Page: of 3

Claude09647
True Blue Farmgirl

761 Posts

Claudia
Our Dairy Farm Pennsylvania
USA
761 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2009 :  5:53:42 PM  Show Profile  Send Claude09647 an AOL message
I agree! I can read MJF from cover to cover and then go back and read the entire thing again and learn something new. Most people my age go for cosmo girl, i can read certain things in that but with MJF what i read i can actually use in life and teach others what i learn!

"If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door."
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2009 :  6:14:35 PM  Show Profile
I love the fact tht they are such a teaching tool for me. I look things up in back issues all the time. They are consistantly good. It never fails that I learn something, usually lots of things, every issue.
I have all but the Premiere issue. I still dream of finding one at a yard sell or such.

For tomorrow and its needs I do not pray, but keep me, guide me, love me, Lord just for today.
St. Augustine

Go to Top of Page

MommaJ9
True Blue Farmgirl

157 Posts

Kimberly
Longview Washington
USA
157 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2009 :  8:34:43 PM  Show Profile
I'm a new subscriber to the magazine and I LOVE it! My family and I went camping (without the glamour) and I brought my 3 mags along! When we got home, MaryJane's Outpost was waiting, still in the box...I had forgotten all about it! For the last 3 nights, I've had to put the book down, just so I could wind down enough to sleep! Too many ideas floatin' around in this old brain, but I'm excited to try them all! (Well, most of them...a girl has to sleep eventually!)

jabezfarm.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2009 :  10:39:34 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I am glad this topic was revived! I need to follow through on my article index idea! A great excuse to re-read my favorite magazines!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2009 :  07:30:59 AM  Show Profile
I love the mags and the books and tend to use them like text books and reference books. I am always looking up things over and over. There is so much info in one magagzine, one must often, make a pot of tea, find a quiet place and reread them.

For tomorrow and its needs I do not pray, but keep me, guide me, love me, Lord just for today.
St. Augustine

http://www.myfeetaredirty.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

sharikrsna
True Blue Farmgirl

185 Posts

Shari
Carthage Illinois
USA
185 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2009 :  6:14:55 PM  Show Profile
I love the sewing projects, and crafts, and the recipes, which always seem to be for whatever we have ripe at that moment. I have already created a semi open air bedroom in the loft of our barn and I love it!!!!! Go MaryJane!

Shari
Farmgirl Sister #607
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2009 :  07:57:25 AM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Shari,
That sounds perfect!

Circumstances made us FRIENDS; MaryJanesFarm made us SISTERS :)

Rene'Groom~
Sisterhood Coordinator

Farmgirl Sister #185
www.MaryJanesFarm.com/RFBlog/
www.Twitter.com/RuralFarmgirl
www.FarmGirlsFarm.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

TansyShy
True Blue Farmgirl

100 Posts

Joanna
Wasilla AK
USA
100 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2009 :  12:01:50 PM  Show Profile  Send TansyShy an AOL message  Click to see TansyShy's MSN Messenger address  Send TansyShy a Yahoo! Message
I've just finally read through the newest issue and it's the third one I've read. I have to say how much I love this magazine. I love the stories, the recipes, the tips and to do things. I love the colorful pictures and especially the craft ideas. My dad has read the magazines and love them and so does my Grandma! Thanks Mary Jane for putting out a magazine that I can relate too and opening up a world, that I not only love, but can meet other people who love it too. :)
Joanna

Music is a higher revelation than all wisdom and philosophy...
~Ludwig van Beethoven
Go to Top of Page

queenofadventure
True Blue Farmgirl

87 Posts

Jessica
Jensen Beach FL
USA
87 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2010 :  7:40:32 PM  Show Profile
I'm new here and I am so excited to a part of this community. I found this through the magazine which my mom is a subscriber to...believe me I want to snagaroo all of her mags!! I love how the information is so applicable as I have already used the onion idea....as of now I have an onion in a jar in my room...though it makes my boyfriend and I think we both have onion breath...somehow the air is feeling more well breathable in there...I love the idea that it can prevent the seasonal flu...how cool is that!! I just love the tips from the past that can be applied to the present. Yahooo MJF Magazine!
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2010 :  08:36:54 AM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Hey Jessica, Welcome. Glad that you are enjoying the farmgirl connection. We do have a lot of fun here and are always learning and teaching new things. Again welcome!!!

