graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - May 18 2009 :  4:24:28 PM  Show Profile
Hi Corinne - good to hear from you, if only briefly, I've been thinkin' about you lately!!
Teresa Sue, I can't really believe you are that conservative:)
I've been planting, taking a short break to get the sunspots out of my eyes, then back at it!! I love this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Farmgirl #224
"use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without"
Go to Top of Page

RubyJunes
True Blue Farmgirl

246 Posts

June
Greenwich Ohio
USA
246 Posts

Posted - May 18 2009 :  6:17:31 PM  Show Profile
Glad to hear you gals are doing great, keeping busy as bees! We've been working hard at getting some new small raised gardens ready to plant...shoveled enough dirt and composted manure for today--whew! Looking forward to helping dear Dawn get her Spring Fling Thing set up, and to meeting all that can attend! Yippee!

June
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - May 18 2009 :  6:28:35 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Well 5 days until I get on the plane and head to Dawn's for Spring Fling, I cant wait. It will be a nice little mini break in the FF planning, although have computer, will work will be my motto I just know. I looked on Google and the weather is suppose to be in the 70's which seems perfect.

Rene~Prosser Farmgirl #185

http://www.maryjanesfarm.com/RFBlog/
www.twitter.com/RuralFarmgirl

Circumstances made us FRIENDS; MaryJane's has made us SISTERS :)
Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - May 19 2009 :  06:15:18 AM  Show Profile
I'm getting nervous and excited!

Sandra and Kelley will not be able to make it. :o(

I still haven't heard from Marcy Jo.... although I did get Miss Sue's bus schedule and of course am on the phone daily with Lora. The T-shirts are done!!!! OMG, they are the CUTEST DANG THINGS!
Kris, I will have Lora mail yours out this week before she comes to Ohio.

I am hopefully going home early today to make some beer bread (cuz it's the only kind I know how to make well), and put the finishing touches on the house... (vaccuum up more dog hair...)

Then I have my list of outside things to do... mow one more time, and situate my plants that are still alive. thank goodness for my June Bug (do ya like that name June??) she has cleared her schedule to come over tomorrow and Thursday, Friday and Saturday to help and visit.

Will talk with ya'll later. Oh, go to my blog and see my dd's Prom pic! She's smokin! And me? Not so much! Maybe a bit charred.

40 days til I get on a westbound 747 and tear up Washington and Idaho!!

Dawn #279
MJ's Heirloom Mavens-QMD
http://harvestthyme.blogspot.com
~live big, ride hard, and shoot straight~
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - May 19 2009 :  08:09:40 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Sounds like things are really coming together for you, Dawn! Hope SF goes well!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

homemom
True Blue Farmgirl

1593 Posts

Ruth
Warwick RI
USA
1593 Posts

Posted - May 19 2009 :  10:32:18 AM  Show Profile
Dawn~your daughter is gorgeous. I hope she had a great time at her prom. I'm crying over here because I won't be able to come to Spring Fling. So sad for me. I so wish I could be there~i'll be there in spirit.

Corinne~so nice to hear from you. Sorry to hear about your garden.

It's been so busy here between the garden and trying to get school finished. Some days I can hardly catch my breath. This weekend I did take quite a bit of me time just to recuperate from all of it. I spent the weekend relaxing and reading A Homemade Life. I loved it!!!!!!!!!!!!! I really needed that.

I hope you are all doing well. Miss chatting with you. I know everyone is busy, busy with their gardens.

Ruth

Living the farm life in my heart.
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/Ruth
http://farmgirlinmyheart.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - May 19 2009 :  7:56:15 PM  Show Profile
Hey Dawn, I'm feeling a bit charred myself!!

Farmgirl #224
Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - May 21 2009 :  04:52:20 AM  Show Profile
LOL!

well I have to take a mnute to bragon our mnew Maven Miss RubyJune. She came over last night and completely put the store in order. Alphabetized my seeds. Did my dishes, cut bags. I'm so grateful for Maven friends! Rene will be here in less than 30 hours, as well as Lora, Marcy, June, and I'm picking Miss Sue up tonight.....
I feel like that kid in the Disney commercial...the one that cant sleep cuz he's "so excited".... The farm looks really nice... mowed, flowers are starting to bloom. theres a fresh coating of dog hair on the floor... ahhh, country life.

Okay, I'm off to run an errand then off to work where no doubt I'll make a couple more posts... Mwah!

