Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Here's to Your Health
 Breast cancer awareness Month
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Breast cancer awareness Month Next Topic
Page: of 2

bramble
True Blue Farmgirl

2044 Posts

2044 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2004 :  09:09:16 AM  Show Profile
It's almost that time again girls ( and guys!) Just a reminder and if you want to help click on the website it's fast and doesn't cost a thing to help someone in need get the tests that might save their life. Thanks!

It's that time to make appointments to ensure that our bodies stay well. I can attest that a six month follow up this summer found a
substantial change and resulted in a lumpectomy. Benign...hallelluah!
Had I waited six more months...possibly a different outcome (due to family history). We must treasure ourselves !
We can also help provide free mammograms to women in need just by clicking on www.thebreastcancersite.com/. It's totally free and you can help someone (no strings attached). Don't delay...your health is a terrible thing to waste! Bramble

2005 Update:...Six month/ year check-ups were both clear...Whew!
with a happy heart

Edited by - bramble on Sep 25 2005 6:02:20 PM

cecelia
True Blue Farmgirl

497 Posts

cecelia
new york
USA
497 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2004 :  8:28:28 PM  Show Profile
I already have an appointment for next week! Luckily my annual physical comes at this time of year, so I never miss. Have never had any problems, though lots of friends/relatives have had some problems. Bramble is right - take care of yourselves.

Cecelia

ce's farm

"Curiosity is one of the forms of feminine bravery" Victor Hugo
Go to Top of Page

Kim
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2004 :  3:32:35 PM  Show Profile
Bamble,
I have had 5 lumps removed through 3 surgeries, starting in my twenties in college. All have been benign (called fibroidadnoma's), but my mother is a 12 year survivor of breast cancer and her mother had breast cancer as well. I have had regular mammograms since I was 30.

I have an e-mail reminder sent to me every day to 'click' and support free mamograms. I love the site!

farmgirl@heart

Be at peace with yourself and the rest will follow
Go to Top of Page

Eileen
True Blue Farmgirl

1199 Posts

Eileen

USA
1199 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2004 :  5:45:52 PM  Show Profile
Was just informed today that the wife of our Bee supply guru in Silverdale Al Steadman underwent a total mastectomy a day ago. Please uplift her this week.
Eileen

songbird
Go to Top of Page

bramble
True Blue Farmgirl

2044 Posts

2044 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2004 :  06:46:58 AM  Show Profile
Kim -- You and your Mom are both blessed and fortunate to have each other. My Mom was diagnosed at 34 and lost her fight at 47 but made the most of all the time she had. Due to her early and unprecedented diagnosis they have kept a close eye on me since my early 20's too.
Be strong and be well! Our Race for the Cure is coming up next weekend, is that a national event or just east coast?

Eileen--I will hope and pray for your friend. May she have a rapid and complete healing and not lose her spirit while in recovery. Bramble

with a happy heart
Go to Top of Page

Kim
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2004 :  2:56:08 PM  Show Profile
Race for the Cure is a National Event. Our company participates in an all night walk every year. The last 2 years my mother has come to walk with me and last year my steodad joined us too. I'm thinking about doing the Avon 3 Day walk next year.

farmgirl@heart

Go to Top of Page

bramble
True Blue Farmgirl

2044 Posts

2044 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2004 :  07:25:46 AM  Show Profile
We always do the Race for the Cure (walking...) but you must be in great shape to consider 3 days! Brave girl...race on! It makes you remember how grateful and lucky we are just to be here especially when you meet everyone and hear all the stories. I'll be walking for
all of us! Bramble

with a happy heart
Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2004 :  3:57:05 PM  Show Profile
PRAYER REQUEST: For my son-in-law's mother, Cathy, who was just diagnosed with a very agressive form of breast cancer.
Thank you.

****Gardener, Stitcher, Spiritual Explorer and Appreciator of all Things Natural****

"Begin to weave and God will give the thread." - German Proverb
Go to Top of Page

Eileen
True Blue Farmgirl

1199 Posts

Eileen

USA
1199 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2004 :  4:12:19 PM  Show Profile
Praying for Cathy here!
Eileen

songbird
Go to Top of Page

bramble
True Blue Farmgirl

2044 Posts

2044 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2004 :  07:20:25 AM  Show Profile
Praying for Cathy here too.
Wouldn't it be amazing if we can finally put an end to this disease that robs us of so many wonderful people. Be well and be strong.
Bramble

with a happy heart
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2004 :  07:25:12 AM  Show Profile
I'll lift Cathy up in my prayers as well as all other precious women suffering from breast cancer.

Time Flies
Go to Top of Page

Kim
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2004 :  3:36:19 PM  Show Profile
Keeping Cathy in my heart and prayers.

farmgirl@heart

Go to Top of Page

Kim
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2004 :  3:38:15 PM  Show Profile
Bramble,
Not in very good shape, but if I focus on a goal like the three day race, maybe I can get in shape in time for the walk next summer. This past summer it was the same weekend as the all night walk we do.

farmgirl@heart

Go to Top of Page

bramble
True Blue Farmgirl

2044 Posts

2044 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2004 :  09:59:05 AM  Show Profile
Sunday is our day although there is an all night walk this year that is new. I'm not in great shape either but am working on it daily. We
do the best we can and if we don't...try again! Never give up and never give in! We can beat this !
Praying for all who are dealing with this in their own ways! Bramble

with a happy heart
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2005 :  1:45:48 PM  Show Profile
Clare, Cathy will be in my prayers. I have had to deal with breast lumps, benign, but understand the fear of waiting and wondering.
I always have my mammo the month of my birthday. A good present for my health.

