True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2009 :  09:32:15 AM  Show Profile
Kool!
Like Mannheim, Heilbronn is about 1/2 way twixt Franfurt & Stuttgart, east of Heidleburg. In the Baden-Wurtenburg region.
I am hopeing by either the end of this year or Spring next year I will be able to go back to Heilbronn.
I love the fresh breads at the Bakeri and the wonderful meats @ the metzgeri. I peek into the webcam every day in Heilbronn to feel connected as well as chat w/ my childhood friend, Irmgard. We have been BFF for 45 years...wow! when did we get "old"? lol!
hugz & yes, do the blog....it makes it easy for friends & family to peek into your world.
Hugz,
Tusch! (sorry, no "Umlauts" on my keyboard.)
>^..^<

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
"I've never met a sewing machine I didn't like!"
mjf#72
Sisters on the Fly#472
www.katmom4.blogspot.com

Edited by - katmom on Jan 21 2009 09:38:22 AM
Go to Top of Page

cinnamongirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1682 Posts

Carrie

Canada
1682 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2009 :  09:39:32 AM  Show Profile
welcome back and congrads on baby
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2009 :  09:41:08 AM  Show Profile
oh & if I recall, the Netherlands is a strong 6hr drive from Mannheim. Give a few stops to be a "tourist". lol! So maybe you & Marian could meet 1/2way for a day trip....wouldn't that be kool! Or take the Euro train... Essen is maybe the 1/2way point...
Lucky you to be there....
I have to laugh, the last time I was there, I just purchased cheap curl iron & blow dryer and then left them w/Irmgard instead of lugging them & converters in my suitcase...left more room for "stuff" to bring back State side. lol! I find it easier to just buy soap/shampoo/toothpaste etc then lugging it.
hugz,
>^..^<

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
"I've never met a sewing machine I didn't like!"
mjf#72
Sisters on the Fly#472
www.katmom4.blogspot.com

Edited by - katmom on Jan 21 2009 09:45:09 AM
Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2009 :  09:45:23 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Grace,
Oh ok... neat! I LOVE the bakeries and the produce stands and markets the most!! I already bought my shopping basket and a wheelie one too! While we were in temporary housing I was like 2 blocks from a bakery and produce stand and LOVEDDDDD it!! I have yet to find one walking distance from my home but I know there are some in the town near by.

That is great that you have a BF over here and that you have been friends for that long!! That sort of thing never makes me feel old... it is when kids I use to change diapers on send me pictures of their kids.... then I feel O-L-D lol

Hugs N Tusch, (my puter doesn't either lol)
Talitha

PS I have to agree on the luging stuff!! That is smart!! And you can always get simple things at the Real or such

Thanks for the info on the drive...maybe we can do that one day... it would be neat to meet another farmgirl in person!

Hugs!!

"If we could maintain the wonder of childhood and at the same time grasp the wisdom of age, what wonder,what wisdom,what life would be ours"

Edited by - Buttercup on Jan 21 2009 09:47:55 AM
Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2009 :  09:48:47 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Carrie,

Thank you so much!!

Hugs!
Talitha

"If we could maintain the wonder of childhood and at the same time grasp the wisdom of age, what wonder,what wisdom,what life would be ours"
Go to Top of Page

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2009 :  1:22:59 PM  Show Profile
Yeah I have been checking on Google Earth. The drive (I have no car) takes about 5 top 6 hours!! So maybe someday, meeting halfway...who knows!!
Trains go far so, maybe.....??

Hugs from Marian/Dutchy, a farmgirl from the Netherlands :)

My personal blog:
http://just-me-a-dutch-girl.blogspot.com/

Almost daily updates on me and mine :)
Go to Top of Page

K-Falls Farmgirl
Chapter Leader

2096 Posts

Cheryl
Klamath Falls Oregon
USA
2096 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2009 :  3:23:38 PM  Show Profile
Congratulations on your move, welcome back and happy news about baby.

http://www.k-fallsfarmgirl.blogspot.com/
Come visit the barn at http://barndoorcreations.blogspot.com/
Cheryl
Farmgirl #309
"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude." Maya Angelou
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic I Have Landed ! Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page