding to build the new store place... yea... I know you both will be so glad for that to finally arrive. Although there is always something to be done, it seems. Well I'll will be there tomorrow morning as planned, providing I'm in town (which I trying to be, haven't been for the last 3 weekends, between camping & fishing in New Braunfelds on the Guadalupe River/ regular & fly fishing, plus working & installing a new floor, digging & installing some new sewage lines, plumbing, water lines & a toilet, sink, plus cut grass & paint inside, etc. at my sister-in-laws lake house,) just got back in Wed. night so I'm trying to play catch up now on the home front. I think I've landed so to speak for now at least.
Hope to see as many ladies as possible out tomorrow morning for our once a month planned meetings! Jan, Connie & Catherine, & any & all of the other ladies that have been or haven't been, COME ON Over..we would love to have you join in!! Cindy come on too, it would be great to meet you.
Well I called about the blueberries at the farm here close by, they say better to wait till about Fathers Day for better picking, that's just next week so in the next one,two, or three weeks we should plan an outing for picking, it's easy, thankfully no prickers at all. The only thing is now that the summer time heat has started it's better to pick in the mornings so not as hot. Well later, got to keep moving to keep getting things done. Ladies, have a great day & weekend whatever you are doing!! Best always wished to all!! Take care.... Angel

Go to Top of Page

hammondfarm
True Blue Farmgirl

77 Posts

Julie
New Caney Texas
77 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2006 :  06:24:27 AM  Show Profile
I wanted to thank you ladies for the nice trip a while back at the Mercer Arboritium. It was the first time I had been. I now have a trip with my mother to get her out on monday.

Thanks Guys.
Julie

Hammond Farm
www.hammondfarm.com
Go to Top of Page

Sweetpeas Grandma
Farmgirl in Training

22 Posts

Jan
New Caney Texas
USA
22 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2006 :  8:49:59 PM  Show Profile
Hi Gals,

Had a great time at our meeting last saturday, loved the Blueberry muffins that Connie brought and my Mother-n-law can't wait to see the "RedBird" plant bloom that Angel gave to everyone. Julie, so sorry to hear about your father. It is truly so hard to give-up our parents. That will certainly be a nice outing for you and your Mother, enjoy and reflect on the happy memories and in the process you will be making new memories!

I'll check back to see when we will go blueberry pickin!

Jan

Go to Top of Page

pamelasue
Farmgirl in Training

38 Posts

Pam
Porter Texas
USA
38 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2006 :  9:10:04 PM  Show Profile
Hi Farmgirls! The meeting was short but well worth it! Yummy muffins!
Angels tomatos were delish! Thanks for sharing. Can't wait to go berry picking too! WHEN?? Don't forget about our opening on June 24.
See ya'll then!
Pam
Go to Top of Page

Shaklee Lady
Farmgirl in Training

47 Posts

Angel
USA
47 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2006 :  06:47:33 AM  Show Profile
Hey Ladies so glad to see everyone that was able to make Saturday, as I had said I'ld try almost didn't make it, but very glad I did, it was great to see each other again. For those that were there, yes I did go fishing & between 4 of us we caught 61 fish, (not real big, just white bass, but still good eating!!) so at least I have a couple small bags of fish for the freezer, finally!! Hopefully we can add to that for the meals down the road.
I'll call back this or next week for the blueberries as they suggested & see if it's what I call "wow" time. So for sure we will go!! Glad you all liked the red bird plant cuttings, best of luck with them, I just really like that plant, it's colorful & different & unusual when it "flowers" with red looking birds. Glad I had one still to show, than just trying to explain it. Later ladies, got to go feed chickens, fix the rider mower at my mother-in-laws, or load my stuff up on the trailer & go get her place done, etc.etc... Then go work the shop this week to, plus all the regular stuff life has in it for us ladies to be doing!!!Keep in touch & everyone have a great week, till later, take care everyone & best always...Angel

P.S. Had request for: The hab/jelly recipe I posted in the kitchen area of the forum, under jelly recipe, if anyones interested.

Go to Top of Page

hammondfarm
True Blue Farmgirl

77 Posts

Julie
New Caney Texas
77 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2006 :  9:43:29 PM  Show Profile
Market Street Farmers Market, The Woodlands - www.marketstreet-thewoodlands.com

08:00am to 11:00am saturday

Hope to see some of you.

