Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 The Lost Art of Letter Writing
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic The Lost Art of Letter Writing Next Topic
Page: of 23

lulu
True Blue Farmgirl

240 Posts

Connie
Geuda Springs Kansas
USA
240 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2010 :  08:20:39 AM  Show Profile
Therese,
Thank for the "thank you" but the idea wasn't mine, I read about it at the beginning of this topic
but I don't mind passing this idea along. Kind of like a random act of kindness, just pass it along.

LULU

Take care and write soon.

Edited by - lulu on Mar 08 2010 08:21:26 AM
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2010 :  08:24:41 AM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
I am so exciting for you ladies!! Being pen pals with Rae it wonderful!! You'll love getting her letters! Happy writing!!
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Friendship is not something that can be bought, it is earned.
Go to Top of Page

lulu
True Blue Farmgirl

240 Posts

Connie
Geuda Springs Kansas
USA
240 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2010 :  11:58:12 AM  Show Profile
I went to Postoffice and hit the jackpot! I got letters from Rae and Brenda and the topping on the cake
my new copy of MaryJanesFarm. WhooHoo! Couldn't have come on a better day, the weather turned cooler and it's
raining with the wind out of the east. I'll just settle down with a cup of tea, letters and magazine. Bliss

LULU

Go to Top of Page

Ms_Ed
Farmgirl in Training

46 Posts

Edwina
Murfreesboro TN
USA
46 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2010 :  8:14:25 PM  Show Profile  Send Ms_Ed a Yahoo! Message
Hey Lulu, Check your email... sent the address over. Got your letter in the mail yesterday. Our adventure begins...
edwina
quote:
Originally posted by lulu

I'm getting letters into the mail for Brenda, Rae and Marlene today. Waiting to get address from Edwina. This is so much fun I got an address book just for the farmgirls and I'm looking for a neat box to store my letters in.

LULU

Edwina Shannon
Live, love, learn, think, give, laugh, try
Go to Top of Page

Ms_Ed
Farmgirl in Training

46 Posts

Edwina
Murfreesboro TN
USA
46 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2010 :  8:17:06 PM  Show Profile  Send Ms_Ed a Yahoo! Message
Hi Rae, I got your first letter. Great to meet you! I was able to write and send yours today while waiting for the mechanics doing the tune-up. Talk again soon. edwina

Edwina Shannon
Go to Top of Page

Ms_Ed
Farmgirl in Training

46 Posts

Edwina
Murfreesboro TN
USA
46 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2010 :  8:21:39 PM  Show Profile  Send Ms_Ed a Yahoo! Message
Marlene, My letter should just about be in your box. Got it out on Monday... edwina

Edwina Shannon
Go to Top of Page

Ms_Ed
Farmgirl in Training

46 Posts

Edwina
Murfreesboro TN
USA
46 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2010 :  8:26:44 PM  Show Profile  Send Ms_Ed a Yahoo! Message
I, too, love the idea of a letter box. Nice idea. I thought I'd borrow one from Thomas Jefferson as well. He created a copier that followed his hand's motion while he was writing so he had a copy of what he wrote. I cheated and used a copier... so I'll know what I wrote (to avoid repetition :)... edwina

Edwina Shannon
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2010 :  9:41:10 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Brenda, I got your wonderful letter yesterday! Thank you so much! I am sending a letter tomorrow!
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2010 :  03:12:14 AM  Show Profile
Don't worry about repeating stuff, I do all the time I sure love getting the letters, just makes my day!!!

Rae

Farm Girl #647

...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles:...
Isaiah 40:31

Go to Top of Page

MrsRooster
True Blue Farmgirl

1168 Posts

Amy
Seabrook TX
USA
1168 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2010 :  12:33:28 PM  Show Profile  Send MrsRooster a Yahoo! Message
I am new to Farmgirls. I love to write letters. I am always glad for pen pals. E-mail me your addy if you are interested in pen pals. I'll send my addy in return.

I am 39, married almost 13 years and Mom to one daughter. I am a stay at home Mom. I love needlework, gardening, reading, and cooking/baking.
Go to Top of Page

beadbabe
True Blue Farmgirl

148 Posts

Therese
Valencia California
USA
148 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2010 :  12:49:07 PM  Show Profile
Amy, I just sent you my info! Welcome! THere is so much to explore and learn here. I look forward to getting to know you.

