Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 what is your simple joy today?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic what is your simple joy today? Next Topic
Page: of 15

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2009 :  04:56:52 AM  Show Profile
My simple joy today is...

Seeing baby toads in my garden :)

~Sharon

By His Grace, For His Glory

http://merryheartjournal.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

prairie_princess
True Blue Farmgirl

613 Posts

Elizabeth
Carpenter WY
USA
613 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2009 :  4:16:03 PM  Show Profile
yesterday, it was seeing the first hummingbird i think i've ever seen since living in wyoming! it was enjoying my hollyhocks and was so dainty and beautiful... i miss hummingbirds. when i was a kid living in arizona, they would always flutter around me if i was wearing bright colors. i was scared of them then, i thought they would attack me!

today, my breakfast! homeade biscuits and gravy and strawberries from the garden with cream and sugar... it was a special breakfast since it's my hubby's birthday today!

"Only two things that money can't buy, that's true love and homegrown tomatoes."
- Guy Clark

"The man who has planted a garden feels he has done something for the good of the world."
- Charles Dudley Warner
Go to Top of Page

GrammyGoose
True Blue Farmgirl

163 Posts

Sue
Liverpool PA
USA
163 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2009 :  7:39:21 PM  Show Profile
A visit from my parents, 2 of my grandsons and my daughter. All at the same time, all unexpected and unplanned. It was a good day!

Sue
Farmgirl #656

"This is the day that God made, let us drink juice and enjoy it!" - Reece Stutts, age 3
Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2009 :  07:54:49 AM  Show Profile
Elizabeth how fun! I remember when I saw my first Hummingbird this year. Where in AZ did you live? Your breakfast sounds wonderful!

Sue, what a blessing , especially unplanned :)

Seeing a baby Hummingbird :)

~Sharon

Go to Top of Page

Canadian farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

482 Posts

Lori
Ontario
Canada
482 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2009 :  07:58:22 AM  Show Profile
My simple joy today is THE PLUMBER IS COMING to give us hot water! I've had no hot water since Sunday, when the bottom rusted out of our 5 year old hot water tank!

We've been managing, boiling lots of kettles to do dishes, and I managed to make four batches of jam during all of this!

Lori

Farmgirl Sister #183
Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2009 :  08:01:28 AM  Show Profile
Oh No Lori! I'm glad the Plumber is coming :) We have an on demand water heater and it works great and saves us so much money. You may want to check those out.

~Sharon

Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2009 :  10:49:01 AM  Show Profile
I just had lunch with a dear friend who has been battling cancer for 2-1/2 years. When she was diagnosed the doctors gave her 3-6 months. What a trooper! Just spending time with her makes me feel so much better about the petty problems in my life.

beekeepersgirl
Go to Top of Page

keyboo
True Blue Farmgirl

69 Posts

Lucy
Cambridge Springs Pa.
USA
69 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2009 :  8:06:39 PM  Show Profile
spending time at home for the first time in weeks!!picking blackberries, snugging my cat (keyboo), picking flowers, eating fresh beets from my garden!! Life is good!
Lucy
Go to Top of Page

KendraPate
Farmgirl at Heart

6 Posts

Kendra
Waller TX
USA
6 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2009 :  8:38:02 PM  Show Profile
Today I saw beautiful birds around my feeders. My grass is so beautiful and green after fridays rain. My 10 month old looking at me saying mama, melts my heart. My guinea keets came in today, so cute.

Every Day is a Blessing!! :)
Go to Top of Page

GrammyGoose
True Blue Farmgirl

163 Posts

Sue
Liverpool PA
USA
163 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2009 :  12:14:15 AM  Show Profile
A surprise reunion with an old friend I haven't seen in over 40 years. Imagine my surprise when he walked into our shop to have some work done and we recognized each other after not being in touch since we were 15 y/o (we're both not 56). He was my closest neighbor and buddy when we moved to the country and lost touch with each other when he and his family moved to a large farm about 15 miles north of us. BUT, this story gets better!!! My dh and I have been trying to contact the owner of a parcel of land just down the road from my daughter. It turns out that my old friend is the man who owns it. He is also the man that my son-in-law bought his land from that he and dd are living on. Small world doesn't even begin to describe this situation. God's plan, yes.

We spent over 2 hours catching up and reminiscing. It made my heart sing! He's coming back to discuss the land deal. He still owns over 300 acres of the valley that his family once owned in entirety. The parcel we were looking at is not going to work for our needs, but after our visit, he is convinced that God is trying to tell him something and he went home to talk to his wife about subdividing another parcel he was thinking of selling. Whether the land deal works or not, it was purely a blessing to renew an old and dear friendship.

