Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 Anyone live in a manufactured home?**Pictures**
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic Anyone live in a manufactured home?**Pictures** Next Topic
Page: of 5

Maryjane Lee
True Blue Farmgirl

2195 Posts

Maryjane
CA
USA
2195 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2009 :  6:52:07 PM  Show Profile
Wonderful post and pictures! Thanks for sharing!

Hugs,
Maryjane Lee

Farmgirl #44
Sisters on the Fly #595

http://thebeehivecottage.blogspot.com

http://beehivecottage.etsy.com

Go to Top of Page

idcityrose
True Blue Farmgirl

202 Posts

Rose
Idaho City Idaho
USA
202 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2009 :  10:15:25 AM  Show Profile
A home is what you make it. My shack is over 100 years old (actually built with square nails) and I don't believe there is one level floor in the place, has some old "mobile home" windows in places, not one square corner to be found and some of the floors need new coverings and preferably to be leveled at the same time.

But there is hardly a day goes by that I don't think to myself how much I love my "home". Others may see the flaws but I see the life I have breathed into it.

Please don't ever think that good people will judge you by your home. If they do they are probably not worth having as friends. Real people overlook things as simple as the structure you live in. It Is Your Home.

Farmgirl love and hugs your way, idcityrose

Some people look for happiness, others create it!

We are never alone in the forest of Sisters! We "Mountain Farmgirls" are outstanding in our field!
Go to Top of Page

countrykatgirly
True Blue Farmgirl

186 Posts

Hallie
Jordan NY
USA
186 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2009 :  07:08:46 AM  Show Profile
Yep, just bought it in December. Still getting settled in. We chose one for several reasons:

1. We couldn't afford to buy a regular house.

2. We wouldn't have been able to get financed for a regular home due to bad credit. I got sick with the MS and had no income waiting on disability for 3 years.

3. We didn't want to be under a regular 15-30 year mortgage right now.

It's a 1988 double-wide, 2 BR with a carport and deck. We don't own it yet but will in only 5-1/2 years which is a happy thought. We do pay lot rent but it is really reasonable. The company that runs this community owns 5 others and is a third generation family-run outfit.

Super glad to see this thread and will get caught up on posts soon!

“It is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all.”
--Laura Ingalls Wilder

Edited by - countrykatgirly on Jun 01 2009 07:18:27 AM
Go to Top of Page

Mother Hen
True Blue Farmgirl

604 Posts

Cindy
Peck ID
USA
604 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2009 :  08:45:40 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Hallie, sounds like it's great you have found yours, a win/win situation all the way around! That's wonderful!
Good luck on getting the disability.

Cindy

FARMGIRLS CAN DO ANYTHING!!!

I will bless the Lord at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth. Psalms 34:1
Go to Top of Page

countrykatgirly
True Blue Farmgirl

186 Posts

Hallie
Jordan NY
USA
186 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2009 :  04:38:53 AM  Show Profile
Cindy, I hear you about the “white trash” thing. When I mentioned to my friends that we were thinking about buying one of these I heard almost nothing but negative comments. You’d think people would’ve been happy that we were getting something of our own. It hurt my feelings. Now I don’t care because at least it will be paid for and it will be ours. My community seems nice and we haven’t had all the problems we had at the old apartments. People here are settled, the way I want to be.

Years ago I had as part of my life plan to own my own home by the time I was 40. Then, at 36 I became ill with what turned out to be the MS. There went that dream, along with many others. Last summer we saw this place and we were able to work out a decent deal even though we had bad credit. During the winter it dawned on me that God had indeed granted my prayer. Three months after my 40th birthday we got the keys to this place. It wasn’t quite what I had imagined, this home I had planned for years ago, but it IS a home…and at age 40 as I had wanted.

--Laura Ingalls Wilder

Edited by - countrykatgirly on Jun 02 2009 04:42:09 AM
Go to Top of Page

countrykatgirly
True Blue Farmgirl

186 Posts

Hallie
Jordan NY
USA
186 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2009 :  05:07:23 AM  Show Profile
How do I post a picture?

--Laura Ingalls Wilder

Edited by - countrykatgirly on Jun 02 2009 05:08:48 AM
Go to Top of Page

one_dog_per_acre
True Blue Farmgirl

1572 Posts

Trish
Sandpoint ID
USA
1572 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2009 :  11:50:26 AM  Show Profile
For Sale or rent: Our 1200 sq. ft. manufactured home in Bonney Lake WA. It is on .77 acres, has a huge shop worth more than the manufactured home. I am praying we sell it, so we can sell this cabin we live in now, in Idaho, and start building our dreams. We hope to buy 5 acres and build or put a manufactured or modular home on it. Some of those Palm Harbor homes are beautiful.

