deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2009 :  06:23:24 AM  Show Profile
ooooooh! Tammy whatja get? Whatja get? Me thinks it's what I got too.....

TS: I have it scanned and saved to my computer. Now, if the newbies need the badge, they can email me and I will send it in an attachment that they will open, resize, etc etc.

Kris: Dont feel bad, weird weather all over. Yesterday we had 3" of snow and 31 degrees. Today its gonna be 54.... All my plants are inside as well. No room here for people!

I'm tickled that everyone is getting their postcards. Poor Corrine... I've been trying to save your mail so I can just ship a small box. I have stuff for you from Valentines Day! However, I like the cards. They are bright and cheery. If you didn't get one, lemme know.

Not much else happening here at HTF. Waiting the weather out. I fear that most mavens will be running the Fling while I'm planting the garden. Normally most Ohioans plant from Mothers Day on..... If you don't hear from me for the 2 weeks prior to Fling... I'm in the field.

JerrBear super surprised me the other night. He bought me a pull behind planter that I can use with the lawn mower from another hardware/machinery place like Lehman's. I'm THRILLED beyond belief. This totally trumps jewelry, candy, or flowers. YAY ME! No more stooping and dropping seed for a 1/4 of an acre! whoo hoo!

Okay, time for me to get my dirty rear in the shower, and go see my kiddo. I need to hit the craft store while I'm in Columbus. Yep, country girl goes to the city today. Yee Haw!

Love ya's Ya-Ya's (just watched the movie again... couldn't resist)

MWAH!
Dawn-ZO

Dawn #279
MJ's Heirloom Mavens-QMD
http://harvestthymefarm.etsy.com
http://harvestthyme.blogspot.com
~live big, ride hard, and shoot straight~
Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2009 :  06:26:24 AM  Show Profile
PS: a little more good news. I signed onto LocalHarvest.org. And I've had a lot of hits. I'm telling you, neat neat place to sell farm goods. Great network. Can't say enough. I have people coming out from 45 minutes away this wknd to get eggs....

Also, found a cute cute site called www.farmhousewares.com. Its eco-friendly, and retro. Tina, I thought of you will the red/white canisters and stuff. They have yellow-ware that's still handmade by a Connecticut artisan.... I think the prices are very reasonable. Check it out. If anything, it's eye candy.

Dawn #279
MJ's Heirloom Mavens-QMD
http://harvestthymefarm.etsy.com
http://harvestthyme.blogspot.com
~live big, ride hard, and shoot straight~
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2009 :  07:09:46 AM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Yellow ware.... I am so there.....

Can you believe it, I got a sun burn yesterday... now I don’t normally promote sunburns... but I have to tell you... it felt so good. Literally I moved my laptop, phones and work out onto the patio yesterday... I just couldn’t take ONE more minute inside.....I let my little chicks outside and they climbed all over my BAREFEET... it was heaven.... between breaks I played in the dirt... we got up to 77 yesterday.. Perfect. Of course this morning it is cold and grey AGAIN! But, now that I have a little bit of the Vitamin D... the world looks a little bit better......

Dawn, with all of us farmgirls there... we could have your place planted in no time :)

MaryJanesFarm 2009 Farm Fair is shaping up so great; I hope as many of you that can come, do come... we will have a blast for sure...............

Off to find the yellow ware..................thanks Dawn!

Rene~Prosser Farmgirl #185
http://farmchicksfarm.blogspot.com/http://renenaturallyspeaking.blogspot.com/

Circumstances made us FRIENDS; MaryJane's has made us SISTERS :)
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2009 :  07:37:14 AM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
oooooo, yellow ware, YES!

Hey Kris, about that badge, easy peasy, just get a piece of muslin that will fit into a small hoop, trace the Maven design on it, embroider in an outline stitch, maybe use a leaf stitch on the tomatoe leaves, satin stitch or even outline stitch the red tomatoes, I'm going to improvise on the yellow tomatoe bloosom and the bee. I'll back mine in heavy flannel(just cause I have some, but you could use anything, secure the two layers with the outline stitch that's in the design, and I'm also going to pink my edges, just cause, and also I'm going to see if I can find some gardening related buttons or charms to add to it. That's my two cents, lol

Thanks Dawn for doing that for the Maven badge, I could see myself thirty years from now, sending out hand drawn Maven badge designs, lol. Have a good time with your daughter. Sounds like things are shaping up at your farm, good for you!!!!! I loved the Ya Ya Sisters book, I always wished I had YA YA friends, lol.

Can't wait until farm fair either Rene'!