Best Regards,
Julie

Hammond Farm
www.hammondfarm.com
Go to Top of Page

pamelasue
Farmgirl in Training

38 Posts

Pam
Porter Texas
USA
38 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2006 :  3:15:49 PM  Show Profile
Hey Everyone! Just a reminder our next meeting is coming up July 8,
at 9:00. Ask a friend, family member or a neighbor to come to our meeting and lets really get our Southern Farmgirl group going!
We need to discuss what project that everyone is wanting to do.
Hope to hear some ideas and looking forward to seeing you and some more friends!!
Take care, Pam
Go to Top of Page

pamelasue
Farmgirl in Training

38 Posts

Pam
Porter Texas
USA
38 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2006 :  7:28:03 PM  Show Profile
Angel, I can't find your email address to send that card to, I know its mmallen, but not sure of the rest, please send it to me so I can get that info to you.
Thanks,
Pam
Go to Top of Page

Sue-eee
Farmgirl in Training

14 Posts

Susan
Drummond ok
USA
14 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2006 :  05:30:45 AM  Show Profile
Wish I was just a little further south and could join your group. Hey,I just noticed some of you are in New Caney! My sister used to live there!

~~Susan~~
wife and mommy
Go to Top of Page

Shaklee Lady
Farmgirl in Training

47 Posts

Angel
USA
47 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2006 :  06:41:23 AM  Show Profile
Hi everyone, & a neighborly howdy to you Susan. Yes we are just a handful of miles from New Caney & Kingwood, actually between the two towns is Porter, very near to Humble, just north of Houston,not far from the big airport, for anyone wondering where we are, or wish to come join in with us for the fun & activites, or whatever we may be doing. So for some good news, it's heads up, our monthly meeting is tomorrow, this Saturday the 8th of July @ 9am, at the Knox Feed store, about a block or so off the main freeway of 59 on Knox road. So come one, come all, feel free to bring friends & lets build our chapter up some more. We are open to ideas & suggestions & of course more members.
Now for a bit of bad news, I'm so sorry to say that when I called back about two weeks ago to the blueberry farm, which usually goes thru at least mid July, that the weather, crop, etc. wasn't going with the schedule this year & was finished already. So to say the least we unfortunately missed out this year on berries all around. We'll be on top of this much better next season, for sure. The orchards expressed that they were very sorry for the seasons being off or just picked out so very early on for their normal time frame. So we feel bad for the disappointment for ourselves & others. But that doesn't stopped the Southern Fried Farmgirls, we will continue on for others events, field trips (so to speak), projects, etc.
The grand opening at the feed store was great, lots of fun filled
stuff going on for the kids & folks. Pam & Chuck we all thank you for the discount you passed on for anyone that bought anything on that grand opening day. They did a great job on the store, & we are blessed to have a super meeting place for the chapter @ the feed store, so thanks again.
Most everyone has been really busy with the summer time, etc. myself included. Just one of many things going on in my life is the new Great White Pyrenes puppies (known as the gentle giants), 2 weeks old now, just starting to open there eyes. We had 11 pups born, but we are down to 10 now going strong, looking cute & cuddly. We have homes for some already as the time comes next month to be able to start there lives without there mom in there new surrounding. Trying to keep the gardens going, helping at our shop since we were shorthanded, staying busy like so many others with life, love & family, etc.!!!!
Well later ladies, got to keep moving to get things done, hope to see as many as possible to come out tomorrow. Have a great day & super weekend to all!! Take care... Angel

Go to Top of Page

Shaklee Lady
Farmgirl in Training

47 Posts

Angel
USA
47 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2006 :  07:00:40 AM  Show Profile
Better late than never...an update on our last meeting. It was a great time, some of the ladies had other committments & weren't able to make it, but we had a good turn out still!! It is so exciting to meet some new ladies & we did our first do it & take home project, which I think everyone enjoyed. Catherine & Connie both brought stuff for everyone to get ideas &/or do something to take home with us after the meeting. Catherine brought the supplies we all needed to make garden stones, & it was great to see the wonderful talent & ideas everyone came up with. Easier than most of us thought, just using quickset concrete, molds, & stones, letters, & glass, etc. to decorate with. I'll try to post the paper we were given to take home & be able to do with others or ourselves. Pam made a really cute one with the "Southern Fried Farmgirls" logo on it, she has it sitting in the feed store on "our" dedicted Farmgirl table!! Just word of warning, the concrete does dry pretty quick so if doing lettering, don't be too slow, or the last letters don't take well, we learned that the hard way, but we know better now. Also, Connie had some fabulous ideas of some projects for us, like bird feeders made with the terrica planting pots, also she brought a sample of a 21st Century Milk bath with paper & instructions for everyone to have & be able to make (if we didn't already have sometime to do, which we did, so another time) & lots more, greatly appreciated. We look forward to learning more from each other. Pam was mentioning about Lisa knowing & showing us how to do a mirror with picture/ sounded like fun & pretty neat, Lisa you'll have to bring one so we can see & plan on a project on one get together. I think everyone really enjoyed the commorodity, sharing & learning something new & the best was being able to take something home, too!!

