Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Here's to Your Health
 Women's cycle & Moon phases
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Women's cycle & Moon phases Next Topic
Page: of 4

hapyhrt
True Blue Farmgirl

129 Posts

USA
129 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2005 :  03:04:29 AM  Show Profile
My own experience with the pill (given for irregular periods)was extremely painful cramping. When I reported it to my male ob/gyn he looked at me like I was crazy and told me that in no way does the pill cause cramping. He went on to say that he prescribes it for women who have major cramping to lesson their cramps. I felt like it was all "in my head" and after more battles with this dr. I stopped taking the darn pill and the severe cramping went away. I also, changed doctors and started seeing a female ob/gyn.

This same male doctor also used to perform "tissue biopsies" in his office on a regular basis, OMG! Talk about pain!!! The first time he did that I thought I'd faint and get sick at the same time. He told me, "well, I could give you something to numb the pain but most woman just think of it as labor contraction and tough it out"! Yeah, right! Maybe someone ought to yank a bit of tissue out of his male part and tell him to tough it out!!!

I learned a lot from that doctor-

1.) NOT to doubt what I'm feeling, it's my body and I know it better than anyone else-

2.) I wouldn't wait as long to change doctors if the one I'm seeing is not listening to my concerns.

3.) Speak up and remember that the Dr. is working for me, after all I'm paying him/her for their medical expertise.

4.) Never take the Drs. word as being the final decision on my health care. I was once given a medication and ended up in the hospital after 3 days of severe diarrhea, vomiting, excruicating abdominal pain and dehydration. All the test showed nothing and yet I was still sick. When my husband asked the doctor if it could be a reaction to the medicine he was told,"certainly not"! Well, I refused the medicine later that morning and though the nurse was upset for my refusal I had to see for myself. Within 24 hours all my symptoms went away and to think they had brought in a surgeon to consider abdominal surgery! It indeed was the medication!

So, bottom line, stand up for yourself, it something doesn't feel right make sure they medical staff hears you. Change meds, do whatever but don't accept that you have to live in pain just because someone tells you so!

(((Hugs to all my Sista's))))

"Think HAPPY Thoughts...any others aren't worth your time!" Ü

Edited by - hapyhrt on Aug 11 2005 03:09:57 AM
Go to Top of Page

BlueEggBabe
True Blue Farmgirl

417 Posts

Susan
PA
417 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2005 :  05:56:08 AM  Show Profile

Haven't touched too much on this part of later moontime, but I was
wondering if any of the "coming crone" farmgirls have noticed changes in their emotions during this time?
I wouldnt describe it as a PMS moody-broody type but more of a
strong, forceful "inability-to-tolerate injustices and have to voice it" type.
I have had several experiences in the last few months that have left me shocked at my inability to keep a lid on my feelings.
They just bubble up and explode out of me before I can catch myself and sometimes it is not very pretty.
I feel this, along with a few extra sweaty nights, is the biggest change from my normal way of being a woman in the last 35 years.
I am still on an unwaivering 28 day cycle.
It is a little hard to embrace such a powerful force that roars out of me sometimes.Anyone else have this experience?
I have read all the books mentioned (except the Red Tent) but "Women who Run with the Wolves" changed my life. During the time I was reading it, I felt that my dreaming and my awake time were unusually paralelled and the insights in my journalling borderlined on the profound. MUST dig it out and dust it off!! I think it's time for a re-read.
Thank you for this thread. I have enjoyed connecting with all of your stories very much.

Sue

"If more of us valued good food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."
J.J.R.Tolkien[/size=1]
Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2005 :  07:03:18 AM  Show Profile
I'm with ya Sue. We do find our VOICE, and we do not tolerate injustices. That is why -up until the last few generations- elder women, crones, were so valued in their societies. What I've found helpful, and less energy draining, is to pause, take a deep breath and decide if this issue is really worth expressing myself on, or are these people too dense to "get anything". Not that I"m looking down on everyone, for I certainly am not, but there are different levels of understanding among everyone. And some of them will never change. It's those that I save my energy on. Instead I just send them "light and good thoughts", and walk away. Do give the Red Tent a read...It's darn good. Makes you think about alot of things.

