Page: of 46

marcy jo
True Blue Farmgirl

453 Posts

Marcy
Wawaka Indiana
USA
453 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2009 :  10:32:06 AM  Show Profile  Send marcy jo a Yahoo! Message
My daughter is having a tough time finding a job. Its so hard for teenagers. She has one waiting when she turns 18 but thats not til April. In the mean time she still has bills to pay to she is doing odd chores for me to earn the money.

I too, am ready for my Maven wintertime chats. Theres not too much to do after the holidays but plan for spring and that doesnt take all that much time. We all have grown and spread our wings and now we just have to continue on our path so we reach our goals as individuals and as a group.

Marcy #257

http://marcysmarket.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2009 :  8:19:57 PM  Show Profile
Any body done their fall planting . I have garlic and onions to go in and some flower blubs. DH has made my garden even bigger and I am already looking for some new vegs to go in. I know there will be more cabbage and another try with brussel sprouts and my neighbor and I have an ongoing game of the bigest pumpkin. He won this year 157 pounds.
diana

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2009 :  6:26:13 PM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
I already have my garlic planted, mulched, and hidden from the chickens :)

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Planting Zone 4

"Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly." The Dalai Lama
Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2009 :  06:20:30 AM  Show Profile
omg... I thought I'd NEVER find the teatime again!!! I have so much to post its unreal....first of all, yes. I am up to my ears in Whoopie Pies. I made a batch for a friend, she took them to work and now I've got more orders than I know what to do with. I always knew that people liked my cooking/baking but never really thought of it as a money making opportunity. Wow.....I've also got my little shed all decorated and filled to the brim with farmgirl inspired goodies. This wknd I was open and had some really big sales! It just re-inforces the fact that whether its handmade or just 'farm-y' type things, people are really into it right now! My homemade laundry soap is flying off the shelves! I also started a website. I'm hoping to reach a lot f people with Heirloom Seed info thru that. I also have a full page of Whoopies, a craft-y type page and I'm gonna get in a HOmespun Holiday page soon. I'm tired of second guessing myself and tired of getting the shaft so I just forged full steam ahead and did it.
The chili cook out was a blast! No farmgirls made it. The weather was goofy but we all had some Apple Pie Moonshine and hung out by the bonfire and didn't notice the drizzle or cold at all! Shine will do that.....lol! My dd came up with her bestie Maddy and they were taking turns pulling eachother in the radio flyer wagon. It was hilarious!
I've also been invloved in some major swaps! I got rid of sooooo much Longaberger and got a lot of goodies in return. Thats been pretty exciting! I also have the Mitten Tree in full effect----without a tree. I have all the donations strung on a string with clothespins until I get a tree!
Then there's the hubsters. I am so in love with my husband....he's just been FANTASTIC about this whole endeavor! My one HOT, deere man! Today is his birthday and he wants.....cheeseburgers and tater tots for dinner! lmao! Gotta love 'em!
As far as the Queen goes. The only thing that gets to me is the feeling of obligation to post. And to make the posts worthy of your time. I feel as if I've slipped away from the forum and that made me feel bad. Like, I should 'be' here for you. But Rene' said it very well. We are not just "talking the talk", we are "walking the walk". We no longer feel the need to discuss grand plans, we are fulfilling them. I just thought maybe if I stepped down, someone else may have some brilliant new direction to take us in. I am more than happy to continue to lead it up...but I'm still in favor of the KISS method. I cannot and do not have the time I had before to post in the Bulletin Board. I'm growing and stretching my wings here and if that's alright with ya'll....then it's alright with me. If someone else wants to head 'er up. Then I'm in favor of that too.
on another note: I have nothing planted for fall. I don't know if I will. I want to see about fixing the barn up to make it into a 'work shop' complete with an upstairs classroom for Homesteading Classes. Its got to be functional (for animals) yet practical enought to host a small class of 15 comfortably. I was thinking of having the classes up in the loft, but then I couldn't allot that opportunity to handicap individuals because of steps. So you see, I have a lot to think about.
I miss you gals terribly (RubyJune) and wish ya'll a Happy Fall!

Dawn #279
MJ's Heirloom Mavens-QMD
http://www.harvestthymefarm.vpweb.com
~I'd rather be on my farm than Emperor of the World~George Washington
Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2009 :  05:44:18 AM  Show Profile
Today is my dd's 17th birthday! Time goes way too fast! Going to surprise her by showing up after school in Columbus and taking her out to dinner. HAve a great day ladies!