Also, on another note we have so far about three community projects we are working on. One is something Pam started which is saving the sample shampoos,lotion,soap,etc. that we get at hotels & we are putting them together for the women that are having to leave sometimes just with their kids or clothes on their backs, for different reasons many being they are leaving there homes because of abuse. So we are proud to be able to help with that. Another one is one I introduced to the group is saving the poptops from alum. cans, like soda/beer or even nowdays soup or power drink tops. The reason for this project was started last year by our family cause our first & new granddaughter was born with major heart problems, at 6 months old last year she had major open heart surgery & the parents are able to stay at the Roland McDonald house during that time so as to be close by & be able to try & get a bit of rest when possible. Well, I'm sure many of you other ladies have heard of this, I've heard some kids are able to get some treatments possibly paid for, not sure of all the uses for the tabs, but we've (HD & myself) continued to collect them (even though the rest of the other family members stopped)& we started it as a community project to help the Roland McDonald as they turn them in to help pay for keeping the house supplies available. And wouldn't you know now we understand our dear little Katelyn will have to go in again for another major heart operation on her left side now, hopefully this one will turn out as well as the last one did on her right side of her heart.
The last one we are priming up for is with Shaklee we are promoting a Million trees, a million dreams. Started thru Shaklee this past April on Earth Day we are trying to plant a million trees here in North America, & more over the next year, I will have more info. to follow. But since it's been too hot in our area so far for planting trees now, we are going to plan this as a fall project, so I'll be putting the details together over the next couple months. So that's it for now, sorry for being long but wanted keep everyone posted as to whats going on. Sometimes we may be quite but I know we are all busy, so stay tuned. Next planned meeting for sure is the second Sat. of every month at 9 am. @ the feed store. Anyone welcome!!!
Take care & best always to all of you!!! Angel

Go to Top of Page

Sweetpeas Grandma
Farmgirl in Training

22 Posts

Jan
New Caney Texas
USA
22 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2006 :  11:14:44 AM  Show Profile
Hi Everyone,

Boy, Have I been out of the loop, Angel, thanks so much for updating on the projects that are going on. My mother-n-law fractured her hip and had surgery on 07/01 and then went to rehap and came home on 07/20. She lives right next door to me, a stone-throw away, and needs supervision and assistance for now. So my hubby and I have been pretty much tied-up since she came home However, I'm planning on coming to our meeting this month. I'm big on the Ronald McDonald House at TCH, since my grandbaby was there when she was born and had surgery when she was 4 days old. We know that in the future she will also have to be having heart surgery, so I know where you are coming from. Right now she is doing great and her mommy & daddy takes her about every 3 months for eval.. An ideal for another project is that we could make lunch and carry it to the area that they have for the families that are visiting and staying at the TCH while they little ones are there. They have a kitchen, living area for all family memebers and of course sleeping quarters based on the severity of the illness for the parents. When parents & family members are up there for daylight to dark and with what parking cost, money can be tight! They accept any type of meal,i.e., roast, bar-b-que, sandwiches, snacks, drinks, salads, desserts it doesn't matter. We just have to let them know when we are coming so they can coordinate with other volunteers for what every day we choose. I will be glad to coordinate, if this is something ya'll would like to do.

See ya'll next saturday,
Jan
Go to Top of Page

pamelasue
Farmgirl in Training

38 Posts

Pam
Porter Texas
USA
38 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2006 :  12:58:17 PM  Show Profile
What a great idea Jan! We have been saving the pop tops also here and have a few customers saving them also. Just a reminder, our next gathering is coming up, Aug 12 at 9:00am. Remember to ask a friend to join us! We are growing each month, it is so exciting, I have had a few more 'Farmgirls" inquiring about our get-to-gathers and I'm looking forward to seeing them here. As always, I will have coffee and juice of some kind here and I know we can all count on Angel's jelly!!!
See you all soon! Pam
Go to Top of Page

hammondfarm
True Blue Farmgirl

77 Posts

Julie
New Caney Texas
77 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2006 :  05:50:25 AM  Show Profile
The Woodlands Farmers Market will continue until Oct 28th.

www.marketstreet-thewoodlands.com

Best Regards,
Julie Hammond
Hammond Farm

Hammond Farm
www.hammondfarm.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic Southern Fried Farmgirls Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page