Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 **Welcome Wagon
 Hello from Oregon!!!(new here)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Hello from Oregon!!!(new here) Next Topic
Page: of 2

Muttley
True Blue Farmgirl

67 Posts

Heather
A tiny town Oregon
USA
67 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2006 :  5:52:47 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Muttley's MSN Messenger address
Hey there my fellow farmgirls!! This is Heather or Muttley, from oregon!! Well i am 16 years old and my mom has been a farmgirl on this website for about 6 months, she is garden_artist....and i know she already has a bunch of friends on here and i hope to meet them and some more of my own too...i hope to meet some farmgirls around my age too...LOL!
Anyhoo-
Laters!
Heather

My mom is a Farm Girl too!!

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2006 :  9:26:19 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Heather!! I hope you two are are going to be at farm fair in July so some of us can meet you in person!! Meeting you here is fun too!! Tell us more about you!! How fun to have a "little sis" on here.

Jenny in Utah
It's astonishing how short a time it takes for very wonderful things to happen...Frances Burnette
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Muttley
True Blue Farmgirl

67 Posts

Heather
A tiny town Oregon
USA
67 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2006 :  09:34:03 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Muttley's MSN Messenger address
Thankyou Aunt Jenny, for your comment, you are my first one and i was sooo excited to see that i already have a friend! My mom showed me where to go to look at Mona's pics, and she is soooo cute! I really like her hairstyle and the markings on her face, she looks so sweet! My parents are thinking about getting pigs, but i dont really want to get them, they are too stinky! But i love horses and cows, and im sure that they do their fair share of stinking as well, but they are so sweet!I really liked the idea of a calf shower too!HAHAHA!
Anyway-
Thanks again for the post and i hope we keep writing eachother!
Heather

Go to Top of Page

Luzy
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Luanne
Pueblo Colorado
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2006 :  09:46:34 AM  Show Profile
Hi Heather! Welcome to the forum! So happy to have you join us! Tell us more about your interests: hobbies, animals, music. etc. Looking forward to getting to know you. I lived in a tiny town too in Oregon for about 5 years and loved it except for the CONSTANT rain!! Take care. luzy

--
May I always be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.

Edited by - Luzy on Feb 14 2006 5:51:44 PM
Go to Top of Page

Muttley
True Blue Farmgirl

67 Posts

Heather
A tiny town Oregon
USA
67 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2006 :  10:03:29 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Muttley's MSN Messenger address
Aunt Jenny and Luzy:
Well i enjoy reading, writing, painting, singing, playing with liitle kids, gardening, horseback riding and being a teenager! I am reading Eldest which is the 2nd book in the Inheritance trilogy and i am also reading the chronicles of narnia. I am a christian, and i love going to the beach and watching the sun set. It is so beautiful living by the ocean, i dont think i will ever move away! The air is so clean and salty. I am a part owner of a nursery here in oregon, my family owns it. We all enjoy working outside with the plants, and listening to the ocean and birds. I am so glad that i am making new friends on here!
Heather

Go to Top of Page

dkgold
Farmgirl in Training

23 Posts

diane
Ukiah ca
USA
23 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2006 :  4:50:19 PM  Show Profile
Hi Heather!
I'm a new farmgirl too and it's very nice to have you join up. My parents live in Hood River Or and it is beautiful. Your interests are some of my own too, especially reading & gardening. I work in an Elementary school with special needs kids and my daughter is a Pre school teacher in Texas. We live in San Diego, so the beach & ocean play a big part of our lives... wish I was close enough to walk the beach every day! Wow.. you own a nursery too! That's terrific. You are one interesting farmgirl. So glad to welcome you!
Diane

"I'd rather have roses on my table than diamonds on my neck." ...Emma Goldman
Go to Top of Page

asnedecor
True Blue Farmgirl

1054 Posts

Anne
Portland Or
USA
1054 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2006 :  09:16:57 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Heather -

Pigs aren't so bad. We had pigs when I was a kid in Woodburn. They only get dirty to cool off, otherwise they are pretty clean and very smart. We had one that was a "pal" to our great dane. Thought he was a dog.

Sounds like you have a lot of the sames interests as other farmgirls here on the site. You should fit in just fine and I believe there are a few girls close to your age that post on here as well.

Again, welcome aboard.

