Page: of 46

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2009 :  5:26:39 PM  Show Profile
Happy Farm Fair, my fair ladies =D I hope you are all enjoying yourselves and buying lots of really cool things and having a splendid time meeting and greeting each other

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2009 :  6:19:11 PM  Show Profile
Big cheers! ...WOOOO-HOOOOOO! for all of MJF for putting on such a shin-dig as BB&B!!!! everyone had better promise to come next year! I had to leave at noon due to car issues, but loved going through and seeing so many talented farm ladies! hope to see more in coming years...I need a handicraft! I don't really have one but for writing, so I need something to do in my quiet time! maybe quilts....maybe tatting...I dunno yet!

Maybe next year we can have a Maven booth! "seeds, beads and sundries!" ...I'm just rattlin' girls, tell me what you think...we can kidnap (Mavennap???) Dawn this time to make her pretties and just be her wonderful self =)

I SO enjoyed my surreal time with all of the Mavens that came west! Dawn said it first. It was surreal! I love my Maven sisters but to meet a table full of them was awesome!!!! Let us all not be strangers and write/phone/email each other often.

The rest of my maven sisters...I CAN'T wait until we can all meet! THAT will be some good times comin!

Love you all
Blessings

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2009 :  6:08:38 PM  Show Profile
Annika: that explains it. I looked all over for you Sat. Met Alee, Julia Hayes and a few others. IF I make it out next year, I think a Maven booth would be a hoot. Yes, seeds and sundries sounds divine. Annika, I just love ya!

Diana, AmyGrace...my world will never be the same again! You two are priceless!
Okay, still in Wash, TS is cooking, and me thinks I should help. Talk to you later.

Dawn #279
MJ's Heirloom Mavens-QMD
http://harvestthyme.blogspot.com
~the only thing for certain, is uncertainty~
Go to Top of Page

RubyJunes
True Blue Farmgirl

246 Posts

June
Greenwich Ohio
USA
246 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2009 :  6:33:02 PM  Show Profile
sniff...come back, Dawn, come baaaaack! sniff

just spent a little getaway in beautiful Mohican country...spent the night in a "castle" that the kids thought was just grand! Went to a car show, and also a little antiques fair. So nice to spend some family time!

The weather here is unseasonably cool for July, we're loving every minute of it!

Trying to sell our camper, in hopes of getting a smaller one, that maybe even Miz Dawn and I can take on roadtrips! I'm praying if it's meant to be, it will work out!

Nearly time to go out and catch the fireworks here...we can see our little village's fireworks display from our yard, over by the fruit trees, so we'll head out under the stars here soon...

It's nearly Monday...so Happy Monday to all of my Maven Friends!

--June
Farmgirl #545
www.RubyJunes.com
Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2009 :  7:19:06 PM  Show Profile
No June, I'm keeping her here, Lora got away barley, but no I think Dawn needs to live here. ;^)

Dawn #279
MJ's Heirloom Mavens-QMD
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2009 :  7:20:37 PM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
Okay, the above post was from me, I didn't realize Dawn was logged onto my computer, hahahaha

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Planting Zone 4

"Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly." The Dalai Lama
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2009 :  7:21:45 PM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
....and that's barely, not barley, hahahah, I'm tierd, hahaha

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Planting Zone 4

Go to Top of Page

Sue Feely
True Blue Farmgirl

1044 Posts

Sue
Buffalo New York
USA
1044 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2009 :  7:57:52 PM  Show Profile
Want every detail asap; make us really drool!

Sue Feely
Sister #349
Go to Top of Page

farmmommy
True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Kelley
Texas
USA
500 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2009 :  8:27:13 PM  Show Profile
Oh June...sounds like that was fun!! Wish I could have gone with you!!

All I did was stay home all weekend by myself (well, I have the kids) Sterling left at 5 am Thursday to go on his annual tube fishing trip, and it's 10 pm and he's still not home....so...of course it has been quite slow and depressing around here...sniff, sniff...

I didn't even know where I could go to take the kids to see fireworks saturday, so we just stayed home!..sniff, sniff again!

I even came up with the cutest thread idea over in the stitching room that lots of gals have read, but no one has even responded to....."Design Secrets of the Yo-Yo Sisterhood"...Get it?????? instead of "Devine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood"???..I think it's very catchy!!!...lol....but guess no one else does...oh, well! Just call me the crazy yo-yo lady!

