True Blue Farmgirl

734 Posts

Shirley
Olympia Wa
USA
734 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2005 :  3:52:02 PM  Show Profile
Hi,
I was just at calico cat last week, yep got a apron pattern.
They have either 6 or 8 patterns, and examples of the patterns made up. they were so cute!!
Hard to make up my mind which pattern to get. But now im ready to make my apron.
Just give me more time in a day!!
They also have lots of neat things to look at in that store. I only have 5 more dollars to do on my punch card. Yipeee
shirley
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2005 :  3:54:01 PM  Show Profile
Look Out, Idaho! Here come the Farmgirls! Does Stuie count as a Farmgirl, CindyLouWho?

Happy Wishes!
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2005 :  3:57:57 PM  Show Profile
UtahPatgirl-Yes...Stu can be a farmgirl as long as he wears his apron

If I keep a green bough in my heart, the singing bird will come.
Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2005 :  4:03:33 PM  Show Profile
I plan to make some man-type aprons... out of denim and some cool masculine accent materials. I'd better get to sewing... we want them farmboys properly attired! haha

May the sun bring you new energy by day, may the moon softly restore you by night, may the rain wash away your worries, may the breeze blow new strength into your being, may you walk gently through the world and know its beauty all the days of your life. ~~Apache Blessing
Go to Top of Page

Cindylou
Farmgirl at Heart

243 Posts

Cindylou
Moscow Idaho
243 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2005 :  4:08:58 PM  Show Profile

Hi Patricia! Stuie, an honorary farmgirl, and all the guys are certainly welcome to come up for Farm Fair. By the way, I did not make Stu's bread this weekend ~ it was just tooooo nice outside! I did purchase the ingredients. Our wonderful Farmer's Market is only open for two more Saturdays. Julie Bell and I had fun picking out squash, pumpkins, peppers, etc. while my husband talked up his City Council candidacy. So, Julie and I escaped to Jane Stratton's u-pick flower farm spending over an hour cutting a big bucket of flowers for each of us. The colors are absolutely gorgeous and it has been in the 70's which is very unusual for this time of year. Soon, it will be colder, rainy and the perfect day to make bread!
sunnily yours,

MaryJane's Left-Hand Farmgirl
Cindylou
cindylou@maryjanesfarm.org
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2005 :  11:40:29 AM  Show Profile
MY mom said she was cleaning out her patterns and found some apron patterns. She has set them aside for me!!!!! I will be going to visit her in a couple weeks(yeah,love my mommy!), and with her stock pile of fabric, hmmmmmmmm?
AnnieT,let me know if you come across a maternity apron pattern, hoping to make one for my daughter as soon as I get the word. Thanks!

"...the setting sun is like going into the very presence of God." Elizabeth Von Arnim

Edited by - Julia on Oct 19 2005 11:43:45 AM
Go to Top of Page

Cindylou
Farmgirl at Heart

243 Posts

Cindylou
Moscow Idaho
243 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2005 :  11:56:25 AM  Show Profile

Hi farmgirls! Today I'm wearing a beautiful apron that MaryJane gave me for my birthday last year. It ties around my waist and has a huge pocket for "gathering" all across the front. The vintage print with Bing, Queen Anne and Mont Morency cherries is quite lovely. The pocket is a creamy yellow with printed cherries. The body of the apron is black with printed cherries. I feel like I should skip off and make pies!!
Clare ~ I'm making a "man apron," as my hubby calls his, for my future son-in-law. I went to Tri-State Outfitters and purchased a light canvas, which is similar to Aaron's apron. I'd love to see what your farmguy aprons are like!
Julia ~ what a lucky daughter you are!! I'm looking forward to hearing about the marvelous patterns your mom has saved for you!
love ya,

MaryJane's Left-Hand Farmgirl
Cindylou
cindylou@maryjanesfarm.org
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2005 :  12:34:07 PM  Show Profile
Ladies, Stuie says, unlike our friend John, he doesn't do aprons with lace, ruffles, polka dots, rick rack or other fru-fru. Knowing Stuie, his apron will have to sport an Alfa Romeo, Fiat or Etceterini. (his passions) He just amended this to say, "It can be a Bar-be-Quie type thing, but I don't do fru fru." Heh...I think we're getting to him. Oh, the pictures we'll have! (to paraphrase Dr. Seuss)

Happy Wishes!
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2005 :  12:36:22 PM  Show Profile
Cindylou Who ~ I bought Stuie a bunch of King Arthur goodies through the catalog for his birthday yesterday. One of which was a bag of nuts, seeds, and a million kinds of grains for his bread baking. Can't wait till he does that one!