Here's your quote for the day:

"Good taste shouldn't have to cost anything extra". MICKY DREXLER

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Planting Zone 3

"Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly." The Dalai Lama
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2009 :  07:48:36 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Rene- I know exactly what you mean! I did the same thing for part of the day yesterday! Today is damp, and grey here too. Nora is still outside playing though!!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2009 :  10:29:54 AM  Show Profile
Thanks, TS. I would love to see someone's finished badge. Hint hint!

I sure would love to have a bunch of you farmgirls show up at my place and plant! Wow. We should do that, travel around the country and plant all the farm sister's gardens. Sounds like fun to me.

Sounds like you had a great day, Rene. I've been outside today some. Put rhubarb and basil seeds in cups to get them started. I hope they all come up. Maybe by next week the gardens will be dry enuf to til so I can get mine started. I am ready to plant!

Kris

Life is what you make it. Always has been. Always will be.
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2009 :  10:59:10 AM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
Ha!

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Planting Zone 3

Go to Top of Page

K-Falls Farmgirl
Chapter Leader

2096 Posts

Cheryl
Klamath Falls Oregon
USA
2096 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2009 :  12:55:58 PM  Show Profile
Thank you TS I received my Maven badge. Will try to get it sewn this week. Weather wont allow planting, rain & rain & rain expected. We Ordered 10 yards of topsoil w/manure yesterday, delivery now will be delayed until next week. Some onions planted and thats it. Checked my roses they look like they survived the winter snow & frost so far. I still feel yukky, have a Dr appointment Friday. This cold is hangin on..really zapped me.. I need sunshine.. My 2 sisters want to take a girls weekend May 7-10 somewhere it's warm..I have free air miles... Maybe California beach, We would like a B&B or reasonable cost nice place. Any suggestions?

Cheryl
Farmgirl #309
Klamath Falls "Charming Chicks Chapter" Mother Hen

Almost daily posts at:
http://www.k-fallsfarmgirl.blogspot.com/
Come visit the barn at http://barndoorcreations.blogspot.com/

You never know when what you say or do will make a difference...Kerry Kennedy
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9419 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9419 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2009 :  04:39:09 AM  Show Profile
TS,
Received my badge! Thanks for all the work you did to get them to us. I have a project going on right now but that is next. I want to get it done and on my jacket.
I am dying to get the garden going. I'm not sure we will even have time to do anything with the wedding plans going on and all.
(sigh)
we will do what we can I guess, and hope for better next time around.
We have already had quite a lot of rain in the guise of April showers. Here, we go from winter to about two weeks of Spring and right into the hot weather. Blech.

Denise
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2009 :  05:53:30 AM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
I know just what you mean Denise, we do the same thing here on the Palouse. It's a shocker to the system, lol. Hope your wedding plans are coming along great, they will be over eventually, trust me, I did all that with my two older daughters, the last one didn't have a big wedding, just went and got married. Personally, I like the simple weddings after dealing with the more involved weddings, too much stress. You'll get back to your garden, give it time. Glad to hear from you though, keep us posted when you get a chance.

I'm glad that y'all like your badges.

Here's your quote for the day:

"Luxury need not have a price-confort itself is a luxury". GEOFFREY BEENE

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Planting Zone 3

Go to Top of Page

homemom
True Blue Farmgirl

1593 Posts

Ruth
Warwick RI
USA
1593 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2009 :  06:26:15 AM  Show Profile
Dawn~thanks for sharing that site. I love it and everything they have. Certainly eye candy. I will be mailing out the paper bags next week.

It's been busy here ladies. We have been working in the yard and garden. I have been trying to get as much school done as possible so we can finish early this year. I need a break from homeschooling.

I hope everyone is well.

Teresa Sue~i got my great badge~Thank you!!

Cheryl~hope your feeling all better.

Ruth

Living the farm life in my heart.
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/Ruth
http://farmgirlinmyheart.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2009 :  07:19:09 AM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
You are welcome :^) !

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Planting Zone 3

Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2009 :  07:23:25 AM  Show Profile
Teresa Sue ~ Thank you so much for the badge. It is lovely!
I have been busy-dizzy on the farm and have had little time to post much , but I'm thinkin' of all of you and hoping to see most of you at BB&B! after lambing, kidding and such I should have more time to chat =)

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2009 :  07:32:07 AM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
Great! I am looking forward to spending some time with you :^)