Therese

If you ask me what I came into this world to do, I will tell you: I came to live out loud. ~Emile Zola
Go to Top of Page

MrsRooster
True Blue Farmgirl

1168 Posts

Amy
Seabrook TX
USA
1168 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2010 :  1:53:14 PM  Show Profile  Send MrsRooster a Yahoo! Message
I am so glad. Watch the mailbox soon!!!
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2010 :  3:57:40 PM  Show Profile
Connie I got your letter today and really enjoyed hearing about your life. Will get one off to you in a few.

Brenda

"Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony" Mahatma Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2010 :  5:35:48 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Amy, and Brenda,letters are being mailed tomorrow!! Rae I mailed your letter today!
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page

lulu
True Blue Farmgirl

240 Posts

Connie
Geuda Springs Kansas
USA
240 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2010 :  12:12:58 PM  Show Profile
Edwina Ireceived your letter today and completed my 1st successful swap on another topic.
Life is good, now I'll fix a cup of tea and read your letter.

Farmgirls Rock! Connie

LULU

Go to Top of Page

beadbabe
True Blue Farmgirl

148 Posts

Therese
Valencia California
USA
148 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2010 :  06:54:18 AM  Show Profile
Rae and Amy, letters received, thank you! I am working on replies between my chores this weekend...hope to get them out before mid week.

Therese

If you ask me what I came into this world to do, I will tell you: I came to live out loud. ~Emile Zola
Go to Top of Page

MrsRooster
True Blue Farmgirl

1168 Posts

Amy
Seabrook TX
USA
1168 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2010 :  6:34:13 PM  Show Profile  Send MrsRooster a Yahoo! Message
OOOO good. I love a full mailbox!
Go to Top of Page

beadbabe
True Blue Farmgirl

148 Posts

Therese
Valencia California
USA
148 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2010 :  05:10:25 AM  Show Profile
Rae and Amy, Thank you for the letters! I am going our of town this morning for a week, will write when I get back.

Therese

Go to Top of Page

birdie71
True Blue Farmgirl

254 Posts

Robin
Glendale Arizona
USA
254 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2010 :  08:45:57 AM  Show Profile  Send birdie71 a Yahoo! Message
This is a FANTASTIC idea! I would love to do this! I was pen pals as a child with a girl in Germany. In fact, I remember writing her when I would have to write West Germany and then when the wall came down, I got to write Germany. We wrote for about six years. I loved getting a letter in the mail from her!
I am 36, married almost six years to a triathlete, have 2 teen stepkids (but they are mine too especially Alex), I am a first grade teacher, I love hiking, mountain biking, gardening, traveling; My mom and I participate in breast cancer awareness events; I love to sing (especially on the worship team at church). The US Postal Service will love us for keeping this alive! :)
I would love to write. Please email me.

Robin
Farmgirl #1301
Farming in the Sonoran Desert? Hmmm?!

Edited by - birdie71 on Mar 27 2010 09:01:55 AM
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2010 :  10:39:12 AM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Hi Robin, I would love to write but I don't now if you would like to write a 15 year old. But just so you know I am open! I am sure you will get tons of pen pals!! These ladies are great!
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Edited by - maggie14 on Mar 27 2010 10:40:08 AM
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2010 :  3:54:30 PM  Show Profile
I am open Robin if you want, I am 53. Channah is a great pen pal by the way
Rae

Farm Girl #647

...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles:...

Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2010 :  5:29:21 PM  Show Profile
Girls I am so sorry about not getting my letters out yet. I've been working on them but just can't seem to sit for very long right now. I've got several written and ready to go out Monday. Please forgive.

Blessings, Brenda

"Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony" Mahatma Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2010 :  7:30:03 PM  Show Profile
Brenda you have a lot going on, don't worry about it!!

Rae

Farm Girl #647

Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2010 :  7:57:37 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
aww, thanks Rae!! That means a lot!!
Brenda, Don't worry about it. this is not suppose to be stressful its suppose to be fun!!!
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2010 :  11:03:09 PM  Show Profile
Thanks girls, but I have them all done and will mail Monday! I truely do enjoy writing them. But between dr appts. my mom and myself I've been really busy. I found myself just going on and on and had to finally make myself stop and move on to the next one. Have a wonderful Sunday and do something relaxing.

Blessings, Brenda

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 23 Across the Fence: Previous Topic The Lost Art of Letter Writing Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page