Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2009 :  06:37:23 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
First you make an account at www.photobucket.com, then you upload them to that site so they each get their own URL. Once they are uploaded to Photobucket or another site (even a blog) then you type in the following code minus the spaces I am putting in so the forum doesn't try to pull in a picture: [(space)img]Full photo URL HERE[(space)/IMG] If you upload to photobucket, hover your mouse over the photo you loaded and a drop down menu will appear. The code to add an image to this forum is the last option on the menu. You can just copy that and paste it here and Viola! Pictures! :D

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

shepherdgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1008 Posts

Tracy
California
USA
1008 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2009 :  09:58:56 AM  Show Profile
Hi Justice! Sorry, I have not been ignoring your request for my email address, I have not been on the forum in a few days.

I would LOVE to email and "chat" with you! All you have to do to get started is click on my screen name "Sherpherdgirl" to the left of my message and it will bring up a window to send a personal email, OR you could even click on the little envelope/letter icon at the TOP of this message next to the word "Posted." It will send your message directly to my personal email address. I may not respond right away, but I WILL return your emails. Things are very busy here on the farm so I'm not on the computer every day. I'll be waiting to hear from you! God Bless! ~~~ Tracy

PS- Isn't Alee's little girl just GORGEOUS!!!!!! I LOOOOOVE ARABS!!!!!! Thanks for sharing Alee!

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. ~~ George Carlin
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2009 :  10:27:43 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Thanks Tracy! Tala is so sweet and kind. I love her lots. If I hadn't gotten her, she probably would be at a new home in Saudi Arabia right now!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

shepherdgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1008 Posts

Tracy
California
USA
1008 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2009 :  10:38:24 PM  Show Profile
WOW! Saudi Arabia-- THAT says a lot! I remember that one of my FAVORITE books on the planet when I was a kid was "King of the Wind." I also LOVED! LOVED! LOVED! the "Black Stallion!" I Soooo wanted to be riding on that beach with Alec and "Black."

I've done a lot of research over the years on the breed and it's very interesting that the Arabs prize the MARES so highly-- which makes more sense to ME! They seem to be in the background here in the states, just a vessel to produce more STUDS. Most not even worth the price of the REGISTRATION FEES, let alone worthy enough to breed to a MULE.

I've had two Arabians over the years-- one a SWEET natured Rose-Gray Stallion, the other a GORGEOUS chestnut mare. The Stallion should have been gelded at the appropriate age, and the Mare was worth breeding, but I sold them both for various reasons. Both had papers. My Stallion was SUPPOSED to be Pure Crabbet, but in my research I found Polish, egyptian and even a bit of Spanish blood in his background. It's been so many years ago that his bloodlines were OLD School -- Abu Farwa, Fadl, Ofir, Reseyn, Bey Shah, Raffles, Skowronek etc.... I can't remeber my Mares lines, but they were equally impressive-- OLD School lines too. Her breeding was mostly Spanish. I had the horses at different times and both are either VERY old by now, or have long since passed on. I still wonder about them now and then and pray that they had a good life.

Enjoy your beautiful baby Alee and PLEASE keep sharing her pictures with us! She just takes my BREATH AWAY! And, to be honest, the Bays are my FAVORITES!! Along with the Liver Chestnuts, of course. Oh, and the more "Chrome" the BETTER! (LOL!!) ~~~ Tracy

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. ~~ George Carlin
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2009 :  07:42:44 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Tracy- Actually the tide has shifted a bit away from desiring stallions- at least in my experience. Of course there are still breeders out there that think their limosine backed, flat faced stud is just sooo beautiful ;) and they will breed him to anything that stands still long enough. But over all fillies sell for a great price and the Egyptian Arabian has held it's value even in these hard economic times. Some farms have been struggling and I have seen some nice mares being sold under their market value because farms are in trouble. The farm that Tala comes from practices strict gelding principles. In fact, Tala's brother is gelded even though he is very nice. They only keep about the top 5% of their colts intact if that gives you any idea! :D In all the years I have know them, I have only known them to keep 2 of their colts intact. Al Abjar is one and there is a new one Gayath.

Well I had better skeddadle- Nora is being quiet which is always dangerous so I had better go see what she is doing. I can't wait to chat more about horses! Maybe someday if you ever come out this way you could stop by!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

shepherdgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1008 Posts

Tracy
California
USA
1008 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2009 :  10:12:57 AM  Show Profile
I would LOVE to see Tala "in person." You never know, maybe someday I will find myself wandering through Montana!
Oh, you ARE in Montana aren't you? I can't think of another state that has a place called "Billings." But then again, Geography was never my strong suit! ~~Tracy

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2009 :  11:39:52 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Yes, Tracy- I am in Montana :D

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

yasmine
True Blue Farmgirl

173 Posts

yasmine
wappingers falls ny
USA
173 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2009 :  2:27:42 PM  Show Profile
Thank you! I will email you soon! I am so interested to ask you something about your Paso!
Thanks again,
God Bless!

