Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Just not putting up with it anymore..
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Just not putting up with it anymore.. Next Topic
Page: of 3

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2009 :  07:51:00 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Ok..so I found out yesterday that the reason I have been SOOOO sick and tired is I have Mono. I am really worried because I am all by myself with Charlie and I just don't have the energy to deal with everthing. Charlie is being a good boy and I do most of my college work in my bed, laying down. I haven't eaten a lot of food, mostly liquids and some fruit. The occasinal Laughing Cow cheese tastes good. Even running to get groceries required a 3 hour nap after I was done and I don't nap much. Anywho, I have what I thought was a friend, who has been calling me and coming over when I am not here to basically get the gossip. Haven't heard from her in 3 months and honestly, life has been so busy, I haven't had the time. I emailed her that life was crazy and I was really sick. Now, you must understand, this is the woman that told Scott when he left on deployment she would bend over backwards to help me out and never did. So I kinda avoid her. She emailed me back and told me "Well good luck with that..." and then babbled on about how wonderful her life is and blah blah blah. UMMM>>> I NEVER ask for help but if someone is basically a single parent and sick with MONO wouldn't you at least offer to help? Ask if they need something? I am not a pity party person but I am SO sick right now and I don't know how I am going to do this. I just was so angry and I don't have room in my life for people like this. I am moving on but it just irks me. I got enough of the pretend it doesn't exist and do not participate from my family to last me a life time.

Heather

Yee-Haw, I am a cowgirl!!!

Edited by - catscharm74 on Apr 18 2009 07:54:51 AM

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2009 :  08:16:43 AM  Show Profile
Heather if I lived closer I would give you a hand. It's so disheartening to find out someones true colors when you need their support and they aren't there. A lot of folks talk real easy but when it comes time to walk the walk.....I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers and will try to send you some positive, healing energy. I have plenty to share. I had Mono years ago when I was in high school - I know it takes TIRED to a whole new level. As my friends and I say to each other "knockers up ol' girl" it's gonna be okay. You are not alone even tho it may seem that way.

Sheri
Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2009 :  08:36:45 AM  Show Profile
I'm so sorry Heather. Like Sheri, if I lived closer I would certainly be there to help you out. I will be praying for your healing and for the Lord to strengthen and comfort you. And for Him to send a true friend along to help you out.

~Sharon

By His Grace, For His Glory

http://merryheartjournal.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

NudeFoodFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Heide
Benton City WA
433 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2009 :  08:40:19 AM  Show Profile
Heather, oh sweetie!
I had mono in highschool and it totally knocked me out for a month! I had to go get h2o IV because my throat hurt so bad I couldn't drink and I got wickedly dehydrated. Oh honey it is only being realistic that you need help. Are they worried about your son catching it? It is very contagious. . . Oh I wish I had advice or even a way to road trip to you. You obviously need help.

Here there is an emergency daycare, I have never used it but I have seen it advertised, I believe it is sponsered by the hospital. But it is for situations like these, maybe there is one where you are at? Or do you belong to a church were some family can take your son out for the day so you can rest. I remember being soooo tired, I really don't know how you are doing it. . .

You are amazing obviously!

I am so sorry about you "support person." I had a very similiar experience when my mom was ill, everyone said they were a phone call away but when I called asking for help, everyone was "too busy".

Well I am praying for you and imagining you resting in a big comfy bed and healing. Don't let that one persons cruddy behavior stop you from asking for help. You deserve assistance and shame on her for not helping you.

You are incredible and I know you will overcome this shining! With you graduating in Medical info (maybe you will be the one to start the emergency daycare in your local hospitals).

Seriously, should I overnight a casserole? I would love to send you a care package. . .would you email me your address?

Best,
heide

Nude Food Farm
~Grown so good,
Dressing is Optional.
Go to Top of Page

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2009 :  08:49:49 AM  Show Profile
HUGS to you!!!!

Hugs from Marian/Dutchy, a farmgirl from the Netherlands :)

My personal blog:
http://just-me-a-dutch-girl.blogspot.com/

Almost daily updates on me and mine :)
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2009 :  08:53:43 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Never heard of emergency daycare but it I do get put in the hospital, I will have to AMCROSS Scott to get him home. I just want to know when I will catch a break? I am so tired of living like this. I am a VERY positive person but I am so down right now. : ( I can't truly go out and live because I have no one to help me. Yes, I choose to have a child and live in Texas but I did not expect this. I have NO ONE, zip, nada. Sorry to sound like a cry baby but I have reached that breaking point, ya know???

