Page: of 46

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2009 :  10:34:31 AM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Hey Kelley! If they dont post that picture publically will you send it to me :)

Rene'Groom
the artist formerly known as Prince. I mean PROSSERFARMGIRL (that will only be funny to some).
Sister #185

www.MaryJanesFarm.com/RFBlog/
www.Twitter.com/RuralFarmgirl
www.RuralandRaw.blogspot.com
www.RuralFarmGirl.blogspot.com
www.FarmGirlsFarm.blogspot.com

Circumstances made us FRIENDS; MaryJane's has made us SISTERS :)
Go to Top of Page

farmmommy
True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Kelley
Texas
USA
500 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2009 :  11:10:43 AM  Show Profile
hey rene'...i sure will send ya a copy (if they are brave enough to take the pic)....LOL

hey ya'll..I FINALLY took some pics of my flowers with a real camera instead of my camera phone, and they are really good...I just posted them on my blog...go take a look...plus there is a pic of some of my silly spoiled chickens "Swingin' In the Rain"....LMBO~~~~~~ !!!!!!! Get it??? the song "Singin' In the Rain"...LOL!!! Ok...maybe it's just me...tee-hee

http://cockadoodledewberries.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2009 :  11:32:04 AM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Kelley~ I saw them, they look awesome.

Rene'Groom
the artist formerly known as Prince. I mean PROSSERFARMGIRL (that will only be funny to some).
Sister #185

Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2009 :  11:33:11 AM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
OH wait... I mean your pictures on your blog.. Not Thelma and Louise! LOL ( although I am sure they look awesome as well)

Rene'Groom
Sister #185

Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2009 :  11:34:11 AM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Hey.. If all the MAVENS send me pictures of themselves I will make a collage and post it :)

Rene'Groom
Sister #185

Go to Top of Page

farmmommy
True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Kelley
Texas
USA
500 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2009 :  12:10:40 PM  Show Profile
lol....rene'...don't laugh...but I'm so crnfused....what are we, you, I talking about??....lol

Go to Top of Page

farmmommy
True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Kelley
Texas
USA
500 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2009 :  12:12:10 PM  Show Profile
oh..rene'..a collage is a great idea!!!

Go to Top of Page

homemom
True Blue Farmgirl

1593 Posts

Ruth
Warwick RI
USA
1593 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2009 :  12:21:33 PM  Show Profile
Kelley~What a great post about you and being on auto-pilot as a wife and falling back in love with your husband. It's so true. It has happened here recently as things have been a bit crazy and he has been my rock. Sorry to hear about the stomach bug.

Dawn~I hope you are feeling better. I can't wait to see pics of your garden. I will have to update the pics of my garden.

I don't know where all the time is going. It's hard to believe that it's almost time to start school again.

We have been working on getting all our school things together, I have been trying to make lesson plans and getting ideas for fun field trips we can take.

I finally have some tomatoes turning red in the garden, plenty of beans and some squash. Everything is a little behind because of the weather.

Alee~those cupcakes sure sounded yummy!!

Teresa Sue~How is everything going?

On Tuesday, it was 90 degrees here and high humidity and our central air clonked out. Good thing it was only a fuse. We had to wait until the next morning but they came and fixed it. They told us it would be $125 just for the guy to look at it. It was $170 with the two fuses. Could have been worse. Had some more trouble with the computer and it was down for a couple of days.

Ruth

Living the farm life in my heart.
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/Ruth
http://farmgirlinmyheart.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

homemom
True Blue Farmgirl

1593 Posts

Ruth
Warwick RI
USA
1593 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2009 :  12:25:04 PM  Show Profile
I would love a mentor too. No one I know IRL is interested in anything like this. When I tell them about what I'm doing they look at me like I'm growing a second head. I wish I could have someone here to teach me to garden, save seeds and can. Right now I am just winging it and not all of it's pretty.

Ruth

Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2009 :  1:09:13 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Kelley,
Wouldnt it be fun?

Rene'Groom
Sister #185

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2009 :  1:38:32 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Thanks Ruth! They are a little too yummy if you know what I mean! LOL

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2009 :  2:55:30 PM  Show Profile
Rene" PRINCE! HIlARIOUS! I've got tears streaming down my face.... all ya gotta do is the hand motions to " Iwould Die 4U"....hahahahah..

