remembrance farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

59 Posts

Cheryl
"Remembrance Farm" Ky
USA
59 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2010 :  3:11:43 PM  Show Profile
I got my first issue this month & I love it!

C

I will work harder!
Go to Top of Page

tinarie
True Blue Farmgirl

59 Posts

Tina
Bagdad Florida
USA
59 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2010 :  5:22:19 PM  Show Profile
I purchased my first issue of MJF in Vermont. We were vacationing there and it was our first time to such a beautiful place. I needed something to read at night and fell in love with the magazine. It's perfect for someone like me wanting a farm but not having one. I like to pretend. I have the old house and wrap around porches. I have a lemon tree, blueberries and thornless blackberries. So that's a start:) I hope to have a clothes line this summer. I will have to enclose my backyard first because of restrictions in the historic district. But I can't wait. The magazine is a joy to look at. I never glance through it I always save it for the porch swing. What a wonderful read. I'm so happy I found it and love to share copies with my mother.

...When one flower blooms,spring awakens everywhere....
- John O'Donohue
Go to Top of Page

Nana Shirl
True Blue Farmgirl

352 Posts

Shirley
Kit Carson Colorado
USA
352 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2010 :  11:44:37 AM  Show Profile  Send Nana Shirl a Yahoo! Message
I was soo happy to find MJF this person I have had inside me waiting to get out has found a place to BE...I am a lover of things past..a keeper of the flame..Long for bygone days..quiet times on grandmas lap...the scent of lilacs by the bedroom window...Lace curtains fluttering in the breeze..cinnamon rolls and fall leaves burning..once upon a time I think we had more time to live loving life even tho times were hard..there was a connection...I can go back to some of that when I leaf thru my MJFM..I tie on an apron and step back with the rest of the farmgirls to a place I can BE ME..Blessings..Nana Shirl

You can't get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me. ~C.S. Lewis
Go to Top of Page

tinarie
True Blue Farmgirl

59 Posts

Tina
Bagdad Florida
USA
59 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2010 :  12:54:37 PM  Show Profile
Nana Shirl I just love what you wrote and I love your quote by C.S. Lewis. I love the smell of burning leaves and days gone by. I have a big Walton's fan for that very reason. My second name is Olivia Walton:) I love my aprons and in my mind enjoying days like in those tough but simpler times.

...When one flower blooms,spring awakens everywhere....
- John O'Donohue

Sweet B Papers My Etsy Shop
tinarie21.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Book Ideas: Previous Topic I Just love the MJF Magazine Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page