**** Love is the great work - though every heart is first an apprentice. - Hafiz
Set a high value on spontaneous kindness. - Samuel Johnson****
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2005 :  07:23:20 AM  Show Profile
Oh my gosh! I just thought I was going crazy! Thsi has happened to me too! Don't ask me about the time I was in the farm feed store with my young daughter and an uncollared, unleashed, unrestrained PIT BULL was roaming the store because the manager allowed these CLUELESS owners to do so! They and the dog were up at the cash register and I stood back with my daughter out of FEAR and disgust. The very rude woman owner glared at me and flipped me the finger as she was leaving with her husband and the dog. I EXPLODED!!!! It was a shouting match. I could not believe the ferocity that came out of me. I am normally non-confrontational, peace loving. This woman was 8 months pregnant too. Pit Bulls have been banned from out city now after horrible attacks on children and adults. I spoke my mind to the manager and have never been in that store again. You are so right ladies, a warrior emerges in us at this time in our life. A warrior for all that is good and pure and truthful.

Being is what it is. Jean Paul Sartre
Go to Top of Page

greyghost
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

Lynn
Summerville Georgia
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2005 :  08:12:10 AM  Show Profile  Click to see greyghost's MSN Messenger address
I know what you mean about taking charge of ourselves when it comes to medications, Sher! I had tried a different pill, and within a few weeks I started getting migraines. Then the headache became nearly constant. Then it was a migraine every day, then one evening I had one start (blind spots) and as soon as the blind spots went away, I got them back!
I called they gyno who said "The Pill does not cause headaches." It's right there on the package!

I remembered my best friend was HOSPITALIZED for her headaches. After months of testing and brain scans, she realized (herself) it was the Pill causing all that. Recalling what my friend went through, I stopped taking that pill. And within two days I had no more migraines. Needless to say, I found a new gynocologist.

My new gyno is also female, she was so quick with the exam and kept me laughing and distracted the whole time so I couldn't think about what was going on. She is fabulous! She wrote me a scrip to try another pill, which also didn't work well with me, and a scrip for the one I knew had been fine years before. And one for a mild painkiller, just in case. Completely understanding.

I'm also glad to know I am not the only one who has fallen asleep on the bathroom floor after throwing up during the period. It may sound bad, but after all I have been through with my period I really never want another one, even if it's not painful!

Off Topic (sorry):

Meadowlark: I have a Pit Bull mix - and am very active AGAINST the banning of a breed. I am FURIOUS at those people for a)bringing it into a store b)UNRESTRAINED! OMG!!! Those people exhibited the very irrisponsible behavior that has given this once an American family pet a terrible name. Yes, they are dog aggressive. I have never met one that was people aggressive that wasn't trained to be that way by drug dealers or idoit men who needed a penis-extender of some kind. I would never bring any dog of mine anywhere unless I knew she/he would behave like a perfect angel and be an ambassador for the breed. And NEVER without a 4' leash.

If a pitty is owned by a responsible owner - they are the sweetest, most incredibly LOVING dogs you will ever meet. I know many, many, many such dogs. I've sworn I will always have a pit bull or a pit mutt, they're just incredible dogs. I know some who are police dogs, even.

I've been heartbroken when I found a pit bull someone had been using as a "bait dog" since he would not fight. He was covered in cuts and deep, deep tears from other dogs - he was starving, you could see every bone. I brought him home, cleaned him up - Toby was one sweet dog, got along great with my other dogs and after aggression testing we found him a good home on a 5 acre farm with a couple other dogs. The folks loved him because they had a red-nose pit with yellow eyes for 12 years before he died, they said he was the best dog ever and Toby looked a lot like him.

I know it is hard to keep an open mind about this breed with so much negative press. Banning isn't the answer, because idiots like these will pick another breed, like german shepherds or boxers to look tough and treat badly. I was afraid of my dog after my husband said she was pit bull, but we fell in love with her and she is better and more reliable around other dogs than my Shepherd ever was.

