yasmine
True Blue Farmgirl

173 Posts

yasmine
wappingers falls ny
USA
173 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2009 :  06:15:18 AM  Show Profile

Hi, I am Yasmine's daughter! I've been on this fourm many times and also as you can see whenever I go on the fourm. It's Barnyard Buddies!
I love horses, and I wanted to know if any of you have horses, or ponys! If you do.... Do you have pictures? Let me know because I'd love to see horse pictures at any time! I have a Peruvian Paso! My mom may have asked questions about her when she had a sprained ankle!
Well I hope to see pictures!
God Bless!

~Justice~

Edited by - yasmine on Jun 29 2009 2:34:05 PM

yasmine
True Blue Farmgirl

173 Posts

yasmine
wappingers falls ny
USA
173 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2009 :  06:17:24 AM  Show Profile
Oh and if I knew how to put pictures of my horse on here I would post it but I dont!!!!!! Sorry but I'd still love to see pictures of any of your horses y'all!

~Justice~
Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2009 :  08:36:06 AM  Show Profile
Well Yasmine I just posted some pics of horses and a pony on my smallcityscenes blog.
And here and there I have posted many horsy pics. We have 4 horses and 2 minis who grew too tall so they are short ponies. Ha! MB

http://www.smallcityscenes.blogspot.com
www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com www.holyhouses-day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

yasmine
True Blue Farmgirl

173 Posts

yasmine
wappingers falls ny
USA
173 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2009 :  09:13:57 AM  Show Profile
Thank you for replying! I will take a look at your blog (or website) (LOL, haha)........

~Justice~
Go to Top of Page

yasmine
True Blue Farmgirl

173 Posts

yasmine
wappingers falls ny
USA
173 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2009 :  09:21:24 AM  Show Profile
I just looked at your smallcityscenes blog! Your mini pony is SO cute and also I saw some pictures of goats and geese?!?!?!?!?! Are they yours? I will write more later! Oh and I was wondering..... do you do anything with chickens? Because I talked to a person (lady/woman) on the phone about Pullorum testing for chickens, and her name is MaryBeth! Let me know! Thanks!
Oh and I am also 10 yrs old!......

~Justice~
Go to Top of Page

Faransgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

895 Posts

Beth
Houston Texas
USA
895 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2009 :  1:06:51 PM  Show Profile
Hi, Yasmine, I have three horses of my own and I work for a Horse rescue organization called Habitat for Horses. I don't know how to post pictures here but if you like to look Habitat has a web-site. habitatforhorses.org. They have lots of pictures and stories about the horses we have rescued. We rescued them after Katrina, Ike, Rita and just a few months ago we rescued 200 from a ranch in Navada. I have Faran Issoba who is an 18 year old draft/quarter cross. I rescued him from the slaughter house three years ago. He was a cow roping/penning horse, then he was a reining horse then he became a trail horse. Then I got him. I also, have Colonel Montgomery Dunbar. He is a 15 yr old buckskin gelding. He was a stray when Habitat found him and took him to the ranch. I adopted him from there. We don't know what he use to be. And I have a Mare named Miss-Matched Sox. She was a lesson horse for children for 18 years. She is 22 now. Habitat has over 300 almost 400 horses in our program. Well, actually some are horses, some are ponies and some are donkeys or mules. Almost all of them have pictures and their story on the web-sit.

Farmgirl Sister 572

May the force of the horse be with you.
Go to Top of Page

Faransgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

895 Posts

Beth
Houston Texas
USA
895 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2009 :  4:03:10 PM  Show Profile
Hi Justice I should have made that last post to you. Sorry about that.

