farmmommy
True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Kelley
Texas
USA
500 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2009 :  4:32:32 PM  Show Profile
Dawny, Dawny, Dawny....you always crack me up!!! Worm is right!!!!! LMAO!!!! Just remember the water was COLD!!!! We had just had a rain system move through the day before!...lol.

TS - how did the interview go? Hope you are prepared for Dawn!!!!

AG-Camping would be so much fun right now if I were in your part of the country!!! Hope you have fun!

Well, I have 7 beautiful baby kittens!!! Flicka gave birth Saturday morning, and I finally found the babies yesterday afternoon and brought them inside. 2 calicos, 1 black one with oldman gray around his eyes and mouth, 1 tabby, 1 that is black and white just like flicka except her black has stripes, 1 tabby on white, and 1 that kinda looks like a little jaguar....so tiny and sweet!! Actually, they are all hefty little boogers!! No wonder flicka got sooo huge!!!

I rescued an itty bitty baby racoon off the highway, Momma and another sibling had been squished. I nursed him with kitten formula for a week theen took him to a wildlife rehabber, he now has 10 new baby brothers and sisters!!! And a new Mumma & daddy!!!! He was sooooo adoable!!!

The garden is doing good...don't have much in it, but what is there is surviving, as long as we water twice daily!!! When it gets above 100 degrees everyday, twice daily watering almost isn't enough!! AAARRGG!!! Have my first 2 tomatoes....green of course and about the size of a small golf ball!!!

Hey....this year my first flush of tomato blooms have been incredible!!!! Usually when the plants first start forming blooms, there are just a few, and the heavier flush doesn't come for some weeks after that, but not the case this year!!! All of my plants are loaded with blooms!!! I think it may have something to do with the organic humus and manure I added to the planting hole at planting time!!! It's $1.34 for a 40 pound bag at walmart....I have used 3 1/2 bags so far.....I think I'll be using much more!!!!

Ts- hows your garden looking???

Oh yeah... Happy Belated Birthday Karen!!!!!! So sorry I missed it!!!! Hope it was a great big FIVE - THREE for you!!!!

Anyone heard from Amanda? or is she still over on the DOE?

Ok...gotta get supper going...ttyl...
Go to Top of Page

gspringman
True Blue Farmgirl

387 Posts

Gail
Bonanza Oregon
USA
387 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2009 :  4:53:43 PM  Show Profile  Send gspringman a Yahoo! Message
I've worked in the yard all day as we finally are having 90 weather. Putting out more hoses and hooking up sprinklers so my daughter can water everything for me while I'm at the BBB. I put all my furniture back up on the porch for summer and have been placing seating all around the place. Wish I could leave it out all year but not with our winters. There are flowers blooming everwhere and I can see my blueberries coming alive. Had to repair some flower beds the hens got into and putting out some Peony and hyssop. Worked a few in the co op garden yesterday and was able to bring home radish, and lettuce. Everything there is doing really well. Now I'm consontrating (sp) on getting my stuff together for my trip to BBB. Will be staying in Cheney Thurs nite and meeting kpaints and some other farmgirls. Can't wait to see everyone and looking forward to sooooo much fun. Wish everyone was able to go so will take lots of pics for those of you who aren't.

Gail
Farmgirl #486
Planting Zone 5
http://grammasladybug.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2009 :  8:30:50 PM  Show Profile
Ok TS, what is the itinerary for the "loco mavens on the loose road trip"? I need to be back in Moscow in the evening so my sweetie can pick me up and have coffee with me! I have a whole day planned =) You'll be sick of me by then anyway hahaha...Just can't wait girls!

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2009 :  04:55:15 AM  Show Profile
MOrning!

Jut thought I'd check in before I go see the Audsters today. I finally got all my broccoli cut and blanched and froze. My cabbage is about the size of a tennis ball. I sure hope the hubsters keeps an eye on it for me. I am so mad at my rhubarb. I got nothing out of it this year so I had to bum it all off my MIL. My tomato's look really good. this must be the year for them. I got nothing out of my cukes or melons or carrots. I'm so bummed.

I hope that everyone is getting enough rest before the week long party with me next week. I should suggest some of that Airborne to boost the immune system. Seems to me whenever I do something big like this, I get the crud soon after.

TS: On our way home from the Big R. sorry that just sounds hilarious to me.... I need to stop at a grocery store for a couple of things that will make my life a whole lot better. A little of this and a little of that...whatever else floats by boat.

