Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - May 11 2009 :  09:54:58 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Sounds good gals! I was thinking of making a batch for farm fair. I guess I will just make it a big batch to make sure I have enough. I usually leave this unscented so people can add their own essential oils to their laundry soap. But I might make a batch with a touch of fresh linen fragrance thrown in. I really love that scent!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - May 11 2009 :  2:27:10 PM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
Can't wait to see your soaps Alee.

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Planting Zone 4

"Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly." The Dalai Lama
Go to Top of Page

homemom
True Blue Farmgirl

1593 Posts

Ruth
Warwick RI
USA
1593 Posts

Posted - May 12 2009 :  07:49:01 AM  Show Profile
Hello! Maven friends!!

I have missed all of you!! Things have been so busy here. We have been working on the garden and homeschooling like mad so we can be done by the end of this month. I had our local homeschool convention to attend a couple of weekends ago, too. I have been busy sewing and crocheting, too. I have some pictures on my blog of the things I've been making.

I wish I could come to Spring Fling. It's not going to work out for me. It will be a busy time~my parent's anniversary, my anniversary and my mil's birthday. Super busy.

I am so happy with how the garden is coming out. So far I have kale, lettuce (2 types), beans (3 types) and spinach out in the garden. I have tomatoes, cukes, squash, melons, gourds and corn in the greenhouse. They are all from SSE seeds and so far they all look great. I just can't wait until they start yielding. My husband built a garden enclosure to keep the rabbits and squirrels out. I will have to take pictures and post them on my blog.

Have a great gardening day!!!!!!!!!!

Ruth

Living the farm life in my heart.
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/Ruth
http://farmgirlinmyheart.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

farmmommy
True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Kelley
Texas
USA
500 Posts

Posted - May 12 2009 :  11:34:09 AM  Show Profile
Good Afternoon MavenS!

Alee- do you sell your soap on etsy? By the way..I think you gave me your head cold!!!..lol...I'm WAAAAAy under the weather today! Of course it may have something to do with the fact that I moved my master bedroom to Emily's old room, my living room to the actual den (previous master), the dinning room to where the living room WAS, and turned the old dinning area into a breakfast nook yesterday!!!

Sterling came home and didn't know where he was, and had to sleep with lights on last night! LMAO!!! But I was quite proud of myself....that was ALOT of furniture to move!!! Only problem now is that I no longer have my "maven cave" aka - sewing and crafting room....but...oh, well! Sewing season is over for me for a few months anyways.

Dawn...I soooooooo wish I could be there to help you out!!!! You are in my thoughts!!! Hang in there chick!!!! TTYL
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - May 13 2009 :  06:49:32 AM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
Hahahahaha, my hubbs HATES it when I move the furniture, but, comon' it's essential part of being a woman, right, lol!

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Planting Zone 4

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - May 13 2009 :  07:10:53 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Hi Kelley-

No I don't sell on Etsy, but I have my own website... www.awarmheart.com I re did the website a few months ago, but haven't redone the paypal shopping buttons. I will be updating the webiste again here in the next day or so I think. Right now I have Lemom, Lemon Shaving Soap, Lavender, Fresh Linen, and Pomogranate Shampoo bars (The shampoo bars would melt faster than that hand soap because they are a softer soap).

I am going to be making some more soap this week- I am going to make a tea tree oil soap to help with Acne, a lavender and lemon soap, and a peppermint soap at the very least. I also have some Cherry Blossom Fragrance oil and a Tropical Mix fragrace oil that I want to try out.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - May 13 2009 :  07:14:22 AM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
WoW!!! I just had some of Amy Grace's cinnamon peach butter on my toast, Sooooooo yummmmmy! Thanks AG!