Edited by - greyghost on Aug 11 2005 08:24:50 AM
Go to Top of Page

BlueEggBabe
True Blue Farmgirl

417 Posts

Susan
PA
417 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2005 :  08:56:26 AM  Show Profile
Meadowlark,
I am blushing and tearing up as I write this,
But soooo grateful for you for sharing your story.
Yesterday, I too, had a shouting match with someone outside a store.
But it was a man who was leaning against the entrance door and just openly leered at every woman that walked in and out. My 21 yr. old daughter and I watched this creature from our car deciding whether to get out and be his next "victims" or not. Finally I just said "lets go" and I made her walk behind me.
He did his thing without any hesitation or shame, didnt even try to glance sideways, you know? All with a disgusting smirk.
I literally explodedPlease believe me here, that as a Libra farmgirl, I am also a peacemaker and detest angry confrontations of any kind.
I asked him to PLEASE to stop staring and then when he looked shocked and said HUH? I said it again LOUD so that other women heard me. His mouth dropped to the pavement.
But, then he got angry and said I had an attitude, etc. and called me an undesirable name for a female dog.
We got in the store,shaking and looked everywhere for a manager or some other male to go out there and make him go away. Apparently, he left the scene right after my outburst.
I was angry that someone could just get away with being so rude.
I realize now, that it probably wasn't the best way to handle the situation...it could have been dangerous actually.
My daughter was upset with me and embarrassed by my behavior but I felt so protective of every single woman in that parking lot.
I couldn't control myself. Frightening really.(By the way, it was followed or coincided with an enormous hot flash..whoa)
Thank you for listening. I am still processing the whole event today.
Clare, my friend has a copy of the red tent...I already put in a call to her.I will take it with me to the beach in a few weeks and immerse myself.

Sue

"If more of us valued good food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."
J.J.R.Tolkien[/size=1]

Edited by - BlueEggBabe on Aug 11 2005 08:58:26 AM
Go to Top of Page

greyghost
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

Lynn
Summerville Georgia
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2005 :  09:56:17 AM  Show Profile  Click to see greyghost's MSN Messenger address
Susan, on behalf of all women, I thank you for your outburst!

I've snapped at a few leering men in my past as well, and I'm in my late 20s. It makes me so MAD when men do that. I don't care if they decide to be dangerous, I can fight back, but I decided years ago I WILL NOT tolerate beeing leered at or called.

Just two weeks ago I was out walking my dogs and these guys in a white truck stopped about a half block away to jeer (Hey Barbie, come back!) and whistle and hoot. I was hoping they'd brave up to come closer because I have been teaching the dogs to growl on command for just these occasions (Shep mix and pit mix)and I had really nice visions of grabbing the driver by the ear with a few less than pleasant words of my own, starting with "Didn't your mother tell you that's not the nice way to get a lady's attention?". Lucky for them (and me) they were chicken and turned the other way.

I might not be able to go out in public if menopause makes me meaner to idiotic men like that.

(P.S. My dogs like everybody. They think the growling is a game, and since I know them I know their play-growl and their "something's making noise outside and I don't like it" growl. The growl on command is a play growl. But only my hubby and I know that. ;)

Edited by - greyghost on Aug 11 2005 10:01:05 AM
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2005 :  10:18:36 AM  Show Profile
Lynn, I respect every persons right to own the breed of their choice. I am not into bashing any particular breed... But the law is the law. This all came about a round a year ago when a 3 year old girl had her face ripped off and an eye put out by a pit bull attack. She was playing in HER back yard and next door a pit crawled under a chain link fence and attacked her. The father of the girl got to her in time, she survivied but with horrible disfigurement. I was in my local grocery store and ran into the young parents and their daughter, her face stiched and scared. That warrior in me came out and I went up to the mother and hugged her and told her the community was behind her, and that from one mother to another I cared and that her plight and what happened to her daughter would make a difference. ( this was a young, poor family) If you could have seen that girls face...anyway our community decided to ban the breed after other vicious attacks. If the owners of these dogs take responsibility, train them, keep them restrained, and raise them in the proper environment then they should have the right to do so... I hate banning of any kind too...but the breed brings very special resonsibilities that many people have no idea or inclination to accept. Then I DO get angry, and will defend my right to safety for myself and children.

Sue, I understand that "Bodacia" instinct kickin in there! Bodacia was an ancient warrior princess who avenged her daughters rape by taking on the barbarians in ancient Britania and kicked some a**. She was quite successful in leading a huge army against the enemies of her family and home. She was described as being over 6 feet tall had knee length red hair and rode her white stallion nude into battle weilding a sword. Now THAT is attitude!!!!! You GO GIRLS!

Edited by - MeadowLark on Aug 11 2005 10:21:46 AM
Go to Top of Page

BlueEggBabe
True Blue Farmgirl

417 Posts

Susan
PA
417 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2005 :  10:30:22 AM  Show Profile
"She was described as being over 6 feet tall had knee length red hair and rode her white stallion nude into battle weilding a sword. Not THAT is attitude!!!!!"

HAHAHa you make me laugh!
I feel so much better thinking how embarrassed my daughter REALLY would have been if I had attitude like THAT!!!
Had it been a different time, I can imagine those emotions causing me to do the same!!I am positive KMart would be thankful that it is 2005!