Yes, we need a maven commune... come on over, Jerry can sleep up the road at dads. Ruth, we need to figure out how far we are from eachother. Maybe we can meet half way.

Kelley, I swear, NO ONE makes me laugh like you do... except June.... I needed a belly laugh! We will try to call you on our "excellent adventure"....

Annika, AG, Diana, TS, and my west coast homies, you have no idea how homesick I am for you guys!!!

Dawn #279
MJ's Heirloom Mavens-QMD
http://harvestthyme.blogspot.com
http://maknfaces.blogspot.com
~Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. --Will Rogers~
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2009 :  6:55:07 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Hey Kelley~ I noticed that you are NOT in the state of Confusion, silly girl.. you are in Texas (although I hear TX is so big~ maybe you just thought you were in that "state") LOL

Dawn~ the fact that you got that ( Prince) means you are sooooo OLD! Oh wait I mean retro... oh I mean Vintage LOL

Rene'Groom
Sister #185

Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2009 :  7:38:48 PM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
I'm confused. Why did you change your username Rene'?

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Planting Zone 4

"Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly." The Dalai Lama
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2009 :  9:13:48 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
TS ~ http://www.maryjanesfarm.com/snitz/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=34705

Rene'Groom
Sister #185

Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2009 :  06:13:40 AM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Hey Thelma/Louise,
We are waiting to hear all about your "excellent adventures". I am hoping to get out this weekend myself and see something other than my office and key board. Do you guys that attended Farm Fair remember Jennifer Hall SHe spoke about the Main Market Co-Op and the Slow Food USA? ANyway they are hosting a benfit fundraiser for the Main Market next Thursday, I will post a thread about that. If your local you might want to come and if you arent local then check out their web.

Rene'Groom
Sister #185

Go to Top of Page

homemom
True Blue Farmgirl

1593 Posts

Ruth
Warwick RI
USA
1593 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2009 :  08:44:18 AM  Show Profile
Good morning!

I have been running around and getting this house clean and gave the dog a bath. What fun!! LOL

Dawn~I would love to meet you half way. I don't have a clue how far we are from each other.

I really need to get some laundry detergent made, make lunch, and then we are heading out to the library, post office and Staples for some school supplies.

Tonight I have to work. On Sunday we have a fun carnival to go to. It's a fundraiser for someone dh works with.

That's all we have going on.

Ruth

Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2009 :  09:30:01 AM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Ruth sounds like your weekend is a fun yet busy one. I decided I needed to get out of the office and blow the dust up.. So I am headed out to the field where my dad is cutting wheat. I have my pen and camera, so I am all set. I love spending time with my dad... I also love getting my jeans and work boots on and taking my turn around the field a few times. Not really like a carnival ride.. but I dont get sick... so thats good! LOL

Rene'Groom
Sister #185

Go to Top of Page

farmmommy
True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Kelley
Texas
USA
500 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2009 :  3:13:42 PM  Show Profile
ya'll HAVE, HAVE to check out my blog and see the pics of the mini travel trailer my father in law made for me!!! So stinkin' CUTE!! I LOVE it, it is an exact replica of my trailer!!!

Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2009 :  05:08:59 AM  Show Profile
Ahh...the sweet memories of a weekend of laughter. I don't think June and I stopped from the minute I picked her up...She was wearing these bright red 1950's glasses with rhinestones and looked sooooo June Cleaver! We drove 3 hours to Springfield Ohio where we purused the Antique Malls. There, again, was no hat safe from my head. I was a Mariachi singer, a big band leader, Abe Lincoln, Little House on the praire, Mae West with a big boa. And of course I re-enacted all of it. The muzak in the malls was all 1950's-1960's and I astounded June with my vast knowledge of EVERY WORD of every song. Hee hee... I do think she'll be listening to oldies anytime soon. As far as goodies, June SCORED! She got a box of vintage linens for $5, it must weigh 20lbs, 2 adorable quilts for her camper..."Pearl". And a few other items. I picked up a bowl in cheery yellow, a vintage tablecloth (for whenever I get my own camper) and a pair of S&P shakers in that aluminum that used to be so popular way back when. Lora got me a tumbler and pitcher set. They are all cleaned up and ready to take up residence in my camper. We must've walked miles but it was oh so fun! Poor June had to endure my So Southern father....and his wacky girlfriend. It made for an interesting 3 days for sure! Now it's back to real life, and that means a chiropractic appt for me soon. Have a great day and we'll catcha on the flip side!

