Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 Anyone live in a manufactured home?**Pictures**
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic Anyone live in a manufactured home?**Pictures** Next Topic
Page: of 5

5 acre Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1007 Posts

~~~*Terri*~~~
WA.
USA
1007 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2009 :  9:51:40 PM  Show Profile
A home is a home, is a home, is a home.....I too live in a OLD trailer, 1969..the oustside is till metal, but, the inside is remodeled....who cares?
I cannot take it with me when I die.....If you will look at my blog "on the farm"....page, I think there are pictures of it in the title pics...
Our payment is less than 1/2 of those of our friends that have newer homes or new ones...NO thanks for the high payment...who knows what the next year will hold?
We are content with our "Old Trailer".....

Farmgirl Sister #368

BRAND NEW PAGE>>>>>
PLEASE go to....
http://blogonthefarmandgarden.blogspot.com

http://froccsfrillsfurbiloesandmore.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Mother Hen
True Blue Farmgirl

604 Posts

Cindy
Peck ID
USA
604 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2009 :  12:33:45 AM  Show Profile
Terri, I do love not having a payment for my home or land except the dreaded taxes..sshhh it's a bad word.

I did catch the CMT show tonight. They really did change the look of the mobile home they did. I'm going to think about what color to paint the wood paneling in our home. It sure could use some brightening up in here. Of course, I'll have to see if DH wants to do it. Will have to wait til he gets home and let him see the show and how the painted paneling looks. I think he'll like it.
I'll let you all know if we do it and get pix.

I'm really glad I'm not the "only one" here living in a manufactured home.

Cindy

I will bless the Lord at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth. Psalms 34:1
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2009 :  3:47:27 PM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
ooh yes paint does something for paneling. the only two rooms i my home i haven't painted yet are the kitchen and my bedroom. they were already painted when i moved in. i could post pics sometime if you like. my walls still have the texture of paneling, but with color.

Melanie

Shop~ http://www.squidoo.com/buyinghomemade
Blog~ http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Mother Hen
True Blue Farmgirl

604 Posts

Cindy
Peck ID
USA
604 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2009 :  9:20:24 PM  Show Profile
Melanie, I'd love to see pictures. I love color, but am also afraid of "picking" a color for fear it won't look good. Guess I'm too frugal to want to repaint if it doesn't look good.

I will bless the Lord at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth. Psalms 34:1
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2009 :  2:04:04 PM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
Hey Cindy! I finally got some pictures taken.
These are my living room. I wanted a sage green but didn't want to pay through the teeth, so I got wal-mart to match my green the best they could. They got it pretty close. The trim I did in country white. I still have a little green and a lot of white paint left over. Took close to two gallons to do this room. So I guess I had about $30 tied up in paint.

This is my kitchen. It was already painted yellow when I moved in. I've thought about adding some red. But I've heard that red paint doesn't cover very well.

These pics ar of the kids' room. We just did the paint and the floor about a month ago. I let the kids pick out the paint- $12 and the sticky tiles we found at Lowes for $30. Oh and the trim is that country white I had left over from the living room.

My mom thought I was crazy when I told her that I wanted my bathroom to be painted a brick color, actually called brazillian flame on the paint card at wal-mart. Country white trim again- leftover. My mom bought me the paint for mother's day and she painted the bathroom for me. So the only things I actually bought to finish out the bathroom were the rugs for $12, the shower curtain for $15 and the mirror I got on clearance for $20.

My bedroom looks like a tornado went through it at the moment. My bedrrom also doubles as my crafting room. So there are projects here and there. But it was painted already when I moved in too. It is just white. Blah. That's one of the next rooms I will be painting.

Oh and I didn't get a good pic of my hallway. It is a really funky color. My bad, I goofed when I got the paint. It's kind of like a fleshy color. eewww So that mistake was about $15. I plan on redoing it in either a chocolate brown or sage green.

Hope this gives you some ideas on how paint covers paneling. Can't wait to see what you decide to do with your home. I'm sure it will beautiful.

Melanie

Go to Top of Page

Mother Hen
True Blue Farmgirl

604 Posts

Cindy
Peck ID
USA
604 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2009 :  3:43:16 PM  Show Profile
Melanie, Thanks so much for showing your pictures. It does look a lot better when the paneling is painted rather than just plain paneling. I do like wood, but 1970's paneling, doesn't come to mind when I think "wood". I'm definitely going to talk to DH when he gets home from NV about painting the paneling. And to help me in my reasoning with him I'm going to show him your pictures
Thanks again!