Farmgirl Sister 572

May the force of the horse be with you.
Go to Top of Page

RedHoopWoman
True Blue Farmgirl

513 Posts

Kathryn
Yoder Colorado
USA
513 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2009 :  4:38:32 PM  Show Profile
Hi Justice!
I have five horses altogether,my most recent addition is a Norwegian Fjord who I'm just getting started under saddle,our other four are Maximus Red,an appendix bred gelding,Stormcloud,my grulla mustang mare,Beau,a Kentucky Mountain Horse and Ponyboy,my Daughter Raven's Red Roan paint,we just recently lost my 17.2 HH Thoroughbred named Thorgrum.
I rode Western all my life but in recent years have taken up Classical Dressage and jumping but I regularly get hired out for spring and fall cattle work on some of the local outfits.
I do alot of colt starting for other people and specialize in restarting Off the Track Thoroughbreds to be saddle and performance horses,it's great to make a living doing something that you enjoy.
I wish I knew how to post pictures here,I would especially love to show off the new Fjord horse!

"Today's Mighty Oak is just Yesterday's Nut"
Go to Top of Page

goneriding
True Blue Farmgirl

1599 Posts

Winona
Central Oregon
USA
1599 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2009 :  5:48:22 PM  Show Profile
Welp, I have lots of pics but I'm on dial-up and it would be forever before they loaded to show you, but you can google your favorite breeds (mine's Appaloosas) to get a lot of great pics!

Winona ;-)

To read funny stories about my cooking 'skills', please visit http://lostadventuresincooking.blogspot.com/

For uber-opinionated, pleasurable horse related reading, please visit http://horseinfoperson.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

ranchmama
True Blue Farmgirl

360 Posts

Elise
Rosebud MT
USA
360 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2009 :  5:54:23 PM  Show Profile
Hi Justice,

My husband and I live and work on a cattle ranch. All our work is done horseback. We just got done branding and roped the calves and branded the old fashion way! All the cattle have been moved to their summer psatures and the horses will have the summer off soon. We have 4 horses of our own and 7 ranch horses here with us.

If you go to my Flickr pictures here
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ranchmama/
on the 1st and 2nd page are pictures of the horses. If you visit my blog, you can see the 11th horse.. I never got a picture of him the same day I did the others! Acino is my favorite, but not my husbands! He got bucked off the last time he rode him twice! That was almost a month ago and his leg still hurts! But Acino is a young colt and he has a good atittude. He was pretty skittish when we got him but I gentled him over that first winter to where we good at least touch him.

I've loved horses since I was little but don't ride much now. Glad you drop in and visit with us!

Elise

Every Child Deserves Our Love &
A Bear of Their Own
http://ATeddyForKeeps.org

http://ranchmama.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

yasmine
True Blue Farmgirl

173 Posts

yasmine
wappingers falls ny
USA
173 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2009 :  12:48:15 PM  Show Profile
Beth, and Kathryn,

Thank you both very much for replying, and Beth I will take a look at your website!

Also, Kathryn, I do not mind not seeing your horse pictures, and I do now know how to upload pictures on here eaither!!!!! But I absoulutly LOVED looking at the information and description of your horses! I have heard and seen pictures of Fjord horses! They are pretty pretty (LOL)!!!!

I have to go now but I later I will reply to Gonerding!

~Justice~
Go to Top of Page

shepherdgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1008 Posts

Tracy
California
USA
1008 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2009 :  4:08:31 PM  Show Profile
Hello Justice! LOVE your name! It's WONDERFUL!

I have 4 horses too. My Dk Bay Morgan Gelding (Johnnie "Walker" Red) was a 1yr Anniversy presant from my husband. Walker was about 1-1 1/2yrs old when I got him. Hubby and I will be celebrating our 20th Anniversary this September 30th, so that tells you how old Walker is! He's a total doll, though I have to admit he was quit a BOOGER when he was young!

One of my three Mares has also been with us since she was very young. I bought her from a friend of mine when she was 1 1/2 too. But, since my friend bred her, I've known my Beautiful Sorrel Quarter-Pony mare, "Isabeau" (aka: "Izzy") since she was just 4 days old. It was loooove at first sight! I've had her nearly 10yrs now and she's still just as beautiful and sweet as the first time I saw her-- only BIGGER!

The other two mares we have came to us about two years ago. We grow our own hay, so we traded a truck load for each of them, though they came from two very different places. "Destiny" (which is actually my HUSBANDS horse--- only I'M the one who takes care of her!) came from an hour or so north of us. She's a Hanovarian Cross. My guess is the OTHER half is Thoroughbred, but I'm not certain. She's a big tall Bay.

