Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Chapters
 Farmgirl Chapter Chatter
 Louisiana Farmgirls Unite!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic Louisiana Farmgirls Unite! Next Topic  

NotQuiteJuneCleaver
True Blue Farmgirl

222 Posts

Susan
Shreveport LA
USA
222 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2007 :  7:46:19 PM  Show Profile
Okay, you all know that my life has been rather frantic with my mom's illness and then her passing. But, I REALLY and TRULY want to get our chapter up and active. I have some ideas but as a chapter leader (Steel Magnolia Farmgirls) I have dropped the ball. And for too long. PLEASE contact me if you are interested in getting together even if it is just virtually for a while...maybe we can have a Spring Fling at my house in March. I would LOVE to. So please, please lets have a show of hands. Whose in????

And I am a member of the sisterhood and I am still not sure how all this works together...not trying to be dense...just not clear on all the details...feel free to enlighten me.

I do want to be a good chapter leader, really and truly...so wont you help me? no I want to be a GREAT chapter leader.

Oh...and I too think I will put my badges on an apron...I am not much for jackets...TOO hot most of the time!...hey maybe a vest?????

I will be happy to make us a blog...after we get a roll call and get started. I am starting at square one. And if I have slight anyone by not answering your emails (if you have contacte me) please forgive me. I am getting my life back in order and WILL do better.

Love you all...let's have a HEN PARTY!!!

http://www.thesoapmaven.com
http://www.notquitejunecleaver.com
There is immeasurable value in what I do. I won't ever believe otherwise.

Linda Houston
True Blue Farmgirl

538 Posts

Linda
Lake Charles Louisiana
USA
538 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2007 :  03:22:03 AM  Show Profile
Susan,

First, I did not know that your Mother has died and I am truly sorry. I have missed "seeing" you on the forum.

Yes, I want to be counted in as a Louisiana Farmgirl. Let me know what I can to hlep and I will. As I have said before, I am willing and able to travel !!!!

Looking forward to a hen party

Linda H
Lake Charles, La.
Go to Top of Page

Dixie_Amazon
True Blue Farmgirl

125 Posts

Dennise
Baton Rouge LA
USA
125 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2007 :  05:09:33 AM  Show Profile
I am more of a farmgirl wanna be.

Dennise
Go to Top of Page

NotQuiteJuneCleaver
True Blue Farmgirl

222 Posts

Susan
Shreveport LA
USA
222 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2007 :  07:10:08 AM  Show Profile
Dennise,
Nice to meet you! Jump in here on the forums. These are a great bunch of farmgirls.

It is my understanding (and as I said I am not terribly clear here) that we will have a place "Hen House" here on MJF. We will get the skinny on all of it and go from there. I really cannot add another thing to my list before the holidays but in 2008 lets do it right!

Go to Top of Page

celebrate2727
True Blue Farmgirl

989 Posts

Beth
MJF Farmgirl
989 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2007 :  10:14:00 AM  Show Profile  Send celebrate2727 a Yahoo! Message
Hi Susan- Sorry I missed your call. You are right, we will all have a Henhouse to call home. I will send you all the info on it.
You already have some wonderful interest in your chapter.

A vest or apron will be perfect! I know you probably still have your air on there- but up here we're freezin! B-R-R!

blessings
beth

I Can
beth@maryjanesfarm.org

As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest
appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them. JFK
Go to Top of Page

NotQuiteJuneCleaver
True Blue Farmgirl

222 Posts

Susan
Shreveport LA
USA
222 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2007 :  11:16:47 AM  Show Profile
Actually I just turned on my heat this morning. I started feeling a scratchy throat last night and I feel like dirt today. I am bundled up on my sofa wondering if I should have MORE hot green tea or something cold for my throat. I soooo wanted to sew today. I ordered a denim vest from eddiebauer.com last night. It was on sale for $20 and I had a free shipping code. SCORE!!!

Call me first of the week when you have a minute.

