Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 The Lost Art of Letter Writing
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic The Lost Art of Letter Writing Next Topic
Page: of 23

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2009 :  6:48:39 PM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
Hi ladies I would like to join in if there is room for another.
My name is Melanie. In a couple of weeks I'll be 31. I have three kids, 2 girls and a boy. They are 12, 10 and 7. I clean homes for a living and I love it, well most days. I love the freedom it gives me. We live in a small town, Boonville, IN. It's down in the southwestern corner. Right now we live in a small mobile home in town, but hope to someday buy a house and a couple of acres out in the country.I enjoy floral design, sewing, quilting, cooking/baking, home repair... My favorite stores are Tractor Supply (which is where I first found MaryJane's Farm magazine!!), Rural King, Lowes, Jo-Ann's and our hometown fabirc store The Village Mercantile. If you go with me to any of these don't expect to get me out anytime soon. Might as well pack a picnic lunch. LOL We have a peek-a-poo named Ruby Bridges and a rabbit named Max Blackfoot and a stray momma cat named Star. I would like to learn to garden and can and preserve foods.

I would love to be penpals with anyone here. You are such a wonderful bunch of women and young lady. Very nice to meet you Maggie.

Melanie

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Blog~ http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/

Swap Blog~ http://mels-swapshop.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2009 :  7:48:24 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Hi Melanie, I would love to be penpals with your daughter. Does she mind that I'm 14 years old? I will e-mail you my address.

Hi Sharlet, I would also love to be penpals with your granddaughters if they want to. I found MaryJane Farms when looking up goat stuff. I looked around and knew I had to join! I was a little afrade to put my age on here because I didn't think anyone would take the advice of a 14 year old. But I was wrong, you are all so great! I'm homeschooled and very diffrent from the other everyday girls. I love to read, sew, bake, cook, write, and play and learn about animals. I'm not really in to texting, watching weird movies, playing video games, or all that weird stuff. I've been homeschooled all of my 14 years, I have 1 sister who is 13 and 2 brothers 19 and 17. I love to sit down and have a cup of tea with friends, or I like to sew and read when I find the time. well thats all for now.
Maggie

p.s. I would love to have more penpals!!
M
Maggie

p.s. I would still like more penpals!!!
Go to Top of Page

countrykatgirly
True Blue Farmgirl

186 Posts

Hallie
Jordan NY
USA
186 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2009 :  01:38:24 AM  Show Profile
Rae, am working on a letter that should go out tomorrow morning. Maggie, if you'd want to write me that would be great. I'd love to hear from you. My best friends in our complex are the teenagers. ;-) Just send me your address in a message.

**Farmgirl Sister #622**

“It is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all.”
--Laura Ingalls Wilder

Edited by - countrykatgirly on Aug 26 2009 01:41:56 AM
Go to Top of Page

countrykatgirly
True Blue Farmgirl

186 Posts

Hallie
Jordan NY
USA
186 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2009 :  01:53:38 AM  Show Profile
I wanted to let y'all know what's been going on. My grandma is not doing well. The Alzheimer's is quickly heading past mid-stage into end stage. She picks at her food and at 83 pounds she can't afford to. I'm not sure she knew me last time although she was nice. It has been a rough year for us. My grandpa died in March:

Grandpa Leon
http://www2.indystar.com/cgi-bin/obituaries/index.php?action=show&id=101744

My uncle Richard died in July from cancer:
Uncle Richard
http://www2.indystar.com/cgi-bin/obituaries/index.php?action=show&id=106126

Now Grandma is declining quickly. I doubt she will make it through the end of the fall. Please keep us in your prayers.

**Farmgirl Sister #622**

“It is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all.”
--Laura Ingalls Wilder

Edited by - countrykatgirly on Aug 26 2009 01:54:11 AM
Go to Top of Page

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2009 :  01:56:02 AM  Show Profile
(((Hallie))))

Hugs from Marian/Dutchy, a farmgirl from the Netherlands :)

My personal blog:
http://just-me-a-dutch-girl.blogspot.com/

Almost daily updates on me and mine :)
Go to Top of Page

peapicker
True Blue Farmgirl

716 Posts

texas
USA
716 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2009 :  09:24:56 AM  Show Profile
I have a question about how the profile works. When I click on my name (peapicker) and it takes me to the profile, this topic about Letter Writing does not show up as being active even though it is being posted on. Has anyone else noticed it or does anyone know if there is a reason for it not to show up?

Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
Robert Brault
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2009 :  09:58:03 AM  Show Profile
Oh Hallie--I am so sorry to hear about your Grandmother. My prayers are with you both!!
HUGS!!

Jessie

People are like stained-glass windows.
They sparkle and shine when the sun is out,
but when the darkness sets in,
their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within.

www.messiejessie2.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Princess
True Blue Farmgirl

1075 Posts

Jodi
Washington
USA
1075 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2009 :  12:16:37 PM  Show Profile
Hi Maggie, I'd love to be penpals, if you'd like. :) I joined the forum when I was 17 (you whooped my record ), and I'm now 20..... Sooooo.... if you'd like to write an 'old fogey', I'd enjoy exchanging snail mail. :)

~Jodi

"Women are like teabags...you never know how strong they are until they get into hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

www.jodielyzabeth.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2009 :  4:50:53 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
I e-mailed you my address Jodi.
Maggie
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2009 :  4:54:05 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Jodi, where in Washington do you live?

If anyone else want to be my penpal I would love it!
The more the merryer!
Maggie
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2009 :  5:11:27 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Jodi, did you get my e-mail address?
Maggie
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Princess
True Blue Farmgirl

1075 Posts

Jodi
Washington
USA
1075 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2009 :  9:32:38 PM  Show Profile
Maggie, I did get your mailing addy, and I'll get a letter off to you shortly! :) It's been a busy week...sorry I haven't responded sooner!

~Jodi

"Women are like teabags...you never know how strong they are until they get into hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

Go to Top of Page

country roads
True Blue Farmgirl

443 Posts

Melissa
Shinglehouse Pa
USA
443 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2009 :  04:02:02 AM  Show Profile
Maggie, I received your email last night and Emilie immediately wrote a letter to you, it should get to you early next week. Have a great weekend :)

Take care, Melissa.

Farmgirl # 352

~Think happy thoughts~
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2009 :  09:34:33 AM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Hi Jodi and Melissa, Thank you letting me know that you got my e-mails. I was just wondering if people got my e-mails because I've had trouble before when people did not get my e-mails. Thanks again!
Maggie
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Princess
True Blue Farmgirl

1075 Posts

Jodi
Washington
USA
1075 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2009 :  11:46:48 AM  Show Profile
I sent your letter off today, Maggie. :)

~Jodi

Go to Top of Page

dragonfairie
Farmgirl at Heart

4 Posts

Elizabeth
Wasilla AK
USA
4 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2009 :  10:05:02 PM  Show Profile
What a great idea!

Hmmm, little about me: 40ish, married to a total goof-ball (lol) and we live in Houston right in the middle of the Texas Medical Center where we just happen to work! I'm a shock/trauma RN and he's a tech on the same unit (I'm nights, he's days - makes for a happy marriage!) We have 4 kids and 12.9 grandkids (the .9 is due any day now). Our kids live in Louisiana, Arkansas, Alberta & PEI, so we travel a bit! We are saving to buy our own little farm, hopefully somewhere up north, Montana, Wyoming or Idaho; 'sigh' wish we were there already. We have a patio garden right now - peppers and tomatoes, but will soon be planting a fall backyard garden in our new apartment. I like to sew, quilt, embrodiery (sp?), crochet, cooking/baking/canning. I'm trying to learn how to knit, but not a lot of coordination going on here. We bike or walk to work and usually only drive when we are going a distance (Houston drivers don't really respect bicyclists).

Are we pairing up ourselves or will someone else? Anyone interested just IM me!

Elizabeth
Farmgirl Sister #657
Citygirl by necessity - farmgirl by heart.
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2009 :  04:23:57 AM  Show Profile
Elizabeth I am game to write. I am 53 and have 4 children, and 6.3 grandchildren!!
Email me and I will give you my address if you are interested.
Rae

Farm Girl #647

...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles:...
Isaiah 40:31

Go to Top of Page

janiee
True Blue Farmgirl

820 Posts

Janie
Shawnee Oklahoma
USA
820 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2009 :  05:37:38 AM  Show Profile
this is to apologize to all the ones that have written to me lately and have not received anything back. work is overwhelming right now, had to have some dental work done (tune of $2000) and last night my stove died...very sad at the moment but will rally shortly!! Life is too short to get upset over "things" for long...much love to all and will write soon
janiee
farmgirl #390
Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
living on Anne of Green Gables land
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2009 :  06:58:56 AM  Show Profile
Elizabeth I live on PEI!!!!! where do your kids live?