Sue
Farmgirl #656

"This is the day that God made, let us drink juice and enjoy it!" - Reece Stutts, age 3
Go to Top of Page

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2009 :  12:22:06 AM  Show Profile
I biked to visit my sis in law yesterday. The weather is great, nice and hot. I had a visit with my buddy Max too :)

The country road

Buddy Max

Max is my oldest brother's dog. Brother passed away over 2 yrs ago and Max is now my special best doggie friend. I love him to bits and he loves me too

Hugs from Marian/Dutchy, a farmgirl from the Netherlands :)

My personal blog:
http://just-me-a-dutch-girl.blogspot.com/

Almost daily updates on me and mine :)
Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2009 :  05:29:26 AM  Show Profile
Max is so cute Marian! What a great picture of the 2 of you :)

My simple joy today is....

A gentle rain this morning and the wonderful fresh scent that comes with it. And my cup of Chai tea :)

~Sharon

Go to Top of Page

MeadowCrone
True Blue Farmgirl

220 Posts

Bernadine
Island Park and Salem ID
USA
220 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2009 :  7:39:10 PM  Show Profile
Canoeing today and finding an island covered in Wild Mint. It was beautiful!

Gratefully living on the "fat of the land".
Go to Top of Page

mollymae
True Blue Farmgirl

694 Posts

Molly
Visalia California
USA
694 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2009 :  9:46:56 PM  Show Profile
Beginning to crochet again. I have a blanket I have been crocheting off and on for 3 years (more off than on, let me tell ya..). What a wonderful feeling to be creating again

Molly - Farmgirl #625
"As waves upon my head the circling curl, So in the sacred dance weave ye and whirl. Dance then, O heart, a whirling circle be. Burn in this flame - is not the candle He?" -Rumi
Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2009 :  06:44:29 AM  Show Profile
My simple joy today (well actually last night) is...

Seeing a Black Bear Cub! He was on the road in front of our house and only about 20 feet away! That is the closest look I have ever gotten :) He was so cute!

~Sharon

Go to Top of Page

GrammyGoose
True Blue Farmgirl

163 Posts

Sue
Liverpool PA
USA
163 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2009 :  07:29:30 AM  Show Profile
Tomatoes from my dad's garden and a big old bear hug like only an 83 y/o daddy can give to go with them!

Sue
Farmgirl #656

Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2009 :  4:23:21 PM  Show Profile
Seeing ripe tomatoes on the vine.

For tomorrow and its needs I do not pray, but keep me, guide me, love me, Lord just for today.
St. Augustine

http://www.myfeetaredirty.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Canadian farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

482 Posts

Lori
Ontario
Canada
482 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2009 :  08:53:43 AM  Show Profile
My simple joy was actually last night--my boss gave me two free tickets to go see The Beach Boys, so I went with hubby. What an awesome concert! Such fun songs, too! The simple days of cars, surfing and school!

They have an awesome lead guitarist, and my husband, who plays guitar, said this was the best concert he's ever been to!

Lori

Farmgirl Sister #183
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2009 :  09:00:10 AM  Show Profile
A good laugh with my friend, Ron. He's far too busy as am I and it's nice to catch up every now and again!

Musings from our family in the Bluegrass http://sweetvioletmae.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

keyboo
True Blue Farmgirl

69 Posts

Lucy
Cambridge Springs Pa.
USA
69 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2009 :  3:04:51 PM  Show Profile
sitting on the couch with my cat (keyboo) and listening to the crickets! you know what that means??
Go to Top of Page

prairie_princess
True Blue Farmgirl

613 Posts

Elizabeth
Carpenter WY
USA
613 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2009 :  06:03:02 AM  Show Profile
seeing the sun come up this morning... it was a brilliant pink color, i'm guessing because it was a bit hazy and cloudy this morning. but it sure was beautiful!

"Only two things that money can't buy, that's true love and homegrown tomatoes."
- Guy Clark

"The man who has planted a garden feels he has done something for the good of the world."
- Charles Dudley Warner
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

2474 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
2474 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2009 :  7:32:13 PM  Show Profile
the simple soft clucking of the hens and the adolescent rooster in the morning. The tick tock of the 1890's clock that was given to my dh by his neighbor when he was little and the whistle of the teakettle meaning it is time to sip tea and pet the cats. They are all simple things, but wow, what a gift!

Bonnie Ellis

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2009 :  06:47:29 AM  Show Profile

The cool weather! Yay!

~Sharon

Go to Top of Page

krissy
True Blue Farmgirl

278 Posts

Kristen
Snohomish WA
USA
278 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2009 :  09:43:15 AM  Show Profile
Knowing that I will not be driving 30 minutes to a meeting. I am happy to sit at home and work and not have to go anywhere.

http://lateinlifemommy.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Tammyb
True Blue Farmgirl

511 Posts

Tammy
Bluffton Ohio
USA
511 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2009 :  5:51:46 PM  Show Profile
Planting trees ... 7 beautiful trees in my yard .... what work and what fun .
Tammyb

Live to leave a legacy

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 15 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic what is your simple joy today? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page