True Blue Farmgirl

1044 Posts

Sue
Buffalo New York
USA
1044 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2009 :  6:59:09 PM  Show Profile
Gosh Alee -

Thanks for that suggestion, I'll try that with the rest, sounds like it should work just fine!

Sue Feely
Sister #349
Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2009 :  7:29:08 PM  Show Profile
HI chicks! It's about 10:30 here and I'm NOWHERE near going to bed. Just thought I'd pop in for a quick hello.

AG: these stupid black outs come and go. I think it has to do with stress. I just keep plugging along tho! The symptoms change everytime with it. This time its pain in my legs to the point they shake and give out and I sit and cry. But the last 4 days have been pretty mild.... weird symptoms for a weird gal!

The plant markers sound really cute! I will have to try them!

Okay, off to washa the 'facha'.... i think that's face in Italian. If not, then I hope I didn't curse! I dated a guy who's mom was always sayin "manja! manja la facha!" I think it literally means 'feed your face'. And that I did. That was the best part of dating him!

Dawn #279
MJ's Heirloom Mavens-QMD
http://harvestthymefarm.etsy.com
http://harvestthyme.blogspot.com
~live big, ride hard, and shoot straight~
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2009 :  7:37:52 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Sue- Glad I could help!!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Sue Feely
True Blue Farmgirl

1044 Posts

Sue
Buffalo New York
USA
1044 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2009 :  05:30:53 AM  Show Profile
Dawn -

Slow down honey! Can I do anything for you?

Sue Feely
Sister #349
Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2009 :  09:19:12 AM  Show Profile
<giggle> I dont do "slow". Nor do I sit, rest, relax, stop, quit, etc etc.... lol.... I dont know why, I just cant sit still!!!

Dawn #279
MJ's Heirloom Mavens-QMD
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2009 :  09:39:47 AM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
Hey Dawn, if our "schedule" has some free time would you be up to helping me paint my kitchen floor? It had carpet glued down to it when we moved in. I tore that up, scraped off the foam glued to the floor and tried to peel up the lino to get to the wood floor beneath it, the lino WOULD NOT come up, which later I found out was the asbestes stuff, so I guess that's just as well. Then I tried to paint it to looke like bricks, and it was okay, but it needs a freshing up. I thought I would try to paint it to look like that old lino that was a main color with all the spots of other colors, or just sponge paint it, that always hides a multitude of sins. It would be a lot of work tho, we'd have to move the fridge, etc.

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Planting Zone 3

"Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly." The Dalai Lama
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2009 :  12:42:43 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Wow Teresa! That sounds like a big project, but lots of fun!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

marcy jo
True Blue Farmgirl

453 Posts

Marcy
Wawaka Indiana
USA
453 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2009 :  1:02:05 PM  Show Profile  Send marcy jo a Yahoo! Message
Hi Gals! Just a quick note...got lots of things started this weekend..front porch looks like a picture out of better homes and garden! Seeds are going taters are almost in the ground...I am working on graduation announcements and mothers day gifts and a prom dress too!!! I have decided that I can not work in the factory..I am just miserable, I talked to DH last night and he said as long as I pay my personal bills he doesnt care how I make the money!! SO SWEET! I think he liked me being home all that time and being happy! I am on a mission now to stop punching that time clock!!!!

Marcy #257

http://marcysmarket.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2009 :  1:26:59 PM  Show Profile
TS: YES! oh fun! A remodel! I've never done a floor before! I'm game!

Dawn #279
MJ's Heirloom Mavens-QMD
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2009 :  2:26:51 PM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
Great Dawn!
Yea Marcy!!!

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Planting Zone 3

Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2009 :  5:35:16 PM  Show Profile
Cool Marcy Jo, glad to hear you have an exit plan.
Dawn - I know all about stress related stuff, although my physical symptoms are nowhere near what your body is doing to you....I just get these minor irritation things
I'm hoping for some nicer weather soon....
Amy Grace

Farmgirl #224
"use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without"
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2009 :  06:20:12 AM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
Nice weather? What the cabbage is that? LOL!

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Planting Zone 3

Edited by - Contrary Wife on Apr 29 2009 09:22:38 AM
Go to Top of Page

farmmommy
True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Kelley
Texas
USA
500 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2009 :  06:28:08 AM  Show Profile
Morning Maves.......Sounds like everyone is their usual "busy" I have been so busy I'm barely on here anymore! Sure miss all of ya~!