Dawn #279
MJ's Heirloom Mavens-QMD

Edited by - deeredawn on May 21 2009 04:52:39 AM
Go to Top of Page

RubyJunes
True Blue Farmgirl

246 Posts

June
Greenwich Ohio
USA
246 Posts

Posted - May 21 2009 :  8:08:02 PM  Show Profile
Hey you! No need to brag on me, I'm just trying to be helpful in any way possible!

I'm so proud of you, Dawn--you're doing a SUPER job!

Sue has arrived at Dawn's homestead, and I'm looking forward to hanging out with her tomorrow! She brought some realllly great stuff from New York! Can hardly wait to meet the rest of the gang that's due to arrive. You fellow Mavens that can't join us in person are with us in spirit! I'll try to get some pictures to share with you! This is all soooo exciting!

Here's wishing each of you a wonderful Memorial Day weekend!

--June

Edited by - RubyJunes on May 21 2009 8:26:07 PM
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - May 21 2009 :  10:18:07 PM  Show Profile
wishing you all a very fun time.

~I Dream of a Better World..where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned!~
blogs:http://gardengoose.blogspot.com/
and http://thevictorygardener.blogspot.com
magazine: www.stliving.net
etsy shops: http://GardenGooseGifts.etsy.com
and http://myvictorygarden.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - May 21 2009 :  11:00:37 PM  Show Profile
Wishing my Mavenly Sisters a faboo time at Spring Fling this year!
Waaaaaaaaa! I would have loved to win the lotto so that I could come play too. I hope you all have a terrific time! *HUGS*!!!!!

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - May 22 2009 :  04:42:47 AM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
Dawn, good luck to you at your FIRST ANNUAL SPRING FLING!! Wish I could be there. Hope y'all have a wonderful time, and everyone be safe in your travels.

Hi everyone else, good to hear from you. I'm up way early, I'll finish today, probably no later than noon. Then I have nine days to work like crazy at home. I swear I have a list a mile long to get done.

Everyone have a great holiday and make sure you get plenty of bbq in your diet this weekend!

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Planting Zone 4

"Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly." The Dalai Lama
Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - May 22 2009 :  04:57:53 AM  Show Profile
hola!

YUM! Sue made the BEST ever pumpkin bread... which I'm eating now. I am off to work while the girls play and go junkin.... I will check in with ya'll later.

Kisses!

Dawn #279
MJ's Heirloom Mavens-QMD
Go to Top of Page

homemom
True Blue Farmgirl

1593 Posts

Ruth
Warwick RI
USA
1593 Posts

Posted - May 22 2009 :  05:38:12 AM  Show Profile
I am wishing you a most wonderful first Spring Fling. I hope it is a magnificent time for all the mavens who are able to be there. I can't wait to see pictures and hear all about it from you. Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!! Wishing you lots of sunshine and success. Wish I could be there with you. I will be there in spirit and thinking of you during this weekend.

Ruth

Living the farm life in my heart.
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/Ruth
http://farmgirlinmyheart.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Sue Feely
True Blue Farmgirl

1044 Posts

Sue
Buffalo New York
USA
1044 Posts

Posted - May 22 2009 :  07:04:01 AM  Show Profile
Arrived at Dawns last eve. WOW what a great place, so country and comfy, Amish buggies traveling up and down the road past her house; it is truly beautiful here, like a spa to a city girl!

Sue Feely
Sister #349
Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - May 22 2009 :  07:12:38 AM  Show Profile
YEAH...
if by "spa" you like the smell of horse poo! Just kidding. How weird is it that Sue is posting from my computer at home and I'm posting from work?

I just ate a store bought cookie....Banana Split flavored and I'm not kidding. YUM! Totally banana split flavored. I'm counting down the minutes until I can go home and visit with everyone.

Guess what??? I got an email from Karen! I am doing the happy dance in my chair at work, which kinda looks like I have to pee....but its really a dance.

Omg, its ONLY 10 am.... kill me now. 3.5 hours to go...... soooo whats everyone into today?

Dawn #279
MJ's Heirloom Mavens-QMD
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - May 22 2009 :  07:24:28 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Cool, Dawn! Wish I could have come! Give everyone a hug for me, okay?