Charlie is so sweet. I am sitting here bawling and he came up to me and says "I will make you happy. You are pretty and so are your braces." Just melts my heart!! I Love him.

Heather

Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2009 :  09:12:17 AM  Show Profile
Heather you WILL get through this. I know it seems so overwhelming right now and with your level of exhaustion that's to be expected. It's good to cry. That's our safety valve. You never know how strong and resiliant you are until you have to be. Not very comforting right now I know but so true. Take a deep breath. Take another one. All you have is the minute you are in right now. What will or will not happen next is irrelavent to right this minute. Charlie is your angel and you have him so you are not alone. You have all of us out here and although we can't be there to help you physically, we are here to support you emotionally. Know you are cared for. Know you are loved and valued.

Sheri
Go to Top of Page

Merry
True Blue Farmgirl

765 Posts

Merry
Ankeny Iowa
USA
765 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2009 :  09:24:44 AM  Show Profile
If your husband is in the military is there a spouse org. Or at the very least a unit contact you can talk to? When my DH was in the USMC we had people for just this situation. Even if you are not near the base there may be available someone to help you.

Don't let that inconsiderate person out you off from asking for help, there are many wives who are kind and mature and will help.
I do understand how you feel, before he retired he spent more time away than he did home! But boy did I learn independence, and who to trust.

If I lived closer or knew someone in your area to call, I would be there in a heartbeat!

http://afarminmyheart.blogspot.com/

"Nobody has ever measured, not even poets how much the heart can hold."
Zelda Fitzgerald
Go to Top of Page

NudeFoodFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Heide
Benton City WA
433 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2009 :  09:42:14 AM  Show Profile
Ok sweetie, your in for a surprise! This is super fun for me, sorry you don't feel well. I know when your so sick and tired nothing is "fun". But imagine me sing and dancin while I am packing you up a surprise Mary Jane Style in the spirit of Reuse, Recycle and Revive!
Yee Ha!
We have never met, but through this forum I feel like close friends. So I have gone and picked things that said to me that you could use them, hopefully it isn't too bizarre for you but I am a pretty silly lady (as though you haven't guessed). Anyhow, I must moozy if I am going to catch the postal people.
Hang in there and be super good to yourself.
Blessings,
h

Nude Food Farm
~Grown so good,
Dressing is Optional.
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2009 :  09:59:34 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Merry, I honestly don't know. I am trying to find something online. Being Saturday, everything is closed for the most part. I live about 25 miles from the nearest base. I will check it out. Thanks for reminding me.

Heide- you are so sweet. You do sound like my kinda gal. So YEE HAW back at you!!! : ) and Thanks.

Heather

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2009 :  11:13:12 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Heather- is Scott deployed again?

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2009 :  11:17:44 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
No, he got orders to Kentucky and went up ahead of me so I can finish college. If I leave now, I will NOT graduate this summer and it would be a bigger mess than we are in now. Our life is very strange and people don't understand yet no one cares to help out.

Heather

Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2009 :  11:24:43 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Sometimes, I just need inspiration...if she did it, with her aches and pains, so can I!!! : )

"Wilma Rudolph was born prematurely, the 20th of 22 siblings, and caught "infantile paralysis" (caused by the polio virus) as a very young child. She recovered, but wore a brace on her right leg and foot which had become twisted as a result. By the time she was twelve years old, she had also survived scarlet fever, whooping cough, chicken pox and measles. Her family drove her from Clarksville, Tennessee to Nashville, Tennessee regularly for treatments to straighten her twisted leg."

Heather

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2009 :  2:16:25 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I see! I wish I could come down to help you out, sweetie!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

ranchetta
True Blue Farmgirl

318 Posts

carol
Marysville Wahington
USA
318 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2009 :  2:18:53 PM  Show Profile
Hi, Heather...I'm so sorry your not feeling well and are disappointed in the gal you thought was your friend. I know that's very hurtful when someone you have faith in lets you down. There are many good people that help each other...look at the wonderful warm response you got from the farmgirls!

http://curlywillowsranch.blogspot.com/
http://alteredshots.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

vintagediva1
True Blue Farmgirl

1251 Posts

Michele
Brighton Michigan
USA
1251 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2009 :  3:00:11 PM  Show Profile
Hi Heather,
I am sooo sorry that you are sick and I know how miserable it is when your a service wife and are just so lonely. Sorry that Scott is not there to take care of you.
I secind everything that Heide said. Keep up the hydration because it is so important and find out if your church (or one nearby) can help. I wish I were closer
Michele

www.2vintagedivas.etsy.com

Love that good ole vintage junk
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2009 :  3:06:33 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
"Above all, don't fear difficult moments, the best comes from them."

