Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2009 :  2:43:22 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I am feeling very inspired right now. I decorated my office with a family heirloom quilt. I posted pictures on a thread entitled "One wall of my office decorated".

Anyway the quilt is from my Great Great Aunt Nora. She was an amazing lady who unfortunately could never have children of her own. She was VERY talented at making quilts, embroidery- pretty much any handwork! She cooked, canned and was very frugal. She also loved being outdoors and believed that women could do anything men can do!

So right now I am sitting here looking at her quilt. Beautiful fabrics and even more stunning embroidery.

I know my Aunt would be so proud of me- working to get my college education. And each time I look at her quilt it makes me want to be more competent in my home life as well (cooking, cleaning, raising my Nora, hand work etc)

So I guess I better hit the books!

What inspires you to be better?

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2009 :  3:18:27 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
My son and hubby- truly, they are the only one's who have supported me over the past 5 years and made me feel special and accomplished. I am also inspired by constantly challenging myself to do more, do better, do bigger, go for my BIGGEST dreams and goals, no matter what!!!

Heather

Yee-Haw, I am a cowgirl!!!
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic I am feeling INSPIRED Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page