Page: of 46

Corinnelouise
True Blue Farmgirl

957 Posts

Corinne
France
957 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2009 :  07:41:55 AM  Show Profile
Dawn, so glad to know you are happy to be with Teresa Sue. I am sure you girls are having a sparkly time together. I so wish I could be there with you and meet the other Mavens and MaryJane and the people on the Farm. I am sending happy thoughts to all of you attending BBB, be carefull on the roads, laugh as much as you can and give all huges hugs from me.
Love,
Corinne

Sister # 101
'Heaven on Earth' is a choice you must make, not a place you must find.
Dr. Wayne Dyer
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2009 :  07:52:14 AM  Show Profile
Oh Corinne, I wish so badly that you could be here!

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

Go to Top of Page

Corinnelouise
True Blue Farmgirl

957 Posts

Corinne
France
957 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2009 :  08:04:55 AM  Show Profile
Annika, the year I come it is truly going to be something, I am telling you.
How are you doing and how is Drew ? Still sore?
I am already thinking of all you girls tomorrow for the Loco Maven tour, how fun is that going to be, I can feel it from here.
Thanks for making me feel I am part of the pack.
Did i tell you that I've shipped your Christmas in july things ?
Much love,
Corinne

Sister # 101
Dr. Wayne Dyer

Edited by - Corinnelouise on Jul 01 2009 08:05:19 AM
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2009 :  08:32:53 AM  Show Profile
Corinne, Thank you! Drew is doing better and I'm over my scare. I'm going shopping for you at Farm Fair, I thought it would be a great way to send you a little bit of the fun!
Much love

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

Go to Top of Page

Corinnelouise
True Blue Farmgirl

957 Posts

Corinne
France
957 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2009 :  08:41:18 AM  Show Profile
You are way too sweet Annika, and so thoughful.
Many many thanks in advance.
Corinne

Sister # 101
Dr. Wayne Dyer
Go to Top of Page

farmmommy
True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Kelley
Texas
USA
500 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2009 :  12:04:17 PM  Show Profile
Yayyyyyy!!!! So glad you arrived safely Dawn!!! I have sooo been wondering what you're up to!!!...Theresa Sue sounds as great in person as she does online!!! Hope ya'll are having a good time!!! Teresa....do you like flip flops????? And if you do, what size do you wear? And if you don't...POOOO on you!!!.....lol...just kidding!! I HAVE to know some time soon...Dawn, I dodn't care if you like flip plops or not, you're still getting a pair of my special farmgirl flip flops!!! Ha!!! oh.....ya'll have a wonderful time!!! Dawn...miss you already, can't wait until our trip....Teresa Sue...you can come with us.....lol...of course it would be a LONG way for you!!! Oh, yeah....dawn...found a couple of other things for your package...but haven't gotten them yet...so, you may not get your package until after you are already home from BBB...but oh, well!!! You'll live! LMBO!!!!! TTYL
Go to Top of Page

marcy jo
True Blue Farmgirl

453 Posts

Marcy
Wawaka Indiana
USA
453 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2009 :  2:04:47 PM  Show Profile  Send marcy jo a Yahoo! Message
Hi everyone! I am so glad you made it safe Dawn and hope Lora does too! Been missing my Mavens....lots of junk going on here..but getting it cleared up! I am with you in spirit and cant wait for all the details and pictures!!!

Marcy #257

http://marcysmarket.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2009 :  05:48:27 AM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
Morning Mavens, We finally found Lora at the itty bitty baby airport in Lewiston, it's perched on the edge of a mesa, btw. I told Dawn that Lora would probably fly in duct tapped to a Canadian Goose, hahaha, I wasn't far off.
We had a good trip home, Lora snored, hahaha, the girls are tierd with the time change.
They are still sleeping, I'm going to try to get a row of garden weeded before they get up.
We are having so much fun, I haven't laughed so much at one time, in a long time, those two are a hoot!
Looking forward to the trip today!!!!
Kelley I do wear flip flops. Size????I usually just try them on until I find a pair that fits, haha, maybe an eight, nine???

