Page: of 46

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2009 :  10:44:42 AM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
Alee and Sue I recieved your aprons today!

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Planting Zone 4

"Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly." The Dalai Lama
Go to Top of Page

marcy jo
True Blue Farmgirl

453 Posts

Marcy
Wawaka Indiana
USA
453 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2009 :  08:25:50 AM  Show Profile  Send marcy jo a Yahoo! Message
Hi Gals!! I too am now addicted to facebook!! Admitting is the first step to recovery right!! And whats worse is I can access it from my phone!! IF only the connection would come up the same way!!!

Been cleaning and getting ready for the Holiday season (better Dawn?? no c word) but as always need to get serious!

Well, times almost up and I have projects to do!!

Marcy #257

http://marcysmarket.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2009 :  12:33:43 PM  Show Profile
Hey everyone - thank you for the birthday wishes. As usual I celebrated my birthday right in the middle of working 9 days straight so today is the first day I have had time to get online. I'm a grown-up now - just hit 40!! I ate cake 4 days straight and my body/waistband/digestive system are collectively displeased with me - oh well....
I can't believe how fast Christmas is sneaking up on us - every year it seems faster.
Randy (DS) turned 17 yesterday - oddly enough my grandma moved out of her home that my grandpa had build the day he was born, and she passed away yesterday, on his birthday. There is some connection/life circle there - I have been looking through old pictures and recipes of hers - my birthday has made me take stock of where I am and what I am doing a bit.
I hope you all are doing well - I think about you often. Here's to a bearable winter and an early spring for planting:)
Amy Grace

Farmgirl #224
"use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without"
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2009 :  08:36:22 AM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
It is sort of sad to see the gardens all plowed under as I prepare for winter here. (although my son's dog seems to like running through the raised beds). My girls (chickens) are missing the daily produce and are making plenty of noise in protest... Yikes are they spoiled or what? I bought some materials to build a little green house and I am looking forward to getting that constructed and up. Well mavens another growing season is behind us. It is so fun to see what all we have learned... can't wait for all the inspiring visits this winter...

Circumstances made us FRIENDS; MaryJanesFarm made us SISTERS :)

Rene'Groom~
Sisterhood Coordinator

Farmgirl Sister #185
www.MaryJanesFarm.com/RFBlog/
www.Twitter.com/RuralFarmgirl
www.FarmGirlsFarm.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2009 :  11:12:29 AM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
Marcy I got your aprons in the mail today. I will be sending everyones aprons out in the next couple of days~will let you know.

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Planting Zone 4

Go to Top of Page

Sue Feely
True Blue Farmgirl

1044 Posts

Sue
Buffalo New York
USA
1044 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2009 :  05:37:21 AM  Show Profile
Happy, Happy Birthday to our Dear Dawn today! Miss you!

Sue Feely
Go to Top of Page

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2009 :  05:52:09 AM  Show Profile
Happy Birthday to you Dawn!!!!!!!!
Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2009 :  05:53:52 AM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
Happy Birthday Dawnzo!

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Planting Zone 4

Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2009 :  4:02:51 PM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
Well Mavens I mailed out the mini aprons today!!!! Be looking for them in the mail. Thank you so much for participating and I hope you all enjoy your aprons. Happy Thanksgiving and Merry Christmas to you all!

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Planting Zone 4

Go to Top of Page

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2009 :  07:53:24 AM  Show Profile
I got mine Saturday what a joy. I still can't believe how this one got started but I love them all the same. Ok who Made the full apron in red and green with the ruffles over the shoulders TOOOOOOOO cute. I Love them all the are hanging on the mantel waiting for Christmas.

Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2009 :  3:42:22 PM  Show Profile
I got mine today and I tied their apron strings together and wrapped them around a grapevine wreath! They are too dang cute. Sorry I haven't been around. I honestly do not know where the time gets to anymore. Since I have returned from out West everything is zipping by at a fairly good clip! I had my craft show this past wknd and I made over $300!! So today I did a little Christmas shopping. Jerry and I decided to not do anything for eachother, so Audrey is all I have to buy for.
My whoopie pies are a hit. I pretty much bake a batch a day. The hard part is getting Jerry to stop taste testing. LOL. I planted a few Buckeye Trees and now I need to work in the Shed. Time to decorate for the holidays and hopefully I'll get some sales that way.

