Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Barter™
 Third round of Secret Sister Farmgirls!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic Third round of Secret Sister Farmgirls! Next Topic
Page: of 8

arabianhorselover
True Blue Farmgirl

422 Posts

Jennifer
Bedias TX
USA
422 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2009 :  8:51:26 PM  Show Profile
Thank you to my Secret Sister for the wonderful card and the lovely stickers you sent. What a nice surprise in my mailbox. Thanks again!

Breeder of Straight Egyptian Arabians and SportHorses
www.whisperwindsarabians.com
Farmgirl Sister #561
Never squat with your spurs on!!!
http://twitter.com/arabhorselover
Go to Top of Page

bevibrant
Farmgirl in Training

43 Posts

Kayla
Potlatch IDAHO
USA
43 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2009 :  12:43:24 PM  Show Profile
oh WoW! What a nice surprise to open my mail box to a package. Thank you so much to my secret sister for the book, magnets and notecard!!

Kayla Howard
Farmgirl Sister #588
www.bevibrant.us
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2009 :  10:01:27 AM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
Thank you secret sister for the package I got today! I must be an old lady cause I liked the Yankee Candle smellie you sent, lol, put it in the drawer of the secretary. Thank you for the seeds, I always love seeds. Do I spread them in the Spring, or just put them out now and they come up in the spring?????? Boy, I thought I was having a busy summer, how in the world do you do it??? I hope you take some time to enjoys some down time :)!

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Planting Zone 4

"Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly." The Dalai Lama
Go to Top of Page

harmonyfarm
True Blue Farmgirl

785 Posts

Debbie
Southeastern Ohio
USA
785 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2009 :  3:37:31 PM  Show Profile
Pouring down rain today and quit just long enough for me to scurry to the mailbox to find a package from my secret sister....Thanks so much for the book about linens! I have the matching apron book already! And the bookmark, I'm assuming that you made for me, is so cute....Made my dreary, damp day a whole lot brighter!

Debbie

"If you can't find the time to do it right...how will you find the time to do it over"
Go to Top of Page

farmallgrl
True Blue Farmgirl

483 Posts

Angela
Westminster MD
USA
483 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2009 :  7:48:54 PM  Show Profile
Well I guess my secret sister was a bust....but I am still enjoying making and sending things to mine:) However,the sweetest thing has happened, a fellow farmgirl sister with whom I was bartering with quite a bit, has sent me a couple of surprises in my barter packages because she knew about the secret sister bust! Wasn't that the sweetest? THANK YOU so MUCH cabinprincess (Melody June) You have brightened my day on several occasions!

Angela
Farmgirl Sister #337

Instead of telling God how big your problem is....tell your problem how big God is.
Go to Top of Page

Sue Feely
True Blue Farmgirl

1044 Posts

Sue
Buffalo New York
USA
1044 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2009 :  8:41:13 PM  Show Profile
Well my sweet, sweet sister has taken care of me once again! Yesterday I received a nice and wide "to do" list pad and a pattern for tote bags as she stated she remembers seeing that I love my tote bags! Thanks again wonderful sis!

Sue Feely
Sister #349
Go to Top of Page

peachy
True Blue Farmgirl

593 Posts

Melissa
Fennville MI
USA
593 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2009 :  11:47:24 AM  Show Profile  Send peachy a Yahoo! Message
Thank you soooo much secret sis! I received a wonderful package yesterday inbetween thunderstorms!!! Apron patterns, material and 2 beautiful dishclothes that she stitched up from me! What wonderful surprises on such a dreary day! I hope you're getting your dishclothes finished now and enjoying your summer!!!

Melissa
Farmgirl Sister #360

http://oldethymecountrybarn.blogspot.com/

Life isn't about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain!
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2009 :  3:24:31 PM  Show Profile
Yeehaw! I got SP mail today! A cute pop-up card and some pop corn! She's so sweet. Thank you, my great secret pal.

