Page: of 46

Corinnelouise
True Blue Farmgirl

957 Posts

Corinne
France
957 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2009 :  11:12:58 PM  Show Profile
Dawn, hope the good time you've had at BBB is still in your mind and that you've found love and comfort from all the farmgirls you've met. so sorry by the way they gave you the final notice. You have plenty of dreams you can make true, good ideas and a lot of support. Roll up your sleeves and start. Just weeding, it is what it on for today, you keep your hand busy but your mind can work and prepare. You wanted off to do something better, even if it cam as a big surprise, now you can start bigger.
Amy, thank you thank you thank you for the beautiful apron you've made for me, I like it A LOT. And that was such a great surprise.
Annika, take care of your dad but of yourself as well, tending and caring for ailing parents is a difficult and emotional work.
In our pocket garden we have green pepers coming out beautiful, it is a sort we eat raw in salad, I picked up 8 just yesterday, the heirloom tomatoes are like little balls right now, the eggplant are large and all white (italian heirloom) and the melon keeps making flowers but each of them has fallen until now. We haveing nights by 50 F only and at the moment the day temperatures are only in the mid 70, quite unusual for this area but way better than Kuwait.
Teresa Sue, Diana, Marcy, Gail, Lora, Alee, and all the farmgirls, good to see you here.
Have a great day,
Corinne

Sister # 101
'Heaven on Earth' is a choice you must make, not a place you must find.
Dr. Wayne Dyer

Edited by - Corinnelouise on Jul 09 2009 11:13:21 PM
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2009 :  11:47:04 PM  Show Profile
Dawn, so sorry to hear about the job, but..you mentioned having loads of ideas that you were going to write down on the plane on the way home/ideas to make your farm/farm stand a viable source of income for you.Sometimes things like this come along to give us a push in the direction our hearts need to go anyhow...and it sounds to me like your dreams focus around the farm...I hope that you'll seize upon this oppurtunity and look for the silver lining in it and go after your dreams.I wish for you the very best.
------------------
on another note..we had a house showing today..our 3rd/but our first since lowering the price on the house on Monday..we got a call yesterday just 3 days after reducing the price and had the showing today..the first showing we had the folks were in and out in about 5 minutes, the second showing they were in and out in about 20 minutes, but this time the folks looked over everything and were here for nearly an hour and a half! They left talking about what they were going to do, what elements in the house they were going to keep, etc. So..it sounds/looks like we may get an offer coming in soon.(Oh I hope so!!)The lady made a comment on the kids room/the room where I have some pretty butterfly decals on the wall..and she said.."I am sooo keeping those butterflies in that room".
So..typically folks don't talk like that unless they aim to make an offer.
So..we shall see...I know I have grown weary of cleaning and cleaning and making sure things are "just so" for this whole "house for sale" thing that I will be more than ready..shoot I AM more than ready to have this over and done with.Kind of burnt out feeling on the whole "everything up in the air" kind of thing.
-----------
The house in Ocala that we had been waiting on word about..well that wound up being a mess..but it was nice to find out ahead of time..the owner was trying to be sneaky about things/problems with the property that's why we kept being put off about it...but now we have word on a few brand new homes in the area in a very good area that are going to be auctioned..so we may wind up getting bid in on one...we shall see.But a house will be there when we need it to be.
------------
and on the heirloom seed front..I had been reading about Monsanto and Dole committing/pairing up together for a 5 yr. contract/deal to begin modifying broccoli/lettuce/and creating an apple without spots and modifying a few other veggies as well..that the other day I said phooey and went seed shopping again..and wound up with nearly 3 pages full of heirloom seed varieties that I found/bought for my seed saving stash and gardens that I will have at new home.
----------
I do need to find some good heirloom fruit seeds though for berries and so forth..and will begin the hunt for some things along those lines soon.
--------------
Oh..and gals..if you can get your hands on the latest issue of "Country Living" ..do so..it has an article in the back of the magazine that features a lady that has a nice sized organic garden..but..the great thing is they included the plans/layout on the garden..a 90 ft. by 55 ft. garden..or 4,950 sq ft. It has 28 raised beds in the garden.
And it only takes up 1/10th of an acre I think is what it equated out to be..I think is what it was.But it gives one a very good plan/starting point for creating/converting one's own yard into an "edible landscape"
-------------------
Oh..and umm..I have one of my photos featured in the latest issue of "Mary Jane's Farm"..page 64.:0)
The article titled "Corn Crazy" that is my daughter Naomi's hands holding the corn, and her wearing an apron she made from some fabric a farm girl gave to her.:0)
---------------
And let's see what else is new? ..oh I have had a few of my articles published in "The Country Register" a newspaper that is available across the U.S, and Canada..they offer them at antique shops and country stores and specialty boutiques. Anyhow..I am excited about that also.
----------------
Oh, and I'm at post 500 on my blog and have posted a give away over there in case you get a chance to stop by.
-------------
That's all for now..sorry to have been long winded.

