deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2009 :  07:46:22 AM  Show Profile
5am... ugh... that's insane. I dont see that time of day unless my bladder is talking to me.

Dawn #279
MJ's Heirloom Mavens-QMD
http://harvestthyme.blogspot.com
~the only thing for certain, is uncertainty~
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2009 :  08:24:52 AM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
lol, sometimes I wake up as soon as the birds start in, about 4 ish, can't go back to sleep, so I get up*shrug*.

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Planting Zone 4

"Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly." The Dalai Lama
Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2009 :  12:13:05 PM  Show Profile
You are 3 hours behind me? So does that mean my inner clock will sleep til 8am (in my mind) but I'll actually get up at 5am there? Oh, let the jet lag begin!

Dawn #279
MJ's Heirloom Mavens-QMD
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2009 :  12:44:30 PM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
hahaha!

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Planting Zone 4

Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2009 :  06:37:43 AM  Show Profile
TS: do you have a blow dryer to use so I dont have to pack mine? Just trying to lighten my load....

Dawn #279
MJ's Heirloom Mavens-QMD
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2009 :  08:45:32 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Dawn- You do realize you have 4 more weeks, right? Are you going to have any clothes left to wear if you start packing now?!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2009 :  08:59:26 AM  Show Profile
Hahahaha! Dawn you are like a little kid with Christmas!
BB&B will be so much fun with you girls!
TS I wake up when the birds start in too.

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2009 :  09:08:20 AM  Show Profile
Why Alee.... I will just run around naked! HAHA! yuck-o-poo. Haha. Yeah, I thought of that already. And shoes.... sheesh. I wanna bring my cowgirl boots, but they are heavy, and then I have a million and three flip flops, and then tenny's. Yeah, I have it all and I take it all with me. Now remember, I worked in a salon, and I haven't even started on my body products. No, I am not high maintenance... My routine takes about 35 minutes total-ask anyone that was at tmy house.. I just have to take care of the bod I got cuz its my only one! Soooooo..... I'm down to ONE pair of flops, my tennys and still up in the air about my boots. I love those boots. But I think they're gonna have to stay home. And.... there's all my converse shoes. I have leopard print ones, tie dye, and purple polka dots ones. Gosh, I love Converse! I buy em at the second hand places.... okay, still writing out my packing list. Later.

Dawn #279
MJ's Heirloom Mavens-QMD
Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2009 :  12:17:42 PM  Show Profile
Hey, its too quiet here.

Guess what I realized? I'm gonna be at BBB on my 1 year anniversary of FINDING MJF! HOw cool is that???

Dawn #279
MJ's Heirloom Mavens-QMD
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2009 :  06:10:43 AM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
Good morning Mavens,

Yes, Dawn I have a blow dryer.

Did any of you local Mavens see the bird watching class being offered at the farm on June 20Th? It's posted on the forum, can't remember where, sorry. I signed up, any others want to join me? Annika, Amy Grace, it would be soooooo muuuuucccchhhh fuuuunnnnnneeeerrrrr if I had partners in crime, LOL!

Did my testing for school yesterday, no surprises, college level in all but math, which is kintergarden level, : ) I left home at 7am and got home at 9pm. Long day, but I got to see my grandbeasties. Miss Georgia showed me her wiggle-wiggle, which had me laughing so hard I couldn't breathe and the Kintergarden program at Betts Elementery was hilarous, a farm theme. My granddaughter, Faith, was a cow and she did the milk shake dance. Cracked me up. Okay, enough boring you about my wonderful, extremely intelligent, bestest grandbabies in the world chatter. LOL ;^)

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Planting Zone 4

Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2009 :  06:19:38 AM  Show Profile
I hope you got pictures of those farm beasties! I love stuff like that! And its never boring hearing about your families!

Speaking of family, I'll bore you with mine. Audrey, who is, just like me, (apple don't fall far from the tree they say!) got accepted into a physical therapy program for next year in which they only chose 5 students out of 8 counties. Next week she gets to go to Ohio State University (its a camp thing) to work with the sports program there and learn sport medicine basics like wrapping, defibrilator, CPR and....and..... ha! They have to do 3 hours of intense athletic training every day! I sahouldn't laguh cuz, I know my butt couldn't hang... when she graduates she'll be the equlivent of a Junior in college so if she wants to pursue being a PT she can, or go right into sports medicine. YAY! Keeping my fingers crossed that this will pull her head out of her...ahem...you know.

