mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2006 :  11:26:27 AM  Show Profile
Aunt Jenny - what pattern did you use for the American diner apron? I LOVE it!
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2006 :  3:47:25 PM  Show Profile
It is a McCalls (hmmmm or is it Simplicity?) pattern..still available, like a retro collection. There are other cute ones on it too...I will have to look it up..the number I mean. I love that one!

Jenny in Utah
It's astonishing how short a time it takes for very wonderful things to happen...Frances Burnette
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2006 :  4:11:45 PM  Show Profile
Went to the 2nd hand store today, and guess what? yep! I got 3 new, old aprons. $3.oo apiece. When I came home I took my bag into my daughter's room smiling. She looked up at me and said, 'You bought a new apron didn't you?" Oh, she knows my habit to well! Also bought some fabric that will make a great little apron. As soon as we get the leak from the skylight which is over my sewing area, I will be making some new aprons.

"...the setting sun is like going into the very presence of God." Elizabeth Von Arnim
Go to Top of Page

Fabulous Farm Femmes
True Blue Farmgirl

792 Posts

Diane
Lakebay, Tacoma WA
792 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2006 :  8:34:00 PM  Show Profile  Send Fabulous Farm Femmes an AOL message
This months Country Living magazine has all sorts of aprons in it, all modeled by twenty something gals. I love it! If my Nana was alive she would not believe it.

Also a cute side article about a business in Moscow, Idaho called Cowgirl Chocolates..hmmm may have to check that out during Farm Fair.
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2006 :  9:06:11 PM  Show Profile
that DOES sound interesting!!!!

Jenny in Utah
It's astonishing how short a time it takes for very wonderful things to happen...Frances Burnette
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Shirley
True Blue Farmgirl

734 Posts

Shirley
Olympia Wa
USA
734 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2006 :  11:28:28 PM  Show Profile
Diane, My mom is 85 and shes doesnt believe that aprons are coming back, guess she didnt like them much, I really cant remember her wearing them though.
My granmother wore them all the time.
I love them, going to make one tomorrow while DH watches the ball game, I will be in the same room so I will act interested when he yells ROFL
shirley
Go to Top of Page

Fabulous Farm Femmes
True Blue Farmgirl

792 Posts

Diane
Lakebay, Tacoma WA
792 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2006 :  11:37:58 PM  Show Profile  Send Fabulous Farm Femmes an AOL message
Hi Jenny!!

Shirley, maybe your Mom is one of those early feminists who are angry aprons are coming back becasue that reminds them of the era when there where no choices...and I "PRETEND" to like football too!!!
Go to Top of Page

SmallTownGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

117 Posts

Rose

USA
117 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2006 :  1:50:44 PM  Show Profile
I just purchase this apron pattern from McCalls yesterday to make gingham aprons. I just can't wait to get started. I can't wait to check out the new Country Living.
http://www.mccallpattern.com/item/M4793.htm
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2006 :  2:43:44 PM  Show Profile
Oh..I have that one too..isn't it cute???? I got some new red gingham today...it is calling out to me to become an apron..haha
Be sure to post a picture when you get yours done too SmallT.G.!!!

Jenny in Utah
Go to Top of Page

SmallTownGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

117 Posts

Rose

USA
117 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2006 :  2:59:00 PM  Show Profile
I will definitly post my pictures, I hope to get the pattern this week. But I have to wait on getting the fabric because I spent too much at the fabric store this weekend. I did eye the gingham and they had so many cute colors I couldn't decide between pink, green, red or blue. I guess I will have to get them all, one can never have too many aprons right? Do any of you ladies have aprons for particular things? I have a cleaing apron, cooking apron, a tea serving apron, a gardening and an entertaining apron. I have so many I guess that I have to come up with different reasons to wear them all. Rose
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2006 :  3:17:35 PM  Show Profile
I have a couple favorites that I wear for every day...a clothesline hanging apron..where the chothespins live..and a couple that are nicer for when we have company. I plan to make a special sturdy one for gardening this year...I am hard on aprons and the garden tools wear out the pockets. My favorite apron is looking bad. Maybe I will have to look for the same fabric and re-make it. I love it that much!!

