Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Just not putting up with it anymore..
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Just not putting up with it anymore.. Next Topic
Page: of 3

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2009 :  7:52:31 PM  Show Profile
Heather I am so glad to hear that you are still perking. Just don't over do things. How long until school ends? Keeping you in my thoughts.

Sheri
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2009 :  05:01:00 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
May 10th is the last day but I have a LOT of things due by May 2nd. I have my MONO note, which I can use if I fall way behind. So far, I am doing ok.

Heather

Yee-Haw, I am a cowgirl!!!
Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2009 :  07:41:31 AM  Show Profile
Not much longer then. Do you have a lot of finals? Hope today brings more energy your way.

Sheri
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2009 :  07:48:00 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Actually, I have one final. My senior year, last semester, is ALL about management. Writing TONS of papers...I think I am on #21 right now. One class has some tests but I am pulling 90's in that one. Can't wait!!! ; )

Heather

Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2009 :  08:02:31 AM  Show Profile
Isn't the last part a drag? When I was in college it seemed that the last quarter just drug on and I had to fight with myself to get through it. I guess I was just tired of school at that point. Good luck with it - I know how much work it is. I'm sure you'll pass with flying colors.

Sheri
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2009 :  08:14:24 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Yes, I am VERY tired. I have done 4 years of work in 3 years, all with a newborn/toddler in the house. Graduating is a HUGE deal to me. : )

Heather

Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2009 :  08:59:38 AM  Show Profile
Now that is determination in my book. I don't know how you did it. It's no wonder you are tired even without Mono you would be. Just know that we are all pulling for you - we know you will be successful. What are your plans after graduation?

Sheri
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2009 :  11:27:39 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Ha...are you ready for this...work and grad school!!! : ) Yes, I love to torture myself. : )

I have waited SO long to go to college. Before I joined the military, I worked in a doc's office and I would take my morning run through a local college just to absorb the feel. I made a promise that I would get to college someday and the military made that happen. I think education of any kind is so important in the developement of a person whether it is a HIM course like I am taking or learning to knit, it stimulates the mind, fosters community and self awareness and confidence and has many great teaching lessons as well. Ok..off my soap box... : )

You are all invited to my graduation!!!

Heather

Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2009 :  12:49:06 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
http://www.theledger.com/article/20090421/NEWS/904215028/1410?Title=For-Julie-Clark-Nothing-Stood-in-Her-Way-#

My INSPIRATION for the day... : )

Heather

Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2009 :  1:21:50 PM  Show Profile
I agree about the value of education. I think we need to continue to learn our whole lifetime. I find that the folks who remain vital into old age continue to do new things no matter what their ages. I think when people get stuck in routines without exploring anything new life becomes a habit instead of a glorious adventure. There is nothing I like better than to learn a new skill.

Sheri
Go to Top of Page

Michigan Girl in TX
True Blue Farmgirl

85 Posts

Kristi
Cottonwood Shores TX
USA
85 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2009 :  07:25:45 AM  Show Profile
That is awesome! I SO want to go back to school and finish my degree! I took a semester off 16 years ago and then never went back. I had baby #1, then #2, then #3 plus working so I just didn't.... but now I really want to! What are you getting your degree in? Are you doing online classes or is there a school by you? In fact I was just about to check out some school (unfortunately online only since there are no schools nearby... I loved that college atmosphere you were talking about!) info but I thought I would check the forum first! Glad you are doing better! Congrats on getting through school! I am sure this semester has been hard with being sick and having a little one too!

Hugs!
~Kristi
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2009 :  07:54:58 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
I am getting my BS in Health Information Management at TX State in San Marcos. 99% of it was done online, so it was awesome. I am thinking of going to Midwestern State U. in Wichita Falls, to get my Master of Public Administration with a concentration in Health Administration. I LOVE healthcare...like more than a normal person should!!! : )

I found yesterday I have a bacterial infection to go along with MONO and treating one over the other is hard because antibiotics can worsen MONO. So we are proceeding with a lot of caution. Just another day!!! : )

Heather

Go to Top of Page

NudeFoodFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Heide
Benton City WA
433 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2009 :  08:47:30 AM  Show Profile
Heather,
I am glad you got the package! Sorry to hear your not feeling much better. I hope you enjoy the tea (glad you like the biscotti) and the movies, so wierd picking out movies for someone and not knowing what they like. . .I figured it is better than trashy tv. lol
Well you take care of yourself and Charlie.
Rest. Rest. Rest. is your word for the week. Is your DH gonna be able to take some time off to come help you heal? I am sure seeing him would do miracles for y'all.
I will pray he surprises you (maybe you should forward him this thread)
sometimes men need hints. lots of them.
anyhow,
tons of love and hugs and hope you feel better,
h

Nude Food Farm
~Grown so good,
Dressing is Optional.
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2009 :  08:53:14 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Hubby is in Kentucky...for now...he is a good egg and tries really hard... I can't begin to tell you how crazy our life has been and we have made it all on our OWN without anyone else's help...

I loved the movies...I actually watched 'Chasing Liberty" the other day on the Family channel. I loved it and now I have it on DVD. YEAH!!!

Resting a lot..mostly with my laptop on top of me and watching Gilmore Girls. YEAH!!!

(((HUGS))) to all.

Heather

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Just not putting up with it anymore.. Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page