Today is a day off for me. I am now working 3 days a week. (I'm happy. Hubby, not so much) Gonna go mow, and then play with RubyJune for awhile and see what we can create...or destroy....

Dawn #279
MJ's Heirloom Mavens-QMD
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2009 :  07:48:50 AM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
Wow, that's a great program for Audrey, hey when you're old, you could have your own personal physical therapist, haha, don't tell her that, she might not go to the camp, lol!!

Rained a lot last night, can't mow because it's too wet so I guess I'll go clean house so Dawn won't have to be grossed out, lol.

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Planting Zone 4

Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2009 :  08:49:48 AM  Show Profile
Exactly 25 minutes to go at work. Yes, I'm working a Saturday as a co-workers dd is getting married today...stupid girl! Just kidding...kinda.

Hubs is tractor pulling today so I suppose not only am I a farmers wife widow, I can now add tractor pulling widow to that title. Thank goodness for the farm stand and June! June and I went junking yesterday and cleaned up! I got a super cute boot bench that needs a coat of paint, another huge metal wash tub for my herbs, and a couple pieces parts of red enamel-ware. I found a ladle in which I'm using for a candle and some berry stuff. Cute I think.
okay....15 minutes to go. No, it didn't take me 10 minutes to type that, I had a phone call.
Today I'm gonna open the store. I'm hoping for some drive by traffic at the very least. Dont know unless I try. Have a great wknd girls!

Dawn #279
MJ's Heirloom Mavens-QMD
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2009 :  09:36:49 AM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
good luck! Sounds like you have better junkin' out there in O-Hi-O, :0

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Planting Zone 4

Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2009 :  3:12:47 PM  Show Profile
Yeah - definitely better junking!! I used to find stuff like that....sigh.
Teresa Sue - that class sounds great but I am busy that day with - wait for it - a cheese sale. Surprise surprise, it's always a cheese sale with me. Plus I have two new people starting and I am way behind because I've been short staffed so I'll be working extra the next couple weeks - bleah. John went fishing though and Randy is somewhere around town doing "Rosalia Battle Days" so I have the house to myself for a time, I'm going to clean it so that Monday morning when I get up with the house to myself it will be like being in a hotel (yes, my house is clean about as often as I stay in a hotel, sad but true)
It was pouring down rain here, still thundering so I'm hanging out with the dog who has panic attacks when there is thunder instead of planting the last of my garden. Heavy sigh.....Maybe it will dry up by tomorrow.
Talk to y'all later,
Amy Grace

Farmgirl #224
"use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without"
Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2009 :  06:47:03 AM  Show Profile
AG: I'm gonna come out there and buy all the cheese from you so you can come home early! Sound good? lol!

Dawn #279
MJ's Heirloom Mavens-QMD
Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2009 :  09:05:26 AM  Show Profile
That's a lot of cheese Dawn - you'd be bound up for weeks:)
I just reread my post from yesterday and I sound like a total negative nelly - sorry guys. I was just really beat - I actually got a lot of the house cleaned up/organized which is truly impossible when my husband is home - he follows me around and leans on things and watches me work which drives me nuts. "If you got time to lean, you got time to clean!!" Anyhow, today looks like a good planting day - gotta do the rest of the corn and the beans, then start getting the beds ready for the tomatoes, melons, peppers and sunflowers - whew!! Then we have to get the chickens into their outdoor accomodations this week, so off to another busy week.
And waking up to a clean-ish house was awesome. I hope everybody has a great Sunday
Amy Grace

Farmgirl #224
Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2009 :  09:57:46 AM  Show Profile
hello? hellooooo? Are all the Mave's sleeping in today?