Anne in Portland, OR

"Second star to the right, straight on till morning" Peter Pan
Go to Top of Page

CountryGirl85
True Blue Farmgirl

225 Posts

Laura
Oswego IL
USA
225 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2006 :  8:27:25 PM  Show Profile  Send CountryGirl85 an AOL message  Send CountryGirl85 a Yahoo! Message
Hey Heather!
I'm a little older than you, but not too much! Just by four years! Welcome to the forum! Oregon sounds beautiful. I've never been there! That's so neat that your family owns a nursery! There's nothing better than working with plants and the soil and the fresh air and sunshine! How long have you been riding horses? I just started a few weeks ago and I really enjoy it! What kind of music do you like to sing? Are you in any choirs? I love to sing, too! It was nice to meet you!

Much love,
Laura
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2006 :  9:18:30 PM  Show Profile
Hi Heather! Glad you have joined your Mom on the forum. Since she is part of the Oregon chapter, hopefully we Oregan gals will get the chance to meet you both at our next meeting. I have enjoyed getting to know her by email. Sometime I hope to get to visit your famliy nursery, since I am not that far away.
I look forward to seeing you around the forum. Julia V.

"...the setting sun is like going into the very presence of God." Elizabeth Von Arnim
Go to Top of Page

lonestargal
True Blue Farmgirl

607 Posts

Kristi
Texas
607 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2006 :  06:27:17 AM  Show Profile
Hi Heather and welcome. You will meet lots of friend here for sure, the ladies here are wonderful. It's great to see someone young that has the farmgirl attitude!!!
Go to Top of Page

Muttley
True Blue Farmgirl

67 Posts

Heather
A tiny town Oregon
USA
67 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2006 :  12:25:03 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Muttley's MSN Messenger address
Wow! This is So cool metting all of you! I am so excited! I have been checking this bulletin every day, and every time it just gets better and better! I enjoy singing all kinds of music, i am really involved with my youth group, and I am the Lead Singer in our Worship Band. The Band consists of my 3 best friends and me. I have been riding horses since I was about 8 years old, but i dont really ride any more, we used to ride horses on our summer vacations that we took to Fort Bragg CA. I am not by any means A professional rider, i just ride for leisure, and because i have always enjoyed it. I used to have a beautiful Buckskin Gelding named Fletcher, he was beautiful, a quarter horse Buckskin. Oh I loved that horse, except his attitude, he was the most beautiful horse, but i was scared to death of riding him! He was 16 1/2 hands tall, and i was 13-14 years old, and that seemed like a LONG WAY DOWN!! Hahah!
I am so glad to meet all of you!
Heather "Muttley"
PS- Julia: I love your Tagline! And i completely agree with you!

I am a Farm Girl at Heart!I enjoy: Gardening, reading, writing, horseback riding, playing with little kids, and being a teenager!
Go to Top of Page

blueroses
True Blue Farmgirl

1323 Posts

Debbie
in the Pandhandle of Idaho
USA
1323 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2006 :  2:25:37 PM  Show Profile
Hi Heather,

Welcome. It's so nice to see a younger farmgirl join up. You sound really interesting.

Debbie

"You cannot find peace...by avoiding life."
Virginia Woolfe
Go to Top of Page

dairygirl87
Farmgirl in Training

22 Posts

Laura Ann
Clarence New York
USA
22 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2006 :  8:54:12 PM  Show Profile  Send dairygirl87 an AOL message
Hey Heather!! It's nice to see another young woman in this forum, now I don't feel like the little one anymore!! My name is Laura Ann and I'm 18. I definately don't know as much as these ladies here but I'll be here to help as much as I can. I work on a dairy farm and love to garden. I am also an artist, so I'm excited to hear that you paint and draw.

Best wishes!

