Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 The Lost Art of Letter Writing
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic The Lost Art of Letter Writing Next Topic
Page: of 23

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2009 :  4:22:06 PM  Show Profile
Here I was all ready to blame post office Look forward to hearing from you!!!

Farm Girl #647

...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles:...
Isaiah 40:31

Go to Top of Page

antoinette
True Blue Farmgirl

826 Posts

Toni
East Freedom PA
USA
826 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2009 :  8:55:08 PM  Show Profile
Hi to all of those of you that would like to have a penpal. I enjoy exchanging letters
and if you would like to write me just drop me an email and we can exchange addresses.
Toni
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2009 :  9:24:29 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Toni would you like to be pen pals with me? Or would you like someone older then me? It will not hurt my feelings at all if you want someone older. Just say so.
Maggie
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Princess
True Blue Farmgirl

1075 Posts

Jodi
Washington
USA
1075 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2009 :  8:56:52 PM  Show Profile
Did you recieve my letter, Maggie? :) Want to make sure it got there okay...

~Jodi

"Women are like teabags...you never know how strong they are until they get into hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

www.jodielyzabeth.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2009 :  9:26:00 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Hi Jodi, I did get you letter on Wednesday and wrote you a letter today and will mail it tomorrow. so you should get it by Monday. Thank you again for writing me!!
Maggie
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2009 :  9:39:17 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Just wanted to let all you farmgirls that I'm writing too, that I wrote letters to you all and will send them Saturday. So you should get them next week.
Maggie
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2009 :  08:01:10 AM  Show Profile
Maggie I am 53 so rather old but game if you are, unless you now have enough letters going. I do have a 10 year old grandson closest to your age. Otherwise my youngest is 23.
Just email me for my address I won't feel bad if you are already writing to enough people.
Rae

Farm Girl #647

...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles:...

Go to Top of Page

Annie S
True Blue Farmgirl

756 Posts

Annie
Custer S.D.
USA
756 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2009 :  09:15:48 AM  Show Profile
Would love to write any and all - have lots of stationery left (lol). Just send me an e-mail. Me: 62 (feel 50 or 40 most days), married to DH 16 years, between us we have 5 kids and 13 grandkids scattered between MN and Iowa. Live on top of a mountain in southern Black Hills (15 miles from WY border, Elizabeth), enjoy knitting, crocheting, sewing, quilting, have done spinning and weaving, anxious to start garden next year if house doesn't sell.

Maggie, have 13 year old granddaughter who I can ask about writing. She lives in Iowa.

Love writing letters, so would enjoy writing to more Farm Girls. Drop me an e-mail and let's get started becoming Farm Girl friends.

Peace and love,
Annie
Go to Top of Page

Cabinprincess
True Blue Farmgirl

682 Posts

Melody June
Athens TX
USA
682 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2009 :  12:25:42 PM  Show Profile
My mom used to write everyone letters and would meet the mailman daily in hopes of received one in return. She would write my sons as little boys and always enclosed a brand new dollar bill as their ice cream money which kept them running to the mail box in hopes Grandma had written. They kept the letters she sent them but not the dollars. LOL When she passed in 2000 my very first thought was who would write my boys now. She left may wonderful memories for them with her letters.

Smiles, Melody June

God's gift to you are your talents, your gift to Him is how you use them.
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2009 :  6:31:09 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Annie, I would love to write your granddaughter if she wants to be penpals. Just e-mail me her address.

Rae, I would love to be penpals. Age does not matter to me at all. Just the person on the inside. smiles.
I'll e-mail you my address.
Maggie
Go to Top of Page

prairie_princess
True Blue Farmgirl

613 Posts

Elizabeth
Carpenter WY
USA
613 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2009 :  2:01:33 PM  Show Profile
annie s and elizabeth (dragonfairie) i was just wondering if you received my e-mails? i'm interested in being your pen pal!

"Only two things that money can't buy, that's true love and homegrown tomatoes."
- Guy Clark

"The man who has planted a garden feels he has done something for the good of the world."
- Charles Dudley Warner
Go to Top of Page

Annie S
True Blue Farmgirl

756 Posts

Annie
Custer S.D.
USA
756 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2009 :  6:20:39 PM  Show Profile
Maggie, just got home from two weeks babysitting my daughter's two kids. Will call my other granddaughter this week.