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - May 22 2009 :  12:27:44 PM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
I'm done at the cemetery!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Planting Zone 4

"Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly." The Dalai Lama
Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - May 23 2009 :  6:45:27 PM  Show Profile
Yay Dawn and Teresa Sue for the Spring Fling and finishing at the Cemetery respectively!!!!
we are workin' this weekend - ran out of time to double dig so we went in on renting a rototiller with the in-laws, didn't really save us any money but then I knew we had a definite date to get it done!! I finished planting all the greens and root veggies today too, plus we took a trip to the dump. Tomorrow I will stake out the beds for the rest of the garden, not sure if I will risk planting yet or wait till next week - I had to scrape my windows Thursday morning still.
Dawn - so glad you heard from Karen!! I have a chicken question for you - we have one chick that looks nothing like any of the pictures in the catalog - she is pale yellow with grey feet, her feathers are coming in grayish whitish - any ideas? Her name is Dorothy if that helps :)
Talk to y'all soon
Amy Grace

Farmgirl #224
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - May 23 2009 :  7:24:30 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
TS- Great job getting done at the Cemetray!

AG (By the way those are my initials from when I had my maiden name so using them always makes me look twice!) Anyway- I was just up the road from you last night! I stayed the night at Firemama's house!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

Corinnelouise
True Blue Farmgirl

957 Posts

Corinne
France
957 Posts

Posted - May 24 2009 :  04:11:04 AM  Show Profile
Girls, who are at Dawn's, I hope you are having a fantastic time. I saw the pictures that Rene posted, you all look so good and so cool.
Teresa Sue, good job done, I owe you an email but wanted to let you time to finish at the cemetery before I interrupted you.
Annika, how are you doing ? I miss your posts.
Amy Grace, enjoy your time in between work shifts.
Hugs to ya'll, Mavens and readers.
Corinne

Sister # 101
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - May 24 2009 :  05:30:46 AM  Show Profile
Corinne! Hugs!

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - May 24 2009 :  06:02:45 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Good Morning Mavens!

Nora is outside having her fingers sucked on by a baby goat. The sun is rising and one of the first things I did today was check to see if the black mare Bint Nema had foaled in the night. She hasn't so I might get to see a birth today! How wonderful is that?!

I got to see my horse last night! Oh she is looking fantastic! I can't wait to start playing around with her and getting her used to me again!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - May 25 2009 :  6:01:53 PM  Show Profile
me.....so......sleepy. Going to bed with visions of sun-kissed mavens dancing in my head. And a hilarious parting shot of Marcy Jo with her car PACKED TO THE GILLS with all her goodies found "on the road". Am gonna try to nurse a pot of coffee all day tomorrow and update the blog and the etsy since we are expecting rain.

Sue, I cried the whole way home. But happy you are on your way to yours. For those of you that weren't there, Sue is the Mistress of Potato Salad, and a wonder in the kitchen. She waited on me hand and foot, prepped food, washed dishes, and gave me a sense of having a "mom" again. I love you.

Marcy, Marcy, Marcy. Queen of laughs. GREAT HAIR! And can sweep a garage sale clean in a snap! So much fun to be around. Truly a kindred sister to me. Hillbillies, unite! Yee haw!

Lora: My bestie. You and Lance are amazing. Slayers of pork butts and bbq sauce! Lora makes amazing beewax candles and soap. Lora is the kind of friend that will be there for you. Sitting next to you in the cell plotting our grand escape! I love being an "aunt" to Lliam and finally having a brother...even if he DOES where an apron and moonlights secretly as a Walmart greeter.

Rene: You rock. And roll. And are a total trip. Thanks to you, I've come to recognized and accept the "LaDonna" in me. The laughs, the tears and the friendship. You are my crispy fried idol.

Ruby June: Matron of the market. She kept shop in a 90 degree shed. She quilts, she paints, she candle makes.... She's Super June! And truly a dear (ahem, deere) friend. We were meant to be. See? Imaginary friends are cool!

To Sandy, Janice, Carrie, and Lynne: We sure made a great gaggle of gals! I simply cannot wait for new moments/memories to be made! All of you are such talented ladies. Thank you thank you for making my farm market dream come to life!

Nighty nite.... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Dawn #279
MJ's Heirloom Mavens-QMD
Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - May 25 2009 :  6:59:46 PM  Show Profile
Oh my goodness it sounds like y'all had fun - wish I coulda been there:)
Alee - how cool you got to hang out with Amanda, just did that a couple weeks ago and we had a great time.
We've been busy this weekend - dump, rototiller, plumbing parts, kids for dinner, family picnic in town, buying flowers, planting etc. etc.
I got the best new toy - a shop-vac, seriously my basement/mudroom/basement stairs have not been seriously cleaned in years. Our house was a rental for years and shows it and you just can't sweep all that up so I got a shop-vac, I'm having so much fun with it!! It's the little things.....
Hope everybody had a good memorial day
Amy Grace

Farmgirl #224
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 46 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Maven Teatime Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page