Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Just not putting up with it anymore..
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Just not putting up with it anymore.. Next Topic
Page: of 3

goneriding
True Blue Farmgirl

1599 Posts

Winona
Central Oregon
USA
1599 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2009 :  10:19:10 PM  Show Profile
Heather, well, shucky durn!! I have two daughters in TX, one in San Antonio no less! I was in the area last Xmas too!

Well, take care of yourself. I've had mono too when I was 19 and it's somehow kin to chronic fatigue, I can't think how but I read it not too long ago.

Been the wife who stayed home to hold down the fort also. Like you, no help either BUT we are cowgirls and we rise above it! It can be done! One day and time and break down to an hour or minute if you have to.

The best advice I've ever heard from anyone came from Tori Spelling (the actress), she said she always kept her eye on the prize. So keep your eyes on the degree and one foot in front of the other.

Winona ;-)

To read funny stories about my cooking 'skills', please visit http://lostadventuresincooking.blogspot.com/

For uber-opinionated, pleasurable horse related reading, please visit http://horseinfoperson.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

kissmekate
True Blue Farmgirl

890 Posts

Kate
Delano Minnesota
890 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2009 :  10:52:10 PM  Show Profile
Oh honey, I wish I lived closer, I'd come take good care of you and Charlie.
Just know we farmgirls love you!!!!

Don't miss out on a blessing, just because it isn't packaged the way you expected. ~MaryJo Copeland
Go to Top of Page

Annab
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Anna
Seagrove NC
USA
2900 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2009 :  03:41:47 AM  Show Profile
OH MY GOODNESS!

The nerve of some people!

I'm so sorry.

And while i'm not much for taking care of small children, I'd for sure would have put together a little enteetainment basket for your little one, and FOR SURE made you a few ready to go meals to make it easier on you.

Geesh you poor thing

Do you have any other friends who could help out? I feel terrible!

I hope you feel better soon

Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2009 :  06:00:12 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Morning everyone and thank you so much. NO, I don't have anyone else. We have moved so much that it has been hard to establish ourselves here and I work on school 4-5 hours a day along with everything else. I tried church and it was not my thing right now. I will get through. Hubby and I just talked and talked and he is going to do everything he needs to do to get us back together. We have an updated plan and I am happy about that. Just got to graduate and then I can really kick back.

Charlie and I watched cartoon and ABC Family yesterday. They had a lot of Cinderella stories on. Charlie thinks its neat that Mama is letting him eat on the floor, picnic style. He eat anything. I keep giving him popsicles, fruit, crackers and juice. It is all healthy.

I've got my eye on the prize and I am working on my vision board now that I am down... it has been fun. I really can tell when I just need to sit down and rest. Cutting out pics is fun.

(((HUGS))) to all.

Heather

Yee-Haw, I am a cowgirl!!!
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2009 :  06:28:01 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Glad you are doing a bit better, Heather! *Hugs* If you aren't signed up for NetFlix maybe you could for a short time so you could get movies delivered to your door so while you are recuperating you could have Charlie Friendly movies to watch?

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2009 :  06:32:20 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
We have the Redbox thingy here and I have 4 free rentals. We also like the FOOD network. He knows who Ina, Giada, Rachel and Bobby are. : )

Heather

Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2009 :  06:36:37 AM  Show Profile
I wish I didn't live on the other side of the states from you. Get better! *hugs*

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

Edited by - Annika on Apr 19 2009 06:37:15 AM
Go to Top of Page

NudeFoodFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Heide
Benton City WA
433 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2009 :  07:47:23 AM  Show Profile
Good mornin Heather,
glad to hear your honey is trying everything he can. My husband and I had to live 300 miles apart for over a year and I was left on the farm with too small babies. It sucked even when I wasn't sick.
Curiously enough I have this awesome metaphysical book that talks about how we believe wears down our immune system, letting the illness in. I thought I would look up mono.
Mono
(the negative) Anger at not receiving love and appreciation. No longer caring for the self.
(positive) I love and appreciate and take care of myself. I am enough.
Book is called "heal your body" by louis hay.
Wild huh? Try to repeat the positive as much as possible to yourself. It does help. . .
So I think you are on the road to recovery! Like all these wise ladies say, baby steps. You have been so focused on the prize, you have been working your butt off. You need to be nice to yourself in the little details, and give yourself breaks and rewards, especially since you found out school was going to take a little longer (now I understand how fustrated you were, I didn't know you were planning to meet up with your DH).
Which I think Charlie is helping you keep it real, even if it is through pretending.
Whatta great kid! So easily pleased, must take after his momma.
We have netflix and for $5 bucks you can watch a ton of (kids and family) movies online on your laptop and not even bother with the mail. If you do want to get stuff in the mail I think it is $5 bucks more. I highly recommend it.
Ok I gotta go, It is going to be 80F here today and I gotta get all my greens outta the hothouse before they scortch.
Hope you are resting and chillin and don't forget to eat the popsicles too.
xxxoooxxx
h