Dawn #279
MJ's Heirloom Mavens-QMD
Go to Top of Page

farmmommy
True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Kelley
Texas
USA
500 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2009 :  1:05:59 PM  Show Profile
wow! everyone has been just as busy as the other!! I have missed so much since we moved!

hope everyone is doing good!

Well...we found a BEAUTIFUL and wonderful place!! 18 acres with a 2 acre lake and an adorable, roomy, bright cottage style farmhouse!!!! magnolia trees, tulip trees, dogwoods and red bud trees everywhere! we have thick woods and pine dappled meadows..it's just great! Huge area for an heirloom garden next spring and another huge area for an heirloom flower garden! it already has a couple of grapevines and 2 huge walnut trees that have given us some YUMMY walnuts already...plus lots of persimmons!!! We are very, very happy...but still trying to get settled in...we don't have the internet yet...dial up may be our only option, so i'm deciding what to do, until then I'll just have to come to rown and use my moms computer.

http://cockadoodledewberries.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

farmmommy
True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Kelley
Texas
USA
500 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2009 :  1:58:21 PM  Show Profile
oops!!... lol!

So...anyhow, come spring, I'll be in heirloom seed paradise with all my seeds and all my land!! i will no longer be limited to grow because of the lack of space!!! i've already started my rose garden with 9 heirloom roses that i practically stole frome a wholesaler in Tyler!!! I'm just so excited!!!

Anyhow, I hope that all is good for everyone here! Sounds like everyone is busy....hopefully i'll have my internet situation figured out soon and be back on here keeping up with everyone, but until then....

http://cockadoodledewberries.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

homemom
True Blue Farmgirl

1593 Posts

Ruth
Warwick RI
USA
1593 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2009 :  3:24:46 PM  Show Profile
Good evening, mavens!!

Busy days here. I think we have had an appt. almost everyday this month. Ortho appts. twice this month, well visits with the kids, haircuts, art classes every week, vet visits~the list goes on and on. We did take the day Monday to go on a field trip to John Adams Historical Park. It was wonderful. Before going the kids and I watched the HBO John Adams mini series that we borrowed from the library. It was so well done. We enjoyed all 8 1/2 hours of it!!

I have garlic that came from Seed Savers and I need to get that planted. I need to clean up the garden a bit and figure out where I want to plant the garlic.

I made spaghetti sauce with some of our tomatoes. It wasn't a lot but I have three full jars in the freezer. I want to plant more things in the garden next year.

I hope you are all doing well. I think of you all often especially whenever I am doing anything with the garden.

Ruth

Living the farm life in my heart.
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/Ruth
http://farmgirlinmyheart.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2009 :  4:42:48 PM  Show Profile
I still have 30 or so tomatoes turning red on my counter. I think I will make one more batch of sauce and call it good. I havent had a chance to plant the garlic but I will go out soon. I am so spoiled with the home grown garlic I just can't not have any.

Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page

marcy jo
True Blue Farmgirl

453 Posts

Marcy
Wawaka Indiana
USA
453 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2009 :  07:40:16 AM  Show Profile  Send marcy jo a Yahoo! Message
Well I got my garlic planted last weekend and theres some carrots in the dirt still I will leave them til spring just to see what happens. I did get about 5 turnips and dd was thrilled. I just didnt have the time to work the August planting but did enjoy the radishes!! I still have apples to can and things to sew. In two weeks my dd and I are off to Indy to visit her college!! My oldest has stayed home and attended college but she will spread her wings... makes me sad and happy at the same time!!

Can you believe Christmas is only a few weeks away? I only have a few ideas for the kiddos but can spend all day at work thinking up new ideas!!

I also need to organize my time better with everything I have going on there just is not enough time to get it all done!

The beans came down and hubby is gearing up to get the surveyor out on the land. We really need to get the farm built by next Fall, with every rain storm or even week we are finding more things wrong with our rental and just need to get going on it.

Marcy #257

http://marcysmarket.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2009 :  07:48:48 AM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
Hi Mavens, hopefully when the mail comes today I will have 5 packages of mini-aprons to add to the 4+mine, package to divy up between everyone because today is the dealine to have them to me!