Jenny in Utah
Go to Top of Page

lgm1270
Farmgirl in Training

36 Posts

Lorrie
Fairview TN
USA
36 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2006 :  8:31:48 PM  Show Profile
I love that McCalls pattern it is so cute. I will have to get my daughter on her drawing board to re-create it for me they are great. I don't want to spend $16.00 for a pattern when I can make my own. I read an article today where a woman was ranting about some big name designer that just released a huge apron line for the spring. This is the 3rd article I have read this month where women are bashing aprons. What is the deal with all the feminist lately ranting about aprons? Are they not secure enough in their "choices", to not be threatened by a little ole piece of fabric?I understand that they don't cook and so don't want to degrade themselves by wearing an apron, but can they not respect our choices? Some of us women enjoy being in the kitchen and working in the home. We enjoy feeling like women wearing our pretty aprons. Whats wrong with that

I posted a rather strong reply to an article I found last week on my blog. Have a read and tell me what you think.

Home of Fun, Fashionable, and Functional Aprons
www.ameliasaprons.com / www.ameliasaprons.com/blog
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2006 :  9:22:45 PM  Show Profile
Good for you, Lorrie! Right on!

Come visit my Etsy store at www.chezPatricia.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Lacy
True Blue Farmgirl

114 Posts

Lacy
Dallas Texas
114 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2006 :  07:01:43 AM  Show Profile  Send Lacy an AOL message
Well, here's my very first homemade apron! I want to fuss it up a bit and fix the waistband, but for my first sewing project since I was 10 and sewing with my grandma, I don't think it's half bad!

http://farmaspirations.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

SmallTownGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

117 Posts

Rose

USA
117 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2006 :  07:25:08 AM  Show Profile
Oh Lacy your apron is really cute. I just love red!

Remember what you now have was once among the things only hoped for.
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2006 :  08:16:36 AM  Show Profile
adorable Lacy!! You did a gret job!!

Jenny in Utah
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2006 :  08:36:15 AM  Show Profile
Lacy - CUTE! I love the fabric and the pocket! Nice job!

Is this where I read about someone having a pattern for a maternity apron? If so, would you please fill me in? I am getting a little too round for most of mine, and would love to make an "expectant farmgirl" version...

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2006 :  9:49:20 PM  Show Profile
Yeah Lacy ! Good job! It is really cute! Julia V.

"...the setting sun is like going into the very presence of God." Elizabeth Von Arnim
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2006 :  10:11:00 AM  Show Profile
Perfect for Valentine's day, Lacy!!

Come visit my Etsy store at www.chezPatricia.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Kathigene
True Blue Farmgirl

160 Posts

Kathy
New York
160 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2006 :  2:33:25 PM  Show Profile  Send Kathigene an AOL message  Send Kathigene a Yahoo! Message
[blue]I was just surfing looking at quilting materials on line and I ran across a FREE apron pattern. It's at http://robertkaufman.com/fabric/happy_homemaker.asp Actually all the patterns are cute. The apron looks quite small but I bet you could make it bigger by adding an extra panel or two depending on what you needed. The fabric it's made out of is also adorable - 40's reproduction material.

Kathy [/Kathy]

Dogs make such good friends because they wag their tails rather then their tongues.
Go to Top of Page

farmgrlchick
True Blue Farmgirl

439 Posts

Theresa
Columbus Montana
USA
439 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2006 :  4:42:56 PM  Show Profile
SO very Cute Kathy! I love the fabric.....

Theresa
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2006 :  5:10:32 PM  Show Profile
Adorable..will be doing those placemats for sure!! and the apron does look small..but sure is cute!! I LOVE the fabrics!!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
Go to Top of Page

happymama58
True Blue Farmgirl

1210 Posts

Patti
Missouri
USA
1210 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2006 :  5:55:27 PM  Show Profile
What a great site -- thanks for sharing!

Some people search for happiness; others create it.

http://happymama58.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2006 :  06:23:21 AM  Show Profile
GIRLS,
GREAT APRON FIND YESTERDAY, a SITE CALLED WHITE HOUSE TREASURES. I THINK THIS GIRL LIVES IN A VERY LARGE OLD WHITE VICTORIAN HOUSE. ok, lower case letters again. Anyway, she had 11 aprons for sale. one group of four, 6 dollars, another group of four, 8 dollars, and another group of 3,6 dollars. plus I got 4 old 1950's needlecraft magizines from England. the aprons are all from the 40's and 50's. I ordered from her sometime ago and got 3 aprons from her and they were also from the 50's. SO my apron collection took a big leap yerterday.
Now watch, come garage sale season I will probably find a whole bunch for 50 cents, but I just couldn't wait!
NANCY JO
Go to Top of Page

Susie Q
True Blue Farmgirl

122 Posts

Susan
So. California
USA
122 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2006 :  10:22:40 PM  Show Profile
Anybody else find that the Everyday Apron from the book was a bit too small?

I made up a muslin of it and found it a bit snug. I've been wondering about blowing it up to 500% for more ease. Has anybody tried that?

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 25 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Aprons Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page