Dawn, Sorry you haven't been feeling well......I know the feeling,...well--kinda....I have been having bad blood sugar probs the last couple of weeks....the spells have now been hitting with no warning. I used to atleast have time to grab juice or peanut butter crackers and shove them in my face at the first signs of "wooziness" , but not anymore!! It hits quick and quite violently....last tuesday my hands were shaking so badly I kept dropping my food, and finally just stuck a straw in my juice. I used to have bad spells with my blood sugar when I was a child, and my poor parents would have to come find me and carry me back to the house or camp because my blood sugar would plumit so quickly that I would just faint right where I stood with no warning! So Dawn.....I sympathize with you, I know what I'm going thru is nothing compared to that, but I know you, and also know how it must be driving you nuts!!!

Well.....I am experiencing some issues with my heirloom tomatoes already, think they may be harder to grow than hybrids, just like all the books keep telling me. I have lost several, and am PRAYING I don't lose anymore!!!! My little heart will just break if I lose all of them, I have babied them so much from the start....I don't think that there are tomato seedling out there that are loved and pampered as much as mine!!

Gail....wanted to tell you...the lady lavender and gloriosa daisy that you sent me are doing WONDERFUL!!! However...the fairwell to springs just killed over one day....I don't have a clue what I did wrong!!! But.....I have about 6 or 7 little seeds left, so I'm gonna try again!!!

Well...need to get going!! Found out that the ants have been harvesting our corn seeds!!!!! AAARRRRRGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!! For all of you that don't have to deal with fireants.......ya'll are SOOOOOOO lucky!!! They are such TERRIBLE things....urg...and so are mosquitos!!!! Our whole family is already eat up with mosquito and fireant bites!!!!! Lots of ants to kill today!!! It is becoming a daily chore!!!

Hope that everyone has a great wednesday!!!! Any advice on keeping heirloom tomato seedlings alive would be awesome...hint hint....wink!!! TTYL!
Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2009 :  06:30:47 AM  Show Profile
Speaking of cabbage, mine is going CRAZY. As well as the broccoli. So Marcy, you will definitely have starts. I cant stay on this contraption long today. I'm having a farmgirl meeting with my local gals Sunday and this house needs cleaned. Those 3.5 days of 80 degree weather didn't help the inside case much. If I didn't have 3 stupid dogs, I wouldnt have to clean so much... oh yes I would. I'd still have a husband.

Marcy I'm really happy for you. My goal is to pay off the credit card I have about the same time I'm done with child support. Then I'm quitting. As long as I can make my bills on the part time hours I have, I'm good.

AG: the funny thing is, I never FEEL like I'm under stress. Like, I dont feel stressed out, exasperated etc. I just roll with the punches, but the symptoms come and go. Like this week. I'm really good. No headaches, no leg pain. I dont get it. (shrug) I'm just weird....

Okay, I have about 12 egg yolk tomato seed containers to plant. I'm outtie!

Dawn #279
MJ's Heirloom Mavens-QMD
Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2009 :  06:34:02 AM  Show Profile
Kelley Belley: I am calling you this aft.... I haven't had a laugh in awhile. For those of you that have never talked to Kelley before.... your side stitches thank you. However, me and she got bizzzzness to talk about.....hey! you're calling me now!!!

Dawn #279
MJ's Heirloom Mavens-QMD
Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2009 :  6:49:16 PM  Show Profile
Well, I'm hoping nice weather is something that will visit our region before too long.....At least the wind quit blowing so darn hard, yesterday was miserable
Amy Grace

Farmgirl #224
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2009 :  8:32:03 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Okay- I have to whine. My knee hurts. It hurts and I didn't even do anything! Sheesh. I am thinking of having a doc check it out because it has been "bad" for about 3 years now. I am tired of random lameness!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

farmmommy
True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Kelley
Texas
USA
500 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2009 :  06:17:24 AM  Show Profile
morning maves!!! Well.....I actually got not a single thing accomplished yesterday@!!!! My mother came in to town, and the rest is history!!! But we got ANOTHER 2 inches of rain yesterday...and probably more on the way!!!

Alee...so sorry t hear about your knee hurting....I just hate pain!

AG- I'll keep my fingers crossed that the wind quits blowing for you.....The wind can be a real pain when it blows that hard!

TS - I hope your weather perks up for ya!!!