Found another quote to pick me up.

Thank all ya'll!! (((HUGS))) and many kisses!!! : )

Heather

Go to Top of Page

NudeFoodFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Heide
Benton City WA
433 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2009 :  3:27:16 PM  Show Profile
ok Ms. Heather,
I sent it out. I hope you like it, if anything hopefully you smile. That is the best medicine. The post office said it could be there as soon as Tuesday no later than Wednesday. So keep your eye out.
Until then be very tender and good to yourself.
Blessings
H

Nude Food Farm
~Grown so good,
Dressing is Optional.
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2009 :  3:32:05 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Heide- you are a sweetheart!!! (((HUGS)))

Heather

Go to Top of Page

Bellepepper
True Blue Farmgirl

1207 Posts

Belle
Coffeyville KS
USA
1207 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2009 :  4:57:41 PM  Show Profile
Heather, Oh how I wish I could be there to help you. My sister lives in Spring, just North of Houston and Ole Ron's sister lives in Springtown, NW of Ft Worth. I have always thought if we could get down that way again that I could come see you. But unfortunately Ole Ron is not well enough to travel so here I set. Well, not just setting but you know what I mean. Only leave the house to go to the Dr.

If there is anything you need, that can be sent to you, let us know. Really, let us know. I just wish I could come down there and help you. Bless you and God keep you. Love you. Belle
Go to Top of Page

pinkroses
True Blue Farmgirl

2350 Posts

Sheila
Virginia
USA
2350 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2009 :  5:14:43 PM  Show Profile
Hugs and prayers to you Heather; I hope you are feeling better soon. hugs sheila

www.ohkayteagirl2.blogspot.com
http;//www.sheilascreativetouches.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2009 :  5:20:46 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Belle- I hope Ron feels better.

Thanks to all...I do appreciate it!! : )

Heather

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2009 :  6:22:40 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Heather- if you can get your hands on some pure chlorophyll from a health food store I have heard that works wonders with Mono. *hugs* I hope your energy perks up soon!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

SuzieQ
True Blue Farmgirl

175 Posts

Suzie
Texas
USA
175 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2009 :  6:38:08 PM  Show Profile
I emailed you and you are not alone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

CountryBorn
True Blue Farmgirl

1545 Posts

Mary Jane
New York
USA
1545 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2009 :  7:03:00 PM  Show Profile
Heather, the way you work so hard and do so very much,I am not surprised when you said you had mono. My daughter had it also. It is the worst tired feeling that a person can get. I sympathize with you so much. Honey, I know it is hard with a 3 yr. old, but try and get as much rest as you can. Charlie being 3 is a lot better than a tiny baby, I guess that is one thing to be grateful for. Have him play in there with you and he can get up on the bed with a few toys. If you have a TV in your room or maybe you could rest on the couch and he can watch a movie or educational show. You know, I have so much admiration for military wives. You really are the backbone of your family. You are strong and independent, able to do just about anything you set your mind too. I am so thankful for your husband's service( and yours too when you we in). But I am also am proud and in awe of all that you do by yourself. I don't think we tell you that enough. Mono can make you feel terrible in every way, emotionally as well as physically. You may be at the tail end of the illness like my daughter was, so your recovery may not take as long as you think. Honey, just baby the daylights out of yourself. Tell your little guy how proud you are of him for helping Mommy get better. Little ones dearly love to feel important and think they are being a big help to Mommy. That will make him try even more. This will pass and you will feel better, I promise. In the meantime, know that we love you and are praying for your quick recoveery.

Hugs and love, MJ

There can be no happiness if the things we believe in are different from the things we do. Freya Stark
Go to Top of Page

Sue Feely
True Blue Farmgirl

1044 Posts

Sue
Buffalo New York
USA
1044 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2009 :  7:10:46 PM  Show Profile
Heather -

I feel so bad for you really; like so many others here! Please let me and all of us know if there is someting we can do from our end! Please e-mail me your address when you can!

Hugs (for the mono bug)
Sue Feely
Sister #349
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Just not putting up with it anymore.. Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page