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Planting Zone 4

Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - May 13 2009 :  10:22:36 AM  Show Profile
HI girls. Hahaha, I'm on the blackball list again. I can't stop laughing.... theres a thread about "modest dressing"... .yeah, my devil horns are out.... I mean, seriously? I understand where the thought is coming from over there, but....seriously? giggle giggle snort.... it 2009 ladies. Hellloooooo! We are not Laura Ingalls Wilder. I have boobs, hear me roar! I'm done. I promise. I will not instigate farmgirls, I will not instigate farmgirls, I will not instigate farmgirls... except for this one thought.. We have witchy farmgirls and I've not read ONE post about the morals/values of that, but we have to disect attire? oh my.....and to be fair to all my "green witches" my grandma was one so I'm not opposed entirely...okay onto normal stuff.

Okay, gardening! It is too flippin cold here in Ohio to plant! jerry and I are afraid to put anything in the ground because it needs to WARM UP! We will have 2 more days of 70's and then 50's by the weekend. Last year we were already 80 about now. poop. I'm stressing!

Speaking of stressing, my house looks like abomb went off in it. In cleaning, I'm gutting. In gutting, I'm re-arranging. In re-arranging I'm overwhemed. I need a back hoe. And a dumpster.

Okay, enough of me. I'm outty. Got farmgirl stuff to do in my low cut top and wicked tight jeans! HAHAHAHAHA!

Dawn #279
MJ's Heirloom Mavens-QMD
http://harvestthymefarm.etsy.com
http://harvestthyme.blogspot.com
~live big, ride hard, and shoot straight~
Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - May 13 2009 :  10:47:19 AM  Show Profile
still giggling.... me thinks I should lay low from the "farm threads" for awhile. I try so hard to not have an opinion.... tee hee.... I try so darn hard to not type!!!! lol....still laughing....

Dawn #279
MJ's Heirloom Mavens-QMD
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - May 13 2009 :  10:52:56 AM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
hehehe....and you wonder why you have a devil by your name......lol

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Planting Zone 4

Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - May 13 2009 :  11:00:40 AM  Show Profile
Heeheehee...Dawn, you rock sister! horns and all!

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - May 13 2009 :  3:27:45 PM  Show Profile
Dawn, you are such a goofball(that is a compliment), I love it!!
Amy Grace

Farmgirl #224
"use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without"
Go to Top of Page

Sue Feely
True Blue Farmgirl

1044 Posts

Sue
Buffalo New York
USA
1044 Posts

Posted - May 13 2009 :  3:31:37 PM  Show Profile
Dawn Dear -

Would it be better to arrive Friday early evening. I see you have to work; or if its better I can come Thursday evening, then you can work Friday and leave instructions on what I can do for you. I am actually looking to come in via Greyhound Bus.

Sue Feely
Sister #349
Go to Top of Page

farmmommy
True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Kelley
Texas
USA
500 Posts

Posted - May 14 2009 :  07:10:47 AM  Show Profile
Morning!

TS_ I DO believe that moving furniture is part of being a woman!!! LOL....I think that is probably one little lady quirk Sterling will just never understand!!!

Hey Sue - I got the socks!!!! THANK YOU!! they are sooooo cute!! I did have to giggle a bit though....we haven't had a chilly morning here since I don't know when...lol....but, I did discover that they are the PERFECT legnth to wear under my rubber boots....and with all the rain we are STILL getting here, I've had to wear my rubber boots ALOT!!!! So, the socks couldn't have come at a better time!!!! They really cut down on the "rubber burn" I tend to get around the top edges of the boots!

Well, it's raining cats and dogs AGAIN here today, so needless to say, I won't be in the garden today, which is a shame because my wonderberries are blooming!!!! And I have decided to just plant them in containers since I only have 4 plants....sure would hate for all the rain to kill the only 4 plants I have!

HEY TS- since I put my gooseberries out in the garden last week, they have gone great guns!!! I tell ya...those little plants are TROOPERS!! Hope yours do just as well!!

Dawn - you are so full of P*ss & Vinegar!! You just crack me up!! Hey...how did your field trip go yesterday? Learn anything you can pass on to us Mavens?? Did you take notes? Did she have a great set up? What all is she growing? Does she have commercial size greenhouses, or hobby size? How long has she been doing it? Did you tell her about MJF? (Probably a stupid question..LMAO!) Think she'd want to become a Farmgirl? Does she need a protoge'?...LOL...Wouldn't that be a dream job???? Ok, maybe not for everyone, but definately for me!!!! Ok, well, tell all....I want details!!! Maybe I'll call ya and we can talk about it over honeydew belinis!!!!!