My "Sierra" is a registered flea bitten gray Paso Fino. She came from a horse rescue just a short way north-west of us. She's very sweet, but the other horses don't seem to care for her much. She's ok with that though. She seems perfectly happy hanging out with my little goats and a flock of wooly sheep. She's got a few "Mechanical" issues (she's "Stifled" in one back leg), AND she's a bit accident prone, but she's just a total sweetheart and I wouldn't trade her and all her quirky little ways for the world!

If I could post pictures, I surely would, but I'm afraid I can't either. Dial-up service and a VERY OLD computer just don't get the job done! Take care Love, and we're so glad you've joined the forum! Happy trails Justice!! ~~~ Tracy

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. ~~ George Carlin
Go to Top of Page

yasmine
True Blue Farmgirl

173 Posts

yasmine
wappingers falls ny
USA
173 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2009 :  5:36:04 PM  Show Profile
Wiona, and Elsie,

Thank you for replying!

Wiona,
I enjoyed your pictures!
&
Elsie, I google horse pics ALL THE TIME!

God bless,
~Justice~
Go to Top of Page

yasmine
True Blue Farmgirl

173 Posts

yasmine
wappingers falls ny
USA
173 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2009 :  5:57:43 PM  Show Profile
Hi Tracy!
I loved your long post! I love reading!
Thank you for replying! and I wanted to know if you would be able to tell me your email address!!!!! I am 10 years old and my horse is a Peruvian Paso! I wanted to type to you about the stifel muscle and that my horse has a problem with her stifel muscle too! If you don't want to give me your email address, I understand.... I don't think anybody likes giving out their email address's just incase!
Well I have to go! I will (hopefully) talk to you later!
God Bless,
Justice
quote:
Originally posted by shepherdgirl

Hello Justice! LOVE your name! It's WONDERFUL!

I have 4 horses too. My Dk Bay Morgan Gelding (Johnnie "Walker" Red) was a 1yr Anniversy presant from my husband. Walker was about 1-1 1/2yrs old when I got him. Hubby and I will be celebrating our 20th Anniversary this September 30th, so that tells you how old Walker is! He's a total doll, though I have to admit he was quit a BOOGER when he was young!

One of my three Mares has also been with us since she was very young. I bought her from a friend of mine when she was 1 1/2 too. But, since my friend bred her, I've known my Beautiful Sorrel Quarter-Pony mare, "Isabeau" (aka: "Izzy") since she was just 4 days old. It was loooove at first sight! I've had her nearly 10yrs now and she's still just as beautiful and sweet as the first time I saw her-- only BIGGER!

The other two mares we have came to us about two years ago. We grow our own hay, so we traded a truck load for each of them, though they came from two very different places. "Destiny" (which is actually my HUSBANDS horse--- only I'M the one who takes care of her!) came from an hour or so north of us. She's a Hanovarian Cross. My guess is the OTHER half is Thoroughbred, but I'm not certain. She's a big tall Bay.

My "Sierra" is a registered flea bitten gray Paso Fino. She came from a horse rescue just a short way north-west of us. She's very sweet, but the other horses don't seem to care for her much. She's ok with that though. She seems perfectly happy hanging out with my little goats and a flock of wooly sheep. She's got a few "Mechanical" issues (she's "Stifled" in one back leg), AND she's a bit accident prone, but she's just a total sweetheart and I wouldn't trade her and all her quirky little ways for the world!

If I could post pictures, I surely would, but I'm afraid I can't either. Dial-up service and a VERY OLD computer just don't get the job done! Take care Love, and we're so glad you've joined the forum! Happy trails Justice!! ~~~ Tracy

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. ~~ George Carlin

Go to Top of Page

pnygrl
Farmgirl in Training

34 Posts

Adrianne
Chazy New York
USA
34 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2009 :  07:58:46 AM  Show Profile
Hi Justice! I have a spotted draft named Gypsy. She is a tobiano black and white. I also work at a farnm that has 26 Morgans so I get to play with all of them too. We recently had two foals at the farm, a filly and a colt and they are spending this morning chasing each other around the pasture.