Ok, am gonna go and quit being poopy and sniffy...Dawn, I miss you, too...and you don't even live near me so that we can see each other! But I know what June means...it's the same, but different, but not really....lol

But seriously...I'm so glad that so many Mavens got to meet in person!!! And had a Great time to boot!!!

Hey June....don't worry...next year maybe you and I will be able to join the fun, too!
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2009 :  9:07:35 PM  Show Profile
Dawn : Love ya right back sista!
I think we need a booth next year! we'll arrange for pixies to whisk Dawn away
I only got to come out and play for a few hours this time, and at Oakesdale and the old mill (which was waaaaaaay cool) The booths were, each one, a tapestry of a farmgirl's heart. I could have snooped and shopped for days! Someday I hope that the craft fair is a weekend long event! Everyone had SOOOO much to offer! And the music was splendid! I will be hoping that we can do the Maven booth!!!!!

Rene' : you DO wear so many hats and make this all look so effortless, I admire your style sis! 'til I see you again *HUGS*
AG: I was so good seeing you! I hope to become better acquainted, you are awesome! *Hugs*
Diana : you are a blast, I love ya girl! hope to get to know ya better! *Hugs*
TS : We need to be neighbours! lol! I would love to see you everyday. *Hugs*
Dawn: what more is there to say? you are the most fun, bestest Maven mama around =D I loves ya!
Lora: you are the crowned queen of one liners and come-back lines, you are a hoot girl! *Hugs*
I know I forgot to *Hugs* someone....that must be MJ!!!!!! Love ya gal!
You cool Maven chicks! I just loves ya!
I WILL meet all of my wonderful Maven sisters one day =)
Okayz? who'd I miss?

Can we have a Maven booth next year????? pretty please? seriously, wouldn't that be fun! don't know if it'll happen, but a Maven can dream!

I'd better shut up now =)I'm tired and babble-prone =P

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

Go to Top of Page

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2009 :  08:09:28 AM  Show Profile
Same here a booth would be great. It was a wonderful time getting to meet you all It is so nice that you really feel like you know that person just by our chats on the forum. But to put a face with the personality is just the best.
Teresa when you get a chance to come to Moscow to shop give me a shout Great getting to know you. That hat was all you.
Dawn Safe travels. You are bright a amazing women and funny to boot.
Amy Grace I feel for you every morning at 4:00 am when I roll back over and go to sleep only knowing that you are going to work. It was a great day with you.
Lora Great time. How did the other small girls like the farm fair? You are a wonderfully funny lady glad I got to know you.
Annika What a gentle and lovely person you are I hope to be able to see more of you in the furture.

Rene' What a women you are. From outdoor bathing adventures to the uber busy sweet wonderful women you are.

My hats are off to all the Maven Women what A great group.

Teresa and Dawn thanks for letting us all in on all the fun.

Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2009 :  11:10:28 AM  Show Profile
We need to get together more often! Those of us in the general area here on the ID/WA Border regions should try to do meet up and spend time, even if it is just lunch at the co-op! THAT was FUN! I'm a bit hampered because I can't see to drive, so I'm sorry to make everyone come to Moscow, but since most of you shop at the co-op anyway, we should be able to see more of each other =)

I'm just lovin' the Mavens today especially much.

Safe travels to all going home from BB&B and keep your memories precious and bright !

Hugs
Annika
Sister #13
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2009 :  05:43:52 AM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
Good morning Mavens,

Hi Corinne, I know you're floating around on the forum this morning, ;^)

Annika we do need to stay in touch, I loved meeting you and Amy Grace. We just need to figure out a time we could do it. Like the first tue of every month, or every other month, that's just an example, we'd have to figure out a time that would work for all of us, but I'm sure you know what I mean.

Okay, I'll check in later, tea is ready and LLD(Little Lucy Dot) is demanding my attention. Dawn is still sleeping, her last day here, :^(

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Planting Zone 4

Go to Top of Page

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2009 :  07:50:46 AM  Show Profile
Again it was so good to meet all of you. Keep me posted if you get to Moscow I can run up and do lunch or something.
Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page

Corinnelouise
True Blue Farmgirl

957 Posts

Corinne
France
957 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2009 :  08:15:22 AM  Show Profile
Hey Teresa Sue, I sure came in early to see the first pics and to hear the buzz.
I am so happy for all of you to have had a great time and that you liked the company of the other Mavens and Farmgirls you had not had the chance to meet.
How fun that you are going to get together more often... I sure wish I lived in the Palouse myself.
Dawn, are you going to be adopted over there ? How did you like the welcomes you have ? Annika, I am so glad you've made new friends, Diane, how fun you were with the packs of laughing ladies. Amy Grace, it seems you had a great time as well, and Rene... being so busy with the officials, how did you find the time to breathe ? Liked your dress a lot by the way.