I need an idea. I need a cute packaging idea for instant cappuccino mixes. Any thoughts?

I really dont have a lot on my mind to talk about lately. Thank you for all the warm birthday wishes. I truly had a wonderful birthday and at 39 got to have my very first bday party. Its funny, but I feel younger now than I have in years...
take care!

OH! Diana, I got hte package yesterday and OMG! Sooooo stinkin cute! I just love it! thank you!

Dawn #279
MJ's Heirloom Mavens-QMD
http://www.harvestthymefarm.vpweb.com
~I'd rather be on my farm than Emperor of the World~George Washington
Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2009 :  08:06:22 AM  Show Profile
Well, there is a lot to be said for the lack of Maven posting. As reflected in life, the old slow down, or fade away while the new bursts through with life and giddiness. The old Mavens, are happy to just be. To reflect on the impact we've made on others as well as eachother. We are wrapping our roots around traditions and babies and grandbeasties and enjoying the fruits of our labors while the newbies (new farmgirls) are busy chatting and posting and re-seeding. MJ is lucky to be able to envision this forum like that. Ever growing. Ever branching out and depositing a piece of her dream here and there.
I feel poorly that I've not been on here as much as I used to be. But like I stated above, I've been sowing seeds of other interests and tending to my sprouts. Why I have to be so metaphoric is a mystery to me!
Life certainly does have a way of whisking us up in a whirlwind though, doesn't it? I mean, this time last year we were all meeting up every Monday for chats and planning our next garden conquests.
So here's what I've been up to. To say I've been busy is a serious understatment. The days pass by so quickly that my head spins. Somedays I fall into bed exhausted. The perennials are cut down, seeds have been dried and put away. We are bolstering up the chicken coop against cold NE winds and cutting wood. Lots and lots of wood.
I've been practicing my sewing skills. Nothing I've done of late consists of any glue. I'm sure TS will be thrilled to hear that. Unfortunately RubyJunes and I had a falling out so I haven't heard much from her. Although I did catch a snippet that her husband was in some kind of accident so any cards of good thought I think would be appreciated. My BFFFFFF Lora, is going back to school. I'm so proud of her! They also got the go ahead to put on a new roof! FINALLY! I can't even begin to tellyou how happy I am that they are not living under tarps anymore. I know that Lora's hubby Lance has been hunting and I think Lliam is going to a new school specifically suited to his Autistic needs. My heart is filled with happiness for them all and I can't wait to see them all again!
So back to my sewing. Ya'll aint' gonna believe this but I'm....wait for it.....quilting. Yeppers. I'm making my dd a quilte for christmas. Yes, I promise to post pictures. I've also done a few craft shows and did really well. My website is up and running. I'm not making millions but orders are coming in. That makes me happy. I've started a new blog. My old one went haywire and I lost everything. So, I guess it's good to be able to wipe the proverbial slate clean and start anew. the biggest thing I've been doing is writing. For my birthday I received a beautiful notebook from my high shcool BF Kristen, and it's been word vomit ever since. I also have been working in tandem with my BIL on songwriting. The greatest thing about networking with him and my HighSchool (HS) buddies is that I now have not just one but TWO people in my life that are in the music/publishing buisness. Please visit FB and go to Stephen Davey to hear some of his work. And if you wanna here my BIL go to myspace/Charlie Heffley. Two awesome songwriter/singers right there. Who knows, maybe some of my work will be the next latest and greatest love song. Maybe I'll be singing. Possibilities are endless....
I've also been tossing around those Homesteading class ideas. I have what I need to teach the class, well, almost everything except a space. I'd love to teach them in my barn....too cold, not enough walls. So I need a place. I will contact my local library after the holidays. Wish me luck! Obviously, I'm going to do Seed Saving first as that's what I know the most about. So...we'll see how it goes.
Okay, I've wasted enough Maven space. HOpe that everyone is doing well. I miss you all. Keep in touch!