~I Dream of a Better World..where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned!~
blogs:http://gardengoose.blogspot.com/
and http://thevictorygardener.blogspot.com
magazine: www.stliving.net
etsy shops: http://GardenGooseGifts.etsy.com
and http://myvictorygarden.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2009 :  05:32:49 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Congrats on the promising house showing! I am sure it will be nice to have the house sell!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2009 :  05:55:29 AM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
Good luch with the house Tina.

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Planting Zone 4

"Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly." The Dalai Lama
Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2009 :  08:28:46 AM  Show Profile
Yeah tina! Good Luck!

I fear that we have a sad Maven. If anyone has the time to drop Kelley Swan a note of encouragement, I know it'd bring her around.

I've been poking around in our henhouse a little. Please don't forget that part of Maven-hood. I don't want to lose our chapter because we are not active.

Speaking of Maven-dom, I feel like we've dropped the ball. Harvest time (or thyme lol...) is around the corner and we need to be thinking of saving seed. If you would like, send me your seeds and I will catalog it and file it away for spring. I am also hoping to become a distributor for Baker Creek. So keep tht in mind as well.

I think I have the hubsters talked into a milking cow! I'm thrilled!

Thank you for all the kind words about my job. Funny thing, I woke up this morning to birds singing and the sun shining, and it ain't all that bad anymore. One foot in front of the other is all we can do. Right? So I'm planning my first class for August. I don't know what the theme will be but it's in my mind. I want to do seed saving for Septmember. Oh, I guess most of you don't know what the Sam Hill I'm talking about. I'm starting HOmesteading Classes at my farm. I really believe that I need to teach and show our farmgirl legacy to others. I'm hoping it works out.

Okay, I'm long winded too.... I really need to get some work done today. HAve a farmgirly day!

Dawn #279
MJ's Heirloom Mavens-QMD
http://harvestthyme.blogspot.com
~the only thing for certain, is uncertainty~
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2009 :  2:09:45 PM  Show Profile
well, they put in an offer so now the negotiations start/if all goes well and things work out I/we should be in Ocala by mid September at the latest. We shall see..I am so beyond stressed right now..still have to find a house in Ocala as we don't have one lined up yet there..I know..breathe, breathe, breathe...Life will work out.Both excited and super nervous right now.

~I Dream of a Better World..where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned!~
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2009 :  3:16:10 PM  Show Profile
spending the day looking for houses online. and waiting to hear from the realtor this eve to talk about negotiations. whew..I have a feeling things are gonna be a whirlwind soon.

Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2009 :  2:51:19 PM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
good luck!

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Planting Zone 4

Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2009 :  5:19:09 PM  Show Profile
I'm plum wore out. Between peas, cabbage, flowers, and family I've had about enough. That and I've been trying to cook good dinners for the hubster. TS, I don't know how you do it. I also got my sewing room switched around. I put all the sewie stuff in the larger room so when June comes over we can both plunk down and create and not have to be stuffed in like sardines. In the smaller room, I kept my scrap stuff and a pad of paper in case I get a notion to write. It's a cute little nook.

I had to cancel the local meeting here this Saturday cuz I had plans that I cannot change, so I'm looking forward to seeing everyone on Aug 1.

Not much else happening. Praying for rain....

Dawn #279
MJ's Heirloom Mavens-QMD
Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2009 :  6:33:19 PM  Show Profile
We have the grandbaby over - she missed her nap today so I came in from weeding one bed and she and my husband were sleeping together on the couch - only took 5 minutes for the two of them to be out!
Amy Grace

Farmgirl #224
"use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without"
Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2009 :  05:16:02 AM  Show Profile
Aww! That's a kodak moment right there!

