Page: of 46

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2009 :  11:10:36 AM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Sue~ OMGosh! KNock that off!!! we cant have a sick Maven....How ya doing now?

Rene~Prosser Farmgirl #185

http://www.maryjanesfarm.com/RFBlog/
www.twitter.com/RuralFarmgirl

Circumstances made us FRIENDS; MaryJane's has made us SISTERS :)
Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2009 :  12:46:25 PM  Show Profile
Oh Sue.... I'm so sorry. No wonder with all we did, we plum wore you out! I sure hope you are feeling better. Bed, rest, tea, and some good reads! That's what you get for telling me to rest, sleep, eat, etc!! lol. thinking of you!

Dawn #279
MJ's Heirloom Mavens-QMD
http://harvestthyme.blogspot.com
~live big, ride hard, and shoot straight~
Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2009 :  12:52:42 PM  Show Profile
Ok. So the past couple a days have been a bummer. I put in my resignation at work and then had to retract it if I wanted to stay married. I found Mama Kitty dead on the road and now am trying to figure out how to wrangle a handful of WILD kittens. I need to catch them so that I can feed and fix them. I've been so lost without all you girls around! I can't believe how quickly I adapted to a full house! Its sooooo quiet. I'm already starting to pack for BBB, and am wondering what I should bring. Is it flip flop kind of weather or real shoes? T-shirts or tanks? Now keep in mind 80 degrees here is different than 80 degrees there, so Rene' tells me.....lobster chick!
Jerry's unemployment is about to run out, and still no job. Times are tough. I guess I had no business quitting when i should be grateful that I have a job....
Okay, off to take some pictures at work. Have a good one!

Dawn #279
MJ's Heirloom Mavens-QMD
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2009 :  12:59:28 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
*hugs Dawn* sorry things are rough right now! Glad you were able to retract your resignation.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2009 :  1:26:37 PM  Show Profile
Hey Dawn - hope things look up. Oh, and 4th of July in this area is a crapshoot - I've seen everything from chilly to sweltering so bring your entire wardrobe and that should about cover it:)
Gail - lol, hubby as "it" that is too funny.
Amy Grace

Farmgirl #224
"use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without"
Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2009 :  4:23:01 PM  Show Profile
Niiiiice.... I really wanted to pack a little lighter than that!

Dawn #279
MJ's Heirloom Mavens-QMD
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2009 :  4:42:42 PM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
Hi Mavens,

Sue I do hope you are feeling better really, really soon.

Gail, you are TOO FUNNY!

Dawn, so far we are having a warm streak, as it gets closer tho, I'll let you know how the weather is going. If you have slippers or some kind of house shoe bring those to wear in the house cause it's wood floors and it gets cold. Even in the summer I have afghans on the couch. Cool idea about the food drive. I've been thinking about you, knowing you were "brewing" and not in a good way. Hope all is well and I'll keep you in my thoughts.

I think we have about seven signed up for our Mavens Only Mini Apron exchange, deadline to have them finished isn't until the end of October. Check it out in the Maven's Henhouse.

I'm beat. I cleared the entire cemetery today of all the dead cut flowers, potted flowers, and silk flowers that couldn't be up out of the way of the mower and weed eater. I think I walked ten miles. DH is making me a pot pie for din din, I don't usually eat that junk, but I'm so tired I don't even care.

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Planting Zone 4

"Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly." The Dalai Lama
Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2009 :  6:56:13 PM  Show Profile
Yeah - I'm beat tonight too, inventory this morning meant a 3am wakeup call, I never get used to that. I tried to go work in the garden but when it is above 80 and I am that bleary-eyed sleepy I can't cut it, so I'm hoping for a very productive garden day tomorrow as Wednesday is already shot - gotta take the kid to town to buy new shorts, he keeps growing out of the old ones. I wish he'd quit that.
Dawn - just pack for summery and between Teresa Sue and me I'm sure we can cover any "weather extreme wardrobe emergencies" that come up!
Amy Grace

Farmgirl #224
Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2009 :  06:31:35 AM  Show Profile
Hola!

