Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 The Lost Art of Letter Writing
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic The Lost Art of Letter Writing Next Topic
Page: of 23

mscountrygirl
True Blue Farmgirl

552 Posts

Michelle
Lucedale Mississippi
USA
552 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2010 :  06:51:32 AM  Show Profile
I would like to do this too. My name is Michelle and I am 41 years old tomorrow! I am married (16 yrs) with 5 children. I live in Mississippi and have chickens, rabbits, 3 dogs, and a ferrit. I have recently finished college and am homeschooling. I am a Christian and I love to sew, decorate my home with "junk for the local thrift store, active in my community, and am totally hooked on Clive Cussler novels. They aren't farmgirl-ly but sure are fun!!

It's all good!
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2010 :  09:33:49 AM  Show Profile
I guess I need to tell you a bet about myself for those I've not met yet. I'm married for the second time to a great guy! I'm 57, up until a couple of weeks ago I thought I was 58!hahaaha So i gained another year. Going to have back surgery around 1st of April. I was a city girl gone small town farmgirl. We have no land, live in a duplex but the farmgirl ways have rubbed off on me. I guess the wildest things I've done since living in the country is coon hunting. My son use to raise Redbone puppies. They are sooooo cute. Anyway, I loved going out hunting with them. I do all kinds of crafts, sewing,knitting, crochet, papercrafts/scrapbooking, needle work. Lovvvvvvvvve to read! Well I guess that's enough for now and looking forward to getting to know you.
Blessings, Brenda

"Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony" Mahatma Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

lulu
True Blue Farmgirl

240 Posts

Connie
Geuda Springs Kansas
USA
240 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2010 :  10:26:44 AM  Show Profile
Hi, this is lulu from Kansas. I'm a retired postmaster from a small town in Kansas and I tried for years to promote the " Art of Letter Writing". I absolutely love getting letters in the mail and would love to hear from farmgirls from all over. I always thought that DH and I would retire to farm, but have decided to remain in our home in a small town in kansas (220 pop). I don't get around as well as I use to,so I started container gardening last year. It left alot to be desired, or maybe it was my lack of knowledge. But I'm looking at what I can plant this year. I also have been making baby blankets, my fourth great-grandbaby will arrive in about 4 weeks and I'm just as excited as I was with the first grandchild (12). I'm in my early 60's and at home most of the time. I can't wait to hear from some of you.

lulu

LULU

Take care and write soon.
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2010 :  10:39:07 AM  Show Profile
I am always open to more penpals cause I am a writing/getting letter junkie
Just email me or whatever if you are interested.
Rae

Farm Girl #647

...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles:...
Isaiah 40:31

Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2010 :  10:50:53 AM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
I am like you Rae!! You can never have to many pen pals!! lol
Hugs,
Channah

Friendship is not something that can be bought, it is earned.
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2010 :  10:58:56 AM  Show Profile
Sent you a email Rae!
Brenda

"Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony" Mahatma Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2010 :  10:03:11 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
All you ladies sound wonderful!
Hugs,
Channah

Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2010 :  04:24:16 AM  Show Profile
Brenda letter going out this morning. Michelle and Edwina will try get one out later as well.

As I said before I am always open to new friends so anyone new can email me!!

Rae

Farm Girl #647

...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles:...

Go to Top of Page

mscountrygirl
True Blue Farmgirl

552 Posts

Michelle
Lucedale Mississippi
USA
552 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2010 :  11:43:59 AM  Show Profile
I will work on my letters later today. I have to go get stamps this afternoon.

Michelle

It's all good!
Go to Top of Page

lulu
True Blue Farmgirl

240 Posts

Connie
Geuda Springs Kansas
USA
240 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2010 :  12:56:13 PM  Show Profile
To Classygram I have emaied you about being a pen pal if you have room for one more.

LULU

Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2010 :  2:06:35 PM  Show Profile
Connie and Rae letters will be in the mail tomorrow.

Blessings, Brenda

Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2010 :  7:17:31 PM  Show Profile
Channah yours will be in mail tomorrow also!

Blessings, Brenda

Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2010 :  7:31:06 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
I can't wait!! I am writing yours also!!
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2010 :  03:14:48 AM  Show Profile
Michelle and Edwina your letters are going out today. Lulu do you have penpals? I sure am open so email if you need one!!!

Rae

P.S. Channah yours should be there soon if it hasn't come!

Farm Girl #647

Go to Top of Page

Ms_Ed
Farmgirl in Training

46 Posts

Edwina
Murfreesboro TN
USA
46 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2010 :  8:20:07 PM  Show Profile  Send Ms_Ed a Yahoo! Message
How cool. I will get started... thanks. :)
quote:
Originally posted by Old Spirit

Michelle and Edwina your letters are going out today. Lulu do you have penpals? I sure am open so email if you need one!!!

