farmmommy
True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Kelley
Texas
USA
500 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2009 :  12:02:20 PM  Show Profile
Ok, that is supposed to be Ft. Wash**a in the post above, I don't know whay it won't let me edit it!!
Go to Top of Page

farmmommy
True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Kelley
Texas
USA
500 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2009 :  12:04:00 PM  Show Profile
ok..my computer has a mind of it's own apparently... Wash**a is the name
Go to Top of Page

farmmommy
True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Kelley
Texas
USA
500 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2009 :  12:06:03 PM  Show Profile
GRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!! AAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGG!!!!!!! I will be so glad to get away from technolgy!!!! I just don't understand why it's doing that!!! GGGHHHHRRRR!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2009 :  12:15:47 PM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
Have a great time Kelley, it sounds like sooooo much fun to me. I would do those but the hubbs would never do the dress up thing, lol. I'm jealous, lol. Have some great campfire food for me and don't forget the tea!!

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Planting Zone 3

"Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly." The Dalai Lama
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2009 :  12:46:54 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
the forum automatically edits words that it thinks are bad...LOL I guess Fort Whatever looks like it is a naughty word!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2009 :  1:06:56 PM  Show Profile
Hi ya'll. Oh what a dreary day here in Ga. It's been raining since last night. Just when it was starting to dry up again. It's supposed to rain for the next few days.

How nice to go on vacation. Have a great time, Kelley. And I am glad you had a good time, Terea Sue. It's nice to go back home, isn't it. I am glad you got some lilac from your old home place. And I hope you get all your wallet business straightened out soon. What a mess.

I have been sewing and baking bread today. It's too wet and chilly outside. Even the chickens are inside. I need to get dinner going. I made a pork roast the other day and I am going to have BBQ and potato salad, baked beans and cole slaw. We'll just pretend it's summer and we'll have a picnic type dinner.

Hope ya'll are having a great Wed!

Kris

Turn your face to the sun and the shadows fall behind you. Maori proverb
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2009 :  1:07:01 PM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
Hahahahahah! I think I just guessed which fort it is!!!!! Fort Washpoopta, lol!

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Planting Zone 3

Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2009 :  1:11:36 PM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
Mmmmm...yum Kris! I know what you mean about pretending it's summer, is it EVER going to get here. I'm making chicken fried steak with mashed potatoes, gravy, and broccoli for dinner tonight. I've still got to do a couple loads of laundry, clean the bathroom, clear a couple of hot spots, dust my bedroom, and then start on the office. I still can't get over the freedom I feel not having to go to the cafe. I had better enjoy it though, cause it will be warm enough to go to the cemetery soon, lol. To work, clarification needed, lol!

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Planting Zone 3

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2009 :  2:16:57 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Teresa Sue- ROFL!!! That would totally make sense!!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2009 :  3:55:57 PM  Show Profile
We are having tacos and.... nothing else. Jerry is milking late tonight so I'm on my own...again. TS: I am SO happy to have you home!!!

Dawn #279
MJ's Heirloom Mavens-QMD
http://harvestthymefarm.etsy.com
http://harvestthyme.blogspot.com
~live big, ride hard, and shoot straight~
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2009 :  4:05:55 PM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
Me TOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Planting Zone 3

Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2009 :  4:24:40 PM  Show Profile
hey gals...
well, I got to play in the dirt a little today. Have a huge terra cotta pot by my front door...I filled that full of coleus, marigold, geraniums, and ivy plants...it looks so cheery...And I repotted my huge jade plant into another terra cotta pot.
Then I condensed all of my seeds that I had stored in tupperware containers into one huge pretzel container(which is now jammed packed with seeds), a cookie tin and a small handled bag...ha.Most/if not all of the seeds are heirloom varieties though now...woohoo.

Oh..and I'm having a drawing over on my blog..for vegetable seeds..now the ones I have for the giveaway are not heirlooms...I am clearing out all the hybrid varieties I happened to have in my stash..but if any of you may be interested..you can join the giveaway over at my blog.

I hope everyone is having a lovely week thus far.So nice to check in and see what everyone is up to.

~I Dream of a Better World..where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned!~
blogs:http://gardengoose.blogspot.com/
and http://thevictorygardener.blogspot.com
magazine: www.stliving.net
etsy shops: http://GardenGooseGifts.etsy.com
and http://myvictorygarden.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2009 :  4:43:02 PM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
Hi Tina, good to talk to you, sounds like you have been busy, busy, busy! I need to find a good container to store my seeds in. I'm not sure what to use, I would like to have a container that I can have everything neat and in order so I don't have to go through all my seed to see what I have or to find something.

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Planting Zone 3

Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2009 :  6:34:54 PM  Show Profile
Yay!! Maven chat.
I have been in a funk between culture shock of coming back to the USA and some stupidness that is going on at work and going from vacation to getting up at 4am again, I think I'm over it though.
Good to hear from all of you
Kelley - have fun at the rendezvous, sounds cool!!
Teresa Sue, I'm glad you had a good trip except for the wallet thing - how cool to have some lilacs from the house of your childhood.
I am trying something new in my garden space. When we moved in 5 years ago this summer the space where I garden had been horse pasture that was let go so it had lots of thistles and bindweed. We have rototilled 4 times and the weeds just keep getting worse, all the way around so I am going to lay down cardboard boxes (printed with soy ink) everywhere that I am not actively gardening this year, that way next year I have less work to do. I'm hoping it works so I've been out hauling flattened boxes around - I work in a grocery store so I have a pretty much limitless supply.
I'm going to start my seeds this weekend, I know it might seem a little late but 8 weeks will put me at right about the end of May which is perfect for our area.
It is just so nice to get outside and work!!
Also so nice to hear all y'alls voices
Amy Grace

Farmgirl #224
"use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without"
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2009 :  7:42:37 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I am not going to have much time this summer for intensive weeding, but I know my yard and garden are going to need it, so for my garden I am going to wet down tons of newspapers and place make a 1 inch thick mat of newspapers around each little planted hill. I am also going to put cardboard in the inbetween spaces of the rows, cut to the specifications of each plant, so that will help me keep my rows spaced too. Then news paper will go over that, and on top of that will go mulch that will be good to go in the soil in the fall. Hopefully it will look nice and keep the weeds at bay. When needed I can always rake back the mulch and put down more newspaper. Now I just need to start finding a source for lots of newspapers!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2009 :  07:13:00 AM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
Good morning Mavens!

Yes! Mulch is our FRIEND, LOL!!!! I mulch my rasperries deep with straw and boy they love it.
My rhubarb is getting taller, yea!!!

Amy Grace, I'm starting my seed this weekend too, I think I will have my grandson, Houston, help me. You're right, for this area if we start anything sooner it just won't work. I always plant my peas and lettuce right in the ground tho, probably in May.
I have my grandson(for several days) and maybe granddaughters(they only stay one or two nights)for spring break. We are going to build a chicken coop, yea!!!!! The hubbs has his other hand surgery next Thur, so next week is crammed full, but after that, let's get together so I can give you your goodies, okay?

I read the book SIMPLE ABUNDANCE, and there is always a quote at the beginning of each day and I thought I might throw those in so here goes,
I'm going to leave you with this thought:

"To choose clothes, either in a store or at home, is to define and describe ourselves." ALISON LURIE

oooooo, the sun is shining! Have a great day,love ya's

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Planting Zone 3

Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2009 :  07:14:44 AM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
Oh, my wallet will be delivered by Fed Ex on Monday. Yes, it is soooo cool to have those lilacs from my childhood home. It so makes sense that pioneers carried their favorite plants to the new places they went.

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Planting Zone 3

Edited by - Contrary Wife on Mar 26 2009 2:45:55 PM
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2009 :  2:47:51 PM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
Well, Mavens I have been busy today. Worked at the cemetery for 4 hours, started cleaning out my raspberry patch and got my new lilacs all potted up. It is beautiful here today. A little chilly with the wind, but sunny, sunny, sunny!!!

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Planting Zone 3

Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2009 :  3:28:57 PM  Show Profile
I went to look in my cold frame and I saw tomato seeds sprouting!!!! Yeah! I was afriad they wouldn't come up for some reason. And of course they are the Georgia Stream. I got them all from Wintersown. How neat is that that the Ga. tomatoes would be the first to sprout. Ha!

It's been raining for 2 days now. Mud everywhere. The neat thing about lots of rain is we get a pond up front and out back we have a stream. I went out there this morning and stood beside it and just listened to it trickle. I love that sound. Then a cat came along and all I could here was her meowing. Very annoying. So I went on about my business.

The sun came out a little today. Hubby went for a motorcycle ride. It got rather hot here. Hope ya'll are having a great day.

Kris

Turn your face to the sun and the shadows fall behind you. Maori proverb
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2009 :  3:35:46 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Oh my gosh! I threw out my back today! OUCH! I even took my prescription pain killer and while I am functional it still hurts! How silly is it to throw your back out just leaning forward?!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2009 :  4:23:26 PM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
Glad to hear about your tomatoes Kris. Well, I suppose if they are GA maters, then they like it in GA, lol!

Alee, so sorry to hear about your back!!! Ouch! Backs can be tricky. After all the work I did outside today, I thought I had better take some advil or I won't be able to walk tomarrow. Hopefully you will be better after a good nights rest.

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Planting Zone 3

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2009 :  4:27:26 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
It seems to be getting better. I got it popped right away using moves my physical therapist taught me way back in high school and then got into a HOT bath and then the pain medicine. So hopefully by tomorrow I can forget that this stupid back even acted this way to begin with!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2009 :  4:34:36 PM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
Good, I imagine taking care of Nora with a bad back would be tricky, lol

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Planting Zone 3

Go to Top of Page

gspringman
True Blue Farmgirl

387 Posts

Gail
Bonanza Oregon
USA
387 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2009 :  10:12:22 AM  Show Profile  Send gspringman a Yahoo! Message
Had a computer glitch for couple days but alls well now. Its gonna be 60 here today so I'm going out to do some garden work. Kelly reading about all that yummy food makes my mouth water. I can smell the wisteria from here too.
Teresa Sue, I hope things start looking up for you soon. What a way to end a vacation. They did'nt take your cuttings,knife or lid? Out here they would have taken it all. Now your homemade bread and rhubarb jam sounds good too. You know girls I guess I better fix a cup of tea before I start digging seeing as I already finished off the banana nut bread.

Gail
Farmgirl #486
mbr. Charming Chicks
http://grammasladybug.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2009 :  11:27:14 AM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
LOL! Yes, you do need a cup of tea. I wish I was digging in the garden, not for a while tho, darn it!! Brrrrr.....the wind is cutting today, freezing at the cemetery! Grandbeasties coming later in the afternoon, so I guess I need to make cookies. Can't come to Grandmas with getting in the cookie jar, lol.

Thank you Kelley for the seeds, you rock girl!!!! I'm going to start my seeds this weekend with the grandbeasties help.

Well I think I need a cuppa before I get busy, here's to the Mavens, woohoo!

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Planting Zone 3

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 46 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Maven Teatime Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page