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Planting Zone 3

Go to Top of Page

farmmom22
True Blue Farmgirl

616 Posts

Tammy
Scottsville KY
USA
616 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2009 :  09:55:04 AM  Show Profile
Dawn, I got my Maven mail today! Sooooo Cuuuuute! Love it, Love it, Love it. I didn't know you were so creative. lol! Thanks so much, Tammy

http://afarmgirljourney.blogspot.com/
Farmgirl Sister #492

Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending. -Carl Bard
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2009 :  11:33:47 AM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
Alee, I got your Maven badge back in the mail today, said no forwarding address :^(

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Planting Zone 3

Go to Top of Page

K-Falls Farmgirl
Chapter Leader

2096 Posts

Cheryl
Klamath Falls Oregon
USA
2096 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2009 :  5:43:24 PM  Show Profile
Hello gals, Thank you all for the well wishes.. I do feel better today after 10 days of Yuk.. Not coughing so bad & of course I have a Dr appointment tomorrow when I feel better.. But will keep it..
RAined here most of the day, I baked cookies, mopped kitchen & entry floor & vacuumned the carpets.. See I do feel better... Have dinner in the oven and took the dogs to the vet for their booster shots & Auggies Rabies today..so It has been a good day.

Cheryl
Farmgirl #309

Almost daily posts at:

Grandmas are mom's with more icing.
Go to Top of Page

K-Falls Farmgirl
Chapter Leader

2096 Posts

Cheryl
Klamath Falls Oregon
USA
2096 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2009 :  5:51:49 PM  Show Profile
Oh yes I also finished my Maven badge..

Cheryl
Farmgirl #309

Almost daily posts at:

Grandmas are mom's with more icing.

Edited by - K-Falls Farmgirl on Apr 09 2009 5:54:42 PM
Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2009 :  6:46:14 PM  Show Profile
Cute Cheryl - glad you are feeling better!!
Amy Grace

Farmgirl #224
"use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without"
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2009 :  11:04:34 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Teresa Sue- For some reason this forward is taking a long time to enact. I will email you my new address tomorrow :D

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2009 :  06:34:50 AM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
Okay Alee, I'll resend the badge when I get your new addy.

Woohoo Cheryl, great job on the badge, you are awesome!

A treat for you today Mavens when you come to tea, I've got hot cross buns raising right this minute!! They are perfect with a cuppa! You can't dilly dally tho, cause I'm taking what's left of them over to Cheney this morning. The darling Grandbeasties have to have their annual hot cross buns! LOL! Oh, I guess I'll share with their parents too, lol.

Here is your quote for the day: ~An oldie, but a goodie,lol~

"Beauty is altogether in the eyes of the beholder". MARGARET WOLFE HUNGERFORD

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Planting Zone 3

Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2009 :  07:18:25 AM  Show Profile
I hope all of my sisters have a joyful Easter!

I am going to try and work on the garden space Saturday and we shall see how that goes depending on the weather. I hope to get it all tilled before we have more snow

Don'tcha all eat too many jelly beans

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2009 :  07:29:40 AM  Show Profile
Thanks, Cheryl. That's so cute. I have got to find a blue jean jacket. Every time I go to a thrift store I look. I'm going out today. I am having a big antique and thrift store craving. So off I go!

We had rain ALL night here. I am so upset. Just when the gardens were almost dry enuf to til, too. I guess we'll have to wait another week now. This is getting OLD! I know rain is good and I should not complain, but I am anyway.

I have another set of leaves now on some of the tomato seedlings!! Yipee! Thay are a little slow. But that's ok since it will be probably June before they have a spot in the garden, the way it's lookin'.

I am also getting very impatient waiting on goat babies. Yesterday was day 145. So I guess I have a few more weeks to go. They are sll so huge. I am getting my friends Lamancha doe this weekend. She did now want to milk and I do so she said I can keep her here and she just wants a qt. a week of milk. Sounds good to me. So I should have 7 goats to milk soon! It's been since Jan. that we've had goat milk, so I am very exited. It will be alot of extra time and work but it's so good, I don't mind.

Happy Easter, ya'll.

Kris

Life is what you make it. Always has been. Always will be.
Go to Top of Page

Corinnelouise
True Blue Farmgirl

957 Posts

Corinne
France
957 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2009 :  11:35:58 AM  Show Profile
Teresa Sue, youhou, I got my badge today, what a beauty, thank you so very much.
Happy Easter to you Mavens, hope peace and renew will be there for ya'll.
Annika, thanks for your email, will answer over the week-end.
Alee, please send me your new address so I can update the Maven list.
Hugs to all.
Corinne

Sister # 101
Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2009 :  4:30:29 PM  Show Profile
Look out Teresa Sue, I'm comin' over (I love hot cross buns) should take me about 25 minutes to get to Tekoa:D

Farmgirl #224
"use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without"
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 46 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Maven Teatime Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page