Annie
Go to Top of Page

Annie S
True Blue Farmgirl

756 Posts

Annie
Custer S.D.
USA
756 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2009 :  4:45:59 PM  Show Profile
Maggie, here's my granddaughter's name and addy:

Allyson Hawkins
c/o Travis and Brenda Scott
3530 Sunny Dale Street N.E.
Cedar Rapids, Iowa 52405

Hope you two become great pen-friends.

Annie
Go to Top of Page

Annie S
True Blue Farmgirl

756 Posts

Annie
Custer S.D.
USA
756 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2009 :  4:56:50 PM  Show Profile
Maggie, sorry - didn't mean to put my granddaughter's addy here - was in such a rush to get downstairs to get dinner ready that I didn't go in and e-mail you personally.

Annie
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2009 :  5:15:12 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
I understand Annie. Thanks for asking her!
Maggie
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2009 :  5:40:47 PM  Show Profile
Letter went out to you today Maggie!
Rae

Farm Girl #647

Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2009 :  6:09:28 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Thanks for letting me know Rae! If anyone else ever wants to be my penpal just e-mail me. Thanks!
Hugs,
Channah

Edited by - maggie14 on Nov 01 2009 07:14:43 AM
Go to Top of Page

ruenietwoshoes
True Blue Farmgirl

90 Posts

Patricia
Thornton West Virginia
USA
90 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2009 :  3:47:28 PM  Show Profile  Send ruenietwoshoes an AOL message  Click to see ruenietwoshoes's MSN Messenger address  Send ruenietwoshoes a Yahoo! Message
I'm guessing this is the penpal area that maggie14 was telling me about... I love to write letters... I'm 21 and am constantly looking for a new person to write to...If interested please e-mail me or instant message me! Thanks!

<3 Patricia
sister.daughter.lover.knitter.best friend.quilter.hand stitcher.a cook.a soon-to-be-nurse.animal lover.mountaineer.facebook junkie.and a new blogger.and a lover of God!

I'm only 21! :)

http//sweetsugarstitches.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2009 :  3:50:48 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Yes Patricia, this is the place.
Maggie
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2009 :  4:08:02 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Just sent you an e-mail Patricia.
Maggie
Go to Top of Page

ruenietwoshoes
True Blue Farmgirl

90 Posts

Patricia
Thornton West Virginia
USA
90 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2009 :  6:32:31 PM  Show Profile  Send ruenietwoshoes an AOL message  Click to see ruenietwoshoes's MSN Messenger address  Send ruenietwoshoes a Yahoo! Message
And I replied back to your e-mail Maggie!

<3 Patricia
sister.daughter.lover.knitter.best friend.quilter.hand stitcher.a cook.a soon-to-be-nurse.animal lover.mountaineer.facebook junkie.and a new blogger.and a lover of God!

I'm only 21! :)

http://sweetsugarstitches.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

dragonfairie
Farmgirl at Heart

4 Posts

Elizabeth
Wasilla AK
USA
4 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2009 :  01:28:29 AM  Show Profile
Yes, I got the email! Letter going out today (?), been busy moving!

quote:
Originally posted by prairie_princess

annie s and elizabeth (dragonfairie) i was just wondering if you received my e-mails? i'm interested in being your pen pal!

"Only two things that money can't buy, that's true love and homegrown tomatoes."
- Guy Clark

"The man who has planted a garden feels he has done something for the good of the world."
- Charles Dudley Warner

Elizabeth
Farmgirl Sister #657
Citygirl by necessity - farmgirl by heart.
Go to Top of Page

arabianhorselover
True Blue Farmgirl

422 Posts

Jennifer
Bedias TX
USA
422 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2009 :  10:20:29 PM  Show Profile
I just came across this topic and it was really late so I couldn't read all the posts. I would love to be a penpal. It seems like forever since I have written a letter but when I was younger we did it all the time. When I was 8 we moved to Texas from NJ and my friends and I wrote to each other. Not sure what happened but we no longer keep in touch. Sounds to fun and I would love to do it again. It would keep me busy since I can't do much for awhile. I have been sent to the couch for awhile till my back heals from surgery. Ha!

Breeder of Straight Egyptian Arabians and SportHorses
www.whisperwindsarabians.com
Farmgirl Sister #561
Never squat with your spurs on!!!
http://twitter.com/arabhorselover
www.hillbillyhoneys.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

spiritwolf
Farmgirl at Heart

1 Posts

Christine
Murfreesboro TN
USA
1 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2009 :  08:51:11 AM  Show Profile
I would love to have pen pals
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2009 :  6:52:24 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Jodi, did you get my letter ok?
Maggie
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 23 Across the Fence: Previous Topic The Lost Art of Letter Writing Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page