"we must be the change we wish to see in the world"
farmgal #150
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2009 :  10:15:48 AM  Show Profile
Melanie,
Never did get your letter
Rae

Farm Girl #647

...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles:...

Go to Top of Page

prairie_princess
True Blue Farmgirl

613 Posts

Elizabeth
Carpenter WY
USA
613 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2009 :  1:11:34 PM  Show Profile
i'm also interested in making a pen pal! here's some info about me for anyone who is interested:

i live in a very small town outside cheyenne, wyoming with my hubby. we've been here about 3 years. i'm 28 (almost 29, in december!) and i was in the navy for about 6 years after high school as a weather technician. i've sailed around the world, but i think i like wyoming the best!!! i have a dog and a cat, but no kids. i finished getting my General Studies associate's degree this past may, but plan on staying home and being a farmgirl for now... which i thoroughly enjoy! this is the second year we've had our garden and i really hope i can be an expert on gardening someday. i love it! we also got our first batch of chickens this year and they are finally producing eggs for us to enjoy! some of my hobbies include:

culture
antiquing and thrift store shopping
old movies
cooking and trying new recipes
traveling
art

i don't know, i'm pretty open to everything! i'm hoping to learn to knit this winter...

if you're interested in writing letters, let me know! i have one friend i write, but she's busy in college... so i'd like to write more often. plus, i get a tad lonely out here at times. it would be a fun experience to meet some fellow farmgirls!

"Only two things that money can't buy, that's true love and homegrown tomatoes."
- Guy Clark

"The man who has planted a garden feels he has done something for the good of the world."
- Charles Dudley Warner
Go to Top of Page

Kaaminii
Farmgirl in Training

14 Posts

Kaaminii
Red Feather Lakes CO
USA
14 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2009 :  2:00:14 PM  Show Profile
I am very intersted in the pen pal thing, i used to have a pen pal when i was just a kid, back in the day when i rode my dinasaur to school up hill both ways in the snow and bare foot! Would love to find someone to write to again!

Farm Girls Rule :-)
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2009 :  3:26:04 PM  Show Profile
Hello I have quite a few penpals but love to write so those new here just email me with your address or ask for mine and I will write. I walked up hill both ways to school
Rae

Farm Girl #647

Go to Top of Page

dragonfairie
Farmgirl at Heart

4 Posts

Elizabeth
Wasilla AK
USA
4 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2009 :  5:41:52 PM  Show Profile
Elizabeth - I would be interested in corresponding with you! Just email me with your addy and I'll do the same! Wow, Wyoming - that's pretty far from the water!!! - Elizabeth L.

quote:
Originally posted by prairie_princess

i'm also interested in making a pen pal! here's some info about me for anyone who is interested:

i live in a very small town outside cheyenne, wyoming with my hubby. we've been here about 3 years. i'm 28 (almost 29, in december!) and i was in the navy for about 6 years after high school as a weather technician. i've sailed around the world, but i think i like wyoming the best!!! i have a dog and a cat, but no kids. i finished getting my General Studies associate's degree this past may, but plan on staying home and being a farmgirl for now... which i thoroughly enjoy! this is the second year we've had our garden and i really hope i can be an expert on gardening someday. i love it! we also got our first batch of chickens this year and they are finally producing eggs for us to enjoy! some of my hobbies include:

culture
antiquing and thrift store shopping
old movies
cooking and trying new recipes
traveling
art

i don't know, i'm pretty open to everything! i'm hoping to learn to knit this winter...

if you're interested in writing letters, let me know! i have one friend i write, but she's busy in college... so i'd like to write more often. plus, i get a tad lonely out here at times. it would be a fun experience to meet some fellow farmgirls!

"Only two things that money can't buy, that's true love and homegrown tomatoes."
- Guy Clark

"The man who has planted a garden feels he has done something for the good of the world."
- Charles Dudley Warner

Elizabeth
Farmgirl Sister #657
Citygirl by necessity - farmgirl by heart.
Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
living on Anne of Green Gables land
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2009 :  2:21:25 PM  Show Profile
Sorry Rae.....just cleaned off my desk and realized that the letter I wrote you was under a pile of books...sent it out today:)

"we must be the change we wish to see in the world"
farmgal #150
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 23 Across the Fence: Previous Topic The Lost Art of Letter Writing Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page