Diane B Carter
True Blue Farmgirl

1270 Posts

Diane
Blasdell N.Y.
USA
1270 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2009 :  4:01:38 PM  Show Profile
I'm 58 and starting to feel it in my bones. I'm in good health because I eat choclate for breakfast, only a few times before bedtime. NO menses problems, retired,(but working for family.) Happy with my life, kids turned out O.K. Soon to be playing in the gardens. It's a nice time in my life. and I get to go to the thrift store. Yep, life is good.

Hope all your days are Sunnydays.
dianebcarterhotmailcom.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

grace gerber
True Blue Farmgirl

2804 Posts

grace
larkspur colorado
USA
2804 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2009 :  4:48:36 PM  Show Profile
I am happy to announce I just turned 50 on Friday. I may have wrinkles on my face but most of them are from laughter and some from sorry. My bones may aches but I feel that is the reminders that I am living a full life with plenty of activities and hard work. I do not deny myself much because over the years I have found what is really important. Most of all I live each day as if it will be my last because no one is to know when my last day is here.....

I wish you all the best days ahead and that would be today!

Grace Gerber
Larkspur Funny Farm and Fiber Art Studio

Where the spirits are high and the fiber is deep
http://www.larkspurfunnyfarm.etsy.com
http://larkspurfunnyfarm.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

asnedecor
True Blue Farmgirl

1054 Posts

Anne
Portland Or
USA
1054 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2009 :  5:08:38 PM  Show Profile
I am 45 and think I am still in my 20's. I guess I never think about my age, unless someone points it out. Women in my family live into their 90's so I have a long way to go yet.

Anne in Portland, OR

"Weeds are flowers too, once you get to know them" Eyeore from Winnie the Pooh
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2009 :  5:26:42 PM  Show Profile
It's 28 in a week for me. :)

Jessie
Farmgirl Sister #235

"You are my strength when I am weak. You are the treasure that I seek. You are my all in all. Seeking You as a precious jewel; Lord, to give up I'd be a fool. You are my all in all."

Stop by my blog for a visit www.messiejessie2.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2907 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2907 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2009 :  6:56:20 PM  Show Profile
I am 49 & still think farts are funny!!!
Go to Top of Page

farmmom22
True Blue Farmgirl

616 Posts

Tammy
Scottsville KY
USA
616 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2009 :  8:40:51 PM  Show Profile
I will be 32 in August. I am sooo happy to be out of my 20's!

http://afarmgirljourney.blogspot.com/
Farmgirl Sister #492

Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending. -Carl Bard
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2009 :  8:55:38 PM  Show Profile
I turned 50 in October...I am surprized how many of us are the same age. It is a good age!!
I don't feel much different than in my 30's..well, except the bad knee. In my head and heart I dont' feel any older. Still having 4 kids at home keeps me too busy to think much about my age too.

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

gramax18
True Blue Farmgirl

106 Posts

Elinor
meeker Colorado
USA
106 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2009 :  9:43:56 PM  Show Profile
I am 71 and that looks pretty old at times. But I thank the Lord that I am in good health and can do what I want too and only ask for help once in a while. I have started my tomatoes inside and am really looking foreward to gardening. When it stops snowing.

Life is wonderful.

Elinor
Go to Top of Page

Mother Hen
True Blue Farmgirl

604 Posts

Cindy
Peck ID
USA
604 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2009 :  01:09:56 AM  Show Profile
I actually had to stop and do the math.......I'm 44 now.
My 40's are the best years of all. I finally have a wonderful husband who is just the right number of years older than I am (10). I'm living in the country, on a farm/ranch. I get to try anything I want to do. I've got a garden, I can, sew, craft, and tons of other stuff. I'm homeschooling my youngest (DD 12). I've cared for my mother-in-law until her last breath and getting ready to do the same for my grandmother and later in life, my parents. I've been blessed by God. He has answered my prayers and I'm thankful!!