Now I don't know who to send the card to. I'll think of someone.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

vintagediva1
True Blue Farmgirl

1251 Posts

Michele
Brighton Michigan
USA
1251 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2009 :  7:13:02 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Secret Sister,
I received a terrific cherry pin cushion and a beautiful redwork tea towel.
The towel is hanging proudly front and center in my glamper and woe to anyone who even thinks of wiping their handes on it
Thanks, Sis, you're the best
Michele

www.2vintagedivas.etsy.com
www.stitchingby2sisters.etsy.com

Love that good ole vintage junk
Go to Top of Page

RaspberryBee
True Blue Farmgirl

291 Posts

Karen
Montrose Michigan
USA
291 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2009 :  08:36:50 AM  Show Profile
What a lovely surprise I had waiting for me at the post office yesterday! I had just picked two bushels of green/yellow beans at the CSA so I was a mess but decided if I bumped into anyone I knew at the PO it was meant to give them a smile. I got in and out in record time with a great little brown paper wrapped box with return address "secret sis". I had my golden in the truck and she was VERY interested in the package. When I got home I had a phone msg I had to return and it was not good news so the call took rather a long time all the while the pup protected the box! The box contained a lovely tin seed basket lined with not one but two handkerchiefs holding some great smelling snickerdoodle tea, yummy vanilla cream candle, the sweetest handmade card all wrapped in pink and white polka dot paper. Yes, I did this as slow as I could to savor each giftie and yes to give the pup some grief! What Aoibheann (pronounced "even") wanted was ZUCCHINI bread :-). She got so excited when I opened the plastic wrap I thought she was going to pass out. This is here 1st season with Z-bread and she loves it like I do. Did not know you were sending treats for a dog did you secret sis? She only got a bite and a few crumbs! Thank you so much for making my day, week and month. You were worth waiting for :-)
Karen

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion.
-Henry David Thoreau-
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2009 :  2:25:48 PM  Show Profile
Edited by poster

Edited by - Julia on Aug 13 2009 10:03:58 PM
Go to Top of Page

antoinette
True Blue Farmgirl

826 Posts

Toni
East Freedom PA
USA
826 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2009 :  07:22:36 AM  Show Profile
Hello to my secret sister. I received a goodie box in the mail!!
I loved everything!! She sent me a vintage tablecloth, a pillow panel,
backing for a quilt, which is going to come in handy since I have a
quilt top almost finished. And a lovely travel bag with some great
candles inside. THANK YOU!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Marcy
True Blue Farmgirl

2701 Posts

Marcy
Tiverton Rhode Island
USA
2701 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2009 :  3:11:27 PM  Show Profile
I received a lovely book today. What I would like to know is how my secret sister knows me so well!?! :-) Thank you so very much for the book. I cannot wait to get started on reading it.

Farmgirl #170

Since you get more joy out of giving joy to others, you should put a good deal of thought into the happiness that you are able to give...Eleanor Roosevelt

http://marcysworldofcreativity.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Sue Feely
True Blue Farmgirl

1044 Posts

Sue
Buffalo New York
USA
1044 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2009 :  6:53:29 PM  Show Profile
This is for me-note to self-

Sue if you do another round of secret sisters please contact glendagoldenbp as she wants in if we do it.
Go to Top of Page

JojoNH
True Blue Farmgirl

1984 Posts

Joanna
Dunbarton New Hampshire
USA
1984 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2009 :  04:31:22 AM  Show Profile
Hi Sue, "If"???? I hope we do!!!! This is so much fun!!!!!

Joanna #566
JojoNH

http://www.CountryCents.com
http://CountryCents.Blogspot.com
http://Twitter.com/Eastwooddesigns
Go to Top of Page

MBurns
True Blue Farmgirl

1838 Posts

Marlene
Swisher IA
USA
1838 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2009 :  09:17:08 AM  Show Profile
Thank you to my secret sister for the neat little book about the amish.

Happiness is having
farmgirl friends.
Go to Top of Page

Diane B Carter
True Blue Farmgirl

1270 Posts

Diane
Blasdell N.Y.
USA
1270 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2009 :  10:04:18 AM  Show Profile
My day started out bad but it turned around when the mail came in. I recieved a nice package from my SFS it had a cute notebook with the message(hope this brightens your day) wrote inside. It did!!! There was a nice package of seeds and body butter and a beautiful hand made dish/face wash cloth with a design of a cabin on it. I love it all, and it came at the most perfect time. Thank-you so very much.....Diane

Hope all your days are Sunnydays.
dianebcarterhotmailcom.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Merry
True Blue Farmgirl

765 Posts

Merry
Ankeny Iowa
USA
765 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2009 :  10:55:16 AM  Show Profile
I think I forgot to thank my secret sister for the nifty paper pad set! Thank you sis! You are an angel!