Happy Wishes!
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2005 :  3:11:42 PM  Show Profile
I got my copy of Cottage Living today and there's an article about a gal who has started her own company making aprons. She's marketing them as body-conscious aprons that would be mistaken for dresses. Of course I checked the website and not only do the aprons sell for between $40 and $62 they also are not meant for anyone larger than about a size 12! http://www.kitschnglam.com

GO WHITE SOX!!!!
http://rusticcottage.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2005 :  3:57:49 PM  Show Profile
Kay...They are cute aprons and in exploring the site it looks like she will be making them in larger sizes so the average woman can wear them...I think over 40 bucks is pretty pricey for a half apron. And 60 bucks and over is a stretch for a halter style apron. I think some of the farmgirls on this site are just as creative and excelled in apron making as this lady...and could certainly be more authentic and price competitive. The fabric is cute though, and I do like the reversible idea.

Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2005 :  7:16:17 PM  Show Profile
I think the aprons are adorable too and I love the idea of them being reversable. I just think the prices are ridiculous.

GO WHITE SOX!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Kim
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2005 :  7:39:22 PM  Show Profile
I saw that in Cottage Living also! I was curious as to what she was charging for them......

Frankly, I will buy mine from the FarmGirls here. After a year (or has it been longer?) of posting here. I'd rather by from you all as I "know" you and trust you. No offense to this lady and I hope she is successful, but I know heart and soul go into the products my farmgirl sisters create.

farmgirl@heart

Be at peace with yourself and the rest will follow
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2005 :  9:11:37 PM  Show Profile
Amen Kim!!!

Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2005 :  10:38:29 PM  Show Profile
Kim - I couldn't have said it any better.

GO WHITE SOX!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2005 :  08:30:45 AM  Show Profile
Right on, girlfriend! oops, got carried away...

Happy Wishes!
Go to Top of Page

Kate
MaryJane's Farmgirl

135 Posts

Kate
Moscow ID
USA
135 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2005 :  1:44:02 PM  Show Profile
Patricia
You can use whatever you would like from what I said!! Sorry it took me so long to respond. I haven't checked this out in awhile. I just love all these ideas!! It's so creative!!
kate

Tomorrow is always fresh with no mistakes in it.....unless they are spelling mistakes.
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2005 :  2:04:33 PM  Show Profile
Thanks, Kate! Can you share a photo to go with it? P

Happy Wishes!
Go to Top of Page

AnnieT
True Blue Farmgirl

287 Posts

Annie

287 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2005 :  2:44:31 PM  Show Profile
Well, I picked a pattern for my maternity apron, finally. I'll admit it hasn't been a huge priority with a zillion other sewing projects going on at the same time. I'm going to use the Edwardian apron pattern: http://www.sensibility.com/samples/edwardiansamples.htm
and: http://www.sensibility.com/pattern/edwardian.htm
I had been envisioning an apron with princess seams that I could re-draw slightly for belly-room. I like the sleek look of this. I ordered the pattern today, so I will keep you all posted on my progress.

Annie
Go to Top of Page

FarrarFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

330 Posts

Lynda
Frohna Missouri
USA
330 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2005 :  9:23:49 PM  Show Profile
"The fabric is cute though, and I do like the reversible idea."

[/quote]

Hi,Meadowlark,

I totally agree with you about only one thing, since I haven't seen this website yet that you are referring to about the $60 aprons, and that is the reversible part. That's how all of my aprons are made and I love it. They are so much more durable and absorbant, not to mention, but I"m gonna anyway that in a pinch when you need a clean one all you do is turn it over and there you have it.

Just from the sewer's perspective, I love coordinating the fabric to make them not only reversible, but complimentary. It's just a lot of fun for me.

Had to chime in, I'm in "Catch-up" mode and am trying to read and respond as much as I can. I miss all of you and want to try and be as reconnected as possible. Have a blessed day.

In His hands,
Lynda

Pray in faith and you will not live in doubt.
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2005 :  10:24:56 AM  Show Profile
One more in agreement! We do have a forum of creative gals here, I love that. It has encouraged me to get cracking by using the fabric I have stock piled into a pluthera of cute, fun and functional aprons.
I hope too that the gal in the mag does well, but I would rather spend $60 fabric.
Bought an ugly apron for .25 the other day. Why? cause it's an apron!

"...the setting sun is like going into the very presence of God." Elizabeth Von Arnim
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2005 :  3:29:23 PM  Show Profile
Annie..cute pattern you picked..I bet it will be a great maternity apron. I should make a long apron like that. Most of mine are knee length or shorter...for wearing with my jeans I guess. Let us know how it turns out!!

Jenny in Utah
Put all your eggs in one basket..and then watch that basket!! Mark Twain
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2005 :  5:16:54 PM  Show Profile
I have that pattern, too and I'm looking forward to making it and bringing it to the farm in July! Woohoo!
Patricia

Happy Wishes!
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2005 :  11:41:19 AM  Show Profile
Annie, the apron is darling! Me thinks me needs one myself!

Found this web site with vintage aprons. Really great ones!
www.dewittco.com

Edited by - Julia on Oct 27 2005 8:26:26 PM
Go to Top of Page

AnnieT
True Blue Farmgirl

287 Posts

Annie

287 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2005 :  4:47:11 PM  Show Profile
I got my pattern in the mail today. I think this weekend I'll pick out some fabric and get going.

Annie
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 25 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Aprons Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page