Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 **Welcome Wagon
 From Michigan's Upper Peninsula
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic From Michigan's Upper Peninsula Next Topic  

homemakerkate
True Blue Farmgirl

143 Posts

Kate
Ewen Michigan
USA
143 Posts

Posted - May 07 2006 :  4:41:52 PM  Show Profile
Hello to all, Kate here in the U.P. (upper Peninsula) I live in a very small town, am married and have four wonderful children ages, 16, 13, 7 and 5. I love to sew, am working from home as a quilt resorer and repairer. I do make quilts and some garments. I have worked (in the past) out of my home as an industrial seamstress.
I love homemaking and everything that comes with it!
hugs from the woods
Kate

KarenP
True Blue Farmgirl

666 Posts

Karen
Chippewa Falls Wisconsin
USA
666 Posts

Posted - May 07 2006 :  6:12:34 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Kate!
Sounds like you should have lots of knowledge to share with us.
Enjoy the forum!
KarenP

"Purest Spring Water in the World"
Go to Top of Page

akcowgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

296 Posts

Valerie
Homer Alaska
USA
296 Posts

Posted - May 07 2006 :  6:37:20 PM  Show Profile  Send akcowgirl a Yahoo! Message
Welcome Kate
You have come to a great place with lots of great people. Everyone is very nice and helpfull. You can get and give great advise. Have you always lived in the UP?

Valerie
Yes, I live in my own little world. But that's ok they know me here.
Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bull before.

Go to Top of Page

NicoleG
True Blue Farmgirl

92 Posts

Illinois
92 Posts

Posted - May 07 2006 :  7:05:45 PM  Show Profile
Welcome, Kate! I love the UP. We used to go skiing in Ironwood every winter and Michigan Tech was one of the colleges I was seriously interested in (But it was pretty far from home). It's nice to have you on the site!
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - May 07 2006 :  10:19:41 PM  Show Profile
Katie!! Welcome to the group!! YOu sound wonderful. I love quilts! What a wonderful job you have...and what a great farmgirl attitude..I love that. It will sure be fun to get to know you here!! YOu are going to fit right in!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - May 08 2006 :  05:53:48 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Katie! Ah, a kindred spirit- I love old quilts and snap them up at yard sales, tattered or not. I can't bear the thought of someone's loving handwork being tossed away. I know you will love it here!

Karin
Go to Top of Page

Northerngal
Farmgirl in Training

33 Posts

Gale
Iowa
USA
33 Posts

Posted - May 12 2006 :  9:15:53 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Katie! Another Yooper. I'm a relocated Yooper, born and raised there and then had to leave for a job in Iowa. Went to college at Northern Michigan University in Marquette. Originally from Wakefield. What town do you live in?
Go to Top of Page

Alaska farm girl
True Blue Farmgirl

123 Posts

dorothy
skagway Alaska
USA
123 Posts

Posted - May 14 2006 :  09:09:17 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Kate,my friend has a son who LOVES his quilt.Well one morning she and I were talking about repairing quilts and her son spoke up and asked if I could fix his.She looked horrified and said it was hopeless.His face fell so I said to go get it and I'd take a look.Well it was and is pretty bad,but he just loves that blankey soo much. I would love to have it restored for him.Could I have her send you a picture of it to see if it's even worth the trouble? Right now it's in a bag next to his bed,I hope she hasn't thrown it out!!!
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - May 15 2006 :  1:56:13 PM  Show Profile
Hello, Kate! Wow - you're already a famgirl! I think you'll find some great kindred spirits around here... Enjoy!

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe
Go to Top of Page

homemakerkate
True Blue Farmgirl

143 Posts

Kate
Ewen Michigan
USA
143 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2006 :  4:13:44 PM  Show Profile
oh my new dear farmgirl friends! You must think I fell off the face of the earth! No, but the garden is now in! YEAH, as well as some more gardens put in for neighbors. I also just recieved an order for curtains for 7 windows, buisness is busy as a bee on the chive flowers!
Karen P: thank you for the warm welcome!
akcowgirl: Love your siggy!
Nicole G: I hope that you are able to come up to enjoy our vacation wonderland this summer, please stop by The Root Cellar Resturant, my husband is the chef there!
Aunt Jenny: very cute siggy, must get more cookies for me
Mumof3 aka Karin: Yes! to me quilts are represenative of art work and should be preserved!
Northerngal: Wakefield?! wow I live in Ewen! my oldest son took a girl from Wakefield to her prom this year! too cool. I met my husband at NMU 20 years ago, the rest as they say is history.
Alaska farmgirl: Dorothy, I would love to help your friend. pm me here and I can send you my information.
Libby: Thank you and to every one for the warm welcome.

and to the nice lady who emailed me personally from Maine, HUGS if your daughter lives on this end of the UP I would love to meet her! (not everyone realizes that it is a five hour drive or more from one end of the UP to the other) She can reach me through Brambleberries Quilt shop here in Ewen.
Go to Top of Page
  **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic From Michigan's Upper Peninsula Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page