deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2009 :  11:20:11 AM  Show Profile
Okay, TS is gone, now we can talk about her! LOL! Just kidding, work is pitiful today. They have started to cut back on hours (I am NOT complaining). Rather than cut people entirely we all got our hours slashed. I wish they'd slash mine some more. I've been sitting here for 2 hours and the phone has rang 6 times. Ugh. Its 85 outside adn beautiful and I've got a frig full of broccoli that needs blanched and frozen. I could be mowing. I could be snoozing. I could be sunbathing. I could be doing ANYTHING other than sitting here bored to tears. Heck I even fell asleep for about 7 minutes and NO ONE noticed! Even as I try to get fired I can't.
So....here I am. I sure hope that everyone else is having a better day!

Dawn #279
MJ's Heirloom Mavens-QMD
http://harvestthyme.blogspot.com
~the only thing for certain, is uncertainty~
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2009 :  11:24:51 AM  Show Profile
I'm waiting for help to arrive to go fix some electric fences ....bored too =Should I cut my hair of leave it longish?????? I can't decide. I really like Rene's sporty free and pretty 'do but I don't exactly want to be a copy cat :P

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2009 :  11:31:57 AM  Show Profile
Imitation is the most sincerest form of flattery. GO FOR IT! I just got all my hair cut off yesterday and me so happy!!!

Dawn #279
MJ's Heirloom Mavens-QMD
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2009 :  11:42:46 AM  Show Profile
Well I'm tired of the witchy hippy look You convinced me Dawnzo! I hope that you don't have long to work still. I HATE being bored. I may be the shy mouse maven, but I get tetchy when I'm bored. LOL!

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2009 :  11:48:27 AM  Show Profile
I swear, I've searched the ENTIRE internet. Honest injun. You could probably pull off the Louise Brooks bob too..... I dunno Annika, you could probably pull off a lot of looks!

Dawn #279
MJ's Heirloom Mavens-QMD
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2009 :  3:59:05 PM  Show Profile
Well, I'm not going to make it in '20's style, but I'll look farmgirly anyway. Kind of disappointed, but I haven't found anything in my size and I don't really have the sewing skills or time to make an appropriate dress. I hope I'll be forgiven
Getting things ready to help my landlady at her booth is taking a lot of work ...

Can't wait for the Maven Road Trip, I so wish that all the Mavens could be here. We have a shop in Moscow, Now and Then that has some antiques that might be fun to stop at. We'll have to see what TS has planned for us

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2009 :  8:26:32 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Hey Annika,
Copy away.. they say it is the best form of flattery... :)
I cant wait for all to get here. I am even carving out time to make the maven LOCO run :) yippee!!!

Rene~Prosser Farmgirl #185

http://www.maryjanesfarm.com/RFBlog/
www.twitter.com/RuralFarmgirl

Circumstances made us FRIENDS; MaryJane's has made us SISTERS :)
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2009 :  8:31:35 PM  Show Profile
So glad you can come with us Rene!

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2009 :  06:05:05 AM  Show Profile
Annika, what size are you? I have a vintage flappers dress here that I cannot fit into. You can email me your size and I will GIVE this dress to you. From what I've seen of your blog pics, you'd look so good in this color. Deep, rich chocolate brown with some long glitzy gold beads. I could even send it to you for you to try if you'd like. Let me know today so I can get it in the mail tomorrow.

Hi girls, won't be on much today. Day off. 90 degrees. Mowing, chicken chores, cleaning house. finish packing. Pitting cherries, freezing vegetable stock. And then.....ahhhhh! A pedicure!

Dawn #279
MJ's Heirloom Mavens-QMD
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2009 :  06:43:24 AM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
Just a quick note Miss Mavens, hehe, just wanted to let you know:

The new kitten is getting better, but she is a bit whiny and naughty today because she was by herself yesterday. I named her Dot, but when my granddaughter, Faith, came to visit Mon she amended it to Little Lucy Dot, ha, the name is bigger than the cat.

I had a good interview. I will be their on-call person when someone calls in sick, but not until after the BBB, : ). It will be a great opportunity for me and I'm excited, although it will be quite the juggling act until I'm done with the cemetery in October.

okay, have a SPARKLEY DAY girls!

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Planting Zone 4

"Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly." The Dalai Lama
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2009 :  07:22:17 AM  Show Profile
Hi Dawn, that is totally sweet of you, I'm size 14 so I don't think I'd fit your lovely sounding dress. I am completely humbled that you would offer it to me, you are a true sister, thank you so much *hugs*, and besides I'll only be there for the loco road trip and Saturday at the old mill, and then I'll be watching the farm animal exhibit for my landlady. So I think I'd better stick to something that can get a bit dirty on Saturday

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2009 :  1:29:51 PM  Show Profile
NO prob BOB!

Dawn #279
MJ's Heirloom Mavens-QMD
Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2009 :  7:54:25 PM  Show Profile
Teresa Sue - cool that your interview went well, maybe since you will be in Spokane more (RIGHT?) we could hook up once in a while:)
I'm excited to see y'all - I think most of my farmgirl fun will be Thursday - can't ditch DH on the 4th, he'd be all alone, so he's going to tag along, hopefully he won't stare over my shoulder and all.
We are going camping tomorrow through Sunday but wanted to say hi before we left - can't wait to meet everyone in person!!!!!
Amy Grace

Farmgirl #224
"use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without"
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2009 :  8:09:55 PM  Show Profile
Have fun camping and safe travels =) Can hardly wait to meet you!