S.

J.J.R.Tolkien[/size=1]
Go to Top of Page

greyghost
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

Lynn
Summerville Georgia
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2005 :  10:55:12 AM  Show Profile  Click to see greyghost's MSN Messenger address
Post deleted by greyghost for not pertaining to the thread. Sorry!

Edited by - greyghost on Aug 12 2005 6:44:26 PM
Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2005 :  11:03:42 AM  Show Profile
Let's get back on topic, girls, and maybe take this to the barnyard/animal category. Thanks much!

**** Love is the great work - though every heart is first an apprentice. - Hafiz
Set a high value on spontaneous kindness. - Samuel Johnson****
Go to Top of Page

josie
Farmgirl at Heart

2 Posts

joanne
toronto on
Canada
2 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2005 :  11:43:26 AM  Show Profile
Hi I am new here so Hi to all! I have been reading through all your posts and needed to know about the double moon in July?? I am not sure why but have had menstruated three times since July 14th. Is this to do with the moon phases I am actually on vacation since the 16th of July. Would there be a stronger effect from the moon's pull on my body because I am staying so near the ocean? If anyone can help please!
Thanks!
Josie
Go to Top of Page

bubblesnz
True Blue Farmgirl

291 Posts

helen

New Zealand
291 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2005 :  2:04:08 PM  Show Profile
I had a hysterectomy at 36 and thought it was great, no longer bleeding every 2 weeks for a whole week. It was totally draining me of life.
However having read all your stories on how you guys honour that time and how all that seems so right, makes me wonder if maybe there would have been an alternative to surgery for me.Sadly too late now.
Can someone tell me how will I know I am becoming a Crone.? Not having had periods for so long, I have really become out of touch with that part of my body.Being 47 now, I must be close, as they say after a hysterectomy surgery you go into menopause earlier.

Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2005 :  3:07:25 PM  Show Profile
Good question Helen! Cronedome is probably so different for women, When I am done with periods I don't think that will be the moment I am a crone. I think I will officially be a "crone" when I stop taking a double take at a buff and hunky young guy. That might be when I hit 95!!!!

Go to Top of Page

bubblesnz
True Blue Farmgirl

291 Posts

helen

New Zealand
291 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2005 :  3:48:58 PM  Show Profile
Good one Meadowlark, I,m with you on that one. !!!

We could start a whole new way of looking at Cronedome.
Instead of feeling old, we could call our selves RECYCLED CRONES, as appossed to PRECYCLE CRONES, who arent at that stage yet.
Cant you just picture a bunch of Recycled crones, scarfs around boobs, slippers and walking sticks,hitting the wine bars. :)
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2005 :  4:05:02 PM  Show Profile
Hey Helen, Sounds great! I'll fly to NZ for my 95th Birthday sporting my blue hair, fancy wool scarf and sheepskin slippers and a cane made of that manuka wood you talked about and we will walk the beaches together then hit those wineries!! Good times ahead of us!!!

Edited by - MeadowLark on Aug 20 2005 4:06:38 PM
Go to Top of Page

mdotterer
True Blue Farmgirl

78 Posts

Marlene
Pleasant Hill CA
USA
78 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2005 :  5:45:50 PM  Show Profile
What a great topic! I've just joined this community and I'm still exploring topics and I've had a blast catching up on this one. I am so convinced that women should rule the world! I think Eileen really had it right about the witch burnings - that period of time was like the final straw as far as destroying the credibility and sacredness of women. It's a miracle that some women and cultures have been able to keep it alive over recent centuries and we are starting to get back to it. I can't wait to be a crone! Not because of no periods, but because I want to be a Wise Woman. Especially a Wise Woman who doesn't tolerate stupidity by people who should know better! Women have the nature and power to truly understand the earth and the nature of "inter-relatedness." That is exactly what is needed in our societies!
Marlene
Go to Top of Page

thehouseminder
True Blue Farmgirl

361 Posts

USA
361 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2005 :  1:18:07 PM  Show Profile
I went for my yearly check up the other day and my physician wanted to tell me all about the new Birth Control Pill which keeps you from having a period for a whole year.

I reminded him (he's been my physician for 17 years and does regognize me in public, all my clothes on) that I don't take "The Pill" because I am unable to get pregnant anyway and because I don't think it is all that safe. Further, I find that the week before my period is a very productive time for me when I handle things more efficiently than usual and that during my period, my body seems to cleans itself in many ways which I described to him but won't gross the rest of you out by listing.