Rene'Groom~
Sisterhood Coordinator

Farmgirl Sister #185
www.Twitter.com/ReneGroom
www.FarmGirlsFarm.blogspot.com
www.renenaturallyspeaking.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

queenofadventure
True Blue Farmgirl

87 Posts

Jessica
Jensen Beach FL
USA
87 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2010 :  11:03:14 AM  Show Profile
Thanks so much Rene! I am psyched about being a part of this divine sisterhood. I have already signed up for the Valentine exchange...i am already pondering different ideas!
best wishes and with gratitude,
Jess
Go to Top of Page

Candy C.
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Candy
Mescal AZ
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2010 :  11:52:27 AM  Show Profile  Send Candy C. a Yahoo! Message
I love reading every magazine from cover to cover and then sharing it with my girlfriends!

I have my very own sprouting container in the kitchen window and am eagerly waiting for the little beet sprouts to get big enough to harvest for a sandwich!

Candy C. #977

Go confidently in the direction of your dreams.
Go to Top of Page

CherryPie
True Blue Farmgirl

935 Posts

Kimberly Ann
Puyallup WA
USA
935 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2010 :  2:31:20 PM  Show Profile
I've been putting different back issues of MJF magazine on my nightstand each week so at night I can re-read and savor the farm fresh flavor of each one. It's a great way to have sweet thoughts before I go to sleep.

Kimberly Ann
Farmgirl Sister #225
Crochet Geek, Newbie Fiddler, Would-be Farmer, Backyard Chicken Rancher, Eager Podcaster
http://beesinourbonnetsintheburbs.blogspot.com/
Podcasts at http://thefannyfarm.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Leelee
Farmgirl in Training

38 Posts

Wraylee
Diamond WA
USA
38 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2010 :  4:55:49 PM  Show Profile
I simply love getting MJ's farm! My Mom in Southern Utah usually gets her's on the same day as I do...we rush to call each other so we can thumb thru and pick out which articles we'll read first! She always sees something I may have missed on the first couple reads, and vice versa. Her favorite thing to read in MJ's farm is anything related to sheep and wool. My favorite thing is the artwork that accompanies every wonderful article, handy hint, and delicious recipe.

Feeling down? Saddle up!
www.quiltcropandcabbage.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2010 :  9:27:11 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
I am enjoying re-reading through this. There are so many things to love about the magazines aren't there?

Rene'Groom~
Sisterhood Coordinator

Farmgirl Sister #185
www.Prosserfarmgirls.ning.com

Go to Top of Page

MeadowCrone
True Blue Farmgirl

220 Posts

Bernadine
Island Park and Salem ID
USA
220 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2010 :  3:52:28 PM  Show Profile
I love reading the success stories of women entrepreneurs. It inspires me. I was afraid to get a cow until I read that article. I bought my cow, Sugar, and have not regretted it.

www.muckingbootsandmagic.blogspot.com

www.meadowcrone.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2010 :  5:23:42 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Bernadine,
That is really great.... you are right there is always something that inspires.

Rene'Groom~
Sisterhood Coordinator

Farmgirl Sister #185
www.Prosserfarmgirls.ning.com

Go to Top of Page

Maggiemoo
Farmgirl in Training

15 Posts

Jennifer
Johnstown Ohio
USA
15 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2010 :  09:02:57 AM  Show Profile
I love the MJF magazines for many reasons, but one is that I feel comforted by the simple fact that there are so many other people out there like me. The way "farmgirls" are featured, not in a way as an "expert", but just as regular people. They may be an expert on a particular topic, but it's not done in a way that makes you feel inferior. That combined with the wealth of very useful information and pictures that have the ability to take you to another place and time, it's just awesome. Many of the pictures make me think of my grandparents farm or my own place at different times. It promotes very good memories or very good ideas, both leaving you feeling good. I live in a rural area and have some wonderful people around me. I also have found that some rural people are hardened and not always willing to offer advice. Your magazine fills in those gaps. I don't feel any judgement from other farmgirls if I don't know how to do something. I am just very appreciative for MJF!