Go to Top of Page

DeepsouthMamma
True Blue Farmgirl

1454 Posts

Autumn
Southwest Louisiana
USA
1454 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2007 :  8:02:46 PM  Show Profile
Hey Susan!
Sorry your getting a cold- the weather's nasty today huh?
I want to be counted in on the La farmgirls,too. I am not able to travel much and am in the middle of planning a wedding for April so I may be of no use to the group. I am in the virtual one(Bees Without Borders) since I don't get away from home much.
Sure would like to help out in La if I can though.
Blessings
Autumn

Isaiah 40:31
But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Go to Top of Page

NotQuiteJuneCleaver
True Blue Farmgirl

222 Posts

Susan
Shreveport LA
USA
222 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2007 :  05:42:45 AM  Show Profile
OH Autumn! we will work something out. I would like to have a little gathering maybe in March. Maybe we could find a more central locale and you could make it.

AKA TheSoapMaven who lost nearly 700 posts by changing my name! :(
http://www.thesoapmaven.com http://www.notquitejunecleaver.com
Go to Top of Page

DeepsouthMamma
True Blue Farmgirl

1454 Posts

Autumn
Southwest Louisiana
USA
1454 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2007 :  4:38:24 PM  Show Profile
NO,no- you plan it for your place and MAYBE it will be a good day-escape from wedding planning for me. My 4th (of 5) kids will be marrying in April and I am getting older and slower with all this.
Just keep me up to date with the get together in March and I'll swing it if I can.
Ya'll are so sweet- I still want to get some lotion bars but was waiting till ya got your feet back on the ground from the loss of your mom.
Blessings
Autumn

Isaiah 40:31
But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Go to Top of Page

NotQuiteJuneCleaver
True Blue Farmgirl

222 Posts

Susan
Shreveport LA
USA
222 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2007 :  5:08:15 PM  Show Profile
The lotion bars are on my website if you want to order. I will do my best to get something together for March. I am 'supposed' to be in France from April 9 thru May 5th...if all goes as planned. We have a house and are suppose to purchase our plane tickets as soon as husband gets home. But as we all know, anything can happen. But I am making plans just the same. It can be a getting acquainted/going away party!

Go to Top of Page

MasterGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

572 Posts

Chandra
Louisiana
USA
572 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2007 :  7:37:57 PM  Show Profile  Send MasterGardener a Yahoo! Message
Hi Susan - so sorry to hear about the loss of your mom. Hope your cold symptoms clear up soon, I suggest turkey soup & Vit C! So glad you're connecting here again! Missed you! I need to get over to your etsy and order some soap. Is the soap that was showcased in MJF magazine available? Which one was in the picture in the magazine? I'd love a soap to duplicate one I found, I think it was Pre de Provence & it had coarse ground cinnamon for abrasive. My husband loved it for when he came in from working on projects outdoors. Do you make anything like that?
What's this about France? Y'all have a house there? Woman, you're livin' the dream! Please do tell us all about it!
Also, please count me in on plans for a Hen Party!
I'm putting my 2 cents in for an apron for my badges. I loved girl scouting and I am really looking forward to the fun of earning badges.
I am so looking forward to meeting all of the southern gal's.
Take good care & eat lot's of turkey soup!
Chandra

She considereth a field, and buyeth it; with the fruit of her hands she planteth a vineyard.
Proverbs 31:16
Go to Top of Page

NotQuiteJuneCleaver
True Blue Farmgirl

222 Posts

Susan
Shreveport LA
USA
222 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2007 :  9:33:12 PM  Show Profile
Hi Chandra...my website address in in my signature.

