Page: of 46

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2009 :  6:31:55 PM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
Good Grief Charley Brown!;^)

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Planting Zone 3

"Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly." The Dalai Lama
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2009 :  6:33:37 PM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
If you call me Crumbles, you will be known as, double ought M.

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Planting Zone 3

Edited by - Contrary Wife on Mar 30 2009 08:05:44 AM
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2009 :  08:04:28 AM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
Good morning Mavens, just a quick note as I have three grandbeasties here this morning. The girls decided Houston was having too much fun and they had to join him, lol. They went to bed at 9, asleep by 10, 10:30 and up and 5:45. They have been fed ham, bacon, pancakes in the shape of their initials and pomagrante tea. Now they are off doing what all good little tornadoes do at grandmas, demolition, lol. I am tierd, ha! I'm taking them back to Cheney around noonish, I'll check back in to see you later, have a good Monday!!

Quote of the day:

"Taste concerns itself with broad, lifetime progress and never makes mistakes; style moves by fits and starts and is occasionally glorious." KENNEDY FRASER

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Planting Zone 3

Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2009 :  09:19:07 AM  Show Profile
I'm down with the crud and a touch of viral bronchitis, which is good timing I guess seeing as I have a yard full of snow and can't play in the dirt! Cant wait to get the tiller out there and dig it up for planting. We are having a hard time letting go of winter on the Palouse it seems. So I am looking forward to spring with extra special eagerness. I baked some walnut dark chocolate brownies yesterday from scratch. They came out a little lopsided and funky but YUM! When I'm feeling like crud, I am more susceptible to the wild chocolate urges

This morning, I'm having ginger-pear tea and it is yummy

I don't have any grandbeasties, darnit! but I have a niece who is getting married on the 27th of April and it will be a lot of fun to go to her wedding and see the little girl all grown up take those steps up the isle =) I'm a proud Auntie!

Miss clucking with all you gals , I'll try to get on here more often =)

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2009 :  09:46:23 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I am so ready for spring! An artic blast has me penned in Wyoming- Which is fine- except my husband is having to pay $26 each way in taxi fare to get to work! EEKS!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

marcy jo
True Blue Farmgirl

453 Posts

Marcy
Wawaka Indiana
USA
453 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2009 :  10:54:15 AM  Show Profile  Send marcy jo a Yahoo! Message
I got my horseradish today!!! I didnt know that they look like little sticks!! well, now I must get them in the dirt!!! Spring always brings extra work but I wouldnt have it any other way!!!!

Marcy #257

http://marcyjosmarket.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2009 :  10:59:31 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
That's great Marcy! My father in law used to grow horseradish! He would stop watering it for about 3 weeks before harvest so it was REALLY hot.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

marcy jo
True Blue Farmgirl

453 Posts

Marcy
Wawaka Indiana
USA
453 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2009 :  11:32:12 AM  Show Profile  Send marcy jo a Yahoo! Message
Thanks for that tidbit of info! DH loves it hot!!!

Marcy #257

http://marcyjosmarket.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Betty J.
True Blue Farmgirl

1404 Posts

Betty
Pasco WA
USA
1404 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2009 :  11:50:36 AM  Show Profile
Dawn, have you ever winter sowed? I use my cold frame and put my seeds in soil inside milk jugs cut in half, with holes in the top and bottom, then taped shut. Water prior to the taping. Once taped you don't have to water hardly at all. My dear friends on the BH&G site got me into this and it is just wonderful. I have seen 20 or 30 jugs all lined up in rows sitting in the snow. Of course they haven't sprouted yet, but they will. Inside the cold frame, you have to open the frame on nonfreezing days. My frame sits on a concrete pad and soaks up the heat during the day and radiates it at night. It gets things started really early.

I feel like I'm rambling on, so if you have any questions, please e-mail me.

Betty in Pasco
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2009 :  11:57:02 AM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
Cool info Betty, I'm going to use that. I ordered my horseradish last week.

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Planting Zone 3

Go to Top of Page

Betty J.
True Blue Farmgirl

1404 Posts

Betty
Pasco WA
USA
1404 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2009 :  12:00:01 PM  Show Profile
I have never had use for horseradish, but do love it with my roast beef. Arby's is my favorite, but then again I haven't eaten much of it.

www.wintersown.org is the place to get some really good information about winter sowing. Good luck with your endeavor.
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2009 :  4:42:38 PM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
I love it on roast beef. I also like a touch of it in my deviled eggs,mmmmmmgood!

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Planting Zone 3

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2009 :  4:42:40 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Hi Ladies!

