Author Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic hair conditioner bar? Next Topic  

sugarsfarm
True Blue Farmgirl

272 Posts

Leah
Woodward Iowa
USA
272 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2006 :  3:46:00 PM  Show Profile  Send sugarsfarm an AOL message
i dont even know if this is possible, but i travel a bit and i like to back as light as possible, and i really dont like to take liquids with me, cause for some reason they always spill!! I basically only use conditioner on my hair, is there such a thing as a bar of conditioner? or maybe something along those lines? i was just wondering, thanks!!

You must be the change you want to see in the world.
Mahatma Gandhi

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2006 :  09:32:53 AM  Show Profile
Leah, I've never heard of one, but it sure would be handy!!! I think I remember someone saying that they have used a solid lotion bar on their hair a bit and it worked well, but I've not heard of a specific "conditioner" bar.

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe
Go to Top of Page

CityCat
True Blue Farmgirl

198 Posts

Catherine
Toronto Ontario
Canada
198 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2006 :  6:19:40 PM  Show Profile
Hey, have you heard of a company called, Lush? They make all kinds of soaps and things, and I just checked their website and low and behold! they have a hair conditioning bar. Check it out, and if you get it, tell us if it works!
http://usa.lush.com/ (look under haircare)
-Cat
Go to Top of Page

katiedid
True Blue Farmgirl

601 Posts

Kate
West Jordan Utah
USA
601 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2006 :  08:46:34 AM  Show Profile
I was wondering if anyone had made a natural-type hair conditioner? I have really long hair, and I am really sensitive to cleaners etc...I washed my hair with Dr. Bronners, and it was so so so clean I guess, but really hard to comb out. I really need a conditioner.
Any ideas?
Kate
Go to Top of Page

lawsec03
True Blue Farmgirl

112 Posts

Melissa
Richmond KY
USA
112 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2006 :  9:34:05 PM  Show Profile
Kate, my hair is fairly long, and very fine. It tangles like crazy. I usually just make up a vinegar rinse. The vinegar almost totally stops my hair from tangling. It is great! I like to boil a little water, add in some dried flowers, like calendula, let it sit for about 20 or 30 minutes, strain, and then add a little apple cider vinegar. I ppur it over my hair and leave it sit, like I would regular conditioner, and rinse it out right before I get out of the shower. Most of the time, the comb glides right through my hair, almost totally tangle-free!
Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic hair conditioner bar? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page