I woudld like to post a picture of Gypsy but I don't know how- is there anyone reading these that could let me know what to do to post a picture???
Go to Top of Page

peachy
True Blue Farmgirl

593 Posts

Melissa
Fennville MI
USA
593 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2009 :  01:09:51 AM  Show Profile  Send peachy a Yahoo! Message
Hi Justice! I have pictures of our horses on my blog if you want to check it out...not alot as I've been alittle behind lately! We did have 7...now down to 4 and alot easier to feed! My dh does all the trimming so that saves us alot of time and money and we just got enough fence posts from a friend to put up a big arena! I can hardly wait!!! Of course with hay season here and a whole field of uncut hay...I might be waiting awhile for the arena to actually happen, this is I suppose where patience comes in and I'm not very good at that!(hee, hee!) The horses we still have are a sweet quarter horse pony who doesn't get along with any other horse on the farm, that's our "Champ", he does get along great with cows and "cow-sits" all the new calves that come into our farm! We also have Buster, he was my first horse, the dapple colored mustang...he came from Skunk Canyon, Utah (or so the papers say!), there's my Tavio, he's my best friend and trail buddy! And last but not least our Aries Breeze...this horse along with Tavio are part QH/Arab and Aries will be the first to grab everything out of your hand or truck if you're out fixing the fences...he's been known to unwind alot of fence wire and he holds a hammer pretty good too!

Melissa
Farmgirl Sister #360

http://oldethymecountrybarn.blogspot.com/

Life isn't about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain!
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2009 :  07:07:12 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I have a 2 year old Straight Egyptian Arabian filly. I will be bringing her home with me after Farm Fair over 4th of July weekend. I am so excited! I bought a water bucket on Sunday for the trip home and you would have thought I was buying diamonds- I was so excited! Sometimes you just need something concrete like a water bucket to tell you that you really are buying a horse! :D

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

yasmine
True Blue Farmgirl

173 Posts

yasmine
wappingers falls ny
USA
173 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2009 :  11:10:42 AM  Show Profile
Hi Adrianne!
Thank you for replying! You farmgirls are all so nice! Is Gypsy and Gypsy Vanner Horse? I was just wondering because you said she was a draft horse, and her name is Gypsy so thats what came to my mind!
26 morgans!! That's a lot of Morgans! The foals sound so cute! Which I bet they are!
Also, you can post pictures by going to "Photobucket.com" I tryed it but I got confused and thought maybe I don't need to do it so I canceled my account but I'm sure that you would find out how to do it... It basiclly tells you how to do it on the opening page so try Photobucket.com!
Hope you figure the website out!

God Bless,
Justice

quote:
Originally posted by pnygrl

Hi Justice! I have a spotted draft named Gypsy. She is a tobiano black and white. I also work at a farnm that has 26 Morgans so I get to play with all of them too. We recently had two foals at the farm, a filly and a colt and they are spending this morning chasing each other around the pasture.

I woudld like to post a picture of Gypsy but I don't know how- is there anyone reading these that could let me know what to do to post a picture???

Go to Top of Page

pnygrl
Farmgirl in Training

34 Posts

Adrianne
Chazy New York
USA
34 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2009 :  11:31:01 AM  Show Profile
Justice- no she is not a Gypsy, I wish she was, but she kind of looks like one- just without all the big hair!
Go to Top of Page

yasmine
True Blue Farmgirl

173 Posts

yasmine
wappingers falls ny
USA
173 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2009 :  12:35:12 PM  Show Profile
Melissa,

I will definetly check out your blog!
I'm sure it will be great! Congradulations on your fence posts, and I'm praying that it will go well!!!!! I ride my 2 horses on my lawn! It is so fun but my QH (OH=Quarter Horse) mare has a bad grass eating habit so I have to get after her with that.... She has gotten a lot better with the grass though!
Anyway, I loved reading about your horses, and I hope to write to you again soon!

