Page: of 2

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2009 :  03:01:23 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Hello!!
It seems like it has been forever since I was able to log on and participate. I am very glad to say that we did move from Japan!!! Though we are not on a farm *sniff* I DO have a much bigger yard, live next to a forrest, and have a neighbor with a yard full of ducks and chickens *grinning*!! I love hearing the rooster crowing!! We JUST got settled into the house last week and I Just got internet on Saturday. I am in a beautiful home full of ugly boxes but this too shall pass soon!! I have missed being here so very very much and am SO excited to be able to be back!! To all those I know, I truly missed you and send tons of hugs your way!! to those I do not know yet, I am so glad you are here and can not wait to get to know you all!!

Hugs!!
Talitha

"If we could maintain the wonder of childhood and at the same time grasp the wisdom of age, what wonder,what wisdom,what life would be ours"

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2009 :  04:15:56 AM  Show Profile
Hi from the Netherlands, your almost neighbor

Hugs from Marian/Dutchy, a farmgirl from the Netherlands :)

My personal blog:
http://just-me-a-dutch-girl.blogspot.com/

Almost daily updates on me and mine :)
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2009 :  05:05:24 AM  Show Profile
Talitha!! My goodness, it sounds lke you ahve landed in farmgirl heaven! A neighbor with chickens? Perfect. I will look forward to hearing all about your new adventures in Germany.
Hugs back to you, sweets.

Karin

Farmgirl Sister
# 18 :)

www.perfectlittlemiracle.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2009 :  05:36:42 AM  Show Profile
Welcome back, and I for one would love to see pictures.
Nancy JO

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

lisamarie508
True Blue Farmgirl

2648 Posts

Lisa
Idaho City ID
USA
2648 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2009 :  05:39:03 AM  Show Profile
I don't believe we've met before, Talitha, but I'm looking forward to hearing about your adventures.

Farmgirl Sister #35

"If you can not do great things, do small things in a great way." Napoleon Hill (1883-1970)

my blog:
http://lisamariesbasketry.blogspot.com/

[size=1]My apron website:
http://lisamariesaprons.bravehost.com [size=1]
Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2009 :  05:55:14 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Marian,
Yes! Neighbors indeed!! How neat!! So far it has been quite an adventure but I am hoping soon to have a little neater adventure(s) to share that are not so stressful and scary !! I look forward to getting to know you better!
Do take Care!
Hugs!!
Talitha

"If we could maintain the wonder of childhood and at the same time grasp the wisdom of age, what wonder,what wisdom,what life would be ours"
Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2009 :  06:01:30 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Hello Karin <HUGS>

I tell you it has been quite the funny and sometimes not so funny move ... I now have my 93 year old grandmother living with us, my oldest DS is away getting help for some not great choices he made, and I just found out I am pregnant (HUGE SURPRIZE THERE!!! lol) all while trying to make the change from Japan here, find a home, and try to settle in ! Needless to say I am so thankful to be back online, have a home, be able to experience Europe, and work on a magic potion that will unpack and make boxes disappear!! I will have to figure out how to post pictures here so I can share my adventure with you all.

Thank you so much for stopping to say hello!!
Hugs!
Talitha

Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2009 :  06:02:54 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Hi Nancy Jo!!
Thank you so much!! And I will work on sharing pictures ASAP!!
Many Hugs!!
Talitha

Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2009 :  06:04:25 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Thank you so much Lisa!!
Hugs!!

Go to Top of Page

kpaints
True Blue Farmgirl

1564 Posts

karen
cheney wa
1564 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2009 :  06:49:38 AM  Show Profile  Send kpaints an AOL message
Congrats on your move, hope you love it in Germany. I'm so happy for you (expecting a little one). Wonderful news! Looking forward to 'meeting' here with you often. Pics would be super, but know you are very very busy. Are you in the military? I guess we don't send to Japan. So that would be a no. :) Enjoy your new home.

Find your joy and live it. http://cheneybaglady.blogspot.com/http://www.kpaints.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2009 :  07:01:12 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
It's great to have you back, Talitha! Your mother was right about your sunny disposition. I've missed your 'sunny self' on this forum.