Kelley, say what you want about that worm picture....suuuuureeee..... I believe ya! <wink wink> you keep telling yourself that water was cold!!! LMAO!

I have not really checked into the DOE thread since my little episode several months back. For me that thread is a chapter read. I'm ready to move on.

Okay, hubby FINALLY got out of the shower so it's my turn to SSS (that'd be "crap, shower and shave") Sorry, I'm full of P and vinegar today. Jerr slept on the couch and I had the whole bed to myself and I slept SO GOOD!!!!

Alrighty, I feel like I have more to say, but can't think of anything... later gators~

Dawn #279
MJ's Heirloom Mavens-QMD
http://harvestthyme.blogspot.com
~the only thing for certain, is uncertainty~
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2009 :  05:54:15 AM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
Whew! Okay, Kelley, my garden needs weeding. I had a lot of stuff that didn't come up and I'm suspecting some of my seed was too old. Out of a whole row of cukes only two or three have come up. All but one of my french heirloom pumpkins came up, so far one, yes, one loney corn has popped up, the zucchini are up but look pathetic, on the other hand my potatoes, and rhubarb are growing and looking good like nobodys's business, my tomatoes are holding their own and have lots of bloosoms, the peppers are still deciding what they are going to do, and the bugs are loving my lettuce, it looks like lace. Oh, and even tho I thinned the raspberries unmercifilly, they are loaded.

Annika we will meet at MJ's store by the farmers mkt at 10am on Thur, the 2cnd of July. Rene' and I have been cookin' up a surprise for y'all, then we will head down to Uniontown and browse their four antique stores, it's kinda loosy goosey, but we will make sure you are back home when you need to be, okay? If there is someplace you want to stop at, tell us. We'll have to grab lunch too. It's just going to be so much fun visiting!

Oh, yes Dawn, you'll like Big R. No prob about the groc store, I was wondering if I could get away with stoping at the store too! That's just how it is when you live so far out, whenever you go to town, for whatever reason, you have an errand list that would choke a horse to do while you're there. It's not unusual for me to leave the house at 7am and not get home until 6 or 7 at night.

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Planting Zone 4

"Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly." The Dalai Lama
Go to Top of Page

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2009 :  10:33:02 AM  Show Profile
I can't wait to meet you all I have even made a new go to town Apron.

Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2009 :  12:35:37 PM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
oooooh, cool! Okay, lunch is over, back to work :^)

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Planting Zone 4

Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2009 :  12:48:40 PM  Show Profile
I want to make a new fancy gussied up apron if I have the time, I've got some very cute fabrics for one...just need the time...gotta go make sure the horses all have enough water and go dye some of our wonderful SpringSong farm yarn this afternoon for Farm Fair =)

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2009 :  05:54:51 AM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
I want to make a new apron too, but finding the time might be impossiable!

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Planting Zone 4

Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2009 :  06:43:19 AM  Show Profile
HI ladies!

I'm officially open for business. After hosting a grand opening during spring fling, I have honestly not had the time to put my OPEN flag out front. Well, today, even though we have a graduation party to go to at 2pm, I put it out. I'm terrified.

I dusted all my plants with DE and have not had any lacy lettuce or otherwise. TS, I think our gardens are the complete opposites as my rhubarb looks AWFUL and I hve no raspberries.

I am bringing th apron fabric I won and making TS sew it together for me...haha... I'm also bringing my veggie one that I found on Lora's and my first trip ever to an antique store.

NOthing new or exciting in Nova land today... have a super wknd.

Dawn #279
MJ's Heirloom Mavens-QMD
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2009 :  10:49:16 AM  Show Profile
Gosh! I just thought about it and I am habitually over dressed or underdressed for everything....soooo, what is everyone's take on the loco Maven road trip...dress up? dress comfy? just wondering! I'm likely going to wear my comfy dress if all is cool with that...habitually fussy and worried :P should I bring my camera! I'm sure we will have plenty of photo ops! going to be so fun to see you all in person!

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2009 :  12:35:05 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Annika, you know me.. I never fuss. It is a good day if I have matching shoes on :)

Rene~Prosser Farmgirl #185

http://www.maryjanesfarm.com/RFBlog/
www.twitter.com/RuralFarmgirl

Circumstances made us FRIENDS; MaryJane's has made us SISTERS :)
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2009 :  1:04:38 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Hey gals!