God Bless,
Justice

quote:
Originally posted by peachy

Hi Justice! I have pictures of our horses on my blog if you want to check it out...not alot as I've been alittle behind lately! We did have 7...now down to 4 and alot easier to feed! My dh does all the trimming so that saves us alot of time and money and we just got enough fence posts from a friend to put up a big arena! I can hardly wait!!! Of course with hay season here and a whole field of uncut hay...I might be waiting awhile for the arena to actually happen, this is I suppose where patience comes in and I'm not very good at that!(hee, hee!) The horses we still have are a sweet quarter horse pony who doesn't get along with any other horse on the farm, that's our "Champ", he does get along great with cows and "cow-sits" all the new calves that come into our farm! We also have Buster, he was my first horse, the dapple colored mustang...he came from Skunk Canyon, Utah (or so the papers say!), there's my Tavio, he's my best friend and trail buddy! And last but not least our Aries Breeze...this horse along with Tavio are part QH/Arab and Aries will be the first to grab everything out of your hand or truck if you're out fixing the fences...he's been known to unwind alot of fence wire and he holds a hammer pretty good too!

Melissa
Farmgirl Sister #360

Life isn't about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain!

Go to Top of Page

yasmine
True Blue Farmgirl

173 Posts

yasmine
wappingers falls ny
USA
173 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2009 :  12:42:59 PM  Show Profile
Adrianne,

Haha, yes Gypsy Vanners have BIG HUGE fetlocks and also BIG HUGE tails and manes! I got to ride one once! But I rode him in interest of buying him.... (this was before my horses I have now)
And when I rode him, I absoulutly loved him but I had ridden Cat "Cabbie" Cabriola (my peruvian paso) I had fell in love with her first. So my dad said well, I guess maybe I could get him depending on the price so we looked into finding out the price and he was $15,000 so we asked what would be the lowest price she would take for him and she said $12,000 so we decided not to get him for my dad, but little did we know that in 2 or 3 months we would find the best quietest Quarter Horse mare in the world....!

God Bless,
Justice

quote:
Originally posted by pnygrl

Justice- no she is not a Gypsy, I wish she was, but she kind of looks like one- just without all the big hair!

Go to Top of Page

yasmine
True Blue Farmgirl

173 Posts

yasmine
wappingers falls ny
USA
173 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2009 :  1:01:42 PM  Show Profile
Alee,

Your Straight Egyptian Arabian filly sounds beautiful!
Yes you are right, and can you post a picture of her? If it's too much trouble don't bother!

God Bless,
Justice

quote:
Originally posted by Alee

I have a 2 year old Straight Egyptian Arabian filly. I will be bringing her home with me after Farm Fair over 4th of July weekend. I am so excited! I bought a water bucket on Sunday for the trip home and you would have thought I was buying diamonds- I was so excited! Sometimes you just need something concrete like a water bucket to tell you that you really are buying a horse! :D

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com

Go to Top of Page

peachy
True Blue Farmgirl

593 Posts

Melissa
Fennville MI
USA
593 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2009 :  3:13:08 PM  Show Profile  Send peachy a Yahoo! Message
Justice and all of you other farmgirl horse lovers...I'm going to keep you all in mind when I start going through my mounds of magazines to barter, trade or whatever it is I'll do! I have piles of horse magazines!!! (just give me some time to clean:)

Alee, congrats on your new horse!!! Isn't it funny how buying a water bucket makes it all so real and exciting! Can't wait to see some pictures!

Melissa
Farmgirl Sister #360

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2009 :  7:20:21 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Hi Gals- I have a video/montage I put together of some VERY ROUGH photos I took of her. Please understand that she is in pasture condition and still growing so she will be much prettier when she grows into herself a bit more. Here is the youtube link and her baby photos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HitvWqCGHDI

http://www.rockinheart.com/rhrtala.htm

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2009 :  7:22:13 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
ps- That field that she is in? About 5 acres and only partially fenced. She is so friendly- even as a new born that she would stay right with you. :D

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

pnygrl
Farmgirl in Training

34 Posts

Adrianne
Chazy New York
USA
34 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2009 :  05:12:13 AM  Show Profile
Alee- how did you get the pictures on there?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic All things Horses, and Ponys Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page