Well I braved the roads after the spring blizzard up here, and they were fine in 99% of the road. So I am safe and sound in Laurel now. :D

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2009 :  4:47:16 PM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
Great, glad you are safe. I always thought the spring storms in Wyo were worse than winter.

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Planting Zone 3

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2009 :  4:53:21 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
They are in a way because they are so vicious and just when you are thinking you are into spring!!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2009 :  4:53:35 PM  Show Profile
Glad you are safe and sound Alee. Idaho just passed the record for snowiest winter I think, and there's more to come possibly. Last year was a record breaker too.

On the horse radish subject, a little bit of it in potato salad is a surprisingly tasty addition... adds just a wee bit of zing

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2009 :  4:54:57 PM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
Annika, so good to hear from you, I've missed you this winter!! Yes, you're right about the potato salad too.

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Planting Zone 3

Go to Top of Page

ranchetta
True Blue Farmgirl

318 Posts

carol
Marysville Wahington
USA
318 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2009 :  5:31:22 PM  Show Profile
ATTENTION!!! RE: Horseradish. Take care where you plant it because in the right condition it can be VERY invasive and pop up all over....

I love it and planted it away from my garden area as I do with certain mint varieties.

Yummy fresh grated with a little sour cream.

http://curlywillowsranch.blogspot.com/
http://alteredshots.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2009 :  07:13:55 AM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
Good morning,

Thank you Carol for the words of wisdom on the horseradish,:^) I plan on putting mine in containers to control the little devil, lol.

Well, it is official, we have a new record snow fall for a winter in our area. Rene' I want my garden/weather to be like yours!!!! Supposed to be high winds, snow/rain today, well for the next several days, who knows, ugh. Thank goodness that it is the last day of March, she is such a fickle spoiled brat, don't you think? LOL.

Here's your quote for the day:

"Fashion fades. Only style remains." COCO CHANEL

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Planting Zone 3

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2009 :  07:16:51 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I guess the old saying "March comes in like a lamb and goes out like a Lion" was true this year! I always loved that mental picture!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2009 :  07:48:20 AM  Show Profile
I will have to email you Betty. Because I dont wanna screw this up. I'm at work and glad al of you weathered the snow storm okay. Can't wait til tomorrow...day off. Beware of Maven Mail coming soon!!!

Dawn #279
MJ's Heirloom Mavens-QMD
http://harvestthymefarm.etsy.com
http://harvestthyme.blogspot.com
~live big, ride hard, and shoot straight~
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2009 :  07:49:22 AM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
LOL, true Alee, but here on the Palouse I believe it came in like a lion and is going out like one also. Hopefully that means were are going to have a fine, fine spring to enjoy. It's just so wierd because the robins came back the earliest I have ever seen here, Mar 2cnd, I oftern wonder if they talk amoung themselves and are saying, "Whose idea was it anyway to come here this early, I'm sick of snow!" LOL. My lilac's leaf buds are still pretty tight and the lilacs don't get fooled very often. The lilac starts I brought back from Nev are on the back porch so they don't get frosted cause they are open more than the ones in the yard.

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Planting Zone 3

Go to Top of Page

gspringman
True Blue Farmgirl

387 Posts

Gail
Bonanza Oregon
USA
387 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2009 :  10:10:07 AM  Show Profile  Send gspringman a Yahoo! Message
Well have been busy help dh build the chicken coop. Our weather keeps going warm to cold so the process is going slow. We have the floor in and part of a wall so I can begin to see hope.

What crocus bulbs I had pop up, I was able to enjoy for one day before the deer ate them. Boy, I'm beginning to not like deer. Funny how when you first move to the country you like all the wild animals, but when you see the damage they do, you so want to chase them all away. I tell them I'll share if they will just let things grow a little more. Guess they don't understand grumbling.

Well it's only 27 outside so I'm hoping for some sun to start building the roost for inside the coop. I did get some onion sets in the ground yesterday, filled the bird feeders and now need to go and restock the wood pile.

Gail
Farmgirl #486

http://grammasladybug.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2009 :  10:35:58 AM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Teresa Sue, I am afraid our spring may end up in the same place our fall went to..................the wind is blowing here so hard today I am afraid I will loose powere, then what I do.....?

Rene~Prosser Farmgirl #185
http://farmchicksfarm.blogspot.com/http://renenaturallyspeaking.blogspot.com/

Circumstances made us FRIENDS; MaryJane's has made us SISTERS :)
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2009 :  10:47:52 AM  Show Profile
Its snowing here and supposed to get real windy too... Hello Spring?????

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 46 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Maven Teatime Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page