So whats everyone into today? I've been spying on TS... and she's up to no good.

Today is very foggy and rainy here in Ohio. Definitely not the weather we had last week. I think I'm finally rested after SF, and ready to start some more trouble! I've been working on the badges I received so that my tote bag is covered. So far is slow going. I'm so not a needle person. Or a sewie person. Ask June. What I can't stitch, I use fabric glue! Yesterday on the phone I told her that I made these strawberries for a craft show we are doing together and I was trying to do the leafy part and gave up and used glue...June was like NO! PUT THAT DOWN! STEP AWAY FROM THE FABRIC GLUE! <giggle> hey, I've made curtains with that crap! LOL!

Its a slow day at work and of course I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I may be sent home. I keep rearranging my packing list. I need to get a pair of jeans to bring along. None of mine fit. I bought a broom skirt like Rene' wore to my house and I love it. I want another one!

Well, I suppose I should try to look busy and do "chicken work". Later....

Dawn #279
MJ's Heirloom Mavens-QMD
Go to Top of Page

Corinnelouise
True Blue Farmgirl

957 Posts

Corinne
France
957 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2009 :  07:42:31 AM  Show Profile
Hey Mavens, how are you all doing ?
Sue, I hope you feel good soon and take good care of yourself all the time now.
Dawn, Teresa Sue, Gail, June, Amy, Alee, it is good to read your posts. Congratulation Alee for being farmgirl of the month.
We are having a strange bout of weather here, big storms and lots of rain, unusual at this time of the year.
Dawn, thanks for including me in the Mavenly challenge, with my mom we give to Sisters living right up here, they are very poor and live with donations. You have here a wonderful idea.
I do not know if it is me only but I feel the heaviness in everybody hearts with all the challenge we all face a way or another.
Wish I could give each of you a big hug.
Corinne
Dawn, hang on here, your job might now be fulfilling of just a happy one, but it helps you with your dreams day after day. do not look at it in the long range, but take one single day at the time, if not an hour at the time.

Sister # 101
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2009 :  07:44:04 AM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
Hi Corinne *waving wildy,lol*

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Planting Zone 4

Go to Top of Page

Corinnelouise
True Blue Farmgirl

957 Posts

Corinne
France
957 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2009 :  08:18:39 AM  Show Profile
You know what Teresa Sue ? I find a lot of inspirations in the book you gave me, it is such a treat to read the daily lesson every day, it gives me empathy for the rest of the day. Thank you so much for this kind thought.
How is the weather at your place ?
Corinne

Sister # 101

Edited by - Corinnelouise on Jun 02 2009 08:20:10 AM
Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2009 :  08:20:41 AM  Show Profile
I hear what you are saying Corrine. I've been cutting back and battening down the hatches around here. I no longer spend stupidly, with the exception of this past weekend. I got some GOOD deals (wink). And I'm growing most of our food. I've been making big batches of everything and freezing it. I'm not afraid to say I'm scared. I want to learn to make my own shirts. I want to learn to knit or crochet. I'm gonna be a survivor. I know in my heart of hearts that this trip to BBB will probably be my last real trip ever.

I feel your hugs through the wind. Everytime I "hear" your voice I'm wrapped in your love. You are such an asset to the Mavens. We all love you too!

Dawn #279
MJ's Heirloom Mavens-QMD
Go to Top of Page

Corinnelouise
True Blue Farmgirl

957 Posts

Corinne
France
957 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2009 :  08:25:48 AM  Show Profile
Oh Dawn what kind words, you are making my eyes watery now... I love you too.
Do not fear. All will be well. and do not say this BBB trip will be your last, I am planning to have a Maven get together when we are back to Canada and without you it is just impossible to envision it.
I was writting a recipe for you and your bell peppers and it is gone. I will email it to you. It is a great way to preserve the abundance of these veggies and they keep weel, and here they sell like hot buns.
How are YOU feeling ? I am sure it is lonesome now that the girls have left but you will have freindship and memories for the rest of your life. Extra big hugs again.
Corinne