Oh, hey...that gives me an idea!!!!! We should have Maven NIGHT!!!!!! We can all get on a conference call over honeydew belinins and talk dirt!!!!!!,,,is that even possible???? If it's not, it should be!!!!

Ok....need to get going...9 am and haven't gotten a single thing accomplished...need to go be productive!!!! TTYL!!!
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - May 14 2009 :  07:23:14 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
How are all the Mavens this morning?!

I am getting eggs delivered and totally forgot it was today! The poor egg delivery guy knocked on my door and I was still in my bathrobe! (and nothing else as I just got done showering) OOPS! Good thing it is big and fluffy and was tied closed! That should teach me not to sit down to check my email until I am dressed! LOL

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - May 14 2009 :  07:44:27 AM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
Good morning Mavens

Just a quick pop in, but it is sure good to hear from y'all. It's raining here today, but after today it's supposed to be really nice for at least a week, sooooo this is my last reprieve from the cemetery till after Memorial Day. I won't be on much at all until I get that out of the way. Then it will be a life of leisure, NOT! hahahaha. Then I can get into a schedule at the cemetery, work on my garden, yard, house, quilts,......................no rest for the wicked, hehehehe.

Dawn what is Kelley talking about? Did you recon on somebody's farm/business? Do tell all,:^)

Amy Grace I would love to come over this summer, I'll probably need some more of that peach butter by then*grin*. It's yummy, I made bread yesterday so I had toast this morning with my tea and that wonderful peach cinnamon butter. Yum....... oh,, don't worry, we all will get together, I'm sure we will all see each other in 6 weeks(yes, dears, it is ONLY 6 weeks before BBB)and then the ice will be broken and we'll make plans to see each other. Then we can discuss a Women's Soul Recharging group, lol!!!! Well, I had better go get dressed and hit the ground runnin' cause I have a lot to get done today before I have to spend the next 8 days working on my tombstone areobic plan, lol.

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Planting Zone 4

Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - May 14 2009 :  12:05:20 PM  Show Profile
knock. knock....

okay, its safe in here! (yes, I now know WHY I have horns...)

Kelley, could you honestly fit another question in that paragraph? LOL!

Okay, so I had a cold call from a girl who delivers heritage turkey eggs to the hatchery. She saw my MJ stickers in the back of my car and wanted to know who the farmgirl was. So she gives me her mom's number because Mom owns some green houses and does a lot of heirloom varieties. I didn't get a chance to call her mom and yesterday out of the blue Mom calls and invites me over. So I went and her set up is wonderful. She is offering to bring plants to the Fling as well as some of the stuff she sews (she's a seamstress too). Then she tells me that her neighbor/friend is a horticulturist that can give me all kinds of advice and tips on how to grow heirlooms. She offered to invite her to the Fling. So keeping my fingers crossed that this goes well. AND if Fling goes like I think it might, I MAY have to move it next year because with all this ionterest drumming up, I may not have the space/parking etc.

When Jerry and I got married we did it at a gazebo in his hometown and had the reception at a park with a "convention" type building. From what I remember, it was dirt cheap to rent that, and they had potty's and a kitchen. BUT, it would lose the farm quality to it.

Sue, I am emailing you asap re: arrival. Then I will need to let June know so that she can pick you up depending on the time. Its all good! Okay, its 3pm here, I've got a migraine and just got up to check in on all of you. Talk to you later.

Dawn #279
MJ's Heirloom Mavens-QMD
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - May 14 2009 :  12:32:24 PM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
Sooooooo....what I want to know is.....Dawn, if you and Jer did it in the Gazebo, what did you tell the people you rented it from? Was it all like, "Hey, we just got married and we want to rent this gazebo, ya know, to do it in?"

Sorry!!!Couln't resist...I'm all giddy, my seedlings are starting to come up

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Planting Zone 4

Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - May 14 2009 :  12:34:01 PM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by deeredawn

knock. knock....

okay, its safe in here! (yes, I now know WHY I have horns...)