Cowgirls are forever.
Go to Top of Page

Sweet Cakes
Farmgirl at Heart

1 Posts

Stacy
Churubusco Indiana
USA
1 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2010 :  10:29:36 AM  Show Profile
I just got my first copy of MJF. I'm blown away by everything in it. "Cool" just doesn't cover it.
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2010 :  10:32:24 AM  Show Profile
I just adore the magazine! It says often, what my heart is needing. Thank you MJ!

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. ~Leonardo DaVinci
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2010 :  05:25:54 AM  Show Profile
I just love it! It was the first magazine that I have read front to back. I don't want to miss any of the information. I just makes me remember how life was so much calmer when I was growing up. Moms were at home, always something cooking in the kitchen. All the important things in life were being lived out. I really enjoy all the receipe's, and helpful ideas. I,m always sharing ideas with my friends about what I got from the magazine. My mother is 85 and really likes to read through them. But she knows she is to always give them back. I also go back for information that I remember reading. It is the Best read out there. Just like the web site. Can't miss stopping in to see what everyone has to post. Always new ideas.
Go to Top of Page

cntry@heart
True Blue Farmgirl

57 Posts

Diane
Clinton MO
USA
57 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2010 :  4:33:59 PM  Show Profile
This magazine is an answer to what I have been searching for! All the things that run through my mind or ever wondered about or had questions, or ideas are on the pages of this magazine. I received my first copy as a gift subscription because the person knew I was "into that sort of thing" and I can't thank them enough for giving me this wonderful magazine!!
Go to Top of Page

MeadowCrone
True Blue Farmgirl

220 Posts

Bernadine
Island Park and Salem ID
USA
220 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2010 :  4:53:46 PM  Show Profile
Brenda, when my mother saw my magazine, she got so excited too. Now it is fun to see my daughters enjoy it too.

www.muckingbootsandmagic.blogspot.com

www.meadowcrone.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Nana Shirl
True Blue Farmgirl

352 Posts

Shirley
Kit Carson Colorado
USA
352 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2010 :  9:13:32 PM  Show Profile  Send Nana Shirl a Yahoo! Message
I too have found a sense of self..if that makes sense to anyone...It feels so good to know there are girls out there like me...in some ways way..As I read and peruse the magazine I feel at home with others like me...The aprons really did it for me..I love them...and hankies and a spot of tea..cinnamon rolls hot from the oven..nostalgia..I feel alive when I read about all I long for..from days gone by spent with my Grandma Gladys Oney and Auntie Mary...Blessings to all that make mj what it is..I would love to come play...Nana Shirl

You can't get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me. ~C.S. Lewis
Go to Top of Page

dandelionhouse
True Blue Farmgirl

205 Posts

Debbie
Plymouth Mass
USA
205 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2010 :  4:54:59 PM  Show Profile
I love how MJF is filled with rich content from " real lives" of all sorts of people with very little advertising. My mom and I counted over 50 adds in a REAL SIMPLE magazine once..not exagerating. There was nothing to read! I love how the magazine is laid out in sections.. sort of like a binder so you always know where to go to find that something special...I love the recycled paper feel and touch and how pretty the magazine is with the scrap book paper backgrounds, quotes, and curly cue font style's here and there... mostly I love how inspired I have become since finding MJF and how much of my self I have uncovered since reading it. Plain and simple.. I think the magazine will have a huge effect on the healing of our country... with all of us farmgirls scattered about but " together in spirit" passing out good will, good ideas, and sharing our creative talents. Lastly, Mary Janes Farm brings out the patriot in me! It reminds me of the America I grew up in and pine for all at the same time. One issue at a time Mary Janes Farm brings us all a little closer to home...The blogs are great too! They offer a wonderful way to keep the farmgirl spirit alive between issues! I try not to read my entire magazine in one sitting... but it is hard!!!
I think that just about says it all for this farmgirl!
Deb~ www.deborahjeansdandelionhouse.com

home is where we all craft the life of our dreams.

Edited by - dandelionhouse on Feb 03 2010 07:02:13 AM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Book Ideas: Previous Topic I Just love the MJF Magazine Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page