Nude Food Farm
~Grown so good,
Dressing is Optional.
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2009 :  08:00:16 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Heide- well that is dead on to how I am feeling right now. I am building my vision board and filling it with a lot of afirmations and positive items. I will add that one to it. Thanks!! (((HUGS)))

Heather

Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2009 :  08:59:06 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Here is what REALLY irks me about this even more...sorry...must rant... I live in a fourplex apartment, a nice little square of apartments. My neighbor, the one I share my bedroom wall with swims with this supposed friend 3x a week and my friend comes a picks her up at least 1x a week, so it's not like it is out of her way. This is the same gal when I got the flu really bad last year and hadn't slept for 3 days because Charlie was sick too couldn't help me out because she didn't want to get sick. I only needed her for 4 hours so I could get some sleep. Actions speak louder than words. Thank you...I may now return to healing... : )

Heather

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2009 :  09:20:23 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Heather- that gal doesn't even deserve to be considered a 'friend'. I think you should chuck your association with her into the sea like so much driftwood (metaphorically speaking of course). I know that doesn't help when you need support- but maybe it will help relieve some of the frustration surrounding this person?

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2009 :  09:21:44 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Oh it's over...I really am good about moving on after having to deal with my family. It is just frustrating. Scott and I are focusing on our plans and that is perking me up.

Heather

Go to Top of Page

Michigan Girl in TX
True Blue Farmgirl

85 Posts

Kristi
Cottonwood Shores TX
USA
85 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2009 :  09:45:33 AM  Show Profile
Heather~ It is SO hard to be sick and be a mommy too! Don't worry about the house, or anything else.... just getting yourself better and enjoying your little man! I agree.... those people are not "friends". I am all about trying to surround myself with positive people in my life now (too many years of the opposite!) and selfish people are not a positive influence.... they just bring you down! If you need any help next week (Thurs-Sun) picking up groceries, cleaning or anything LET ME KNOW! I am only about an hour or so away and my kids are always up for a little road trip! Seriously! I have been in that situation before, with no one to help out, and I would be more than happy to give you a hand!

Sending many thoughts & hugs your way, and hoping your feel tons better each day! :)

Kristi
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2009 :  09:52:42 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Kristi- you are so sweet!! I would love to have you just come visit. I don't have much but I like to laugh!! : ) I have really really really slowed down over the past 3 days. I do a little and rest, do some and nap...it is working. I am going to get a bunch of fruit tomorrow and the Chlorophll Alee recommended. I live right down the road from a healthfood store. (((HUGS)))

Heather

Go to Top of Page

babysmama
True Blue Farmgirl

931 Posts

Elizabeth
Iowa
931 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2009 :  11:45:39 AM  Show Profile
I am so sorry to hear you have mono! I, too, had it two years ago when I had a three year old and 19 month old who was still nursing. It was rough and made even rougher because when I went to the doctor they first said strep throat and sent me home with antibiotics, which is a big no-no when you have mono. I broke out in what is called a mono rash (due to the antibiotics) and my whole body was covered in a red rash from head to foot. It itched like crazy and stayed there for over a month. Ugh!
I am surrounded by family but when I had mono I had zero help except for hubby in the evenings and on weekends. No one dropped a meal off (except for one aunt who found out several weeks later and dropped something off), no one offered to watch the kids. I couldn't eat much because my throat hurt and my glands were so swollen. I was so tired and didn't even grocery shop. It was a rough several weeks. I can't even imagine doing it alone, at least I had my hubby a few hours a day. If I was close by I would be dropping off meals and taking Charlie for an afternoon or two.
I can totally understand your frustration about your friend. Is she dense and just needs someone to come out and ask for help? I feel resentment over none of my family helping out but now wish I had just asked my mom to take the kids for a day or drop a meal off. I guess my thought was why should I have to ask, they should just know.
I hope you start to feel better soon.
-Elizabeth
Go to Top of Page