Kelley, could you honestly fit another question in that paragraph? LOL!

Okay, so I had a cold call from a girl who delivers heritage turkey eggs to the hatchery. She saw my MJ stickers in the back of my car and wanted to know who the farmgirl was. So she gives me her mom's number because Mom owns some green houses and does a lot of heirloom varieties. I didn't get a chance to call her mom and yesterday out of the blue Mom calls and invites me over. So I went and her set up is wonderful. She is offering to bring plants to the Fling as well as some of the stuff she sews (she's a seamstress too). Then she tells me that her neighbor/friend is a horticulturist that can give me all kinds of advice and tips on how to grow heirlooms. She offered to invite her to the Fling. So keeping my fingers crossed that this goes well. AND if Fling goes like I think it might, I MAY have to move it next year because with all this ionterest drumming up, I may not have the space/parking etc.

When Jerry and I got married we did it at a gazebo in his hometown and had the reception at a park with a "convention" type building. From what I remember, it was dirt cheap to rent that, and they had potty's and a kitchen. BUT, it would lose the farm quality to it.

Sue, I am emailing you asap re: arrival. Then I will need to let June know so that she can pick you up depending on the time. Its all good! Okay, its 3pm here, I've got a migraine and just got up to check in on all of you. Talk to you later.

Dawn #279
MJ's Heirloom Mavens-QMD

See, you did all that worrying for nothingJust let it happen

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Planting Zone 4

Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - May 14 2009 :  4:30:12 PM  Show Profile
ROFL Teresa Sue!!
Okay, I can make it through this last day of crappy weather!! I just wrote a bunch more but when I read it it made no sense whatsoever so I will have to hope for some coherence later. I love the connections you are making Dawn!!
Amy Grace

Farmgirl #224
"use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without"
Go to Top of Page

Corinnelouise
True Blue Farmgirl

957 Posts

Corinne
France
957 Posts

Posted - May 15 2009 :  04:06:23 AM  Show Profile
Hello MAvens, sorry I have been away for a while but after loosing my hopes to have a garden this year, due to my father beheaviour, I have decided to try a square foot container planting in a place of the garden where he never goes.
I had a few squash and melon seeds that were in the 4 leaves stages when he decided they needed more watering... 3 days after, they were rotten at gound level from too much water.
So now, I have melon and squash, a few rare beans and some heirloom tomatoes plus some basil and next week, I will sow some cilantro as well.
I have been foraging for wild asparagus and have got quite a few, they taste sooo good.
I feel so glad for you all who are going to SF and so impressed by your luck and great sense of welcome Dawn, wish I could be a little bird perched on a branch.
Corinne
Corinne

Sister # 101
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - May 15 2009 :  06:12:18 AM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
AG, I know, I can be so bad. Don't really mean to, I'm really conservative, but sometimes it just comes out.........

Hi Corinne*waving wildly*, miss you. I am jealous of your fresh asparagus forays though, yum.

Just a quick hi to all, I'm off to the cemetery today, the big push for MD is here!

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Planting Zone 4

Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - May 15 2009 :  07:39:27 AM  Show Profile
Oh. My ..... garsh.....

What the hello has gotten into you TS? And you have the audacity to put horns after MY name??? Too funny.... I can't wait to get away on vacation!!! Yesterday I slept until 3pm! I'm still tired!

Dawn #279
MJ's Heirloom Mavens-QMD
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - May 15 2009 :  07:50:13 AM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
LOL! *shrug* what can I say? hahaha.

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Planting Zone 4

Go to Top of Page

Corinnelouise
True Blue Farmgirl

957 Posts

Corinne
France
957 Posts

Posted - May 18 2009 :  07:32:42 AM  Show Profile
Happy belated birthday to JessiLynn and Lanna, respectively born on may 4 and may 5 th.
So sorry gals I've missed your big day, but hope you had a blast and were surrounded by love.
Hugs,
Corinne

Sister # 101
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 46 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Maven Teatime Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page