Dawn #279
MJ's Heirloom Mavens-QMD
Go to Top of Page

RubyJunes
True Blue Farmgirl

246 Posts

June
Greenwich Ohio
USA
246 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2009 :  10:04:23 AM  Show Profile
No sleeping in here! Just got my books in today's mail...yipeeee! The kids and I just put one of MJ's panbreads into the oven for lunch. Miss Grace is outside pulling weeds, and serenading her kitties while doing so. Bay is gonna help me do some baking this afternoon. tut tut it looks like rain...but we've only seen a few sprinkles thus far, so we'll hold off on watering the garden. Have a few aprons and bags, etc. waiting to be sewn...perhaps after tonight's 4-H meeting. Hope all you gals are doing well this fine Monday!

--June
Farmgirl #545
www.RubyJunes.com
Go to Top of Page

Sue Feely
True Blue Farmgirl

1044 Posts

Sue
Buffalo New York
USA
1044 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2009 :  10:40:36 AM  Show Profile
Just wanted to say hi to both of my new Ohio chums, as you seem to be in the same place right now; miss you both. June, honey, would you send me the recipe for that scrumptious bean thingy!?!?

Sue Feely
Sister #349
Go to Top of Page

RubyJunes
True Blue Farmgirl

246 Posts

June
Greenwich Ohio
USA
246 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2009 :  10:54:30 AM  Show Profile
well hellooooo Buffalo Sue!
The recipe for "that scrumptious bean thingy" is posted on my blog...just click the RubyJunes.com link and you should be magically transported there! LOL! Let me know if you have any questions.

How are you feeling? Hopefully much peppy-er by now! Take care of yourself...the big wedding will be here before you know it!

Hugs!

--June
Farmgirl #545
www.RubyJunes.com
Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2009 :  12:02:55 PM  Show Profile
JUNE!
For having spent most the wknd with you, I miss you already! lol!
I left my phone at home otherwise I would've texted you by now. Are you in book heaven? June and I both got book orders in. I got the Brownie Lovers Bible and Junk something or the other and the FarmChicks Cookbook and Juney-poo got all MJ's books! I am NOT to be trusted with that Brownie Bible. Yummers....

So how's everyone else? I see that Buffalo Sue is feeling better. Good! I am planning a complete "New Yahrk" dinner this week complete with my NY dogs, mustard and sauce. Jerr will be in heaven and then the bathroom.... LOL!

Work stinks today. Everyone's in typical Monday mood. I'm still not 100%...but I need farm fair money. I can't wait to go home and sew up some more goodies, and bake something with the 3000 eggs I have. I made the cutest little bag the other night and a mean egg sammie. talk to ya'll later.

Dawn #279
MJ's Heirloom Mavens-QMD
Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2009 :  12:03:55 PM  Show Profile
PS: I have quite a bit of sour cream. What can I do with it? Can I bake with it?

Dawn #279
MJ's Heirloom Mavens-QMD
Go to Top of Page

RubyJunes
True Blue Farmgirl

246 Posts

June
Greenwich Ohio
USA
246 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2009 :  12:13:16 PM  Show Profile
DAWN! i miss u too! lol

yes, you can bake with your sour cream...and I might have to crash your New Yawk Hawt Dawg partay!

And don't torture yourself with the sewing...paint, I say...PAINT! Do whatever makes your heart happy, what comes easy...

and wow, 3,000 eggs!

--June
Farmgirl #545
www.RubyJunes.com
Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2009 :  12:56:00 PM  Show Profile
Dawn - I'll trade you some cheese for some eggs:D Sounds like Ohio is hopping today. I'm having a down day, guess it's that kind of a weekend;p Oh well, will pull out of it soon I hope. Dawn - I have the Farmchicks cookbook too - I love it, so many cute projects and all the recipes I've tried are good. I'm on a major casserole kick right now, guess I'm longing for potlucks - I think a lot of today's problems could be cured if we just still had potlucks and pinochle nights like we used to.
And June - I hope you enjoy the MJ's books - those are books I reread over and over. Like today when I'm feeling isolated - makes you realize you are part of a larger community, far-flung as it is. I wish y'all could come over for tea - I'm making the Lemon Squares from the new issue of the MJF magazine and they smell lovely!!
Talk to you mavens soon
Amy Grace

Farmgirl #224
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 46 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Maven Teatime Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page