~Laura Ann

"No race can prosper until it learns there is as much dignity in tilling a field as there is in writing a poem..."
Go to Top of Page

Muttley
True Blue Farmgirl

67 Posts

Heather
A tiny town Oregon
USA
67 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2006 :  3:56:17 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Muttley's MSN Messenger address
Hey there gals! We have been having some majorly cold weather here!! It has been freezing!! I dont even want to work outside it is so cold! Thanks to all who posted on my Topic, this is so exciting for me! We have had to cover up some of our plants every night for the past 2 weeks because it has been so cold, and my grandpa has been coming in at midnight to watch a propane heater for the plants. Almost my entire family is getting the cold too. I had it last week, and am finally getting over it...Well, I gotta go!
Heather

"What's in a name? That which we call a rose
By any other word would smell as sweet." -Shakespeare
Go to Top of Page

rosebud74a
True Blue Farmgirl

109 Posts

Stacy
Maryland NY
USA
109 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2006 :  4:13:54 PM  Show Profile  Send rosebud74a an AOL message
welcome to the forum Heather!! You sound likke a great kid....lol. Great to know that there are younger people with the farm girl attitudes. Pretty cool that you are part owner in your family business. We are freezing here in NY too..Can't wait for spring !! Your horse sounds beuatiful, I love buckskin horses! Stacy

Aim above morality. Be not simply good, be good for something
Henry David Thoreau

Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2006 :  9:18:40 PM  Show Profile
Hey Heather, Emily and I are looking forward to coming down on Wednesday and meeting you and your mom. Hopfully it won't be as cold! See you then!

"...the setting sun is like going into the very presence of God." Elizabeth Von Arnim
Go to Top of Page

FarrarFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

330 Posts

Lynda
Frohna Missouri
USA
330 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2006 :  9:33:53 PM  Show Profile
Hi, Heather,
Welcome to the forum. Sounds like you have a good example to follow in your mom. And I'm glad to see you connecting with others who are close to your age. Although, I must say, being 45, I'm anxious to learn from you about the plants you take care of at your nursery. It would seem like a wonderful job to have. You sound like a very busy young lady with a wide variety of interests, that's awesome. I've not ever been to OR, just know of others who have; it sounds wonderful - maybe some day....

Anyway, glad you made yourself known on the forum and truly appreciate your expression of faith. I am a Christian, too, and love to hear faith stories from others and be inspired by how God is working in your life. Blessings to you.

In His hands,
Lynda

Pray in faith and you will not live in doubt.
www.pamperedchef.biz/lorenzfamilycooks
Go to Top of Page

Muttley
True Blue Farmgirl

67 Posts

Heather
A tiny town Oregon
USA
67 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2006 :  5:19:30 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Muttley's MSN Messenger address
Well gals today I actually met one of our very own farmgirls! Julia!! And her daughter Emily. We had so much fun together, we sat out in the nursery and had a little picnic, I have been pen paling with Emily for about 4 days now, and it was really cool to be able to put the face to the letters. I had such a nice time!
Love: Heather

Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2006 :  9:25:08 PM  Show Profile
Hey Heather! You beat me to the punch! It was fun today for us too! You gals are great. Looking forward to breakfast for some of those farm fresh eggs and jam and then some home canned tuna for lunch tomorrow!!! Hope to see you again soon! Hugs, Julia

Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2349 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2349 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2006 :  7:52:31 PM  Show Profile
Hi Heather,
On another thread, I read about your mother and you getting to meet some fellow farmgirls, Julia and her daughter Emily....the pic. was great.
You're a lovely girl, inside and out. You probably love your life, appreciate your mom and can name the benefits of the way you're being raised. But, the best is yet to come. When you have a family of your own, one day, you will look back on these years and think of them often. You will also feel a deeper love for your mom and appreciate all that she did(does) for you.

You and Emily will also have a lifelong bond and friendship. How precious and sweet it is. I certainly look forward to hearing more of your life happenings and chattin' with ya'

Blessings
Catherine

One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt."
Go to Top of Page

Muttley
True Blue Farmgirl

67 Posts

Heather
A tiny town Oregon
USA
67 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2006 :  09:25:14 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Muttley's MSN Messenger address
Maren:
I loved your e mail! I totally agree with you when you say that ducks are so Happy! I loved my Grandma's ducks because they always used to laugh, and laugh, and laugh! I also LOVED watching them(there was 2, brother and sister)chase eachother in the little kiddie pool we had for them, under water, the were so fast!!!
Catherine: 1st off: I love your tagline! That is so cute!
I do love my family and appreciate all of their support and care. I think that the fact that i homeschool has made our relationship ghrow even more, because we spend almost every minute of every day together.
Emily and I are starting a great friendship and we just said the other day: Watch we're going to grow up and be the best of friends forever!
I think it is so cool that she is a christian and I know that God put the 2 of us together for a reason!

Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2349 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2349 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2006 :  11:20:40 AM  Show Profile
Hey again, Heather,

I agree with your statment about homeschooling. I homeschool my daughters and I love every single minute I have with them. We have so much fun together and have a nice balance of mother/daughter relationship and friendship. I am my happiest when we're all together, including my hubby, and they are, too. It's just evident in the feeling in the air....so peaceful, so warm, so comforting. There are times when I feel like there isn't enough time and I want the world to stop so I can inhale the moment.

What a Blessing for you to give God the Glory for your precious friendship with Emily. He truly is the Author of our lives. You and Emily will have what a lot of us mom's didn't have.....a godly friendship. First,the two of you have and eternal bond because of your relationships with Christ. Second, you and Emily can help each other grow in your Spiritual walk and hold each other accountable. That is truly special because,growing up, most of my friendships just dragged me down to the pit instead of encouraging me to go down the right road.

Ya' know what else!! The fun y'all will have will be pure delightful fun with no junk mixed in. My best friend, Lisa, and I are often mistaken for seeming to be drunk. In reality, we're just in the midst of pure friendship laughing it up and goofing off. We truly live in the moment when we're together.

There's a funny sign I saw once, kinda crass, but cute.....A good friend will come and bail you out of jail. But a best friend will be sitting there with you sayin' "Man, that was fun!"

Blessings
Catherine

One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt."
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2006 :  12:06:41 PM  Show Profile
Hey Heather!This really neat to see all the comments about you and Emily. I just had her read them. I told her she should get on and she said " I don't do anything, I'm not arty, crafty. I read." I too,truly believe that The Lord had His hand on the both of you in getting to know each other. You have been good for her. As she told you, we really don't have a youth group at church, no other girls her age. Even though we don't live close, it still isn't to far that we wont't be able to see you guys from time to time. Thank you for having such an open heart. Hugs, Julia

Go to Top of Page

Muttley
True Blue Farmgirl

67 Posts

Heather
A tiny town Oregon
USA
67 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2006 :  3:00:44 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Muttley's MSN Messenger address
Catherine: I love the saying: A good friend will come and bail you out of jail. But a best friend will be sitting there with you sayin' "Man, that was fun!" Hahah! I can totally agree with that one! I mean I am pretty sure I wont ever go to jail, but that really made me smile.
I know that when I have kids(6-8 years from now) I will definitely homeschool them, just because I see the relationship between me and my mom and the relationship between Emily and Julia. Emily and I have already talked a lot about our beliefs and we think so alike, its kinda creepy!:)Hahaha! But it is so cool to see how much we have in common. God really kniew what he was doing when He put us together, i think He knew that we both needed a friend, and he found us the best fit.

Julia:Hahahaha! I have talked to her about joining too... and she pretty much told me the same thing, she said" I dont have anything to post though!" And I was pretty confused about how much or how little to say at first too...I am so happy that we have developed the relationship that we have, it is so nice to have a Christian friend that doesnt think I m crazy!(yet)Hahaha! I hope that my mum and I can go to the FG meeting in May, and I have been praying for it(so has Em);) I know that if God wills it then we will go. I cant wait to see you both, whenever that may be, hopefull soon though!
Your Friend: Heather

Edited by - Muttley on Mar 02 2006 3:01:58 PM
Go to Top of Page

RosieRiveter
Farmgirl in Training

45 Posts

Rosie
White Creek NY
45 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2006 :  4:29:19 PM  Show Profile
Hi Heather,

I am brand new too, so I'm extending the friendly welcome I received!
Go to Top of Page

happymama58
True Blue Farmgirl

1210 Posts

Patti
Missouri
USA
1210 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2006 :  7:46:05 PM  Show Profile
Heather, I have a 16 yr old (well, 17 later this month) dd; I'll have to tell her you're a FarmGirl and maybe that will get her interested.

I love your username, but as a 9th grade English teacher, I really love your quote! My students took a quiz over Act III of "Romeo and Juliet" just today. So are you a Shakespeare fan or is it just that quote?

Oops, I almost forget -- welcome!

Some people search for happiness; others create it.

http://happymama58.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Hello from Oregon!!!(new here) Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page