Sister # 101

Edited by - Corinnelouise on Jun 02 2009 08:27:59 AM
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2009 :  08:36:38 AM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
Corinne, I am so glad you like that book. That book really gave me a new lease on life when my daughter gave it to me a few years back. I re-read it every other year, and this is the year I am reading it. I always like to go to the things to do for each month and read those first so I can try to do some of them during the month. It's funny how it seems each daily passage actually fits what is going on with me at the time I am reading it.
I have never been to Canada before, I will have to start saving :)

Dawn I know exactly how you feel. It is scary out there.

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Planting Zone 4

Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2009 :  10:11:06 AM  Show Profile
STAY TUNED>>>>

Teresa Sue is coming to BBB wearing a Sponge Bob Square Pants outfit!

Dawn #279
MJ's Heirloom Mavens-QMD
~the only thing for certain, is uncertainty~

Edited by - deeredawn on Jun 02 2009 10:11:25 AM
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2009 :  2:37:14 PM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
With my side kick Squidworth (Dawn), haha, actually I asked her, "you and whose army is going to get me to wear a spongebob suit". She's being a brat, pretty brave for someone who has to eat my cooking for a week, don'tcha think? LOL.

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Planting Zone 4

Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2009 :  4:16:59 PM  Show Profile
Somebody better dress up as Patrick, the chubby pink starfish:)

Farmgirl #224
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2009 :  4:31:55 PM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
Okay, you can be Patrick, LOL

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Planting Zone 4

Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2009 :  4:32:57 PM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
Who wants to be Mr. Crabbs? Plankton?

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Planting Zone 4

Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2009 :  4:47:47 PM  Show Profile
I can't WAIT to see this! I'm bringing my camera!!!!
Maybe I should come as Patrick...I look a bit like a chubby pink starfish...
Hi everyone!

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2009 :  5:14:35 PM  Show Profile
Uh...I'll be plankton.. So small. So evil. Ready to rule the world of crabby patties. If only I could get my hands on that recipe.........

Dawn #279
MJ's Heirloom Mavens-QMD
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2009 :  05:40:47 AM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
Oh no, you are squidworth Dawnrageous.

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Planting Zone 4

Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2009 :  05:58:33 AM  Show Profile
Well, aren't you up bright and squirrley this morning. I'm on my second cuppa joe. I've harrassed my dogs, and my husband. Did my chicken chores and am now about to jump in the shower and blow the stink off me so I can go to JoAnn Fabrics. It's another "mizzely" day here in Ohio. Not sure what I want to do today after my "chores" are done. But sick of staying inside. Talk with you all later! Happy Wednesday!

Check out the henhouse when you can. I think there's some new posts. That coop has been severely neglected of late!

Dawn #279
MJ's Heirloom Mavens-QMD
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2009 :  06:21:16 AM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
I get up at 5am when the hubbs does. I make him a lunch, get him off to work, then put the tea kettle on and come in and check in with my computer friends. We have another 80 degree day with wind. But wait, in a couple of days we're supposed to be down in the 60's. What are you getting at JoAnns Fabrics? Probably more fabric glue, hehehehe. Have a fun time in town. I'm going into Spokane tomarrow, have to go to the college and take my asset test, then Monday I have to take a keyboarding test, and then meet with counselers. I tried to get it all done in one trip as it's an hours drive one way, but no, that was impossiable. Oh well, tomarrow I'll make a day of it. I'll go do my test, if I can get hold of my brother, maybe we'll go to lunch, then I'll be off to Cheney, see my kids and grandkids, even hang around all day so I can go to one of my granddaughter's kintergarten program. It will be a long day, but I haven't been anywhere in quite a while and I haven't seen the grandbeasties in FOREVER! LOL Okay, off to the henhouse, I have been checking in there to see who is in for the Mavens Only Mini Apron swap.

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Planting Zone 4

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 46 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Maven Teatime Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page