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2009 :  05:45:33 AM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
Have fun camping AG. Actually after my interview I was going to come to your store because the office where I interviewed is in the area, that's funny you mentioned maybe seeing each other cause I thought the same thing. I must have took the wrong street though because I didn't find Huckleberrys and before I knew it I was on Grand and 32cnd, lol.

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Planting Zone 4

Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2009 :  06:26:02 AM  Show Profile
hi all. Another hot one in ohio today. 90 plus. ANd I'm in a sweatshirt here at work because my boss is a MAN and he thinks it needs to be Arctic. I'm just about packed... I know, I've said that like a dozen times, but I think I've nailed it now. I have decided to not dress 1920's style. Its way too uncomfortable for me and far too much to pack. I will be going ala' Dawn-Style. jeans, tee's and boots. I know, I'm a party pooper. I am really hating this place. The phones are dead and I'm trying to decide what web sites to look at today. Any suggestions would be great. That's all I got for now. See ya in 6 days!

Dawn #279
MJ's Heirloom Mavens-QMD
Go to Top of Page

RubyJunes
True Blue Farmgirl

246 Posts

June
Greenwich Ohio
USA
246 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2009 :  06:59:18 AM  Show Profile
hey Dawn...here are a couple of sites I check out on a regular basis:

http://littlehouseinthesuburbs.com/

http://thepioneerwoman.com/

You probably already knew about them, but thought I'd share in case you hadn't! I know being in that air conditioning can be miserable for you, but on a sweltering day such as this, be thankful! (though your house was quite comfortable yesterday, sans a/c)

Hope the rest of you ladies have a fine Thursday...I'm off to sew in my sweltering studio, bake a couple batches of cookies for Saturday's Farmer's Market, then to visit my parents before my son's softball game tonight! Happy Thursday!

--June
Farmgirl #545
www.RubyJunes.com
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2009 :  06:59:59 AM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
Here's a thought for the day:

GLITTER, the herpes of the craft world.

Hahahahaha, I don't know why, but that just cracked me up!

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Planting Zone 4

Go to Top of Page

RubyJunes
True Blue Farmgirl

246 Posts

June
Greenwich Ohio
USA
246 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2009 :  07:01:07 AM  Show Profile
hahaha, TS--that gave me the heebie jeebies!

--June
Farmgirl #545
www.RubyJunes.com
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2009 :  07:06:19 AM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
LOL!

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Planting Zone 4

Go to Top of Page

farmmommy
True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Kelley
Texas
USA
500 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2009 :  08:14:22 AM  Show Profile
Hello Mavens!!!!! I'm back.....seems like it has been soooo long...have been so busy, just don't know where to start....plus, computer wouldn't let me access internet for almost 2 weeks!

Dawn - 95 degrees????? we hit 103 here yesterday..95% humidity with heat index of 111 degrees!!! I wish I were in Ohio with you!!!

It's so exciting to read about all of ya'lls plans for BBB....I so wish I were going....it's quite depressing 2 think about!

Hope all is well with everyone....Hope everyone has safe travels and an awesome time at the BBB!!!!
Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2009 :  08:33:19 AM  Show Profile
Kelly Belly! Where've you been? Looking for lake worms? I got a pic of one on my camera! LOL!

Okay, so I shouldnt crab about the heat. I will just keep my sweatshirt on.

June, I have already gotten so many compliments on this bag. I love love love it.

Okay, I will check out those sites. Just so ya'll know, Lynn from Ohio has joined the forum. She is under Weedy Ways... say hi as I'm sure she's gonna be a MAven too. I'm recruiting them left and right!

TS:glitter....herpes....I love it!

Dawn #279
MJ's Heirloom Mavens-QMD
Go to Top of Page

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2009 :  08:38:06 AM  Show Profile
Glitter I love it.
It is a great day here so far. Nice breeeze 68 degrees
I have weed wacked the outside of the garden area and weeded the garden and been here reading this.

Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2009 :  08:45:22 AM  Show Profile
http://www.hillbillyhousewife.com/

Try this one Dawn.

Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2009 :  1:45:40 PM  Show Profile
One more full workday to get thru and I'm "leaaaavinn...on a jet plane...don't know when I'll be back again....." (anyone remember that song?) I think its Jefferson Starship? Anyhoo.... I've been a quiz taking fiend on facebook today. Anything to make the clock move faster. Cool chicken quiz on my wall. I'm a Polish..go figure. I heard it was pretty hot all over the country today. I hope everyone sat themselves down to a cool glass of lemonade or whatever and enjoyed it. I got to watch it from a cubicle. I'm pretty excited, I get to see my heathen daughter tomorrow and lay out by the lake. Maybe do lunch. See my pop. I can't believe that in 5 days I will be on the west coast. For real!
okay, off to count minutes until I'm released from jail.

Dawn #279
MJ's Heirloom Mavens-QMD
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 46 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Maven Teatime Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page