Oh, I almost forgot! I got my chicks yesterday, they are so cute! Okay my cat is driving me crazy, gotta go.

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Planting Zone 4

"Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly." The Dalai Lama
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2009 :  05:58:52 AM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
I let the big kitty in to "babysit" Little Lucy Dot so I could actually type without a cat butt in my face, lol.

Corrine, Marcy Jo, Ruth, Kelley, and Sue, we wish you all could be here. You really don't know how much. We will be thinking about all of you today when we meet up with our other Mavens. Seven of together at once, that's amazing. Corinne, oh girl, when you come, it's going to rock!
love ya, have a sparkley day, the rest of you, see you in Moscow, at 10am!!!!!!

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Planting Zone 4

Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2009 :  08:01:39 AM  Show Profile
I'm just getting ready to get the "show on the road" as my mother used to say...
I didn't even know there was an airport in Lewiston:D
See you mavens later
Amy Grace

Farmgirl #224
"use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without"
Go to Top of Page

RubyJunes
True Blue Farmgirl

246 Posts

June
Greenwich Ohio
USA
246 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2009 :  08:06:07 AM  Show Profile
Hello, Buffalo Sue! You made my day yesterday...you are just the sweetest! Thanks for being YOU!

Nothing new and exciting here in Ohio. We finally got some rain here, so no need to water the garden today. We're so excited about how many squash and cucumbers are growing. Won't be long till we're anticipating our first tomatoes, too. Been enjoying the salad greens from our garden daily.

Back to making more "creative clutter" in the studio...been working on a few Farmgirl surprises, and some new things for the Farmer's Market.

Have a fabu time, gals...miss you!

--June
Farmgirl #545
www.RubyJunes.com
Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2009 :  08:06:19 AM  Show Profile
hola chicas!

I finally dragged my butt outta TS's guest room. The bed I'm sleeping in is heavenly, if only I could find a way to get it on the plane.
Being here makes me really ache to meet up with the rest of you. Keep in mind I'm doing another festival at my farm this fall. So maybe that'd be a good time for more of the East Coast gals to gather.
I know that when I depart for home I'm going to be so so "homesick". I truly feel at home here. I suppose it's almost time for us to leave. Please know that those of you that aren't physically with me are very close to me at heart.
Happy thursday to all!
Big kisses and hugs!

Dawn #279
MJ's Heirloom Mavens-QMD
http://harvestthyme.blogspot.com
~the only thing for certain, is uncertainty~
Go to Top of Page

Sue Feely
True Blue Farmgirl

1044 Posts

Sue
Buffalo New York
USA
1044 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2009 :  09:00:12 AM  Show Profile
Enjoy there everyone; we are all thinking of you back here! When you get back we want details, details and pictures!

Sue Feely
Sister #349
Go to Top of Page

Corinnelouise
True Blue Farmgirl

957 Posts

Corinne
France
957 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2009 :  10:35:40 AM  Show Profile
And all the jokes only farmgirls can tell.
thanks for all the love you show for us back home, in your posts.
Dawn, so happy you are relaxing and enjoying your time. Lora, how are you holing up ?
Have a great day all of you meeting today.
Ruth, Sue and June, it is not the same online today without them, hey ?
Corinne

Sister # 101
Dr. Wayne Dyer
Go to Top of Page

farmmommy
True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Kelley
Texas
USA
500 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2009 :  10:44:08 AM  Show Profile
Good afternoon Mavens......You gals at TS's house are all gonna be 10 pounds lighter after this weekend due to all the calories ya'll will be burning while laughing!!!! So good to hear ya'll are having a great time!! Well, I have been waiting around (rather impatiently)to hear back from our local sherriffs department. I am trying to get them to start a garden (of course now this season is shot) that the inmates would be responsible for....and pitched it to them that the proceeds from the "donations" that the the produce would bring in could be put back into a fund to help work towards their facilities becoming "clean powered"..aka solar or wind powered.....but of course, I still have yet to hear back from them. The Jail captain told me that they had a garden about 7 years ago, but it just didn't produce that much food because it was only 50 ft by 100 ft.............Are you kidding me????????? Do you know how much my husband and I could grow in a plot that size???? Wood county has obviously not ever heard of SQFT gardening!!

Anyhow, keep ya'll fingers crossed for me!! I am also dissapointed that our town doesn't have a community garden....but found out that the city donated a bit of historical property so that the friends of the arboretum could put in a "for show only" garden....aka shrubs, fancy walkways and a few flowers....more walkways that anything.....I must admit that it is cute, and does look much better than it did back in November....yet at the same time, it would have made an awesome community garden space........So....I have also called the director of the arboretum and left messages, and have yet to hear back from her ) so....I may not hear from her at all??? I'll just keep my fingers crossed!!!! I have so many ideas, but no one seems to care....hohum!

I also called the mayor about a "mayors garden" that the juvenille probation program could tend, as well as use it for a learning experience.....but I tend to forget that there is SOOOOOOO much political red tape attached to everything in this country!!!! I am bound and determined to show my community the "light"...lol....it may just take me a LONG time to do it....lol.

So...out to my own little garden I go to pull a few weeds and pick any pesky bugs that may be lurking!!!! Hope everyone has a wonderful Fourth of July Weekend!!! Talk to ya'll soon!!

Go to Top of Page

Corinnelouise
True Blue Farmgirl

957 Posts

Corinne
France
957 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2009 :  10:56:41 AM  Show Profile
Kelly, you have such good ideas, congratulations on wanting people to feel the pleasure of gardening even if their life is difficult at some point.
Good luck with all this and happy gardening.
Corinne

Sister # 101
Dr. Wayne Dyer
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2009 :  7:51:08 PM  Show Profile
I hope that all of you "wild west" loco Mavens got home ok? Love you all! we had such good times! TS, and all of you sweet local gals! we HAVE to get together more often!!!!! QMD and Lora, I love you to pieces! Can't wait to see you on Sat...All Mavens' when you are spotted again, or for the first time, prepare for thorough hugs! I have never belonged to a sistership before and I love you all. Thanks for the wonderful magical time today!
One happy Maven!

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2009 :  8:46:50 PM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
Annika, we are all home safe and sound. Dawn and Lora have headed up to bed and I am getting ready to put little lucy dot to bed in the office and hit the bath, then bed. We all had soooooo much fun today, laughed so much, we are just exhausted. We didn't even bbq, just ate left over 7 layer dip, watermelon, cheese, and summer sausage.

I had such a good time with all of you today. I haven't ever belonged to a sistership before either and I have to agree, it rocks!

Rene' we love you :^).

All of you that haven't met Amy Grace and Annika, they both have the most beautiful eyes.

Diana thanks for coming all that way to join us, you are a hoot girl, lol.

of course we are thinking of you Corinne *wink, wink* you will see................hehehehe

Good night all, we have to recharge for tomarrow, ;^)

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Planting Zone 4

Go to Top of Page

Corinnelouise
True Blue Farmgirl

957 Posts

Corinne
France
957 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2009 :  10:57:41 PM  Show Profile
How happy am I that you loved your time together, not that I had any doubt about that, but by your happy postings, it comes even more realistic.
Annika, so glad you had such a good time, you needed it after the big scare you had last week.
to all of you, thanks for including me in thoughts and for posting so I know that you are having a great time. So happy for you girls.
Hugs,
Corinne

Sister # 101
Dr. Wayne Dyer
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2009 :  06:04:45 AM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
Good morning Mavens,

Hi Corinne, my dear friend.
The girls are still sleeping, I hope they rest a bit, their time changes are rough. I'm making a batch of cinnamon rolls for them. We are just going to hang out here most of the day, then head up to CDA about 4:30 for that little gathering. I've gotta scoot, get the rolls raising and I need to weed another row in the garden. Have a sparkley day my dears!

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Planting Zone 4

Go to Top of Page

Corinnelouise
True Blue Farmgirl

957 Posts

Corinne
France
957 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2009 :  07:40:44 AM  Show Profile
Have a great day yourself Teresa Sue, cinnamon rolls are my very favorite.
How is the weather ?
Hanging around is a much fun as doing things when there is a bunch of girls together. How is John doing with so many Mavens around ? Is he chuckling with the rest ?
Big hugs to you,
corinne

Sister # 101
Dr. Wayne Dyer
Go to Top of Page

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2009 :  09:30:42 AM  Show Profile
Well ladies it was great to get to know you all I had a blast I have been up since 6 fed 16 folks made boat lunches and got the grand kids a movie and a snak. Now I need to get in the shower and start dinner stuff.

Have a great day and a wonderful time at BBB see you next year for sure.

Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2009 :  4:03:45 PM  Show Profile
Geez Diana - no rest for the weary....or is it wicked?:D Anyhow, it was fabulous to meet all of you yesterday - what a fun day and I look forward to more visiting, and hopefully meeting the rest of you too. Evidently I have exhausted my communication skills for the day because I am completely inarticulate - better go rest a while.
I'll see some of you tomorrow
Amy Grace

Farmgirl #224
"use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without"
Go to Top of Page

farmmommy
True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Kelley
Texas
USA
500 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2009 :  4:08:39 PM  Show Profile
Hello....hope all of you maves up west are still having a great time, and I also hope that all of us that didnn't get to go are having a great holiday weekend as well!!!

Corinne- thank you for the compliment! I agree that it is a good idea, just wish the locals around here shared my enthusiasm!

I went to a few garage sales yesterday morning and found a couple of cute things...then I stopped in this little shop in town that I really like because I am still looking for a few more missmatched teacups for Emily's "headboard"...ok...let me explain that before I go any further.....For Christmas....my (3 yo at the time, now 4) got a new Queen sized bed....but I was undecided what I wanted to do for a headboard for her, so after months of pondering and changing my mind, I finally had the neatest idea....I hung a lap sized quilt on the wall that comes all the way down to her matress...then I mounted a white wooden curtain rod at the top of the quilt, and from the rod, I have been hanging teacups from ribbon at graduated legnths....in the center right now is just a cut crystal teacup, but it will be replaced with a teapot as soon as I find the right one!!!!.....ok.....sooo......back to the store.......Yep.....I can always count on the owner to have atleast a couple of teacups in there...and for 50 cents each!!!! Can't beat that! so, I bought the 2 i found, and as I was checking out, she asked me what I was doing with them, and I told her....she thought it was a great idea, and then she asked me if I saw it in a magazine, or on a TV show, and when I told her no, that it was a "Kelley Original".(lol)..she said that it was impressive, and that she loved that idea and that she was so glad that I shared it with her...then she showed me some quilt blocks that she was piecing together, and i thought to myself...."wish I could do that"...so anywhoooo....she quilts, she was so interested in my "idea", she is always very sweet and social with me, so I thought that even though I have lived here almost 7 months, I haven't made a single friend or even aquaintance....that I would go back up there, introduce her to an issue of MJF mag...and see if she thinks a farmgirl chapter is something that she would like to participate in!!!!!!!! And maybe, just maybe, I'll make my first friend...lol.....ya'll know what I mean.....A friend that lives in the same town I do!!!!...lol.....

By the way...I picked up a couple of bags of bias tape and lace this weekend at garage sale, and the only reason I bought them were because they each had an unopened package of big chunky red rick rack...lol.....hey, the ziplock bags were only 50 cents each!!! That big cute rick rack is WAY more expensive at the store!!! So.....if any of you have an interest in the unopened pakg's of bias tape, let me know.....I dodn't need it......OK...off to wash my dishes....Happy, Happy Fourth of July!!!!
Go to Top of Page

farmmommy
True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Kelley
Texas
USA
500 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2009 :  4:12:51 PM  Show Profile
LOL!!...and if nobody is interested in the bias tape, maybe ya'll have some creative ideas you could shoot me!!! I haven't worked with bias tape but once..and it was a pretty bad looking job!!!...but it was my first time.....and I haven't used it since...

P.S> some of them have been opened and partially used, but there is also some pipping, and several pkg's of hem facing!!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 46 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Maven Teatime Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page