Trish

Make cupcakes not war!
Go to Top of Page

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2009 :  2:00:32 PM  Show Profile
How much are you asking for it Trish?

Farmgirl Sister #98
Visit my online store at:
http://www.shopthefrontier.com/VFstore/index.php?manufacturers_id=79&osCsid=6be4b25bf9555031c6e2e86bbde23dba
Go to Top of Page

Mother Hen
True Blue Farmgirl

604 Posts

Cindy
Peck ID
USA
604 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2009 :  10:39:07 PM  Show Profile
Hallie, you have to have the picture on the net somewhere else before you can post it here. There is a thread that explains how to do it, but I can't remember what heading it's under.
I have mine on photobucket the I copied the link and put it in between the brackets that come up when you click on the little picture with the mountains(you will see it between the envelope looking thing and the number sign when you are typing a reply. If I didn't explain it well enough, try looking for the thread on it.

And, YES God did answer your prayer and give you a home at 40!

Cindy

I will bless the Lord at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth. Psalms 34:1
Go to Top of Page

countrykatgirly
True Blue Farmgirl

186 Posts

Hallie
Jordan NY
USA
186 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2009 :  09:42:03 AM  Show Profile
Okay, let me see if I am doing this right...

Little gate leading to the back of the house

--Laura Ingalls Wilder

Edited by - countrykatgirly on Jun 03 2009 09:43:23 AM
Go to Top of Page

countrykatgirly
True Blue Farmgirl

186 Posts

Hallie
Jordan NY
USA
186 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2009 :  09:44:11 AM  Show Profile
The kitchen cooktop area:

Side yard and mini-barn

Front entry area by dining room:

Carport in front (w/ me and my purple truck, MIss Violet, LOL):

--Laura Ingalls Wilder

Edited by - countrykatgirly on Jun 03 2009 09:48:24 AM
Go to Top of Page

Mother Hen
True Blue Farmgirl

604 Posts

Cindy
Peck ID
USA
604 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2009 :  2:09:29 PM  Show Profile
Hallie, you did great getting the pix on. I like your kitchen cupboards much better than mine. I like the wood look. Your place is very nice and you shouldn't be upset about your "friends" dis'ing you. You have a place to be proud of!

Thanks for sharing your pictures.
Cindy

Go to Top of Page

countrykatgirly
True Blue Farmgirl

186 Posts

Hallie
Jordan NY
USA
186 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2009 :  05:19:39 AM  Show Profile
Thank you, Cindy. It's nice to hear someone say something positive about it.

It looks like they refaced the cheap ones with real oak. I like that, LOL. We took the flowers off the top and put primitive stuff up there and colored glassware. I used the flowers in my bathroom instead.

--Laura Ingalls Wilder
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2009 :  08:39:37 AM  Show Profile
Hallie,
How nice everything looks. I love that you have that little barn shed right there handy, and it looks like you have a porch, do you? Now get yourself a rocking chair. How long have you been there?
Nancy Jo

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

countrykatgirly
True Blue Farmgirl

186 Posts

Hallie
Jordan NY
USA
186 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2009 :  09:35:33 AM  Show Profile
Thanks, Nancy. We bought it in December. Couldn't beat the price compared to the traditional homes that we looked at. We have a small back porch off the laundry room that never gets used and then a nice deck in the front. The great thing is that it is covered and so is the carport so you can go right from the truck to the front door and stay dry.

We bought a little bench and table and like to sit out there and catch the breeze. Now that the bugs are out we'll be lighting our bug candle and enjoying the flowers, too.

--Laura Ingalls Wilder

Edited by - countrykatgirly on Jun 04 2009 09:36:41 AM
Go to Top of Page

jinia
True Blue Farmgirl

152 Posts

jinia
mo
USA
152 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2009 :  08:22:28 AM  Show Profile
So this is the place we just bought a couple of months ago. What I love is the personal touches the previous owners did. Like adding cabinets, taking out one of the baths and putting in a step in shower,and such. Sorry I put on so many pics
Kitchen window ledge. (Bowl, sugar & cream garage sale finds and the red radio Goodwill $4)

Corner shelf behind kitchen sink(see the cute cake plate $2 garage sale)

Second bathroom.Best thing about a mobile home!