Dawn #279
MJ's Heirloom Mavens-QMD
~Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. --Will Rogers~
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2009 :  07:14:26 AM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Dawn~
Sounds perfect of course there is something missing from your story ME~~~~ :(

Rene'Groom
Sister #185

Go to Top of Page

farmmommy
True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Kelley
Texas
USA
500 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2009 :  10:36:28 AM  Show Profile
Dawn - sounds like you had an awesome weekend! Yay!
We had an eventful weekend...I started a separate post already, but I'm gonna say it again here...CPR SAVES LIVES!! Sterling had to administer CPR to a gentleman yesterday that had drowned and had no pulse and wasn't breathing..He was so blue and stiff, I really didn't think he was going to live...but the Lord works in mysterious ways! Sterling was able to revive the man! We found out after the fact that the CPR Certification guidelines have changed since we were certified 15 plus years ago! What was so sad, is that there were around 4 dozen by standers on the beach, and close to 20 of them were friends or aquaintances atleast of this gentleman...yet out of so many people...only 1 knew CPR...Sterling. I was certified in CPR years ago...but I went blank...absolutely BLANK when they found the gentleman and drug him to shore....I don't know...the shock of seeing a lifeless human I think is what caused my "blankness"....anyhow....Sterling and I are going to be re-certified with the new guidlines ASAP....and hope that all of you mavens will also concider being re-certified as well. The big lesson here is that you never know what is going to happen, when CPR may need to be given...Everything has been "weird" for us since this happened yesterday afternoon...Just the shock of so many people not even beginning to know what to do, the schock that Sterling reviving him, the shock that it could have been one of us, the shock that "what if we would have left 30 minutes earlier like we had planned?" I understand that most of us will never even be presented with such a situation in our lifetime, but should it happen, we should be prepared...it is LITERALLY a matter of life and death. We haven't heard anything about the status of the gentleman, all we know is that he was breathing and his pulse came back...nothing else, we dont have a clue how long he was under or even how it happened (the beach area is a swimming area that isn't really "deep")...no one that was with him would or could say anything, no one even knew if he could swim, if he had been drinking or not, if he had any health and or medical issues...they could only provide his name and age...not sure if it was out of shock or if they simply didn't know him that well..we didn't even find out which hospital they were taking him to. We just know that we are praying that he fully recovers.

I know it's a bit of a depressing post...but the incident really hit home...and please Mavens...atleast concider being re-certified in CPR!

Thanks, Kelley

Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2009 :  10:41:55 AM  Show Profile
I am totally certified in CPR as well as first aid and I can use a defib. There is no such thing as too little education about anything!

Dawn #279
MJ's Heirloom Mavens-QMD
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2009 :  1:34:26 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Kelley and Dawn~
Me too, just went through and got my card up to snuff & got trained on the de-fib right before Farm Fair~ just in case. You just never know. MY 12 year old son Matthew had to use the hymlick on me ( for real) a few days ago. I popped in a handful of Organic/RAW peanuts and got one stuck in my air pipes. I fought for several minutes, but then felt like I was going to pass out.. he walked me over to the short wall leaned me into it and shoved hard.... out it popped. He was in tears, I was in tears.... but boy was I so proud of him.. needless to say he wont let me have peanuts... He put them all in the processor and made peanut butter.. little smarty pants...I can't recalling ever being so thankful for AIR...

Rene'Groom
Sister #185

Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2009 :  6:06:34 PM  Show Profile
good gracious sakes alive Rene"..you stay safe gal! glad your son was nearby and quick/smart thinking on his part.
Kelley: glad your husband and you were there to assist that gentleman..I'm sure his family and friends are very grateful to you both.what a thing to have gone through though.
----------------
hope everyone is doing well though this week...staying healthy and happy.

~I Dream of a Better World..where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned!~
blogs:http://gardengoose.blogspot.com/
and http://thevictorygardener.blogspot.com
magazine: www.stliving.net
etsy shops: http://GardenGooseGifts.etsy.com
and http://myvictorygarden.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 46 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Maven Teatime Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page