Diane B Carter
True Blue Farmgirl

1270 Posts

Diane
Blasdell N.Y.
USA
1270 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2009 :  11:58:05 AM  Show Profile
I never had that Thank-the Lord. Did you come right out and ask your so called friend if she would take Charlie for an afternoon or and night and tell her you really need a break. Some people don't get it and need to be told how to be a good friend. I'll pray for you to feel better, and for your family to be safe and together soon.

Hope all your days are Sunnydays.
dianebcarterhotmailcom.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2009 :  1:22:53 PM  Show Profile
Heather I am so glad to know that things are looking up a bit. I have had you on my heart and in my prayers. If there is anything I can do....easy to say long distance huh?...I will keep sending you positive energy. Hope you feel better soon.

Sheri
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2009 :  3:41:58 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Yes, I told her mostly I would need her if I had to go to the ER because I was too sick. She is just another person who says one thing to look good in front of other but takes no action. It's ok..what goes around comes around. If anything, my eating has been impeccable. We just finished some fish, brown rice and roasted asparagus. YUMMY!!! Small little healthy meals seem to be helping. That and lots of water substituted with V-8 Splash. I also am taking a B vitamin with C in in. Thank goodness for afternoon naps. 3 hours was marvelous!! : )

Heather

Go to Top of Page

Diane B Carter
True Blue Farmgirl

1270 Posts

Diane
Blasdell N.Y.
USA
1270 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2009 :  6:01:16 PM  Show Profile
Thank God you have the prayers of all the MJF girls, the strength of a woman, and the widsom to know you will get through this. You Go Cowgirl!!!!

Hope all your days are Sunnydays.
dianebcarterhotmailcom.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

babysmama
True Blue Farmgirl

931 Posts

Elizabeth
Iowa
931 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2009 :  07:21:28 AM  Show Profile
Heather-
I forgot to mention that you may want to be taking garlic pills. The garlic will help boost your immune system during this time. It seemed to help me once I started taking it during my bout with mono. SOunds like you are eating well and getting good nutrition, that is great! I just wish you had some help!
-Elizabeth
Go to Top of Page

kpaints
True Blue Farmgirl

1564 Posts

karen
cheney wa
1564 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2009 :  08:38:25 AM  Show Profile  Send kpaints an AOL message
Heather, isn't it wonderful to have all these farmgals fussing over you! I too wish I could be there for you. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Keep putting love on yourself and little Charlie..hugs and kisses to you. If you have time send me your addy.

Find your joy and live it. http://cheneybaglady.blogspot.com/http://www.kpaints.etsy.com http://www.thevintagebaglady.etsy.com FG #377
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2009 :  09:24:37 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
YES!! I am so feeling the love!!! (((HUGS))) TO all!! I am very blessed and that gets me through the tough times.

Heather

Go to Top of Page

paradiseplantation
True Blue Farmgirl

1277 Posts

julie
social springs community Louisiana
USA
1277 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2009 :  05:43:21 AM  Show Profile
Heather - I'm sorry you're so sick. Girl, I'm only about 7 hours away -- can I do anything? I'm praying hard for you, but if you need me to make a run to Texas, just holler!

from the hearts of paradise...
Go to Top of Page

Michigan Girl in TX
True Blue Farmgirl

85 Posts

Kristi
Cottonwood Shores TX
USA
85 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2009 :  6:26:58 PM  Show Profile
Are you feeling any better? Don't hesitate to let me know if you need any help! Email me direct.... I always check my email but can't always get on the forum! If not, let's get together sometime when you feeling better!

~Kristi
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2009 :  7:01:33 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
I am doing ok. Been eating REALLY healthy and just mostly sitting on my behind watching a lot of trashy tv!! : )

Working on schoolwork and just trying to take short, slow walks and enjoy the pretty flowers blossoming!! Getting there, slowly but surely!!! (((HUGS))) To all!!!

Heather

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Just not putting up with it anymore.. Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page