Rae

P.S. Channah yours should be there soon if it hasn't come!

Farm Girl #647

Edwina Shannon
Live, love, learn, think, give, laugh, try
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2010 :  8:29:09 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Rae, I got your wonderful letter and will write back asap. I love writing pen pals! It is so fun!!
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2010 :  8:32:11 PM  Show Profile
Channah,Rae,and Connie, Sorry I didn't get mail out today! Had to take mom to the doctor. Will have it in tomorrow.

Blessings, Brenda

Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2010 :  8:34:35 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
please don't worry about it Brenda!! Things come up all the time. :) Mail it when you can!
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2010 :  04:35:13 AM  Show Profile
Ok all the new gals I said I would write to letters went out or are this morning!

I do really enjoy the friendship from each penpal!!

Rae

Farm Girl #647

Go to Top of Page

lulu
True Blue Farmgirl

240 Posts

Connie
Geuda Springs Kansas
USA
240 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2010 :  1:07:23 PM  Show Profile
Ms_ED,
I would love to have you as a PenPal. A little about me my interests are genelogy, collecting teacups & saucers, teapots, I try to do container gardening, bird watching,and sewing. I have 12 grandchildren and 3 great grandchildren and 1 on the way. I guess I'll save the rest for letters.

LULU

Edited by - lulu on Mar 05 2010 1:08:56 PM
Go to Top of Page

Ms_Ed
Farmgirl in Training

46 Posts

Edwina
Murfreesboro TN
USA
46 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2010 :  8:52:26 PM  Show Profile  Send Ms_Ed a Yahoo! Message
Excellent. I got your email so I shall be writing. I'll send an email with my address. our adventure begins,
edwina
quote:
Originally posted by lulu

Ms_ED,
I would love to have you as a PenPal. A little about me my interests are genelogy, collecting teacups & saucers, teapots, I try to do container gardening, bird watching,and sewing. I have 12 grandchildren and 3 great grandchildren and 1 on the way. I guess I'll save the rest for letters.

LULU

Edwina Shannon
Live, love, learn, think, give, laugh, try
Go to Top of Page

beadbabe
True Blue Farmgirl

148 Posts

Therese
Valencia California
USA
148 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2010 :  10:21:07 PM  Show Profile
I have a horrible habit of buying the 99cent cards at Trader Joe's and tucking them away to send to someone, someday. I hate to admit to how old some of those cards are! I also have an extensive collection of postcards from travels with my husband in the early years of our marriage, before our daughter was born (14 years ago!) I would dearly love to share these gems with someone, so just email me if you would like to become the recipient of some of my stash!

I am going to be 52 next month, have been married to my best friend for 20 years this fall. Besides our daughter, we share our home with a Shiba Inu dog who will be 11 this summer. I am a stay at home wife and mother, and started a business last year making beaded jewelry. The domestic arts have always been my passion and I am so glad to have found this site, where there are kindred spirits.

If you ask me what I came into this world to do, I will tell you: I came to live out loud. ~Emile Zola
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2010 :  03:10:25 AM  Show Profile
Therese sent you an email
Rae

Farm Girl #647

Go to Top of Page

lulu
True Blue Farmgirl

240 Posts

Connie
Geuda Springs Kansas
USA
240 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2010 :  04:56:05 AM  Show Profile
I'm getting letters into the mail for Brenda, Rae and Marlene today. Waiting to get address from Edwina. This is so much fun I got an address book just for the farmgirls and I'm looking for a neat box to store my letters in.

LULU

Go to Top of Page

beadbabe
True Blue Farmgirl

148 Posts

Therese
Valencia California
USA
148 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2010 :  06:31:37 AM  Show Profile
Rae and Brenda, I've sent you both an email with my info. Thank you!

I am feeling like a school girl, I have a chant in my head...I'm gonna have pen pals, I'm gonna have pen pals!!

Connie, great idea to have an adress book just for the pen pals. I have an adorable address book I got years ago for renewing a Mary Engelbreit magazine subscription. I didn't need it at the time, but it was too pretty to let go of. It's perfect for this.

After dropping my daughter off at school, I'll be stopping at the Post Office to select some pretty stamps.

Therese
Farmgirl Sister #1217

If you ask me what I came into this world to do, I will tell you: I came to live out loud. ~Emile Zola
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 23 Across the Fence: Previous Topic The Lost Art of Letter Writing Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page