5 Dollies are in various stages of completion on my living room couch right now. Farm Fair here I come! :D I am taking a quick break to give my poor hands a bit of a rest. Wrestling some of the doll parts through the sewing machine can be tricky- but I figured out a new way to mold the underface of the doll that I really like! I can't wait to get this one finished to see what she will look like all done and polished. :D

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2009 :  2:56:24 PM  Show Profile
Oh my goodness where to start??
Camping was wonderful - I so needed some time in the woods with minimal people and absolutely not TV/radio/computer etc. It was actually chilly all three nights, had to cuddle close with the hound dog, even though she's stinky.
Teresa Sue - where is the office you will be working at?? My store is just up Monroe from Deaconess hospital.
Dawn - what time is your flight coming in??
Annika - can't wait to meet you either - and the rest of you crazy mavens. Too fun!!
Teresa Sue - I used seeds from last year too with minimal success - some came up some didn't - but the same thing happened with my new cool weather seeds, I think it was the hot weather at the beginning of June - the seeds got all mixed up.
Corinne - sure wish you would be here too. I will be thinking about you.
Amy Grace

Farmgirl #224
"use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without"
Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2009 :  3:22:08 PM  Show Profile
AG: I'm such a ding bat. My first flight arrives in Seattle at 1pm and then I think I have a 2 hour layover and then I board for Spokane. So, I have to call TS when I get in Seattle to tell her whats going on. From the looks of my ticket, I didn't think I had a layover at all..but maybe I do. I'm so not a traveller. God, I hope I make that connection to Spokane!

Dawn #279
MJ's Heirloom Mavens-QMD
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2009 :  4:28:27 PM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
Me too, it's a long walk from Seattle to Spokane, lol.

Annika from the sounds of it, it is supposed to be hot on Thur when we do our trip, so I say dress comfy and cool. I'll prob wear jeans and a cool blouse. With my hair up! I can't stand to have my hair down when it's hot.

I can't wait either, it will be fun. Well, my daughter, son-in-law, and granddaughter were here all day, they just left and I need to go clean up cause it looks like a tornado went through the house. I only have one more day before Dawn gets here, yikes!

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Planting Zone 4

Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2009 :  4:39:45 PM  Show Profile
Whoa TS - you got 2000 posts!!

Farmgirl #224
"use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without"
Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2009 :  06:24:27 AM  Show Profile
Drum Roll.....

In less than 24 hours I will be terrorizing Washington and parts due east.
Mwahahahahahaha.......

On a nice note: hubsters bought homemade buckeyes for me to share with you TS: I pray they dont melt in my suitcase! But ya gotta have an Ohio Buckeye!

Dawn #279
MJ's Heirloom Mavens-QMD
Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2009 :  06:39:25 AM  Show Profile
TS: did you check that flight number? I am so confused. I'll ask a steward on the plane to explain it to me.

from what I'm understanding I have a 2 hour layover in Seattle, my second flight leaves Seattle at 1pm, and arrives in Spokane at 2pm. I'm meeting up with you in baggage right? Please let me know so I'm not wandering around like a lost puppy.

Dawn #279
MJ's Heirloom Mavens-QMD
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2009 :  07:20:58 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Wow ladies! Can you believe that Farm Fair has come up so fast?! I am so excited- I can hardly speak!!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2009 :  09:30:27 AM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
Dawn I haven't checked the flight yet, I will try to get to it today. Yes, I will meet you at baggage claim because they won't let me go past security w/o a ticket. Stay in the baggage pickup area, I will prob be there before you, but just in case something were to hold me up. I will be there. No need to call me an hour before you are in Spokane cause I will have to be on the road already to pick you up.

Wow, AG, I didn't realize I was at the 2000 post. That's mostly in the last year too, cause I joined the forum in 2004, lol.

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Planting Zone 4

Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2009 :  09:31:50 AM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
What the heck are buckeyes? In Wyo we always bring home Bing candy bars cause we can't get them here. I bet Alee knows what a bing is, lol, go Bobcats, hehehe.

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Planting Zone 4

Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2009 :  09:33:12 AM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
Okay, off to play with the weedeater, oh yea.......

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Planting Zone 4

Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2009 :  09:45:08 AM  Show Profile
Ahh....a buckeye. A wonderful combo of chocolate and peanut butter. I make em every year for Christmas... heaven in the shape of a nut! Wow. I just described myself!!

Dawn #279
MJ's Heirloom Mavens-QMD
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2009 :  09:53:34 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
TS- Yes I know what they are but I have never eatten one. My husband loves them but they just don't sound good to me ;~)

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 46 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Maven Teatime Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: