Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2005 :  11:10:43 AM  Show Profile
I love your blue jean apron success! what a great idea! I love clever people! I'm gonna have to try that,if it is ok with you! Welcome to the sight. Hope to see more of you. Simply, Julia V.

"...the setting sun is like going into the very presence of God." Elizabeth Von Arnim
Go to Top of Page

zachariah2b
Farmgirl at Heart

3 Posts

3 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2005 :  05:50:34 AM  Show Profile
You are welcome to give it a whirl. I will say, it helps to use jeans that are your own size/the right size (I will use my kids' jeans to make theirs), because then everything is already proportioned correctly. Maybe one day I will figure out how to post a picture!
Go to Top of Page

Fabulous Farm Femmes
True Blue Farmgirl

792 Posts

Diane
Lakebay, Tacoma WA
792 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2005 :  12:38:02 PM  Show Profile  Send Fabulous Farm Femmes an AOL message
zachariah2b, try looking under the Kitchen topic and under "how would you remodel" sub topic, at the end of that thread Frannie aka cabin creek kentucky has explained how to post photos pretty well...ps what does your name mean? Are you expecting? just farmgirl curiosity..
Go to Top of Page

zachariah2b
Farmgirl at Heart

3 Posts

3 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2005 :  7:26:07 PM  Show Profile
LOL. Well, because I couldn't BE "zachariah" (taken), I just decided "to be" zachariah2b (strangely available!). I thought it fit in with the whole computer thing - kind of like my bar code, and the play on words cracked me up. It also reminds me to live up to myself as best I can, but that happy side effect only came afterwards. I'll look up the photo posting - Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

lgm1270
Farmgirl in Training

36 Posts

Lorrie
Fairview TN
USA
36 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2005 :  08:23:50 AM  Show Profile
For all you apron enthusiast out there I found this article the other day and thought I would share. According to this article, 103 aprons adorn the walls of the La Harpe historical Sociaty. Some aprons date back to the 1800’s. I am not sure where La Harpe is located but I would love to see this display. The article includes a picture of a cute half apron with a small floral print and large tulip on it. I enjoyed the read and hope you do too.

http://www.quillnewspaper.com/thisweek/a3005a1.html

www.ameliasaprons.com

Edited by - lgm1270 on Dec 06 2005 08:24:56 AM
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2005 :  2:46:58 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for the article Igm. It would be interesting to know where the La Harpe Society is from. I so love aprons that even when watching movies I will comment on the aprons. My family thinks I am nuts.

PS Just looked at your site. darling aprons! Saw too that you said the afore mentioned Society is in Il.
"...the setting sun is like going into the very presence of God." Elizabeth Von Arnim

Edited by - Julia on Dec 07 2005 2:52:27 PM
Go to Top of Page

lgm1270
Farmgirl in Training

36 Posts

Lorrie
Fairview TN
USA
36 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2005 :  08:50:09 AM  Show Profile
Thank you Julia for the nice comments on my site. I am trying to help my 13 year old daughter get a start on a homebased business. It is slow going, but we are adding new aprons all the time.

Yes, I did find out that LaHarpe was in Ill. Unfortunantly I have only been up ther once, so chances of me seeing the display are slim unless I deside to take the 9 hour drive just for the aprons, who know.

I love aprons too, I am so thrilled that they are coming back into style. Maybe we will see the day when every women will once again embrase the old fasioned icon.

www.ameliasaprons.com
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2005 :  11:48:49 PM  Show Profile
I just got a birthday box from my mom and in it are 3 different fabrics, all vintage type, all screaming "make me into an apron" I can't wait, though with the christmas season in full swing they may have to wait awhile.

Go to Top of Page

lgm1270
Farmgirl in Training

36 Posts

Lorrie
Fairview TN
USA
36 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2005 :  08:18:46 AM  Show Profile
Happy Birthday Julia, I have to say I am a little bit jealous. I am always on the look out for vintage fabrics. Maybe you can post a picture after your aprons are completed.

www.ameliasaprons.com
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2005 :  9:32:40 PM  Show Profile
I will try to do that. I am thinking of combining two different patterns to make one of the aprons. I have an old apron pattern and a new one of old aprons that I will use. I hope it turns out as cute as what is in me head.

Go to Top of Page

lgm1270
Farmgirl in Training

36 Posts

Lorrie
Fairview TN
USA
36 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2005 :  08:33:47 AM  Show Profile
I am sure it will. Can't wait to see the finished product.

www.ameliasaprons.com
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2005 :  09:54:09 AM  Show Profile
thanks for the encouragement. I can't wait to get working on it.

Go to Top of Page

lgm1270
Farmgirl in Training

36 Posts

Lorrie
Fairview TN
USA
36 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2005 :  05:50:24 AM  Show Profile
I trust everyone had a great Christmas and are preparing for a joyous New Years. My family gets togeather every New Years to set goals for the year and share our accomplishments. We usually spend some time in the kitchen preparing goodies to eat, so I can't wait to show off my new apron to my family and friends. Did anyone else get aprons for Christmas? I would love to hear any stories you may have. My New apron is a 4th of July pattern. Now when I wear it in July I can remember the gift of Christmas. Pretty cool I think. Happy Holidays everyone.
Lorrie

www.ameliasaprons.com
Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2349 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2349 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2005 :  06:55:31 AM  Show Profile
Wow! This is one hot topic. When I saw it had 33 pages I just had to take a look. I admit, I have not read all 33 pages but intend to. Just wanted to jump in with y'all.

I have my aprons from when I was a little girl helping my mom in the kitchen. My daughters now wear them when we're working together. It always brings a smile to my face to see them using something from my past. Plus, it helps me convince my husband that there is always a reason to save things and yes, I will use the things I save. (Well, I haven't actually convinced him of that, but am still trying)

When I was a school teacher I would have been lost without my apron. It kept my clothes from getting dirty with chalk, kept all the little thingies kids would play with during class, and best of all kept a stash of M & M's.

After reading MaryJane's book, I got all giddy about wanting to revive aprons for all my duties.

I'll start reading those 33 pages now.

Blessings
Catherine

One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt."
Go to Top of Page

owwlady
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Jan
Tomahawk WI
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2005 :  09:16:13 AM  Show Profile
My sister brought some new Simplicity patterns for aprons with her when she came in for Christmas. So cute. She's coming in for 4 days in January and we're going to get busy and make some together. One style has ruffles at the shoulders, I want that one.
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2005 :  09:27:23 AM  Show Profile
Me, too, Jan. Thanks for making me one! Patricia

Happy Wishes!
Go to Top of Page

Fabulous Farm Femmes
True Blue Farmgirl

792 Posts

Diane
Lakebay, Tacoma WA
792 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2005 :  12:01:14 PM  Show Profile  Send Fabulous Farm Femmes an AOL message
Susan Kate sent me a darling apron for Christmas just out of the goodness of her heart after she heard my tree story. It is darling blue and yellow with butterflies. My youngest daughter (22) wore it for our first annual Jensen Family Road-kill Cookie Bake-off...

now THERE'S a story....

THANK YOU SUSAN KATE!!! HUGS!!
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2005 :  9:11:58 PM  Show Profile
Road-kill Cookie Bake off? I want to hear that one! You have to post that one. Hope your house is healed. Blessings, Julia V.

Go to Top of Page

Snowden Cottage
True Blue Farmgirl

56 Posts

Mumsie
Valley WA
USA
56 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2005 :  11:36:05 PM  Show Profile
I wanted to post a picture of the homespun "apurns" my friend and I stitched up 2 years ago..and can't find the pic..they were a big hit with everyone who either were gifted or bought one from us..they are similar( full length with big pockets) to the ones on ameliasaprons.com ( I peeked at your website..luv your aprons!) I love to make them out of homespun..and I have so much homespun in my sewing room..I think it might be sinful!!! I get it at Walmart for $2 yard or sometimes I use the reproduction vintage fabric..anyway..I think I'll make up a few new ones..hmmmm..yep, I think I will! GB Mumsie

Live simply... Love deeply...Hope forever!
Go to Top of Page

Fabulous Farm Femmes
True Blue Farmgirl

792 Posts

Diane
Lakebay, Tacoma WA
792 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2005 :  02:29:33 AM  Show Profile  Send Fabulous Farm Femmes an AOL message
HI Julia!!

I will post about our new tradition (Road Kill Cookie Bake Off) in the Holidays section tomorrow!!It's a silly story...

PS When are you coming up to visit family again??

Edited by - Fabulous Farm Femmes on Dec 30 2005 02:30:54 AM
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2005 :  6:01:29 PM  Show Profile
thanks Diane! Not sure about the next WA visit. Probably won't be till spring. Dh only has 2 weeks off a year. Will let you know, so that we can at least do coffee! Julia V.

Go to Top of Page

lgm1270
Farmgirl in Training

36 Posts

Lorrie
Fairview TN
USA
36 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2006 :  07:07:21 AM  Show Profile
Wow, I take a week off from reading for the Holidays and everyone is buzzing. :)I too recieved a new apron pattern for Christmas, it is an Edwardian style apron that covers the whole dress like a pinafore. I can't wait to get sewing on it, my daughter can't wait to get the first one. Since she is the one who models for me she gets first dibs. I also would love to see pictures of everyones new aprons be sure to post them when you get them made.
Best Wishes and Blessings
Lorrie

www.ameliasaprons.com
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2006 :  9:37:34 PM  Show Profile
Just watched a movie with my daughter called Ladies in Lavender with Judy Dench and Maggie Smith. It was a sweet movie but oh the aprons. I even paused the movie so I could sketch one of them. Worth a watch for both the story and aprons.

Go to Top of Page

lgm1270
Farmgirl in Training

36 Posts

Lorrie
Fairview TN
USA
36 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2006 :  12:20:35 PM  Show Profile
Julia,I have not seen that movie yet, thanks I will have to watch it now. It is funny that you mentioned it because I am always noticing the aprons that people wear in movies. Especially the older movies they are great.

www.ameliasaprons.com
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2006 :  12:47:40 PM  Show Profile
i've never heard of that one .. but our darlin' daughter gave us a DVD player for Christmas (mostly so she can send us movies that they have taken of LUCAS!!) ... soon's we get a 'decent' TV .. we'll hook it up and i'll rent Ladies in Lavendar.

I am definitely NOT one to turn my head away from television. GAWD love you gurlz that can and do .. but i thoroughly enjoy watching movies and 'silly sitcoms' while sewing. I love the history channel and our local KENTUCKY LIVING channel.
LOTS of junk on telly .. that's for sure .. but .. I GOT THE POWER!!! (that little clicker thingie in my hand).

Honey hunk likes 'sports' and 'news commentary' programs. and MOVIES!

ERGO: we will get TWO tv's!!! I got myself a little postage-stamp size one for the kitchen when i was living down here alone .. and hang brought our stone-age TV when he moved here ... can't even understand the 'words' anymore for the background BUZZING! Gonna' get two of those big monster-size flat screen ones ... one for stupid sports and noisome news programs .. and one for my FABULOUS FILMS and Scrumptious Sit-Coms! (Yep .. i get a good giggle at King of Queens, Everybody Loves Raymond, Becker, and olde Seinfeld re-runs!) Don't watch any program 'religiously' .. but when i'm not listening to music or a book on tape while sewing .. i head for the 'boob toob'!

True Friends, Frannie
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 25 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Aprons Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page