Cindy

FARMGIRLS CAN DO ANYTHING!!!

I will bless the Lord at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth. Psalms 34:1
Go to Top of Page

LynnMarie
True Blue Farmgirl

612 Posts

Lynn
Staunton IL
USA
612 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2009 :  04:59:08 AM  Show Profile  Send LynnMarie a Yahoo! Message
What a neat topic. And I thought everyone was in their twenties and thirties. LOL

I am 60 but feel like 40 since I quit eating refined foods. Yep, even the arthritis went away. Thank goodness for my homeopathic doctor; I found the fountain of youth.

I have a daughter who just turned 41 (not possible if I am 40 lol) and two sons, 36 and 18.

A cousin's daughter who is a beautician cut my hair spiked a few years ago, that helps me feel younger too. lol

Bringing the Past Back to Life
www.freewebs.com/decampsettlement

"You may never know what results come from your action. But, if you do nothing, there will be no results" -Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

Tn.Earthmama
True Blue Farmgirl

451 Posts

Phyllis
Englewood Tennessee
451 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2009 :  05:59:27 AM  Show Profile
Hi LynnMarie, my Mom just passed away in Oct. she was 79, but if you asked her she was 39. LOL. she used to say 29 but when my younger brother turned 30 he said, " Mom you are going to have to age a bit, it's getting hard to explain how I got to be 30 and you are only 29". LOL. It was the family joke. At her funeral the quartet that sang performed "in a land where we'll never grow old" I can't remember the actual title. my brother and I were sitting in the front row giggling through our tears, leading up to the line never grow old. thought Mom would love that. LOL.

glad you found a good doc. that could help with the arthritis and help you find that fountain of youth. blessings Phyllis
Go to Top of Page

4forMe
True Blue Farmgirl

166 Posts

Dawn
Easton MD
166 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2009 :  06:35:56 AM  Show Profile
I am 38, until November. I like my thirties much more than my twenties. I will be excited to see what 40 brings, as it seems to only get better.

Sewing, knitting, gardening mom of 4.
Go to Top of Page

NikkiBeaumont
True Blue Farmgirl

473 Posts

473 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2009 :  06:47:39 AM  Show Profile
Oh, y'all! I'm lovin' this thread, too.

I'm 36 and so glad. I feel like I have finally been given permission to be myself.

Don't you hate those magazine tags that say "FORTY IS THE NEW THIRTY!" They still haven't realized that age has nothing to do with it. What matters is how you feel on the inside.

My old boss, a pharmacist, asked one of our customers who had just turned 96 what age she felt like, with no hesitation she said, "Oh! I'm eighteen! I always have been!"

Farmgirl Sister #554
Go to Top of Page

Linda Houston
True Blue Farmgirl

538 Posts

Linda
Lake Charles Louisiana
USA
538 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2009 :  09:33:33 AM  Show Profile
I am so grateful for this thread. I always thought I was the oldest and had less wisdom than all of you for my age. I am 63 and I don't know how I am supposed to feel, but in my mind I am still in my 40's. This is a great age---My mother lived to be 94 and was one healthy woman. she loved life and was a joy to be around. I pray that I have that spirit and enjoy life and living til the last minute I am on earth.
Go to Top of Page

vintagediva1
True Blue Farmgirl

1251 Posts

Michele
Brighton Michigan
USA
1251 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2009 :  10:33:24 AM  Show Profile
Wow this is fun!!!
I turned 60 last week and was dreading it but now I am feeling better about it because of all of you. I too thought I was the old lady here. Feeling fabulous, only it takes a little longer to get ober surgery and illness but eating more healthily than ever which certainly helps.
As I reminded a friend who I have been best buddies with since high school (yikes)
" We are as hot as ever.....only now it comes in flashes" lol
Michele

www.2vintagedivas.etsy.com

Love that good ole vintage junk
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2009 :  10:46:55 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
60, and still crazy after all these years.d ;)

Farmgirl Sister #50

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?"
'Br.Dave Gardner'
Go to Top of Page

sweetproserpina
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

meg
Vinemount Ontario
Canada
535 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2009 :  11:32:53 AM  Show Profile
Well, I'm 26!
Though I often get mistaken for a teenager ;p I know I'll be glad I look young when I am older, but sometimes it drives me nuts to be lumped in with high-schoolers. I just got back from england and my parents got upgraded to first class, but I got stuck at the back of the plane with the noisy teenagers, doh! Lol!

"Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world."
http://quaintandkeepinghouse.blogspot.com New Homekeeping Blog!
http://theprimroseway.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Nicie
True Blue Farmgirl

185 Posts

Denise
Lincoln NE
USA
185 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2009 :  11:35:02 AM  Show Profile
Actually I just turned 50 yesterday.
Go to Top of Page

SheilaC
True Blue Farmgirl

1948 Posts

Sheila
Vermont
USA
1948 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2009 :  11:38:56 AM  Show Profile
I'm also 38 till November--sounds like a few of us share birthday months/years! November 1970 must have been busy for new moms!
Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4745 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4745 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2009 :  11:55:11 AM  Show Profile
I'll be 49 in June. My sister, who is going on 51, makes a big deal about age & lies about hers all the time. I on the other hand am perfectly fine with my age & who I am.

Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2009 :  12:13:16 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Do you know what I think is the best thing about this thread? How it shows that women of all ages can be the very best of friends and that we can all share and learn from each other!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjournies.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

bohemiangel
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Bridget
Ligonier pa
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2009 :  12:33:44 PM  Show Profile  Send bohemiangel an AOL message  Click to see bohemiangel's MSN Messenger address  Send bohemiangel a Yahoo! Message
I'm a young looking 26 year old......always getting carded, unless the people know me. A chick came to the door and said are your parents home......I at least think I look 20! geez. I think saying your age is powerful because you're either getting older or dead! I'll pick getting old :) I have friends of ALL ages! I've always preferred people older for some reason, prob the only child thing?!

**~~Farmgirl Sister #60~~**
"... to thine ownself be true."

http://liggybitsandpieces.blogspot.com/
http://ligonierliving.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

knittingmom
True Blue Farmgirl

665 Posts

AnneMarie
Edmonton Alberta
Canada
665 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2009 :  12:41:44 PM  Show Profile
I'm 36, will be 37 in June. Though most people peg me as late 20's (yipee for good genetics :))

"There is no foot so small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world"
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9417 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9417 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2009 :  1:32:28 PM  Show Profile
Well, I turned 47 last birthday and my oldest will be 28 in about a week. We have people say we look like sisters. They are lying if they say they actually believe that because she does not look as old as me. Of course, I know that they mean that I look younger but gosh not that young. Though I sure don't feel any different than I did in my 20's. My mom has always looked young. She is 83 and there seem to be the genes for that so I guess I'm good for a bit yet.

Phyllis, That name of that hymn is "I've Got a Mansion" It has always been one of my sons favorites and he could sing the whole song through when he was about 4 or 5.
Denise
www.torisgram.etsy.com

Edited by - levisgrammy on Apr 13 2009 1:34:09 PM
Go to Top of Page

lisamarie508
True Blue Farmgirl

2648 Posts

Lisa
Idaho City ID
USA
2648 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2009 :  2:57:08 PM  Show Profile
I will be 47 next month...oh, woops, 46. I don't really pay that much attention to my age. I don't feel like I'm in my 40's. I always forget and have to count it out. I don't know if that's a part of getting old or if it's just because I don't really care!

Farmgirl Sister #35

"If you can not do great things, do small things in a great way." Napoleon Hill (1883-1970)

my blog:
http://lisamariesbasketry.blogspot.com/

My apron website:
http://lisamariesaprons.bravehost.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Across the Fence: Previous Topic How old are you? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page