He said that many, many young women are taking it because it is "So Convenient". I told him quite honestly that the idea creeped me out. I feel like we are being lulled more and more into a mindset where being a woman is not honored anymore. Other than the obvious "appendages" there seems to be less separation between men and women in the ways that count.

I want equal pay for equal work, etc. My periods are slightly to moderately uncomfortable at times, but just who is inconvenienced by my period anyway??? Hmm. Are young men pressuring their wives/partners to take this?

I really like my Doctor and to his credit he was very affirming and said I was the first female patient of his who seemed to give this any thought at all. What do the rest of you think?

Lucinda

When we were young, there were moments of such perfectly crystallized happiness that we stood stock still and silently promised ourselves that we would remember them always. And we did. --Holly J. Burkhalter , "Four Midwestern Sisters' Christmas Book"

Edited by - thehouseminder on Oct 27 2005 1:20:02 PM
Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2005 :  1:30:35 PM  Show Profile
I think drug companies are having way too big a push.... and the doctors probably get a kick back of some sort along the way. I personally feel that it violates all of womanhood and should not even be considered. It's horrendous. Glad you told him how you felt, Lucinda. More women need to get in touch with the cycles of life once again. It's in these cycles of life that we find our power.

"I am not bound to win, but I am bound to be true. I am not bound to succeed, but I am bound to live up to what light I have." - Abraham Lincoln.... http://farmstyle.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

BlueEggBabe
True Blue Farmgirl

417 Posts

Susan
PA
417 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2005 :  1:34:57 PM  Show Profile
Lucinda,
Two of my daughter's college room-mates take this convenience pill!!
One of them flippantly said "it's so great, now I will never be on vacation(or out dancing, etc. etc. ) and have to "worry" about my period showing up to wreck everything" My daughter has tried to inform them of the possible dangers of this pill but to no avail.
They just mock her for having to lay down and take an "easy day" once a month.I feel the way you do...I try to "use" that time for introspection and have tried to work with it and honor it.
What must happens to a woman's body or psyche if she chooses to ignore this gift?? It is disturbing to think about it.

www.feedsackfarmgirls.blogspot.com
"If more of us valued good food, cheer and song above hoarded gold,the world would be a merrier place."
J.J.R.Tolkien
Go to Top of Page

thehouseminder
True Blue Farmgirl

361 Posts

USA
361 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2005 :  1:44:51 PM  Show Profile
Thank you Clare and Susan!

I can't remember where I read it but a huge amount of money is coaxed out of our pockets because the cosmetic companys and drug companies are bombarding us with messages that there is "something wrong with us."
We wouldn't buy much makeup and would buy fewer skin products if we weren't constantly told that we have all these "flaws" - things we didn't even know were "wrong" with us until we saw their commercials.
Please understand I use a little makeup but not to meet someone else's standards. I think a prime example is all of the overly whitened teeth I see everyday. Scary and not natural. I have to wonder how good that is for tooth emamel. I guess we won't know for 20 years or so.
But I digress...........I just want to be a girl without others interferring. I am reminded of a line from the movie "Parenthood" where the wise Grandma compares life to a rollercoaster and confides that this exciting ride is something she greatly prefers to something boring and sedate. So, I'll take my periods, and my hotflashes - when they appear, and the white hairs that are sneaking in between the reds and they can keep their little "convenience pills".

Lucinda

Oh, by the way, you're right about doctor's getting "spiffed" for writing a certain number of RX's for drug companies. One of my clients is a drug rep for Flonase and confided to me that they buy lunches for the entire staff of a doctor's office when he or she prescribes enough of their drugs and if they really sell them, they get sent on exotic trips!

When we were young, there were moments of such perfectly crystallized happiness that we stood stock still and silently promised ourselves that we would remember them always. And we did. --Holly J. Burkhalter , "Four Midwestern Sisters' Christmas Book"

Edited by - thehouseminder on Oct 27 2005 4:12:16 PM
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2005 :  3:10:48 PM  Show Profile
I agree with these posts girls, and kudos Lucinda for speaking up to the Doc. If we could only go back to a society that honored women's power in their natural cycles and phases of life...and all the mystery that goes with it! I feel so bad for these younger women being pressured into stopping and controlling what nature gave them as a monthly gift! If I were young now...I would probably look twice at that kind of option, but being older and encroaching on the crone years I know the power in the moon cycles. And if only the plastic surgery phenomena was not fueled by the hysteria to be young and wrinkle free and perfect. I agree, those startling white perfect teeth are creepy!