Cindy

Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2009 :  5:58:40 PM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
I know what you mean-- wood paneling. I used to live in a mobile home with that and it was so dark and gloomy. I felt like I was closed up in a box. I was talking to mom earlier and she reminded me that when you are starting off with bare/regular wood paneling you may have to do a primer/base coat. but at least it is not expensive.

You're welcome! Hope DH goes for it.
Melanie

Go to Top of Page

Mother Hen
True Blue Farmgirl

604 Posts

Cindy
Peck ID
USA
604 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2009 :  7:32:22 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for the hint on the primer thing. I might not have thought about that. Tell "mom" thanks too

I'll let you know.
Cindy

Go to Top of Page

judytwoshoes
Farmgirl in Training

30 Posts

Julia L
Long Beach wa
USA
30 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2009 :  01:56:36 AM  Show Profile
Hey you all, I live in a mobile home too. After we sold our brick and mortar home we moved to the beach for two reasons. My Momma was here and the air is clear and clean off the ocean. My DH is fixing it up so nice for me, he cutout the middle of the kitchen cupboard doors, installed beadboard and then we painted them. He put a bookcase around the bottom of the unused "breakfast bar, we painted that. We tore out all of the ick pink carpet, and had flooring put in. Much better in this sand. This week he has been doing the same thing to the hall that he did to the LR/DR, beadboard and actual wood trim. We painted both of the bathrooms, replaced the floors with tiles,and will trim out the bedroom also. I painted it a nice yellow. I am on oxygen, so with a mask on I look like I was ready to go deepsea diving.We plan to build a home here, but if not, we can still sea the sea, and smell it. I hear the surf and love the winter storms.
My biggest problem is in not being able to help him or do the gardening. In fact, we have just some grass and a few rhodies. I do plant pots.
We are only here for a short time, life isn't about the amount of breaths you take, it is about what takes your breath away. Now, if I could just go through all the STUFF that is in the garage!
Ain't we got fun? Sure do! judytwoshoes
Go to Top of Page

Mother Hen
True Blue Farmgirl

604 Posts

Cindy
Peck ID
USA
604 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2009 :  09:18:26 AM  Show Profile
Hi Julia and welcome. Wow, sounds like your hubby is really making the place nice. I'd love to see pictures if you have any. You have to put them up on some server like photobucket before you put them here. There are threads that tell you how to do it, just search them.
I'm really interested in seeing how the kitchen cupboards look done like that. I never thought of that idea and it sounds great.
Cindy

Go to Top of Page

AmethystRose
True Blue Farmgirl

254 Posts

Rosemary
Huntingdon PA
USA
254 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2009 :  8:22:07 PM  Show Profile
When DH and I married in '82, he was living as a caretaker in an old stone house belonging to his parents which they inherited. It had always been rented since DH's great grandfather bought it in 1907, so there were some problems. No kitchen cabinets. Only one closet-- on the second floor. Twelve inch thick uninsulated stone walls. Drafty windows with single panes of glass that had more r-value than the stone walls. Heating only the first floor used 2000 gallons of oil a season.

We're not there anymore, and the story would sound like the old "Queen For a Day" TV show.

Since 2004 we haved lived next door, on eight acres bought from the estate of DH's aunt. We live in a large single wide no longer mobile home, and we have a greatly improved standard of living. We live simply, more efficiently, and have so much more storage rather than dead spaces. We filled the 250 gallon oil tank in September, and just ordered a refill today. When I am inside, I'm home. Everything in the house has meaning to me, it's not only filling space. I call it my condominium in the woods. From one window in the living room, I sit with a cup of coffee and see the sun rise. The oppposite window has a view of the woods and birds at the feeders.

Peace of mind is worth so much more than status.
Go to Top of Page

Mother Hen
True Blue Farmgirl

604 Posts

Cindy
Peck ID
USA
604 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2009 :  8:44:24 PM  Show Profile
R T first of all welcome. Sounds like you definitely upgraded. Your home sounds very warm and inviting with wonderful views. Thank you so much for sharing.

Cindy

Go to Top of Page

daylily
True Blue Farmgirl

114 Posts

Chris
Newcastle CA
USA
114 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2009 :  12:27:35 PM  Show Profile
We live in a manufactured home and we love it! We would never have been able to move to our "ranch" if we'd had to build conventionally. Just too much $$ then. We got much more space too! As all have said before me, a home is made by the family who lives there!

This photo was taken at dusk. Please 'scuse the piles of weeds , we had been working in the front garden...