Farmgirl Sister #50

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?"
'Br.Dave Gardner'
Go to Top of Page

Amie C.
True Blue Farmgirl

2099 Posts

Finger Lakes Region NY
2099 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2009 :  07:21:23 AM  Show Profile
Welcome back, Talitha. Congrats on the new baby. It sounds as though life has been exciting for you lately!
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2009 :  07:26:18 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Talitha! Welcome back!!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2009 :  07:34:02 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Karen,
Thank you so much and I look forward to getting to know you too! Actually there is a lot of military in Japan and originally that is why we were there. Then my DH got out of the military but continues to work for them as a civilian. So we are here now in Germany and my DH works for the US Department of Defense here.

I will work on those pictures!!
Hugs!
Talitha

Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2009 :  07:36:54 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Janice,
<HUGS> Thank you so much!! I am so happy to be back!! I feel a bit like Dorothy and am glad to be back in Kansas!! lol
Many Hugs!!
Talitha

Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2009 :  07:38:00 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Amie,

Thank you so much and indeed it has!!
Hugs!
Talitha

Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2009 :  07:39:47 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Thank You Alee!!! Hugs!!!

Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2009 :  07:43:59 AM  Show Profile
Buttercup welcome back, and you have so much news to share!!!! I can't wait to hear more about Germany.....I have never been there. Is the nearby forest a big one like the old stories always tell about? And congratulations about your new one on the way!

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13

Edited by - jpbluesky on Jan 21 2009 07:44:48 AM
Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2009 :  08:05:08 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Jeannie,
Thank you so much!

No I do not live near the Black Forest, though I plan to go there soon! The one by my home is just government protected forest with nice walking trails throughout. And some deer, tons of birds, and I do not know what other critters.

See you 'round!
Hugs!
Talitha

Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2009 :  08:18:12 AM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
welcome back I missed you congrats on a baby coming

takecare suinshine

have a lovely day and may God bless you and keep you safe
Farmgirl Sister #115
my bloghttp://sunshinescreations.vintagethreads.com/
my web store vintage threadshttp://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=79144
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2009 :  08:28:35 AM  Show Profile
Hey Talitha,
lucky you,,,,a precious baby on the way...Blessings to you & DH.
As for Deutschland, where abouts are you?
My mother is from/born in Heilbronn, (the Military base has been closed down), I was born in Stuttgart & lived in Neu Ulm, Munich, Augsburg as well as Heilbronn. Most times on base but in Heilbronn we lived on the Economy w/my Opa.
I so miss Germany it has been some years since my last trip & I am long over due to go back to visit family & friends.
Please do post pic's...hey why not set up a blog and it can be your "diary".
All I can say is, ENJOY! lucky you.
farm girl hugz
>^..^<

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
"I've never met a sewing machine I didn't like!"
mjf#72
Sisters on the Fly#472
www.katmom4.blogspot.com

Edited by - katmom on Jan 21 2009 09:37:52 AM
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2009 :  08:30:12 AM  Show Profile
just remembered, 9hrs difference so it is 08:29am here in Spokane so it is aprox 5:30pm(1730)yourtime...

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
"I've never met a sewing machine I didn't like!"
mjf#72
Sisters on the Fly#472
www.katmom4.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2009 :  08:34:28 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Sunshine,
Thank you so much!! I am glad to be back!
Hugs!!
Talitha

Go to Top of Page

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2009 :  08:49:10 AM  Show Profile
Yes Talitha, where abouts are you! I live quite close to the German border, well one of them lol I live in the north eastern side of the Netherlands, in the province Drenthe. Any where `close´ to you??

Hugs from Marian/Dutchy, a farmgirl from the Netherlands :)

My personal blog:
http://just-me-a-dutch-girl.blogspot.com/

Almost daily updates on me and mine :)
Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2009 :  08:51:07 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Grace,
Thank you!!

And how neat! We are in a little town outside of Wiesbaden called Bad Schwalbach. My husband currently works in Mannheim but will be transferring here to Wiesbaden by June (or so they say ) How neat to have someone here who knows about my new home!
When do you plan return for a visit!? And yes you are right, I am cooking supper while chatting with you all!

I have seriously thought of setting up a blog, it seems the easy way to go for keeping family and friends up to date. If I do I shall let everyone here know!

Hugs!!
Talitha

Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2009 :  09:03:48 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Marian,
I am near Wiesbaden... on the north west side... do you know where that is compared to you? How far are we apart? It would be wonderful to be close to another farmgirl!!!
Hugs!
Talitha

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic I Have Landed ! Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page