Dawn #279
MJ's Heirloom Mavens-QMD
www.onefunkyfarmgirl.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2009 :  11:41:58 AM  Show Profile
Once the holiday gatherings are behind us I think you'll see many coming out of "winter hibernation" and talking again about seeds, gardening, and seed saving/preservation.

~I Dream of a Better World..where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned!~
blogs:http://gardengoose.blogspot.com/
and http://thevictorygardener.blogspot.com
magazine: www.stliving.net
etsy shops: http://GardenGooseGifts.etsy.com
and http://myvictorygarden.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2009 :  1:11:56 PM  Show Profile
I feel as if I'm closing a chapter in my life. My run with Mj's is thru I think. Got me thru some tough spots in my life thats for sure. Take care everyone. After this post, I'm deleting the forum from my faves. I've had good times and not so good times here on the talk show. What I love most is being able to post from my heart. Saying what I mean and meaning what I say. I never did care for the smack that goes on 'between the lines'. Love ya'll. Be good and one last time...
KEEP YER SKIRTS DOWN!

Dawn #279
MJ's Heirloom Mavens-QMD
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2009 :  1:13:50 PM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
Me too, adios.

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Planting Zone 4

Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2009 :  2:00:01 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
I have been reading this post and it so reminded me of the poem called A reason, A season, A lifetime:

"A Reason A Season and A Lifetime"© author unknown.
People always come into you life for a reason, a season and a lifetime. When you figure out which it is, you know exactly what to do.

When someone is in your life for a REASON, it is usually to meet a need you have expressed outwardly or inwardly. They have come to assist you through a difficulty, or to provide you with guidance and support, to aid you physically, emotionally, or even spiritually. They may seem like a Godsend to you, and they are. They are there for a reason, you need them to be.

Then, without any wrong doing on your part or at an inconvenient time, this person will say or do something to bring the relationship to an end. Sometimes they die, Sometimes they just walk away. Sometimes they act up or out and force you to take a stand. What we must realize is that our need has been met, our desire fulfilled; their work is done. The prayer you sent up has been answered and it is now time to move on.

When people come into your life for a SEASON, it is because your turn has come to share, grow or learn. They may bring you an experience of peace or make you laugh. They may teach you something you have never done. They usually give you an unbelievable amount of joy. Believe it! It is real! But, only for a season. And like Spring turns to Summer and Summer to Fall, the season eventually ends.

Lifetime, relationships teach you a lifetime of lessons; those things you must build upon in order to have a slid emotional foundation. Your job is to accept the lesson, love the person/people (anyway); and put what you have learned to use in all other relationships and areas in your life. It is said that love is blind but friendship is clairvoyant. Thank you for being part of my life....

This poem has helped me over so many hurdles in my life. It has taught me to be thankful for all those that come and those that come and go... It challenges me to spend the time needed to figure out what catagory they belong to and give them their proper place and in doing you can get to a positive place.

I have also found, that those things that come for a life time, require a committment. They are those two sided walks... that have a healthy give and take. They dont consume us, we give back in a way that keeps them healthy and we get what we need.

Maven's like farmgirls arent things that come and go... rather something that has always been and will always be.... it is a meeting of like minded women, who can step into their own power to change the lives of those around them.. No beginning, no end..

So to all the maven's out there.... I am still here.. I had a great season of learning, a great season of doing, and of harvesting and now a season of waiting for the next season to arrive... So glasses up to all those that came for a reason......for a season...... and for a lifetime.....CHEERS!

Rene'Groom~
Sisterhood Coordinator

Farmgirl Sister #185
www.Twitter.com/ReneGroom
www.renesnaturallyspeaking.blogspot.com

Edited by - ruralfarmgirl on Nov 30 2009 5:58:43 PM
Go to Top of Page

gspringman
True Blue Farmgirl

387 Posts

Gail
Bonanza Oregon
USA
387 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2009 :  5:28:37 PM  Show Profile  Send gspringman a Yahoo! Message
Here! Here! Great poem and well put Rene.