Dawn #279
MJ's Heirloom Mavens-QMD
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2009 :  05:43:40 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I don't think sleeping only 6.5 hours should be legal. I think Nora should have to go back to bed so I can go back to bed too! LOL

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2009 :  07:10:55 AM  Show Profile
Ahh, little girls and no sleep! Just wait til she turns 16 and sleeps CONSTANTLY! Have a splendid Sunday girls! I'm off to a tractor pull (only going cuz I was given permission to get a vintage enamel top table for my kitchen)....a farmgirl's charms ALWAYS win out!

Dawn #279
MJ's Heirloom Mavens-QMD
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2009 :  08:52:38 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Dawn- Yes Nora seems to have a unexhaustable battery. Yesterday she was running around playing and Dad just looked at me and said "Is she always like this and how she was at Farm Fair? Always going?" And I simply smiled and said "Yup!" And he said "But she hardly eats!"

It's so weird. Nora only eats a bite here and a bite there but wow- she has energizer batteries or something because she just doesn't ever stop going! She does sleep really hard though, I wish I slept that deeply and had that much energy!!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2009 :  07:04:14 AM  Show Profile
It's a phase Alee. I was once told by a Dr that childrens phases run in 3 month increments. Then they find another phase to fall into. So she's probably in a growth spurt. Load the frig now as you may have a hollow legged child soon!!!

It's a beautiful Monday in Ohio. Nice and cool. I just weeded and picked peas and then gather a bunch of barnwood to make into Santa's for a craft show. Yep, getting into the groove. June and I went to an antique store yesterday and I found the cutest enamel/porcelin topped table for $42!!! It's white with a royal blue diamond pattern on it and the store keep said she thought it's from the 20's or 30's. It looks perfect in my lower kitchen and I can't wait to take some pics of it. I just keep thinking of all the meals prepared on that table.... I'm so so happy that my hubster let me get it!

Today is a quick clean day for me. A quick once around the house and then it's up to my "inspiration studio" to make some goodies for my upcoming show schedule. I am truly happy at this moment, and for the first time in a long time, I feel that all is right in my world. Even last night I slept well. Usually I get sick on Sunday nights knowing I have to go to the hatchery in the morning, but not last night!

Girls, I cannot emphasize the power of positive thinking enough. I have been in the dark for so long and was sick and tired of it. I decided it was ME and ME alone that had the power to change my course of events and right then and there I decided to change. I know, I'm so giddy ya'll want to slap me don'tcha? However, I made a promise to look on the sunny side and it's been going pretty well. Okay, I'm done being all melancholy and dorky.

Have a splendiferous day.

Dawn #279
MJ's Heirloom Mavens-QMD
Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2009 :  6:30:26 PM  Show Profile
But we love melanocholy dorks:)
Things are okay here - rained all day so no weeding to be done, I'm feeling a little out of it, the grandbaby wasn't feeling well when she spent the night so I didn't get much sleep and it knocked me for a loop. I've been feeling light-headed for two days, hoping to feel somewhat intelligent soon....
Amy Grace

Farmgirl #224
"use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without"
Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2009 :  04:32:11 AM  Show Profile
AG: seeing your "artwork" has totally spurred me on to get one. In pin-up fashion to boot! I wish I would've taken pictures!

Okay, You west coast girls, please send some rain my way. Although I'm loving the 78 degree perfectly beautiful days, my garden is gasping from parchment.

Dawn #279
MJ's Heirloom Mavens-QMD
Go to Top of Page

RubyJunes
True Blue Farmgirl

246 Posts

June
Greenwich Ohio
USA
246 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2009 :  07:33:33 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning Mavens! Slow moving around here this morning! We just picked the silliest fat lil cucumber from our garden, I think he was bigger around than he was long! We do need rain, it's nice the lawn doesn't grow so fast, but watering the garden just isn't the same.

Dawn~artwork!? seriously!? wanna take me along,too?!

--June
Farmgirl #545
www.RubyJunes.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2009 :  1:06:30 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Dawn- I wish it were a phase- I think she is permanently set on "go". If she isn't running somewhere she is investigating or playing hard elsewhere. But I love it! It is an inspiration to me to be more active and strive harder. She sets a high bar for me to jump over!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

farmmommy
True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Kelley
Texas
USA
500 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2009 :  6:50:44 PM  Show Profile
Good Evening Mavens!! Yes, Dawn was right, I was a sad Maven for a bit, but things are perking up, thanks to my Deere Friend Dawn!..snort snot giggle giggle, get it?..lol...Anyhow, life can be a real mess sometimes, but that's what pink laundry soap is for, huh/..lol

Corinne- Thank You so very much for the sweet email you sent me, you seem to be such a soft, true, sweet soul~ It made me feel good to get an unexpected email from a Maven..thank you again!!