"...the setting sun is like going into the very presence of God." Elizabeth Von Arnim
Go to Top of Page

connio
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

connie
springtown texas
USA
535 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2005 :  12:18:04 PM  Show Profile

Hey Farm Girls!!!

Prayers needed for my friend Elva who has been diagnosed with breast cancer once again. She has survived breast cancer twice and lung cancer once so this is, of course, devestating news. She is trying to be brave as always, but this is a very difficult time for her.

Connie

cozycottage
Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2005 :  12:31:58 PM  Show Profile
I am pleased to report that after a harrowing year, Cathy is still hanging in there. She can no longer work, but her very strong treatments seem to be helping.

Connie, Elva will be lifted up in light and love. Please let her know.

May the sun bring you new energy by day, may the moon softly restore you by night, may the rain wash away your worries, may the breeze blow new strength into your being, may you walk gently through the world and know its beauty all the days of your life. ~~Apache Blessing
Go to Top of Page

Kim
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2005 :  7:38:20 PM  Show Profile
So good to hear Clare!

farmgirl@heart

Go to Top of Page

Shirley
True Blue Farmgirl

734 Posts

Shirley
Olympia Wa
USA
734 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2005 :  12:45:29 AM  Show Profile
after having a mamamgraph (SP) and ultrasound 3 months ago, MOnday I have to go in for a follow up
Please wish me luck, im a little nervous
shirley in oly
Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2005 :  06:56:40 AM  Show Profile
Lifting you up in light and love, Shirley.

May the sun bring you new energy by day, may the moon softly restore you by night, may the rain wash away your worries, may the breeze blow new strength into your being, may you walk gently through the world and know its beauty all the days of your life. ~~Apache Blessing

Edited by - Clare on Sep 30 2005 06:57:04 AM
Go to Top of Page

bramble
True Blue Farmgirl

2044 Posts

2044 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2005 :  08:41:10 AM  Show Profile
Here's hoping that Cathy and Elva will both recieve the treatments they need to become healthy and strong. Here's hoping that friends and family will surround them with love and support through these difficult days. They will both be in my prayers.

with a happy heart
Go to Top of Page

lamarguerite farm
True Blue Farmgirl

649 Posts

missy
Battle Ground Wa
USA
649 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2005 :  09:00:17 AM  Show Profile
I'm lifting Cathy and Elva up in prayer as well. My Grandmother had a complete mastectomy in her 50's and her sister had a partial at that age as well. Her sister is now 90 and the cancer has reared it's ugly head again and has spread to her bones, lungs and liver. She is currently getting a type of hormone injection that has shrunk the cancer on her liver and so far kept the other from getting worse. Her name is Evie. My Grandmother hasn't had a recurrance at this point and I pray that she does'nt.

I turned 35 this year so I guess it's probably time to start having mammograms myself. Are they still recommending it a age 35??

Blessings,

Missy

If you have a dream, even if you don't feel qualified to accomplish it, just try your hardest.-Maggie Jensen
Go to Top of Page

bramble
True Blue Farmgirl

2044 Posts

2044 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2005 :  3:27:16 PM  Show Profile
Each doctor and unfortunately insurance company seems to have their own guidelines but my Mom was first diagnosed at 34 and from early 20's to now (45) they have monitored me annually. Since you do have family history, it wouldn't be a bad idea to have your baseline mammogram done now so that you have an early record that they can check against. That is what helped them determine that something was wrong for me. Good luck and just remember :the disease is FAR WORSE than the test!

with a happy heart
Go to Top of Page

JudyBlueEyes
True Blue Farmgirl

657 Posts

Judith
Spokane Washington
USA
657 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2006 :  9:17:55 PM  Show Profile
Hi, FarmGirls! This was the closest topic to my present need, so I thought I'd post here. Hope this is okay. Well, I'd like to place a little request - for some good thoughts, prayers, vibes, whatever you want to send. About 3 weeks ago, I went in for a mammogram, at my request. Why? Well, I am at "the age" where I should have one every month, what with my mother having had a mastectomy. So, I missed last year, due to being new on the job and really, not wanting to be bothered with looking up a new doctor with my insurance, and such. So early this year, I went in for a checkup and the doc said we could wait until next year for my mammo. All was well, if a little concerning, but I went along with it, until June approached, and I realized I was the same age my mother was when she was going to blow off her mammogram, except dad made her go, and sure enough, they found the dreaded lump and she had a mastectomy, toute de suite!
So I called and scheduled one, and today, they called me and said they compared with my last films and saw a little "density" and wanted me to come back for another go and an ultrasound. Tuesday 27 June I'll go in. So, of course, my mind is reeling, but it could just be scar tissue from the fibroadenoma I had removed 30 years ago, but who knows. Your good thoughts are appreciated. And I'll let you know. Thanks! Judy

The Rooster crows, but the Hen lays the egg. ~ Texas Proverb
Go to Top of Page

lamarguerite farm
True Blue Farmgirl

649 Posts

missy
Battle Ground Wa
USA
649 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2006 :  9:35:50 PM  Show Profile
I'll be praying for you. I know the unknow can be scary and I'll be sending prayers for peacufullness and healing.

Love and Blessings,

missy

If you have a dream, even if you don't feel qualified to accomplish it, just try your hardest.-Maggie Jensen
http://18happyhens.blogspot.com
http://LamargueriteFarm.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

FarrarFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

330 Posts

Lynda
Frohna Missouri
USA
330 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2006 :  05:57:10 AM  Show Profile
You'll definitely be in my prayers, too, Judy.

Blessings to you for a good outcome and good health.

In His hands,
Lynda L.

Pray in faith and you will not live in doubt.
www.pamperedchef.biz/lorenzfamilycooks
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Breast cancer awareness Month Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page