If I keep a green bough in my heart, the singing bird will come.
Go to Top of Page

Eileen
True Blue Farmgirl

1199 Posts

Eileen

USA
1199 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2005 :  6:35:27 PM  Show Profile
Ladies, you speak to my heart. I heard something somewhere last week that has started me thinking. This person said that they felt that the whole womans lib movement was actually started and fueled by men who thought it would be the way to finally get all of our power from us.
Get us wanting what they have. Equal pay for equal work. equal recognition , equal responsibility equal this and equal that. It seems that we have come to a place where we are giving up all that being a woman is about in order to have more stressful lives. We give up our natural beauty for some fiction of beauty. We give up our time to do what we are naturally meant to do for something that pretends to bring us more money and happiness. Now we and our daughters are giving up the very life cycle we are here to protect for the promise of convenience.
Whose convenience does this really serve? What will the consequenses of these choices bring to the next generation?
I am so glad that there are still thinking women out there. I am so grateful for all of you.
We should be a force for cronedom! Teach our daughters and theirs what it really is to being a woman.
I am at the age where I am in the midst of but not through menopause. I went 6 months between menses and then 1 year between and all of a sudden I am on a 28 day cycle again. I did not mind the times they were so far between but I don't mind having them either.
My hair is greying and my body seems to be thickening, weight seems to be hard to dislodge once it has got a hold on me, this is a new thing in the last 3 years. I am totally intollerant of fools and will speak my mind when I feel the issue merits my energy or the target is teachable otherwise I will not waste my breath. I am at a point in my life where looking back I can see the decisions I made that were not the best decisions and know that it was because I did not have enough information to make a better choice. So I can give a little space to someone who is young and makes mistakes in order to learn but am also willing to give information to one willing to ask and listen. Something I have noticed about this time of life for me is that I am not amused when someone begins a dialog with me and asks a question but then does not allow me to answer but interrupts me in mid sentance or begins to talk to someone else in the middle of the answer. People do not pay attention to one another anymore. I do not know if noticing this has to do with Cronedom or if it is society as a whole. I think that cronedom brings with it an ability to think deeply about life, we can look back at our own and see where things could have been different and we can get involved in something where this life knowledge can be put to good use. Hopefully all the media hype will not drown us out.
Eileen

Songbird; singing joy to the earth
Go to Top of Page

greyghost
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

Lynn
Summerville Georgia
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2005 :  08:51:59 AM  Show Profile  Click to see greyghost's MSN Messenger address
That's a very interesting point.
Because... suddenly men don't make so much anymore. They used to make enough money to support a wife at home and a gaggle of kids, a house, and a car. Thinking "Leave it to Beaver" here.

Then women start working. Childcare becomes a neccessity... but most women really (even now) only make about $200 a month after childcare and their working expenses are paid off. This model doesn't work, folks! It isn't fair to the kids, to the family in general. If the wife makes more, fine have daddy stay home. There are men who are househusbands and it works fine for them.

Now I do stay home, but I work from here, with my part/time graphics business. I don't make tons of money, but that's okay. I am happy to have fresh bread or cookies coming out of the oven for DH when he gets home. I like having them around, and it's something nice for him to come home to.

I only wear makeup when I HAVE to. I only wear heels when I have to. I still am not one for dresses or skirts, but I will just as happily dig in the dirt as knead bread.

However, as I stated before... I do skip those periods, if they were just average, cramp for a day kind of thing, I wouldn't mind them. But as it is, for me those pills are a godsend. I hope I am not doing too much damage to my body, but then, those periods were making me far too sick.
Go to Top of Page

thehouseminder
True Blue Farmgirl

361 Posts

USA
361 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2005 :  09:38:15 AM  Show Profile
I can certainly understand taking them for medical reasons. For the first two years of my period I had not just horrible cramps, but diarrhea and vomiting. I missed a lot of school and EVERYONE seemed to know why since it was once a month. So, at that time, it would have made sense. I just don't think it's such a great idea to do it for convenience sake. Do take care of yourself, Lynn. You are the lynchpin that holds your family together.

You ladies have done a wonderful job of voicing what I could not seem to put into words. Women and men ARE different. Why not celebrate the differences instead of working so hard to close the gap and thereby slamming the door on everything we are meant to be? Women are a precious natural resource. We can't let society forget that!

Love to all,
Lucinda

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Women's cycle & Moon phases Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page