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Planting Zone 4

Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2009 :  4:00:38 PM  Show Profile
Marcy: how dare you utter the "c" word!

Dawn #279
MJ's Heirloom Mavens-QMD
Go to Top of Page

Tammyb
True Blue Farmgirl

511 Posts

Tammy
Bluffton Ohio
USA
511 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2009 :  6:19:03 PM  Show Profile
I have been reading some of these posts... to much fun. I have been off line for about a week while getting ready to marry off the middle daughter. A harvest Halloween wedding was beautiful and so much fun. Then to make the weekend even more special I learned that I'm joining the Grandma club in May 2010 ( thank you oldest daughter). All that said .... I still have carrots in the garden !!
Tammyb

Live to leave a legacy

Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2009 :  06:26:26 AM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMY GRACE

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Planting Zone 4

Go to Top of Page

Sue Feely
True Blue Farmgirl

1044 Posts

Sue
Buffalo New York
USA
1044 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2009 :  09:39:32 AM  Show Profile
Amy Grace -

Wishing you a very Happy Birthday!

Sue Feely
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2009 :  09:41:44 AM  Show Profile
Happy Birthday Amy Grace!!!!!!!!
May it be a sweet one full of love and joy!!!

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

Go to Top of Page

gspringman
True Blue Farmgirl

387 Posts

Gail
Bonanza Oregon
USA
387 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2009 :  6:38:25 PM  Show Profile  Send gspringman a Yahoo! Message
Happy birthday Amy Grace. hope you had a great day. Today is also my mom's birthday and she just turned 87.

Gail
Farmgirl #486

Edited by - gspringman on Nov 03 2009 6:43:36 PM
Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2009 :  05:33:17 AM  Show Profile
Happy belated AG. I was thinking of you a lot yesterday and time just escaped me. Not been feeling well lately and too much on my plate.

I'm taking a break from MJ for awhile. I am personally offended by some of the newbies conceit and need to get my head on straight before I get eliminated from the forum for good. I just may not be in the mood for a day or maybe for longer. I am very tired. Take care friends and I will see//write to you soon.

Dawn #279
MJ's Heirloom Mavens-QMD
Go to Top of Page

homemom
True Blue Farmgirl

1593 Posts

Ruth
Warwick RI
USA
1593 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2009 :  07:27:02 AM  Show Profile
Happy Belated Birthday, Amy Grace!!

I hope you had a wonderful day!!!

Dawn~sorry to hear about this. I hope you feel better soon.

Ruth

Living the farm life in my heart.
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/Ruth
http://farmgirlinmyheart.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Sue Feely
True Blue Farmgirl

1044 Posts

Sue
Buffalo New York
USA
1044 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2009 :  07:45:28 AM  Show Profile
Dawn -

Take a break, you do so much! Stay in bed, get some chicken soup and read a good book, treat yourself good!

Sue
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2009 :  07:57:47 AM  Show Profile
Dawn, take care sweetie *hugs* I DO know how you feel...

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

Go to Top of Page

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2009 :  08:07:43 AM  Show Profile
Ditto take care and see you on Facebook.

Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2009 :  07:01:44 AM  Show Profile
ha FB....i'm so addicted......

Dawn #279
MJ's Heirloom Mavens-QMD
Go to Top of Page

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2009 :  12:43:58 PM  Show Profile
Dawn I have not forgotten the barter I owe you I have been working on a project. Will up date when I get it in the mail.
Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page

RubyJunes
True Blue Farmgirl

246 Posts

June
Greenwich Ohio
USA
246 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2009 :  6:32:00 PM  Show Profile
Hello Maven Friends!
For some reason I am not able to post over in the Hen House, but I wanted to let Teresa Sue and those of you swapping mini aprons know that I will be sending yours out individually! I have had these sweet li'l aprons finished here in my studio, put them aside to mail out to TS, and then things got super hectic around here since my Michael's accident...completely forgot to send them out to her. Big thanks to Teresa Sue for organizing the swap! Thanks for your patience, I enjoyed making them for each of you, and look forward to receiving the ones each of you made!

I don't have much "me" time these days, so I miss visiting with all of you here on the forums, etc. Things will hopefully settle back into a routine of sorts soon...until then, big farmgirl hugs to each and every one of you!

June
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 46 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Maven Teatime Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page