Merry
Farmgirl #536

http://afarminmyheart.blogspot.com/

"Nobody has ever measured, not even poets how much the heart can hold."
Zelda Fitzgerald
Go to Top of Page

vintagediva1
True Blue Farmgirl

1251 Posts

Michele
Brighton Michigan
USA
1251 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2009 :  12:56:26 PM  Show Profile
Hello and Thanks again to my secret sister,
Just received a quilting magazine from you. I have been canning all day so I guess it's time to sit down and read the mag
Michele

www.2vintagedivas.etsy.com
www.sissyandsisterstitch.etsy.com

Love that good ole vintage junk
Go to Top of Page

AngieB
Farmgirl in Training

19 Posts

Angie
Elizabethtown PA
USA
19 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2009 :  09:39:18 AM  Show Profile
Hi and an apology to my Secret Sister! I have gotten all of your wonderful gifts, but I couldn't remember or find where to post about them! The dishcloths are my favorite to use and my 2 y.o. godson actually uses the decorative watering can to help me water flowers. LOL! I haven't tried the Zote soap yet, but it will be what I use when I mix up my nextg batch of laundry soap! Thank you SO MUCH for everything!
Go to Top of Page

JojoNH
True Blue Farmgirl

1984 Posts

Joanna
Dunbarton New Hampshire
USA
1984 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2009 :  12:30:46 PM  Show Profile
Secret Sister you are simply the best!!!
Like you, we are experiencing the first super heat wave of the summer. Just two weeks ago we were 43 at night and barely 65 during the day. The long walk to the mail box is tough, simply baking hot but I headed down to gather the mail despite the heat. . .peeking inside the mailbox, I see a package. . . I pulled it out and it was from you!!!

I hurried back to the house and sat in the cool of my sitting area as I opened it up... there inside was a gift, carefully wrapped and a card. You really are the best! I love the dryer bags and the small primitive mat. . looks great in my sitting area with the beehive candle holder on it and believe it or not, I was in need of some twill tape to finish a project, which you used to tie everything up so pretty with!

Thank you so very much for thinking of me You sure know how to brighten up someone's day! Hope your sunflowers survive for you and that your summer lasts just a little longer than usual for you to enjoy.
As for me. . . bring on the fall . . . yup, I am a cold weather gal through and through. . . the first of our trees have already started turning color and I am getting so excited! I dream of frosty cold nights with the warm fall days. . you know the ones, bright blue skies, the wonderful aroma that is fall, picking apples, hiking ahhh, won't be long now

Thank you again my Secret Sister. . . Thank you, Thank you, You are the very best!!

Joanna #566
JojoNH

http://www.CountryCents.com
http://CountryCents.Blogspot.com
http://Twitter.com/Eastwooddesigns
Go to Top of Page

AngieB
Farmgirl in Training

19 Posts

Angie
Elizabethtown PA
USA
19 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2009 :  10:12:08 AM  Show Profile
Yesterday I finished cleaning my house, went and sat on the front porch, and happened to look over at my mailbox. There was a box on it I thought was homeschool books I ordered. But it was better than that! It was another nice gift from my Super Secret Sister! Thank you so much for the bath salts and Huckleberry jam. It looks so good! I was trying to get my grandaughter to sleep so I could take a bath, but no luck. I'm going to shoot for today. Thanks so much!
Go to Top of Page

Diane B Carter
True Blue Farmgirl

1270 Posts

Diane
Blasdell N.Y.
USA
1270 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2009 :  12:44:07 PM  Show Profile
I got another package from my SS and it arrived in perfect shape. A teacup and saucer and a tea cook-book. I haven't figured out how to put pictures on this site (or those cute little smiley faces) But I did figure out how to put them on my blog, Please take a peek. It really is beautiful. Thank-You SS

Hope all your days are Sunnydays.
dianebcarterhotmailcom.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Merry
True Blue Farmgirl

765 Posts

Merry
Ankeny Iowa
USA
765 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2009 :  2:33:56 PM  Show Profile
Dear secret sister,

Thank you for the card, it was what I needed, you made my day!

Merry
Farmgirl #536

http://afarminmyheart.blogspot.com/

"Nobody has ever measured, not even poets how much the heart can hold."
Zelda Fitzgerald
Go to Top of Page

bevibrant
Farmgirl in Training

43 Posts

Kayla
Potlatch IDAHO
USA
43 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2009 :  3:01:32 PM  Show Profile
Thank you SS for the beautiful postcard! It's lovely to hear from you.

Kayla Howard
Farmgirl Sister #588
www.bevibrant.us
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 8 *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic Third round of Secret Sister Farmgirls! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page