Wishing you that are travelling a happy day and lots of memories that overcome the sadness of a farewell.
Hugs to all,

Corinne

Sister # 101
'Heaven on Earth' is a choice you must make, not a place you must find.
Dr. Wayne Dyer
Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2009 :  08:45:44 AM  Show Profile
I cannot believe that I have been on the west coast for 8 days. It sincerely feels like 8 minutes. TS is the best house mom ever. Although I am excited to see the hubsters and my beasts, I'm so so sad to leave this country behind. I honestly almost feel like this past wknd was a wonderful dream. I think Lora has posted some pics as I will do on my blog once I'm home. I will chronicle the days in diary format.
To my sisters that I met while here. I have no words. Just tears welling up in my eyes. I miss you all terribly already and I'm still here!

Dawn #279
MJ's Heirloom Mavens-QMD
Go to Top of Page

gspringman
True Blue Farmgirl

387 Posts

Gail
Bonanza Oregon
USA
387 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2009 :  2:20:37 PM  Show Profile  Send gspringman a Yahoo! Message
It is good to be home from the farm fair after so.. much shopping and meeting lots of great gals. It took 14 hours driving and I'm still trying to get my legs to stand without the tingling. Loved all the costumes and beautiful crafts. Such talented women. The booth for the Mavens would be a great idea. Right now I'm just mosying through the forum to check out everyones great pics. Will post mine when I figure out what's wrong with the downloading end of it. Glad everyone got home safe, although those poor Rogue River gals got turned around and ended up near Utah! Now its back to the garden and looks like tons of weeds to pull.

Gail
Farmgirl #486
Planting Zone 5
http://grammasladybug.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2009 :  06:16:09 AM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
Well, I'm assuming Miss Dawn is home safe and sound. I dropped her at the airport last night. I can't believe it's all over. I had a terrific time. To all of you that I met, it was fun putting a face to the name. To all of you that did so much work to make the event happen, thank you. Dawn and Lora were great houseguests and the bestest friends, lol. Those two, are quite the pair, they are soooo funny. I enjoyed it all and can't believe it's over. Now, back to reality.

Have a sparkley day dear Mavens!

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Planting Zone 4

Edited by - Contrary Wife on Jul 08 2009 06:16:44 AM
Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2009 :  06:07:08 AM  Show Profile
HI gals!
Came home to unemployment and so for those of you that have my email addy at work I am assuming its no longer viable. I cna't say that I'm upset, because I hated it there, but the way that they did me was pretty dirty. And for that, I am very upset. I am off to the paper stand to see what's available. Have a great day!

Dawn #279
MJ's Heirloom Mavens-QMD
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2009 :  06:49:55 AM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
You will bounce back Dawn, I know it so hang in there.

Lora, you forgot your cat.

Okay, Dawn and Lora, do tell, did your hubbys like their elk raisins? LOL

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Planting Zone 4

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2009 :  07:00:16 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Oh Dawn! That is horrible. I am so sorry the hear about that. I am glad that you have your ever bright nature firmly in place! I am sure you will find something fabulous!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2009 :  07:24:56 AM  Show Profile
Dawn *hugs* hang in there sista'
I have to run over to Seattle to help my dad, so I may be gone a week. Love to all of you

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2009 :  1:06:33 PM  Show Profile
Good luck Annika!!
Annika, Dawn, Teresa Sue, Lora, Diana - so good to meet you all in person finally.
I have a day off so I'm catching up on the weeds - yeah, right, do you ever catch up on the weeds? Also doing a "once over lightly" on the housekeeping so I can stand to sit in the living room
Hope everyone is sound and fairly content!!
Amy Grace

Farmgirl #224
"use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without"
Go to Top of Page

marcy jo
True Blue Farmgirl

453 Posts

Marcy
Wawaka Indiana
USA
453 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2009 :  1:59:29 PM  Show Profile  Send marcy jo a Yahoo! Message
Hey Dawn Sorry to hear about your job, but there will be a better one around the corner! What was the name of that herb that Carrie's mom gave us? Cant remember for the life of me!!!!

Marcy #257

http://marcysmarket.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2009 :  2:45:08 PM  Show Profile
It's Sweet Annie. HOw's it doing? Mines a growing!

Dawn #279
MJ's Heirloom Mavens-QMD
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 46 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Maven Teatime Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page