To the right when you step in the door. That metal cabinet is my linen closet - I love that thing!

See the cabinet over the fridge - that is what makes the small space just fine!

Enamel Bakers table serving as our kitchen table (craigs list).

Step in shower - will need some work so hope we can handle it!

Edited by - jinia on Jul 20 2009 08:23:36 AM
Go to Top of Page

jinia
True Blue Farmgirl

152 Posts

jinia
mo
USA
152 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2009 :  08:30:18 AM  Show Profile
I am sorry there so big - didn't realize it till posted and not sure how to resize them.
My bedroom door that is handmade!

My deck - I love sitting here! They lived here for 20 years and fed the birds for that long so we have tons!

View from the top of the hill towards the front - I mow that lawn!

The view to toward the end where there is a workshop and storage shed built on.

Go to Top of Page

countrykatgirly
True Blue Farmgirl

186 Posts

Hallie
Jordan NY
USA
186 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2009 :  1:22:36 PM  Show Profile
Jinia, your place is cute! Love that deck!

**Farmgirl Sister #622**

--Laura Ingalls Wilder

Go to Top of Page

Mother Hen
True Blue Farmgirl

604 Posts

Cindy
Peck ID
USA
604 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2009 :  9:43:43 PM  Show Profile
Jinia, I know I commented about your pictures soon after you posted them, but alas, it must have been one of the times I've had problems with the computer 'cuz the comment isn't here.

I have a set of bowls just like the one on your window sil. I love the radio also. You found a great place. Such nice pictures. How wonderful your deck is and the little area to work in for potting plants or whatever. Those are a treasure to have, I'd love to have them also.
It's a nice place, you must be so proud!

Cindy

Go to Top of Page

jinia
True Blue Farmgirl

152 Posts

jinia
mo
USA
152 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2009 :  11:30:58 AM  Show Profile
Thanks ladies for your lovely comments! Cindy I love that bowl - always looking for more at the thrift and gargage sales!
Go to Top of Page

countrykatgirly
True Blue Farmgirl

186 Posts

Hallie
Jordan NY
USA
186 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2009 :  08:20:10 AM  Show Profile
Now, I'm curious. It is starting to get pretty chilly here and I was wondering what folks do to winterize in a home like this.

**Farmgirl Sister #622**

--Laura Ingalls Wilder

Go to Top of Page

lilwing
True Blue Farmgirl

1403 Posts

Brooke
Fulshear Texas
USA
1403 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2009 :  08:27:44 AM  Show Profile  Send lilwing a Yahoo! Message
Hey, get this, I live in a tiny condo! I'd LOVE to live in a manufactured home on some land!! :D I grew up in a manufactured home (trailer) that my parents worked on and added rooms, and a big porch... it's just fine! It's all in how you look at things and make it YOUR OWN! There are people like me who'd gladly live in something like that. Besides, That little red house is CUTE!!!

~~~~
http://nightbirdtrading.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2009 :  09:18:09 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
We are thinking of getting one once we get back to Texas...just don't know how we will handle the heat in it...is there any special siding or insulation we could get??? Can't take over 100 degrees for several months. I like them because they are super easy to take care of and ayou can make them so cute. Good job farmgirls!!! : )

Heather

http://somewheredownintexas-heather.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Brenda Kay Groth
True Blue Farmgirl

100 Posts

Brenda
Manton MIch
USA
100 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2009 :  10:13:20 AM  Show Profile  Send Brenda Kay Groth a Yahoo! Message
there is a totally wonderful book written on designer redos for manufacutured homes by Christopher Lowell, you can do it small homes..it is fantastic what he did with basic doublewides..but could also apply to single wides.

i am an interior designer and after our house fire (lighteninig) we moved into a large double wide..new on our property..and i decorated it old worlde on the inside and it is a lovely home..i'm not white trash..i might not be a millionaire but i have a beautiful home.

all homes can be made to be beautiful..sometimes it takes money..but generally a good eye, paint and a little hard work will get great results..

will show photos when i get on another computer.

bloom where you are planted
Go to Top of Page

countrykatgirly
True Blue Farmgirl

186 Posts

Hallie
Jordan NY
USA
186 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2009 :  12:40:08 PM  Show Profile
I'd love to see some photos of your place, Brenda. Oh, and thanks for the tip about the book!

**Farmgirl Sister #622**

--Laura Ingalls Wilder

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic Anyone live in a manufactured home?**Pictures** Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page