Gail
Farmgirl #486

grammasladybug@blogspot.com
klamathfallscharmingchicks@blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Sue Feely
True Blue Farmgirl

1044 Posts

Sue
Buffalo New York
USA
1044 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2009 :  8:50:16 PM  Show Profile
Please don't leave, we love you! Really!

Sue
Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2009 :  07:53:51 AM  Show Profile
And I love you too. Its not that I'm leaving out of anger, or disappointment. I'm leaving to spread my wings and "be". And learn and do and create. Think of it as a respite. I'm growing. In my heart, I AM a farmgirl. To the core. It's in my blood. But I know now that I don't need a crutch. I've gained life lessons here. Its time to put them to work. I cannot be consumed with keeping up with everyone else, or swaps, or chats, I want to live outside of the realm of cyber Mary Jane. I want to incorporate my MaryJane-isms into real life time and substance. Its time for this bird to leave her nest. Onto the next conquest, journey or story. I know I'm stronger and better for time spent here and people met here. Thats all I'm trying to say!

Dawn #279
MJ's Heirloom Mavens-QMD
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2009 :  10:15:20 AM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
I guess I should explain also, I didn't mean to be so abrupt, I saw that Dawn was leaving and I didn't have much time to be on the computer at the time. Anyway, I had been thinking about it, but wasn't quite sure how to go about it as we didn't have a queen to tell. I feel pretty much the same as Dawn. Y'all filled a huge gap in my life when I needed it and I will always be grateful for that. Also I have come away from here with some really great friends, and you can never have too many friends, right? It is just time that I leave the cyber farm world to live in the real farm world and I don't have the time to be on the computer if I am going to actually live my life. So, that is why it is adios amigas. Have a great life and may you always have peace within yourselves.

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Planting Zone 4

Go to Top of Page

Sue Feely
True Blue Farmgirl

1044 Posts

Sue
Buffalo New York
USA
1044 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2009 :  6:18:59 PM  Show Profile
Ah you guys (girls) Whaa i am really, really sad, really. You know us juniors need someone to look up to!

Please keep in touch, you two, send me or us an e-mail or call. You know where we are....

Best of luck in all pursuits!!!

Sue
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2009 :  08:19:35 AM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Hey mavens,
Funny thing. I was just sitting here sucking on sunflower seeds (as I woke up feeling crappy), and it occured to me... these arent just any sunflower seeds... these are OUR sunflower seeds... I planted them, they decorated my whole yard and now they are helping my sore throat... Sweet! happy December Mavens...

Rene'Groom~
Sisterhood Coordinator

Farmgirl Sister #185
www.Twitter.com/ReneGroom
www.renesnaturallyspeaking.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

farmmommy
True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Kelley
Texas
USA
500 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2009 :  1:32:18 PM  Show Profile
Wow........So much happens on here when you move, get rid of your internet, then hop back into things...i notice that there has not been any posts here since December 2, and that some Mavens are gone....are there Still Mavens here, or did everyone just abandon the cause? Sure do miss the great conversation that went on here with the mavens!! Hope to still see ya'll on the other threads! Happy Holidays and love to all.....Kelley

http://cockadoodledewberries.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2009 :  3:47:57 PM  Show Profile
I am never abandoning the cause.I'm here just a quiet person sometimes.

~I Dream of a Better World..where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned!~
blogs:http://gardengoose.blogspot.com/
and http://thevictorygardener.blogspot.com
magazine: www.stliving.net
etsy shops: http://GardenGooseGifts.etsy.com
and http://myvictorygarden.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2009 :  5:01:28 PM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
I am as dedicated to heirloom seeds as I ever was...it's just now it's time for the "doing", instead of just talkin' about it. Merry Christmas to all of you!

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Planting Zone 4

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 46 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Maven Teatime Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page