Chris
Farmgirl Sister #346
http://refininglife.blogspot.com
http://organizedkitchen.blogspot.com

Edited by - daylily on Mar 07 2009 12:28:27 PM
Go to Top of Page

Mother Hen
True Blue Farmgirl

604 Posts

Cindy
Peck ID
USA
604 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2009 :  9:15:28 PM  Show Profile
Chris, what a lovely home you have, looks like one of those huge triple-wides? I agree on the price aspect. Definitely cheaper than "regular" house. Thanks for sharing your photo.
Cindy

Go to Top of Page

jinia
True Blue Farmgirl

152 Posts

jinia
mo
USA
152 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2009 :  2:51:35 PM  Show Profile
So here is the mobile home we will hopefully purchase in two months!! Isn't it cute!

Go to Top of Page

paradiseplantation
True Blue Farmgirl

1277 Posts

julie
social springs community Louisiana
USA
1277 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2009 :  11:17:51 AM  Show Profile
Congrats, Jinia! It's really precious!

from the hearts of paradise...
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2009 :  11:26:15 AM  Show Profile
I live in a pretty nice one with vaulted ceilings and an island kitchen. It badly needs a paint job, which I hope to give it this spring. Once the nasty weather clear up
I'll get pics once I get it painted! The only problem is I need to get rid of the clutter that has taken over and do a deep spring cleaning REAL soon! But its the only home I've ever owned outright and I'm proud of it.

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

Go to Top of Page

jinia
True Blue Farmgirl

152 Posts

jinia
mo
USA
152 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2009 :  7:41:12 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Julie!
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2009 :  7:43:33 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
You ladies have such beautiful places!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Mother Hen
True Blue Farmgirl

604 Posts

Cindy
Peck ID
USA
604 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2009 :  11:12:09 PM  Show Profile
Jinia, Good luck, I hope you get it!! That's a great sized deck. I love the outside work area under cover, it would be my favorite place.
It is nicely decorated outside, very cute. Let us know when it's finalized!

Annika, I can't wait to see pictures. I'm such a voyeaur in that manner. I love seeing how other people decorate, or have their stuff because it gives me more ideas to try myself. I also love the fact that it's all paid for, no mortgages here! WooHoo!! I'll be looking forward to your pictures.

Cindy

FARMGIRLS CAN DO ANYTHING!!!

Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2009 :  07:33:21 AM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
Jinia, that is so cute! I don't even know what I like the "best" about it. Maybe the paved driveway. :) My driveway is gravel and we sit at the bottom of the hill so it's a good thing I don't have carpet and I like mud. LOL It is such a great setup. I really hope you get it!

Melanie

Go to Top of Page

daylily
True Blue Farmgirl

114 Posts

Chris
Newcastle CA
USA
114 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2009 :  3:24:45 PM  Show Profile
Jinia, looks like a great place to me! I love your view and you have really nice outdoor space too!

Congrats!

Chris
Farmgirl Sister #346

http://refininglife.blogspot.com
http://organizedkitchen.blogspot.com
http://redeemedforapurpose.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

kelandry
Farmgirl at Heart

2 Posts

Tiffany
Tucson AZ
2 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2009 :  6:06:03 PM  Show Profile
I live in a manufactured home from teh 70's (meaning it has lots of interior re decorating projects to work on.) It's a double wide and I know how you feel. I sometimes feel my house isn't as nice as others (from the outside) but then I realise I have just enough space for me and my mortgage is under 500 a month. so it's worth it. besides, your house is lovely!

"There's such a lot of different Annes in me. I sometimes think that is why I'm such a troublesome person. If I was just the one Anne it would be ever so much more comfortable, but then it wouldn't be half so interesting."
L.M. Montgomery
Go to Top of Page

Patsy
True Blue Farmgirl

592 Posts

Illinois
USA
592 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2009 :  06:07:37 AM  Show Profile

Mine is an old 1979 but it has everything I need. I am going to try to get new skirting this year. The front looks okay but the back is very weathered and has some patch jobs where skirting has gone flying away in the wind

I think that if a mortal ever heard the voice of God, it would be in a garden at the cool of the day. (F. Moore)

Patsy

Go to Top of Page

jinia
True Blue Farmgirl

152 Posts

jinia
mo
USA
152 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2009 :  07:39:40 AM  Show Profile
Melanie, I have to say that I love the driveway! I think were getting it! There is a workshop with electricity and the a storage area built on next (also with electricity) and last a covered area perfect for tucking your BBQ pit and such under.!! The previous owners did a wonderful job!
Chris, thanks! So hope all works out! They made such a cute outdoor area considering its in a huge park!
Patsy, your home is cute as it can be!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic Anyone live in a manufactured home?**Pictures** Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page