Tina...So glad that you got an offer, hope that you can find the perfect place!!

Alee- I've been where you are, and it probably is just a phase...My 2 YO and 4 YO now sleep 12 hours through the night!!! Yay!!! Well, actually, Emily (4) has been sleeping 12-14 hours throught the night since she was 8 weeks old.....but I'll quit bragging now..Sadler was a MUCH different story!!!

Amy Grace- Hope you are back to feeling intelligent soon...lol....Funny..I hope the same for myself also...lol

Teresa Sue - bet it's quite around there now that Dawn is gone...lol

June - I sure know what ya'll mean about rain..we are SUPOSSED to get some thunderstorms here Friday and Saturday which is supposed to give us a high of 86 for Fri and high of 90 for Saturday...ARE YOU KIDDING???? Weather like that is unheard of down here!!!! We won't believe it until we see it!!! If it really happens, we'll have to break out our sweaters!!...lol...

http://cockadoodledewberries.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2009 :  7:56:40 PM  Show Profile
well fiddlesticks..they offered in way too low then wound up finding a house much smaller and 20 grand lower than even their super low offer here. we later found out that they had a rookie agent that had wasted time showing 40-50 houses to these folks.bottom line is I don't think they even really had the moolah to be looking at this house on their list. really wish they had not wasted our time, but that's probably going to happen again unfortunately before this whole scenario is over..sigh. an up and down roller coaster ride. I'm just hanging on through it and hoping I don't get stressed out along the way.
It will all work out, meantime I'm learning patience...I hope anyhow.:0)
so back to square one once again.

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2009 :  9:26:34 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Hope the next people aren't time-wasters Tina! *hugs*

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2009 :  06:07:18 AM  Show Profile
Goooooood Morning! Gosh I hope it rains like heck today. Can't be on here long. I have a manicure and a massage to give today and I need to get things ready! Thank goodness people are still interested in that stuff, otherwise I'd lose all my hard earned knowledge! Haha! June, you are a lucky, lucky DUCK! ...quack....

Not much happening on the homestead today. I refuse to pick any veggies until it rains. My peas need to fatten up! I need to cull about 10 hens for butcher and I'm a bit sad about that as the ones that will be culled were my very first babies. But momma is hungry! And we are out of meat!

I'm trying to gain some inspiration for the studio today. Nothing is coming to me. I'm terrified to cut into fabric lest I waste it. I tried making the bloomers in the Raising Jane issue and I can't figure it out to save my life. TS: I think I'm hopeless even after all those lessons!

Dawn #279
MJ's Heirloom Mavens-QMD
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2009 :  06:21:50 AM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
Hang in there, Rome wasn't built in day, as they say, lol. Perhaps if you really want to do the sewing thing you should invest in one really good book that explains the basics. Believe me, in the beginning I spent many an hour sitting and staring at a pattern and instructions saying, "WTH?". LOL!

I finish organizing and cleaning my sewing room yesterday. It's done! No boxes to deal with "later", it's finis!!!! All ready for me to be creative in when fall comes, except now that is's done, I want to be in there, lol.

We had a doozy of a rain on Monday, started drying out yesterday. I worked at weeding in the garden last night while John worked on the chicken coop.

Today I'm going to go out and pick raspberries, they are gaining momentem and I'm beginning to be afraid, very afraid, hahaha. Cherries need picking also. Getting my hair cut today, yeah! Monday I'm going to the eye doc, new glasses, whoooohooooo!

Mowing at the cemetery Thur and Fri.

I probably won't be on here much, so much work to do in the garden, and I'll be starting to can soon. Everyone have a sparkly day.....and go lay in a hammock and enjoy the summer at least once before it's gone.

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Planting Zone 4

Edited by - Contrary Wife on Jul 15 2009 06:23:48 AM
Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2009 :  06:24:13 AM  Show Profile
NO thanks on the hammock...those things are DANGEROUS! LMAO!

Dawn #279
MJ's Heirloom Mavens-QMD
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 46 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Maven Teatime Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page