We are renting a house in Valencay for April and then the first week in May we will be staying in Normandy and venturing over to the UK before returning home. We are scheduled to meet my husband in Paris on April 9. He works in Tunisia. We will spend one night in Paris, rent a car and then on to the house. From there we will make a few trips back up to Paris to see the sights...its about a 2 hour drive I believe. We have plans to visit Germany, Belgium, Switzerland, Italy, and the UK. But as we all know, anything can happen between now and then. We will of course watch world events before taking off. If it were just Husband and I it would be different and I would have few reservations, but I reserve the right to change my mind about going if things seem unstable when it is time to go - I have children to think about. It will be Husband, me and the three younger children though there are rumblings about oldest daughter meeting us for a week. Thats it...NO we dont own a house there! I will enjoy seeing all Europe has to offer but I am just a farmgirl, making soap, teaching my kids, playing in the dirt and living in a little green house at the end of a dirt road. That's livin' the dream to me!

Go to Top of Page

Linda Houston
True Blue Farmgirl

538 Posts

Linda
Lake Charles Louisiana
USA
538 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2007 :  11:22:13 AM  Show Profile
Susan,

If I didn't care for you so much, I would be envious of your trip !!!! You deserve it and I am so grateful that you, your husband and children can do this.

I was also delighted to read that you were up and running with your business. I have not tried any of the other farm girls soap, but your soap is the most wonderful soap that I have ever used and given as gift. You entire businees speaks of integrity.

Farmgirls, this is NOT a paid commerical. I truly sing Susan's prasies to everyone. Again, I have not ordered soap from the other farm girls so I am NOT putting anyone's soap down. When you find a winner stay with them.

Maybe Autumn and I can wrok something out. She lives near me and I would love to share a ride with her or what ever so that she can be a part of our hen party. With the length of our mails to each other, can you imagine the fun we are going to have "in real Life" ?

Love to you and your

L.
Go to Top of Page

MasterGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

572 Posts

Chandra
Louisiana
USA
572 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2007 :  3:24:50 PM  Show Profile  Send MasterGardener a Yahoo! Message
Susan, you are an inspiration...it must have something to do with living right. I am so happy for you & your family to be able to experience France and Europe. That is a dream of mine as well, especially to have an extended visit like you're planning. So, do you speak French/Cajun French? I am thinking about getting the Rosetta Stone French language program. My M-I-L speaks cajun French. I have dearly loved the French language since I first heard it spoken, but even more so since I moved here in 1997 and I'd happen on conversations in grocery stores or cafe's between old friends and neighbors, a lovely benefit here in Louisiana.
I am looking forward to what will be my first gathering (HEN PARTY) with the Louisiana farmgirls; I am really looking forward to this kind of fellowship in my life.
You didn't say yea or nay about the possibility of a soap with coarse ground cinnamon, (did I step over the line by asking?) I know there are is probably a reason if it's not one you want to try...just thought I'd ask.

Chandra
.• ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.•´ .•´¨¨))
((¸¸.•´ ..• Farmgirl Sister #64 -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.•´

She considereth a field, and buyeth it; with the fruit of her hands she planteth a vineyard.
Go to Top of Page

NotQuiteJuneCleaver
True Blue Farmgirl

222 Posts

Susan
Shreveport LA
USA
222 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2007 :  5:43:38 PM  Show Profile
Oppps...forgot to answer you!!! Cinnamon can burn some folks. Or really anyone with sensitive skin. But a little for scrubby should be fine...just have to try it and see...with a warning of course! You didnt step over the line at all...I dont have a line my friend. Ask me anything! I may not know it...but ask anyway. No secrets here!

My girls have had two years of French. And Husband and I are learning with Rosetta Stone. Not very well I might add. Old dogs...new tricks you know. I know how to say "Fromage et baguette, sil vous plait." Though i dont know if it is spelled correctly! Just kidding...I know a little more but not much. I understand WAY more than I can speak.