-Justice

quote:
Originally posted by shepherdgirl

Hi Justice! Sorry, I have not been ignoring your request for my email address, I have not been on the forum in a few days.

I would LOVE to email and "chat" with you! All you have to do to get started is click on my screen name "Sherpherdgirl" to the left of my message and it will bring up a window to send a personal email, OR you could even click on the little envelope/letter icon at the TOP of this message next to the word "Posted." It will send your message directly to my personal email address. I may not respond right away, but I WILL return your emails. Things are very busy here on the farm so I'm not on the computer every day. I'll be waiting to hear from you! God Bless! ~~~ Tracy

PS- Isn't Alee's little girl just GORGEOUS!!!!!! I LOOOOOVE ARABS!!!!!! Thanks for sharing Alee!

Go to Top of Page

yasmine
True Blue Farmgirl

173 Posts

yasmine
wappingers falls ny
USA
173 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2009 :  3:39:17 PM  Show Profile
It's okay!

quote:
Originally posted by Faransgirl

Hi Justice I should have made that last post to you. Sorry about that.

Farmgirl Sister 572

May the force of the horse be with you.

Go to Top of Page

Huckelberrywine
True Blue Farmgirl

1607 Posts

Michelle
Rosalia
1607 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2009 :  09:16:27 AM  Show Profile
Hello Justice! Wow, you are 10 and have your own peruvain paso! I have a yearling PR/Col paso, and a senior horse of mixed heritage. Love them both. My daughter is 8 and just learning about horses. Are you involved in 4H? What is your favorite thing about your PP? I'm having computer issues, but I'd love to share photos when I get this fixed. If you get the MaryJane magazine, my daughter is on pg. 72 of the Making Hay issue. :) Hope you are enjoying your summer! Maybe you can help me out, my daughter is still a bit shy around the horses sometimes. What do you think could help her? Thank you, and it is a pleasure to meet you!

We make a difference.
Go to Top of Page

yasmine
True Blue Farmgirl

173 Posts

yasmine
wappingers falls ny
USA
173 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2009 :  09:32:59 AM  Show Profile
Miss Michelle,

Thank you for replying! I love reading topics on here! I love reading period! Also yes I do, and your horses sound nice, and very pretty! Oh yes, and I do not do 4H, but I kind of always wanted too. Well I have my own horses at my house so I really don't want to go to 4H class. I can study and learn about my horses here. I also do have chickens and I show them, so I don't really care about going to 4H or not.

That's nice, an 8 year old daughter huh?! My brother is 8 years old as well! Oh and I forgot to tell you that I think my favoroite thing about my Peruvian Paso is that she is kind, loving, I love her gait and lots of other things! She is the best horse in the world and I love her very much. My other horse who is really my dad's horse is a QH (QH=Quarter horse) and she is pretty good too!

Also I do have some advice for your daughter. Tell her to always pray before she goes near horses, as they can be dangerous. Tell her even the best horse in the world can me kicking there back leg if there is a bug biting her. And if you should walk behind it, it can kick you. So tell her that there is nothing to be scared of if she prays and God will help her. I love horses, and there is nothing you can do about them kicking at flys. Swishing there tails or rearing if they see a snake so thats my advice. I will write more later! And I hope that helps!

God bless,
Justice

quote:
Originally posted by Huckelberrywine

Hello Justice! Wow, you are 10 and have your own peruvain paso! I have a yearling PR/Col paso, and a senior horse of mixed heritage. Love them both. My daughter is 8 and just learning about horses. Are you involved in 4H? What is your favorite thing about your PP? I'm having computer issues, but I'd love to share photos when I get this fixed. If you get the MaryJane magazine, my daughter is on pg. 72 of the Making Hay issue. :) Hope you are enjoying your summer! Maybe you can help me out, my daughter is still a bit shy around the horses sometimes. What do you think could help her? Thank you, and it is a pleasure to meet you!

We make a difference.

Go to Top of Page

Huckelberrywine
True Blue Farmgirl

1607 Posts

Michelle
Rosalia
1607 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2009 :  1:10:25 PM  Show Profile
Justice, thank you so much for the advice. I'll have my daughter read what you have written. I'm going to take her shopping this week for a new riding helmet too. I think with your wise advice and her helmet, she should feel better about enjoying horses safely.

Your horse and chickens, and family are lucky to have a kind girl like you!

We make a difference.
Go to Top of Page

Brew Crew
True Blue Farmgirl

676 Posts

Molly
Arizona
676 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2009 :  4:02:34 PM  Show Profile
Elise, your horses are gorgeous! And Alee, congrats on finally getting to bring home your Tala. :)

The Biz www.tvalahandmade.com
The Blog: http://blog.tvalahandmade.com/
The Bits www.happydalehobby.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic All things Horses, and Ponys Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page