I've got seeds to plant...so need to get going!!!!
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2009 :  07:02:19 AM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Good Morning Mavens,
Things have been crazy here, we had some awesome hig 70 degree weather and sunny and now we are back to frost and cold wet days... I guess it's Spring. Things are progressing in the garden which is so much fun. My strawberries and Rhubarb are just going to town. I chose to leave my lettuce in the cold frame and I am glas that I did, it too is doing really well. peas and beans are up and all the berries are looking so great, oh and the grapes are getting leaves. You know I was so worried about the apricots but, looks like we will have a healthy crop of those as well. My tomatoes are still inside as are the 100 yellow hollyhocks I planted, we will see how they do. ( who knew there were that many seeds in one package of hollyhocks).. guess I do, now. Looks like we have another day of rain ahead of us... drats!

Rene~Prosser Farmgirl #185
http://farmchicksfarm.blogspot.com/http://renenaturallyspeaking.blogspot.com/

Circumstances made us FRIENDS; MaryJane's has made us SISTERS :)
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2009 :  07:14:00 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Rene- I'll trade my snow for your rain

Isn't it funny how weather see-saws back and forth during spring. Soon enough it will be scorching hot summer and we wil wonder what we were complaining about!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2009 :  07:32:54 AM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
Hi farmgirls,

Hey Kelley, AG and I only live like 30 or so miles from each other so maybe with you wishing us BOTH good weather it will come TRUE!!!!!LOL-I hope!

Hope your knee is better Alee.

Rene', man, you get all the good weather,;^)

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Planting Zone 3

Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2009 :  09:02:51 AM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
TS Well I guess we do.. It is now SUNNY OUT! I am doing the happy dance.. Hey, just a reminder for the maven's on the Palouse. Amy Warwick will be having her book signing from 2-4 tomorrow at Ditsy's in Oakesdale.. I ( along with a couple of the prosserfarmchicks) will be there... Hope to see you all there.

Rene~Prosser Farmgirl #185
http://farmchicksfarm.blogspot.com/http://renenaturallyspeaking.blogspot.com/

Circumstances made us FRIENDS; MaryJane's has made us SISTERS :)
Go to Top of Page

farmmom22
True Blue Farmgirl

616 Posts

Tammy
Scottsville KY
USA
616 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2009 :  10:15:39 AM  Show Profile
Good afternoon Mavens! It seems like I've been so busy I can't keep up with anything. Hope everyone is doing well. I started back to work this week working from 2-10 at night. I don't know how long that's gonna last! My husband is already exhausted from having to be Mr. Mom at night. I think it's funny though. Nothing like a man getting a little taste of a woman's busy life!
My seedlings are starting to look ragged. Alot have died and I need to transplant alot into bigger containers. Hopefully they will make it till this weekend when I can get to it. My raised beds are doing great. I have lettuce out the wazoo! Something's been eating my onion tops though. Will that hurt them?
Dawn, I hope you're feeling better. You better slow down girl!
Tina, I swear I haven't forgot about the rose cuttings. I have "scheduled" a trip to the P.O. tomorrow! I will e-mail you when I get them out.

http://afarmgirljourney.blogspot.com/
Farmgirl Sister #492

Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending. -Carl Bard
Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2009 :  12:29:35 PM  Show Profile
Dang it - I had myself scheduled to leave work early tomorrow so I could go to the book signing, forgetting all about that haircut appointment I made 6 weeks ago:( Rene - will you let us know if there is another event scheduled?
The weather is better today - I should go out and work in the garden but I'm going to drive back to town to sew - I have a lot of projects I really need to finish and John is sleeping due to the night work. Plus I need some visiting time - sewing is so much more fun when you have people to chat with.
I got off early to go to the PO and pick up the chickens - all but one made it here in one piece. One was looking a little out of it but she seems to be perking up.
For lack of a better place to put them they are in the clawfoot bathtub in the spare bathroom (my bathroom, oh well) this is temporary!! They will get a permanent temporary home on Sunday.
They sure are noisy when they are cold, tired and thirsty:) They have quieted down now that they all found the food and water and have warmed up a bit.
Alright mavens - talk to you later
Amy Grace

Farmgirl #224
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2009 :  1:49:32 PM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
Darn it Rene', I have to work tomarrow, only three weeks until Memorial Day and I have a lot to do at the cemetery, the weather just hasn't been very cooperative so far. :^(

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Planting Zone 3

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 46 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Maven Teatime Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page