FARMGIRL SISTER #15
AKA TheSoapMaven who lost nearly 700 posts by changing her name! :(
Go to Top of Page

MasterGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

572 Posts

Chandra
Louisiana
USA
572 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2007 :  08:06:25 AM  Show Profile  Send MasterGardener a Yahoo! Message
Susan, I just love knowing you're doing this European adventure...it's reinforcing my desire to work a bit harder toward the fulfillment of my dream to one day visit France for an extended vacation.
I still remember some phrases from high school French (tooooo many years ago). I paid attention because we had a young, handsome French teacher recently returned from many years in France. It helped that he was an Air Force Academy Graduate, I'm originally from Colorado Springs, CO. where AF Academy is located. It took "paying attention in class" to a whole new level for most of the female students; it was so much fun, we ALL had a crush on the guy & he made learning the language an absolute joy. He exemplified all that teaching is meant to impart. It was a wonderful class. Anyway...I still have the dream of experiencing France in person. I lean very much toward the French influence in my kitchen decor & elsewhere in the house. I just can't (yet) afford much of what I'd love to have...but I'm blessed once in a while with a great find.

I really appreciate the "mission statement" on your website. DH & I also find more fulfillment in knowing we've taken the time to create something ourselves. A bit of extra effort, but worth it. We've lived the "other" life of instant gratification & buying for the sake of convenience and can say it's usually accompanied by tremendous debt. It's the wise person that can develop a "wealthy" lifestyle w/o credit card debt. To develop the self-discipline to save for a purchase or even something as simple as planning the weekly menu, shopping for those items and sticking to those choices, rather than going out because it would be easier, these are the areas I need to & am working on the self-discipline. Impulse shopping and eating out are the types of habits I'm trying to break in order to simplify our lifestyle. I'm still learning...

AND, I'm still smarting from being Farmgirl Sister #64. The week of Thanksgiving we had so much going on and I didn't check in on the MJF connection and missed the post about the sisterhood, so subsequently wound up at 64...booo-hoooo, I thought I was wayyyy more dedicated than that. It feels a bit ridiculous to be competitive about my membership #, but there it is, silly pride.

The soap I mentioned is a really mild bar, not much scent in the soap itself...just had the coarse grind cinnamon for the abrasive & as I mentioned, my husband loved it. I can get the other, but prefer to support my farmgirl sisters. Maybe when you've returned from your European travels I can discuss it with you, creating a quantity that would be a beneficial amount for the time & effort. Anyway, ttfn

Chandra

Edited by - MasterGardener on Dec 04 2007 08:05:16 AM
Go to Top of Page

NotQuiteJuneCleaver
True Blue Farmgirl

222 Posts

Susan
Shreveport LA
USA
222 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2007 :  6:48:45 PM  Show Profile
Oh do you have a little sliver you could send me to eyeball? I am not going to France until April...we can work on it between now and then.

Susan ~ FARMGIRL SISTER #15
Go to Top of Page

MasterGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

572 Posts

Chandra
Louisiana
USA
572 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2007 :  08:02:18 AM  Show Profile  Send MasterGardener a Yahoo! Message
No, I'm sorry Susan, I don't have any left. It was DH's favorite so was used frequently. I got soap from a place in Breaux Bridge that sells, dare I say it...Pre de Provence...I haven't been back in over a year. It was a 2" to 2.5" square bar, (I wasn't crazy about that as it was difficult to use) beige/taupe in color with very visible granules of the coarsely ground cinnamon. Scent was very mild w/ hint of cinnamon. The granules were about the size of a "bic" pen dot made with some pressure on paper and the bar was just loaded with them. Does this description help?

Chandra

Edited by - MasterGardener on Dec 04 2007 10:29:31 AM
Go to Top of Page

Michelle Marie
True Blue Farmgirl

158 Posts

Michelle
Many Louisiana
USA
158 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2007 :  06:10:13 AM  Show Profile
Ok girlie, sign me up! I have not been on here since before Thanksgiving, I decided to steal a moment this morning.
Go to Top of Page

NotQuiteJuneCleaver
True Blue Farmgirl

222 Posts

Susan
Shreveport LA
USA
222 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2007 :  07:12:11 AM  Show Profile
Hey we'll talk more about this over lunch Wed k? Talk to you very soon!

Susan ~ FARMGIRL SISTER #15
Go to Top of Page
  Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic Louisiana Farmgirls Unite! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page